PDA

View Full Version : First Peanut Video

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-10-2003, 01:26 PM
Thanks to Niina, here is the link to my first video of Peanut drinking. :D

My Little Bull Kitty (http://home.pi.be/paddy/kittiecats/pt/my little bull kitty.wmv)

She does this everytime she drinks, and if you interrupt her drink, she will do it again before restarting her drinking. Sometimes she will stick her paws in the water and then lick them before sticking her head in and just drinking, but I couldn't get her to do that this time. But stay tuned! :D She'll have a shadow until she does it for me. :rolleyes: ;) :D

For those with dial-up, it might take a minute or two, but it should load. It's a .wmv so it should open up with the windows media player. Hope it works for everybody.

And thanks again Niina!!! You're the best! :) :D

slick
04-10-2003, 02:29 PM
Fabulous! I wonder what she thinks she's digging?? I have seen other cats do this and could never figure out why.

Never mind Peanut, you are loved just as you are. Looking forward to more videos.

Freckles
04-10-2003, 02:30 PM
Cute video. See what you mean about "pawing the ground."

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-10-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by slick
Never mind Peanut, you are loved just as you are. Looking forward to more videos.

That is so true, now the more quirker she is, the better videos I'll be able to take. ;) :D

Thanks Slick & Freckles. She's such a goofball. :D

Edwina's Secretary
04-10-2003, 02:42 PM
arrrrgggghhhhh!!!! I can't get it to open! (I'm on a T1 line.) I keep getting the message "Unable to download an appropriate decompressor."

How frustrating!!! I want to see Peanut!

Cinder & Smoke
04-10-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke in another thread...

We had trouble watchin the movies, too.
Dad figgered out how to do it...

1) First Open "Windows Media Player"...
If there isn't a short-cut on your desktop;
Click on START;
POINT to "Programs"...
another box should pop up with "Windows Media Player" listed with the other programs -
Point to it and Left-CLICK...

The Player should open and fill the screen with the view box and a whole lotta ads...

2) RIGHT-click the Movie LINK on the PT page;

3) a Drop-Down Box appears...
4) POINT to "Copy LINK Location" and RIGHT-Click on it...

5) Back to the Windows Media Player screen...
6) Upper Left Corner - Left Click "File"...
** Drop-down box - find and LEFT-Click the chioce
** "Open URL"

7) The "OPEN" data box will appear...
Point the mouse inside the white box (delete anything that might be already in there),
Then RIGHT-Click and the Link Location you copied from the PT page **should** magically appear in the data box.

8) Punch the OK button - and the player should load the movie.
You might have to punch the big arrow just under the screen to *roll video*... :D

T&P's Mom ~ Movie was GREAT!!

/s/ Phred

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-10-2003, 02:58 PM
Sara, how 'bout if I email it to you? Do you think that would work? It says it's 486 kb's which isn't too big, so you should be able to get it, right? I'll try sending it.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-10-2003, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the help for those who might be having troubles Phred. :)

And thanks for the compliment. I thought it wasn't bad for my first video ever with this camera. ;) :rolleyes: :D Not that it's all that exciting, but I was thrilled just because I could do it. Sometimes technology is so cool. :D

Edwina's Secretary
04-10-2003, 04:03 PM
) First Open "Windows Media Player"...

high-tech software company and I don't have this on my programs......

catland
04-10-2003, 04:09 PM
that's so cute! Do you purposely give her water in a tall glass to watch the show, or is that what she prefers?

Cinder & Smoke
04-10-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
"NO *Media Player*... :(
high-tech software company and I don't have this on my programs..."

Oooooh... :p

No Media Player??

Try this ~
You can Download the Windows Media Player at >>
the MicroSoft Site... (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/default.asp)

Just go for the *cheepie Basic* one - it should be a totally FreeBee version!

;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-10-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by catland
that's so cute! Do you purposely give her water in a tall glass to watch the show, or is that what she prefers?

She does this no matter what the water is in. ;) :rolleyes: I give them their catsip in a saucer with the little cutout for the cup. Nice and flat, and she still does it. :D

And actually that just happens to be the glass that I had on the end table when they decided it was their glass. :rolleyes: And it's the only plastic one we have around the house besides the big cupholder ones you get at McDonalds and such - which would be way too big for her. And this one works out well because it has "feet" on the bottom so I can "screw" it into the thick shag carpeting so it doesn't tip over.

And the reason for the extra piece of carpeting is because the original carpeting was getting grayish colored from always being rubbed on, so we covered it.

Thanks again, Phred. Hopefully with your help Sara will be able to see it. :)

Edwina's Secretary
04-10-2003, 04:49 PM
Thank you Phred! I now have MediaPlayer on my machine!

I got to see Peanut in action!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-10-2003, 04:57 PM
See, Sara, hang around at PT for awhile and you'll become a computer whiz! ;) :)

I'm glad you got to see it. :D

NoahsMommy
04-10-2003, 05:13 PM
I can't wait to get home and see it!!! :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-10-2003, 05:51 PM
OHHHHHHHHH
I CAN'T WAIT TO GET HOME SO I CAN SEE IT TOO!!!!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

ScantyNebula
04-10-2003, 05:54 PM
That's sooo cute!!! I love how she scratches her paws across the floor :) Toby always puts his paw in the glass, pats at it a few times and evetually tips it over! He's woke us up 3 times after spilling water on the floor like that!

Hope we get to see more! Great video!

krazyaboutkatz
04-11-2003, 12:01 AM
Great video Debbie. Peanut sure is cute. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-11-2003, 10:53 AM
Thanks everybody! :D She was dipping her paw in this morning, but of course by the time I ran to get the camera she was done. :rolleyes:

I know I'll get her doing the whole drinking routine one of these days. :D Then you will all think she's loony for going through all of that just for a drink of water, but she does. She's goofy sometimes. :rolleyes: :D

Former User
04-11-2003, 12:17 PM
You're welcome Debbie! Just email me if you need more films to be put online :D
Peanut, little bull LOL :D

veegan
04-13-2003, 12:12 AM
omg that was so cute!!! my ctas drink out of cups too. ALL THE TIME. Its bad, I cant leave any laying around or they WILL get them. And Felicity has been in the BAAAAD!!!! habit of KNOCKING THEM OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:!!! Shes ruined many papers, and almost ruined my keyboard twice! BUT! It is my fault I suppose!! anyhoo.. Here is a cute pic of felix drinking out of one of the water jugs I use to refill the fish tank after I clean it. hahaha

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/pa1dc6cb7a68e96872a757d00bebdacf2/fc596297.jpg

heres a cute pic of felic drinking water :D She always drinks, then lifts her head up a ways, out of reach of the water, and continues to "lick" sticking her tounge way out for like a min after. Its SO FUNNY. I should get a video of that hahaah!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/pf57c7e897b227e86f8e00e6de47e8b82/fc596965.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/pdb91fec9a50bfefcbcec6f607e4117c2/fc596957.jpg
meow! hehe

that reminds me.. my friends 2 cats both "cover their food" and even the dogs food. It is THE cutest thing Ive even seen! None of my cats have EVER done it!!! And Ive never known anyone whos had cats that do it either till now! Do any of yours do it??

RubyMutt
04-13-2003, 10:52 AM
Cute video!! :D I love it! :)

I have some videos of Ruby on my computer that I have been trying to post, but I can't figure out how to do it! :confused: How'd ya do it??? I tried to attach it with my post, but it didn't work... :confused:

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-13-2003, 11:49 PM
I FINALLY SAW IT!!!
I feel honored to have ALMOST practically have been in the same room as PEANUT!!!
That was so much fun... her little licker was really on the move... WHAT A CUTE LITTLE MOVIE!!:D :D

ramanth
04-14-2003, 10:03 AM
Lookout! Peanut is gonna charge the cup! :D

Cute vid!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-14-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by RubyMutt
:confused: How'd ya do it??? I tried to attach it with my post, but it didn't work... :confused:

Well, I had some help from Casper & Kitty. I was confused too, and haven't had time to figure out how to attach one. Once I figure it out, I'll let you know how I did it. :)

Lookout! Peanut is gonna charge the cup!

:D :D :D That is what it looks like. :D :D And she does this every time! :rolleyes: ;) :D

RubyMutt
04-14-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Well, I had some help from Casper & Kitty. I was confused too, and haven't had time to figure out how to attach one. Once I figure it out, I'll let you know how I did it. :)

Thanks! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-14-2003, 01:49 PM
Ruby's Mom, I found this (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24192) that discusses posting videos. I still haven't had a chance to play around with it yet (gotta work - drat!) though.

Hope this helps! :)

kimlovescats
04-14-2003, 10:52 PM
How adorable!!! Peanut is sooooo pretty!!! Do you use a special web video cam for this?

Kim

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-15-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
How adorable!!! Peanut is sooooo pretty!!! Do you use a special web video cam for this?

Kim

No, the new digital camera I bought can take up to 3 minutes of video - with sound no less! The camera is a Canon S400 and I love it! :D

Thanks everybody for all the nice comments - and the 5 star rating! :D I've just been too busy to get anymore videos up, but I'm working on it. I've got a cute one of Tubby but we need to get some work (at work) so my boss gets out of the office already. He's driving me batty being here all the time! :rolleyes: :)

Vermontcat
04-15-2003, 04:13 PM
Samantha says she would love to see a video of Tubby!:D
It would be even better if you could get one with him purring or meowing too!;)
The Peanut video was really cute!:)
Now tell your boss to go home early so you can get some work done without him hovering over you.:p

Vio&Juni
04-16-2003, 08:14 AM
Finally I was able to download the WMP and watch the video.
Peanut is a piece of work :D I love the way she diggs :D :D

ChrisH
04-16-2003, 08:39 AM
That is so cute!!:) More soon, pleeease!:D

Christine

ramanth
04-16-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by veegan
that reminds me.. my friends 2 cats both "cover their food" and even the dogs food. It is THE cutest thing Ive even seen! None of my cats have EVER done it!!! And Ive never known anyone whos had cats that do it either till now! Do any of yours do it??[/color]
My cat Chance (who lives at my parents house) always does this. Zam only does it every once in awhile. Silly kitties.