PDA

View Full Version : My doctor appointment yesterday:(

Tina
04-10-2003, 10:51 AM
Well I went in for my second prenatal appointment yesterday. It didn't go as good as I thought it would. Yesterday was a bad day anyways cause I was tired cause I didn't get any sleep the night before. Rob was up all night coughing his head off from the cold he has.

Anyways, they took blood again which went alright they actually found my vein easy this time. My doctor tried listening for the baby also. And she could not hear anything. She tried listening last time when I was 11 weeks along she said she really wasn't that worried last time, cause it was still kinda early. Well I'm now suppose to be 15 weeks along and she still didn't hear anything. She said she wasn't that worried cause my uterus could be titled back. Well she set up a appointment at the hospital to have a ultra sound to be done tommorow. My actual appointment was set up for the April 15th at the clinic beside the hospital. So she must be worried about it. I don't know what to think really.

Were I go now for my appointments is at a clinic that is in town. I'm starting to think if everything turns out alright I may just set up rest of my appointments at the hospital it is only 25 minutes,away plus I'll have to go there anyways near the end of my pregnancy. In away I don't think they know what they are talking about where I'm going now. All there good for is weighing you,taking your bloodpressure,taking your tempature,getting you to pee in a cup,making you wait for ever in a room before a doctor comes in and sees you and taking blood.

I still can't get it out of back of my mind a may not even be pregnant. I don't know unless there is something wrong with the clinics dopler(sp?) Who knows. At least my appointment is tommorrow now and I don't have to wait till Tuesday. I would sure hate to wait over the weekend just to find out something. I've got to go pick up a letter I got to take to the hospital later.
Maybe I'm over reacting and everything is alright. I sure hope everything is alright and nothing is wrong. I'll try to let everyone know how everything does tommorrow. Sorry this is so long. But I had to talk to someone.

luckies4me
04-10-2003, 11:09 AM
Tina,

When I was pregnant it was determine that I too had a tilted uterus, which really isn't a bad thing, just positioned differently, although it can cause more pressue once the babys head drops. I too had a hard time having Dylan detected by the doppler but once I had my ultrasound it was clear I was pregnant lol. Just keep your fingers crossed, as I will and I am sure all will work out. I know how scary and ANNOYING it can be, I have done this three times!

Did they test you for anemia? I had it really bad when I was pregnant. Are you having morning sickness at all? I had hyperemsis while prenant all times and I hated the first four months of pregnancy. It seemed like the illness ended when the sleeping problems began. It was one thing after the other with me. :p But in the end it all turned out all right. :)

I will be praying for you that all goes well at your doctors appointment tomorrow. If you want you can PM me and talk baby talk. :D

HayleyRosie
04-10-2003, 11:16 AM
Tina,

Please try not to worry. I know that is easy for me to say but please don't. I will be praying that everything will be okay. Keep happy thoughts.

Headbumpies from my furkids,

Christiansmommy
04-10-2003, 11:22 AM
((((HUGS))) And prayers sending your way to make sure baby is okay. Glad you dont have to wait any longer than tomorrow for the ultrasound. When i was pregnant, i had an early ultrasound around 5 weeks to make sure all was okay b/c i had some cramping...they saw the "sac", but no baby...i had to wait another 3 weeks to get another ultrasound, and everything ended up turing out fine...but i know what it is like to have to wait and wonder...so i will say a little prayer for you.

I visit a couple of websites devoted to pregnany and babies and you can stop by if you want...they have a ton of different boards to visit...anything from trying to concieve to early pregnancy all the way to toddlers and even just boards with general topics. It is meant for moms to share experiences with each other...you can even find a board that has a bunch of moms expecting the same month as you and kinda "grow together" with them in your pregnancy. I recently started going to http://www.pregnancy.org .

But when i was pregnant with Christian, i went to http://www.babycenter.com and it helped me out alot when i had gestational diabetes, other expierenced GD moms were a lot of help to me and answered a lot of questions...they are both nice little web communties to be a part of...pregnancy.org is more similar to how this pettalk board is set up...babycenter is not as advanced...but still good.

ANyway, keep us updated :)

Robyn

NoahsMommy
04-10-2003, 11:37 AM
I just asked my co-worker (has three children) about this. She said that she, too, has a tilted uterus and has to get ultrasounds around her 12th week to hear/see the heart beat. I hope that makes you feel a little better. :)

We're here for you. We'll pray all will go well tomorrow and you get to hear that heart beat soon.

Take care,
Kelly :)

Tina
04-10-2003, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the kind thoughts words and thoughts. I'm probably worrying over nothing. I sure hope so. Thank goodness Rob will be going with me tommorrow.

Luckies- I haven't had any morning sickness this time and I didn't when I was pregnant with Kaitlynn. If I do have a tilted uterus least now I know I'm not the only one. I really never heard of it before. When I was pregnant with Kaitlynn I had a pretty good pregancy no real problems. I don't think they have tested me for anemia yet. Thanks for your kind words.

Christiansmommy- Thankyou for your prayers and kind words. And also thanks for the websites. I've got the baby center in my favorites I've just never used there boards yet. And I'll look over pregnancy.org also.

Long as everything goes alright tommorrow at the ultra sound. I'm just going to go to the hospital for the rest of my pregnacy. Seems like anymore the clinic where I'm going now. Has just gotten weird. They use not to be that bad. I even heard two nurses talking about me being 15 weeks pregnant. I didn't say anything to them. And when I checked out yesterday. The woman at the desk said "family planning won't take care of this" ugh. I told her I knew that and handed her my health insurance card. She didn't even make me another appointment. I didn't say anything I just walked away. She acted like she was in a bad mood. Of course I was too after not getting much sleep.

If your wondering they have a program here called "Family Planning" where you can get either free or low cost birth control. I don't know if other states have it or not? So sorry this is so long again.

luckies4me
04-10-2003, 11:50 AM
Not to scare you or anything but please PM me right away! I am suing Family Planning!!! Do not go there, PM me please! You can even call me if you want to talk on the phone about it. Thanks!!

I think you would be better off at the hospital where you can develope a relationship with your doctor. It is great to build this type of relationship with your doctor so that if you ever need to talk about what's going on personally he/she will be more open to talking to you and helping you along.

When they first told me tat I had a tilted uterus I thought for sure that meant something was wrong, but the doctor assured me it is fairly common and not really a problem. :) You are very lucky to not have to endure morning sickness, it can be awful. :( You are one lucky girl! lol

You are still in my thoughts and prayers for a wonderful appointment tomorrow! Keeping my fingers crossed. ;)

Tina
04-10-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
I just asked my co-worker (has three children) about this. She said that she, too, has a tilted uterus and has to get ultrasounds around her 12th week to hear/see the heart beat. I hope that makes you feel a little better. :)

We're here for you. We'll pray all will go well tomorrow and you get to hear that heart beat soon.

Take care,
Kelly :)

Thanks Kelly:) This is just strange to think about though I didn't have a tilted uterus when I was pregnant with Kaitlynn. Now that I'm hearing about different women having problems same as me. It is making me feel so much better. I'm sure there is a healthy baby.

I thought I've felt some flutters but it may be to soon. Thanks again for everyone's kind words. It really does mean alot to me.:)

luckies4me
04-10-2003, 12:14 PM
hah I found something about it online! For anyone considering going to Family Planning please read this article first! Shuler and Kessel are great attornies and the case is moving steadily and should be over this July thank god!

http://www.losangelesmission.com/ed/articles/2001/1201mg.htm

If anyone wants anymore info you can PM me. :)

primabella
04-10-2003, 08:16 PM
I wish the best fo luck to you and Rob, Tina. I hope it all works out for the best.

aly
04-10-2003, 09:10 PM
Tina -

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck at your appointment tomorrow. I am sure everything will be fine so try not to worry. Let us know how it goes please. *HUGS*

Tina
04-11-2003, 07:06 AM
Thanks again for everyone's kind words:) My appointment is in about 2 hours before my ultrasound. I'm alittle nervous but not to bad. Well I'll let everyone knows how everything goes soon as I get back.

Logan
04-11-2003, 07:10 AM
Will be thinking of you, Tina, and saying a little prayer too, that everything is ok. :)

lovemyshiba
04-11-2003, 07:25 AM
Tina,
I'll be thinking of you and Rob, and keeping you in my prayers today.