PDA

View Full Version : Do you keep your gift giving even?

Gepansy
12-16-2001, 02:16 PM
I know some of you have more than one pet, but do you give them the same things or maybe give one more than the other? :confused:

kobieeli
12-16-2001, 03:48 PM
We try to keep things fair, but not necessarily "even" between Kobie and Eli. For instance, when we get Eli a new frisbee, we also get Kobie something she'll like (rope toy or similar chew item). The two dogs are so different in their interests that it's just not fair to give them the exact same things, but we do try not to leave either of them out when gifts are being given! We hung a stocking for each of them, too--identical except that Kobie's is green with red trim and Eli's is red with green trim... :D

slleipnir
12-16-2001, 04:37 PM
I doubt the dogs would notice, mine used to just share everything, it was like everyones toys, but rufus is old and won't chew really, he never really chewed anything.I'd say just get the same if your not sure, i'm sure they love it even if its not the same amount or whatever :D

jackiesdaisy1935
12-16-2001, 06:12 PM
We usually try to make it as even as we can, each dog likes a different kind of toy, so we get them what they like but try to make it the same number of toys and they like the same kind of treats so yes I'd say it was pretty even.
Jackie

twirlbird
12-17-2001, 06:24 AM
I try to get it pretty even, but it is kinda hard when you have 3 different species. They all have these stockings that are the same but have different drawings on them. Mostly for Bayba we give him food cause at 8 that is almost all he likes. Diana mainly likes sausage dog treats and she really likes kongs with stuff in them....And for Chester we usually get him cat toys--he loves them and they are pretty tough to break!

Logan
12-17-2001, 08:38 AM
When I buy for my dogs, I have to get two of everything!!! :p They love the same things, and if I only got one they would be fighting all the time!! :D

aly
12-17-2001, 10:25 AM
My dogs both really like squeaky plush toys. But even though I buy 3 or 4 of the same toys, they always end up wanting the EXACT SAME ONE :eek: Then they chase each other trying to steal it and Reece always gets stomped on because Lolly is not Miss Manners when it comes to playing :rolleyes: Christmas day should be interesting...

jackiesdaisy1935
12-17-2001, 01:04 PM
Aly, we have the exact same thing in our house, I always buy two of the exact same toy, I give them both the same toy at the same time, but they will fight for one of them, Perry usually wins out, and takes it away from Daisy, then she wants it back again. It's like a three ring circus. LOL
Jackie

ShepherdLover
12-17-2001, 05:30 PM
I usually have them share a bag of treats, but sometimes I'll have something for each individual dog.

SimbaTWonderDog
12-17-2001, 08:29 PM
do any of you buy gifts for neighbor dogs? We always make christmas dog snackies and buy them gifts.

Gepansy
12-23-2001, 05:47 PM
We never buy anything for neighbor dogs, but we do watch them for there owners when they go out of town or somethin. :D