PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody play golf?

Miss Meow
04-10-2003, 06:02 AM
I had my first game yesterday. Let's just say luckily it was a best ball game otherwise I would still be out there finishing my round :eek:

I have spent so many years avoiding the game (my mum plays, and oh my god, what a cackling old bunch of whinos trying to escape their husbands congregate at the club!) but a few hours off work and a sunny day were strong a lure. I used Happy Gilmour as my inspiration but couldn't break anything or swear too much as my director was in my team! I wasn't that bad: I hit the ball nearly every time and it went fast and straight - shame that not one of them went into the air! If nothing else, I have learnt that I could be a mean hockey player!!! ;)

PayItForward
04-10-2003, 06:07 AM
My dad refers to Golf as

'a three mile walk, spoilt by a small white ball.'

But he loves golf and plays as often as he can. It grows on you ?

Vio&Juni
04-10-2003, 06:27 AM
I've always dreamed of playing golf. We have in Chisinau only 2 clubs and they are really expensive.

Barbara
04-10-2003, 08:11 AM
Same here. Playing golf is nothing "everyone" does. But if I think that the ball can choose any direction from far left to far right, any angle from staying on the green as well as 90 degrees high, any distance from missing it near my toe to 100 yards or more -then I think there are too many options for me;)

Logan
04-10-2003, 08:34 AM
I want to learn to play. Heck, we live on a golf course and I have only played one time in my life!! I'm probably more of the "putt-putt" type, and my husband may wish that I stick with that once he starts playing with me! But he wants me to learn and I have agreed to do it. :D

Edwina's Secretary
04-10-2003, 08:59 AM
Golf!

I've tried. When I was in college I took it for a semester (two semesters of Phys Ed were required then...) My mother, who was an excellent golfer -- convinced me that I needed a sport that I could play when I "got old." I hated it. I could hit the ball to hell's half acre but I had no control where it went. I tired of excusing myself to the tennis player while retrieving my errant ball.

Some years later the company I was working for had only ONE employee event and that was a golf outing. Written into the rules was MEN ONLY. Four of us got together and successfully challenged the rule. We took private lesson. For the first time in the history of the Golf Outing -- it rained. No...it poured! All 18 holes. I was miserable. I hated it. I came in last and didn't even care!

We live on the edge of a county (cheap!) golf course. It is a nice place to walk in the winter time.

slleipnir
04-10-2003, 10:34 AM
I personally don't really like the game, but my dad loves it, and is very good at it :]

koxka
04-10-2003, 05:59 PM
Oh well, I tried once, some months ago. Just because one of my nephews is currently taken lessons, and his father plays golf too, he is quite good at it , but he seems more interested in playing soccer.:rolleyes:

The nicest part of the game was a seven old kid teaching his fourtenn+ aunt to play,he was real sweet and patient. :rolleys:

Barbara you are too funny! :D