PDA

View Full Version : Kitten

Riku
04-09-2003, 11:04 PM
Well, its sort of sad. My friend has this adorable all black kitten that she doesn't really like. This kitten is so sweet, but it follows her around and she says it gets annoying because I don't really think her family knows how to disapline their pets, and she told me some aweful things she's done to it. It's not really like animal cruelty I don't think, but its just aweful. She threw the kitten in the washer, then tk him out and put him in the dryer and ran it. So the poor kitten was tumbling in there. She said she felt bad and took him out, but he followed her again and she put him in the trash can, then she went to the bathroom and she shoved the kitten in the toilet and closed the lid. She also smacked the door in his face a couple of times and kicked it.

But its not like I can do anything because her mom doesn't let me come over there and she can't come over here because of some strange reason she's not telling me or my parents. I really ant to stop her but I mean, not like I can do anything. :( :( :( :(

I just felt like I needed to share this with you all. It's really upsetting because she also laughs at this. :(

Soledad
04-09-2003, 11:21 PM
Report her. That's animal abuse. Find a way to get that animal OUT of that demented girl's hands. And fast!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

NoahsMommy
04-09-2003, 11:26 PM
I don't know where you live, but open a phone book and look up "Humane Society". Give them your friends name and address.....without telling them your name.

By you knowing about it and not doing anything to help that poor, helpless kitten, makes you just as bad.

PLEASE do something!!! Please....

shais_mom
04-09-2003, 11:27 PM
agreed
her parents can be held responsible.
GET HER OUT by calling the authorities.

aly
04-09-2003, 11:27 PM
THAT IS ANIMAL CRUELTY

YOU NEED to tell someone ASAP!!!!!!!!! That is horrendous. The kitten needs to get OUT of there. WHY in the world would you need to discipline a kitten for following you around???? The kitten probably gets no attention and is lonely and bored. Get that kitten OUT of that house any way you can!!!!!!!!

This infuriates me SO BAD!

wolf_Q
04-09-2003, 11:35 PM
How can that NOT be animal cruelty??? :mad:

I'm sorry, but your friend is sick...that's all I can say....they should NOT be allowed to have pets in that house!! :mad:

BastetsMum
04-09-2003, 11:45 PM
That is animal cruelty!

It scares me to think what is she going to do with discaplining her children when she has them!

That poor kitten! It is probably suffering brain damage or something worse!

Call animal protection or the humane society! She does not deserve to be anywhere near an animal!

Ann
04-10-2003, 06:04 AM
HOW THE HELL IS THAT NOT ANIMAL CRUELTY?!?!?!?!

That poor little kitten, following her around, hoping for love and all he/she gets is pain!

DO SOMETHING!!!! You cannot just sit there and let this innocent creature suffer like this! That makes you just as bad as this disgusting friend of yours.

Keep us updated.

HayleyRosie
04-10-2003, 06:18 AM
I agree with everyone. That IS animal cruelty! Please do something to help this little kitten.

moosmom
04-10-2003, 06:43 AM
I think you need to wake up.

It IS animal cruelty! And I also think you need to just TAKE the kitten and either find it a new home, or take it to the Humane Society or some other no-kill shelter so it can be adopted out.

Anyone, I don't care who it is, who sits by and watches what your so-called friend did to that kitten is JUST as responsible. I wouldn't want someone like THAT as a friend. She's a Jeffrey Dahlmer in the making.

She laughs? I think this sicko needs to have the same done to her. Then maybe she won't think it's that funny. If you are anywhere near Michigan, let me know. I'll come get the kitten once I get my car back.

UGH!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-10-2003, 10:04 AM
There's nothing more to be said that others haven't. You absolutely MUST get that kitten out of there. If you feel you can't do anything, or don't feel you can call the Humane Society, go to your parents or a teach or counselor at school. This "friend" definitely has some emotional problems if she puts a kitten in a dryer and turns it on! Then laughs at it!:eek:

This is absolutely animal cruelty and I really believe if you don't do something to get the kitten out of there it will not live very long.

Please if you feel you can't do anything, get adult help. This kitten needs you to intervene immediately!

And once you save the kitten, it might be best if you don't socialize with this "friend" anymore. Anyone who treats an tiny defenseless animal like that doesn't have a lot of respect for life in general and it would probably be best if you stayed away.

And I'm sorry if some of the responses here seem cruel to you, but there is literally a life on the line here, and it's up to you to save that little kitten! Don't wait, do something NOW!!!! before it's too late. :(

kimlovescats
04-10-2003, 10:24 AM
This most certainly IS ANIMAL CRUELTY in the worst sense!!!!
PLEASE do something! That is just plain TORTURE!!!!
Even if you have to write an unsigned letter and send it to the humane society... PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!!

This girl and her parents are sickos!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

This is soo very sad!

:( :( :(

DaisyMcCat
04-10-2003, 10:24 AM
What your friend is doing is not only sick and cruel, it's *against the law*. People can be arrested for this sort of behavior.

Riku, how old are you? Could you tell your parents or a teacher what is going on? This kitten needs a better chance at a life, and it sounds as if your friend needs counseling.

ScantyNebula
04-10-2003, 10:38 AM
She's 14 .. and I really hope this is a 14 year old kid just joking around .. but if she is telling the truth about her friend, then I'd like to tell her to "WAKE UP" and get that kitten the hell out of the hands of her psycho friend. In fact, I wouldn't have that kind of person as a friend, so go ahead and get that poor girl some help or something too.

I don't know if you think this is serious or not ... but it is... VERY.

Denyce
04-10-2003, 11:03 AM
If she is joking then I am extremely ......oh so something I can't even put it into words. And even if it isn't a joke I am just about and annoyed...mad...angry...none of those really work but I don't wish to use the language that is running through my head right now. I am not sure a young kitten like that would survive in a dryer for long or at least without some serious injuries.

I think the police also need to be phoned.

I know in our area the local humane society is a ....well....joke. I tried calling in about a possible neglected dog this last summer. The trailer that he was tied up next to had been pulled out of the site and the dog was still there. The humane society told me that I had to have PROOF that the dog had been abandoned. That it wasn't their job to determine that. So I called the State Police and they assisted me in determining that the dog was ok. *shaking my head*

ScantyNebula
04-10-2003, 12:26 PM
If she doesn't reply I will go ahead an assume it was a prank :o

Tina
04-10-2003, 12:27 PM
I sure hope this is no joke if so this is one very sick joke.

If it is not a joke. You need to get the kitten out of there. That is no life for the poor little thing. My god why in the world would she punish the kitten just for following her. The poor little baby probably just wants some attention.

If this is true what your saying. Please get the kitten out of there soon as possible!!

aguu
04-10-2003, 01:06 PM
OMG.
PLEASE. PLEASE save that poor innocent little kitten before it's too late.
All it wants is love and attention and there are lots of people who will give him that forever.
It's a very well known and documented fact that animal cruelty can escalate to human violence and potentially
homicidal tendencies.
Please take a look at this link:
http://www.petabuse.org/

K & L
04-10-2003, 01:25 PM
I haven't responded because I was afraid of saying something I would regret when I first read this. She put the cat in the dryer? Is this for real? Have you gone to your parents, told them what's going on, and have them help you find the right avenue to take in this situation? Let me know where she lives and I'll report it! This is SICK and makes me sick to think about it.

Barbara
04-10-2003, 03:48 PM
I did not respond all day long because I am convinced it is a very bad joke. There cannot be a 14 year old girl that has doubts about whether a behavior like that is cruel.
:mad:

Riku
04-10-2003, 05:34 PM
This is no joke, and I guess you're all right. I told her that if she did't do something I was going to call the humain society. I'm sorry everyone for trying to deny it. I will do something about this ASAP. I know the girl and her parents are messed in the head...but she has her really nice qualities and I'm VERY, VERY P.O.ed at her. I might not want to be her friend, seeing as I don't find her beneficial to me anymore. I appreciate you helping me decided. And if I s joking I think I would need one of you to run to my house and chop off my head.

I'm going to tell my parents and see what the cn do. Then I'm going to go to my counciler. I love her cat and if I could, I would adopt it myself but I already have 2 dogs and a cat. I'll keep you updated on what happens after I take these actions.

moosmom
04-10-2003, 05:37 PM
Barbara,

I wonder if this Riku kid is just another "troll" who searches websites and posts stuff just to stir up dirt. I certainly hope so. It makes me sick to think an innocent animal is begging for love and affection only to be punished. I have a feeling it IS a joke. I have never heard of an animal that was put into a dryer that survived.

I'll pray for the little kitten.

Riku
04-10-2003, 05:41 PM
I'm not, why would I want to disturb the peace of a forum community? I feel really aweful and guilty for trying to see with eyes clouded....

I'm super sorry and me and Robyn (HorseLover) are going to the counciler. IM SO SORRY, please forgive the Dragon who tried to see with clouded eyes.

HoRsELUvR
04-10-2003, 05:41 PM
Riku is telling the truth.if I had known about this before,i would have reported the girl right away.I hope the poor cat gets adopted by a nice family.

ScantyNebula
04-10-2003, 05:50 PM
save the poor thing. its a shame :(

Riku
04-10-2003, 05:54 PM
My mom is calling the humain society as we speak.

ScantyNebula
04-10-2003, 06:03 PM
Good for you :) I'm glad you are doing something about it

moosmom
04-10-2003, 08:06 PM
Riku,

I understand wanting to give this girl the benefit of the doubt. That's normal. But in this case, a poor innocent kitten's life is at stake.

Good luck. I hope everything works out for the benefit of the kitten and that idiotic kid gets the help she so DESPERATELY needs!

carole
04-10-2003, 08:31 PM
Riku i was sickened by what i read, how could u say its not like animal cruelty, how could u even doubt it for one second, i hate to think what u consider is animal cruelty then, and at 14 u should know, but i am glad u have been responsible in this situation and done something at last, next time act sooner u could have saved that poor little kitten that pain and suffering if u had.
I do hope u have learned something from this situation, and that poor kitten gets the love and attention it deserves and needs.
What a sick girl and her family, they need help desperately. They make me so angry, i would like to c how they would like being put in a damn drier and have it turned on.:( :( :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :

Denyce
04-10-2003, 08:38 PM
I still say the police should be involved. It is criminal. There are laws on the books about this.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Karen
04-10-2003, 09:17 PM
Calm down folks. She said her mom is calling the Humane Society right now. Hopefully she can get the kitten out of that home, and that family can be fined or jailed or something.

Riku, where do you live? A friend of mine was asking about any kittens that need rescuing just today ... she saw Aly's new foster kitten and fell in love. And I know someone else who might take it, too. If you could kitten-nap her, even if you cannot keep her, surely we could find someone who could at least foster her for now.

Riku
04-10-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by carole
Riku i was sickened by what i read, how could u say its not like animal cruelty, how could u even doubt it for one second, i hate to think what u consider is animal cruelty then, and at 14 u should know

What I consider animal cruelty? Please do not take me as some cruel heartless person. How was I to know if she was pulling my leg? And also this didn't happen that long ago. But what do you mean, I'm sorry if I was in a state of shock and not thinking straight, but everyone helped me through it. So now you wouldn't be thinking bad of me.

Fine then, I'm sorry for anything that I could have done, goodbye.

BastetsMum
04-10-2003, 10:13 PM
I understand Riku, the state of shock to be told something like that then wondering whether it is true or not. For me personally, I have learnt after many years that abuse is abuse. If she told you that just to get a reaction then she is sick. If she did it because she didn't like the kitten she is sick. Either way it is abuse of you, your friendship and the kitten involved.

It takes us all that haven't had an expereince like that to go through the logical process in our minds.

I don't think anyone meant to upset you in any way but us oldies *laughs* have learnt from expereince not to take things at face value on the internet. So I apolgise personally for at least myself and Bastet if you thought we didn't beleive your story.

krazyaboutkatz
04-11-2003, 12:15 AM
I sure hope that this poor little innocent kitten can be saved. :( Please keep us updated Riku.

Barbara
04-11-2003, 02:48 AM
I agree with everyone that abuse is abuse and that in this case the kitten must be saved out of that house the sooner the better.

jenluckenbach
04-11-2003, 04:59 AM
Riku, my first instinct was to repeat the comment

HOW THE HELL IS THAT NOT ANIMAL CRUELTY?!?!?!?!
but I calmed down and realized that it is harder for some people to make the commitment to get involved. Trust the majority of people and realize that you will actually be HELPING the girl with the kitten by helping her to realize what she is doing is SO VERY wrong. If she can do this to an animal, especially a baby animal, imagine what she can do later in life. :(
Sometimes the right thing to do is thr hard thing to do.

catlady1945
04-11-2003, 06:47 AM
Phone your local animal protection agency and explain the situation. Some people!

AND on the other hand, I was just reading an article in the paper today about a student who had found a cat injured by a car. She took it to a local vet clinic and then went around the area trying to find the cat's family. She was told that the cat was a stray who had previously been hit by a car. SO the vet clinic performed the surgery for nothing (about $2000 worth) and the cat's prognosis is good. One of the clinic employees wants to adopt him. I am going to phone the clinic and see if I can send them a donation. So some good news anyway:)

moosmom
04-11-2003, 07:30 AM
BastetsMum's says:

us oldies

US oldies :confused: :confused:

I may be 50, but I'm certainly not old ;) (tell my bones that every morning :p)

AGE IS A STATE OF MIND. And of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most :D.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-11-2003, 11:14 AM
Riku, I'm so glad you decided to get someone to help you with this, and I'm most happy that you took the initiative to post about it here, asking for help. Some of us may have been a little cruel, but as you know, and as has been mentioned here, things need to be double guessed on the internet, so please try and understand that these people were only trying to help the poor kitten.

Like I said, I'm so glad you've gotten adults and other friends involved. Hopefully something will be done soon, and this little kitten will be rescued. Please let us know how it all turns out. :)

kimlovescats
04-11-2003, 12:03 PM
This whole situation is heartbreaking all the way around. The kitten of course, is in serious jeopardy and that in itself is too much to even comprehend. However, we are dealing with a young girl (teen) here who is feeling cornered by alot of adults. I was a bit harsh too, and I am sorry Riku ... it's just our first reactions to what you told us, and the pictures we had in our minds of what this kitten has gone through. This situation, in my opinion (for what it's worth..haha) is exactly why I feel there should be an age minimum for posting on Pet Talk. Maybe someday there could be a special section for Teen Pet Talkers or something???? Just an idea.... but that way we wouldn't have these clashes of mentality and emotion.

Just my 2 cents! ;)

moosmom
04-11-2003, 12:42 PM
Kim,

a special section for Teen Pet Talkers

Great idea! I know how difficult it can be to "communicate" with people younger than we are and vice versa. This way teens can vent, chat, talk about all sorts of stuff that teens do. Great way to meet other teen pet talkers.

How about it Karen? Sound like a good idea?

Lando
04-11-2003, 01:52 PM
I am sorry Riku, people are being so judemental these days. What you are doing is the right thing by calling her or reporting her to the humane society. I feel so bad for the kitten, I hope it gets a good home.

Kim that is a good idea!! Please consider it Karen!!

Karen
04-11-2003, 01:56 PM
Riku, any follow-up on the kitten? I was serious about finding it a new home, but am not sure where you live or if you're nearby ...

tikeyas_mom
04-11-2003, 01:58 PM
this animal cruilty, How would she like to be shuved into a washer and ryer. You should call the local aspca or spca asap. ok ..

Shaolin
04-11-2003, 02:54 PM
That is an incredibly sad thing to read. That family needs to be dealt with. Community service at a humane society or something. Makes me sick.

HoRsELUvR
04-11-2003, 08:22 PM
Riku and i went to the counselor today,so the counselor should get back to us.The Humane Society said they needed the girl's exact address which she didnt have so she probably will look it up.Please understand that she is a caring person and thank you everyone who understood that she was shocked and not sure what to do.I know its hard to understand but we're doing what we can to hhelp the kitten.from what i hear the girl should be glad to give it up.

Riku
04-11-2003, 08:30 PM
Well, we have her street, now we need the house number, my mom's going to do that tomorrow by calling the operator. She was scared for the kitten but not surprised in the least.

Karen
04-11-2003, 09:11 PM
Do keep us posted! Good luck. If you know her last name, you could try http://Switchboard.com to find her exact address ...

carole
04-11-2003, 09:20 PM
Riku i send you my sincere apologies, i was too harsh, but i was just hopping mad at the situation, i should have tried to put myself in your shoes at your age, and i guess it was confusing for you, i am just glad that something is being done to rescue the poor little thing, lets hope for a happy ending, and again i did not mean to upset you, i am glad you have made the right choices by involving other adults, put it all down to experience riku, not a good one i know, and not to be repeated hopefully.
When it comes to animal or any kind of cruelty i just see RED and my emotions get a way with me, so sorry about that.

carole
04-11-2003, 09:25 PM
You know Jen the trouble with this world today, is people just dont want to get involved, and thats why we have so many sad cases of child abuse and animal cruelty happening, i was wrong to come down so hard on riku i should have thought before i spoke considering her young age, and do apologize to her and anyone else i may have offended, my emotions got the better of me.
I would not hesitate to intervene in any situation of abuse myself, even if it involved my own family

PayItForward
04-12-2003, 03:55 AM
Riku....

Please do you know if the kitten is out of that house yet ?

I'll be much happy when I know that poor kitten is in caring hands.

Please let us know as soon as you know.

Thankyou

bluekat
04-12-2003, 09:28 AM
Riku,
Do you know if the kitten is out of that house yet? I hope so, I feel so sorry for the poor kitty.
The kitty deserves a new loving home. I'm sure your friend would love to give her away, by how she was treating the kitty.
Please keep us updated!

catmandu
04-12-2003, 09:34 AM
You must do something as eventually she will either kill the kitten , or have it grow up terrified of people! I have rescued a Cat , Bj where the children were bouncing building blocks off his head!He is OK now , but he runs if children come to the door! Do something before she kills him , or you will feel guilt , the rest of your life!

Ann
04-12-2003, 10:47 AM
I'm glad to hear you are actually doing something. Please give us some updates ASAP.

veegan
04-13-2003, 01:33 AM
yeah, good on ya for posting here for help! and Im very glad to hear you took action!! And yes as others have said, please do post when you find out what the humane society, etc says!

Ann
04-15-2003, 04:34 PM
Could you please update us on the kitty?

carole
04-15-2003, 04:53 PM
yes ann i am worried too about what has happenend to this poor wee kitten, hope we hear something soon

bluekat
04-15-2003, 06:12 PM
I'm waiting to hear updates like everyone else- please tell us where the kitten is now.

Ann
04-16-2003, 05:14 PM
Since the original posted still hasn't responded I will be emailing her now... I'll post when/if I get a response.

Ann
04-18-2003, 05:14 PM
I emailed her and asked her to give us an update, and this is what she responded with:

"Yes sure, but we haven't heard anything...I'll tell you when I know."

...I've emailed her again, asking for a more thorough explanation than the above. Will let you know what she says...

PayItForward
04-18-2003, 06:50 PM
Thanks Ann, Please keep us posted.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-18-2003, 07:36 PM
I HATE people like that. No offense to your friend, but that is serious animal cruelty. THATS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! Report her!

marysmerrycats
05-20-2003, 09:51 PM
this is very bothersome... and without even reading on to page 2 and past that, I find it strange that a cat that just had that done to it would be able to follow anyone, it would be sitting there, hurt or at least dizzy... so is this a sick prank? someone has too much unsupervised time on their hands?
if it is not a prank, then do something, you know it is wrong!

Karen
05-21-2003, 07:32 AM
If you had kept reading, you would see that she DID do something, contacted people to help, etc. I will email her today to see if she knows anything further.

carole
05-21-2003, 06:05 PM
Yes Karen i made this quite clear, i knew riki had indeed taken action , but we never ever found out for sure if the kitten was taken away, and i read all the threads on this, as it bothered me a lot, be glad to hear a response from you , as i and many others just dont want to put it to rest because we have not heard anything, we are naturally still concerned.

marysmerrycats
05-22-2003, 09:18 PM
I didnt know I had to read all the posts before I could post a reply, Karen. I DID read on, but I wanted to post that first, and I had also already emailed her asking so I do care. sheesh tar and feather me for a post ! some people are so anxious to criticize
and carole , I read the posts as I want to .

carole
05-22-2003, 09:23 PM
Mary Mary, i wasnt making any comments referring to you at all, read my thread, i was replying to karen and saying whether we had read all the threads or not simply doesnt matter, we just wanted to know the real outcome.

marysmerrycats
05-22-2003, 11:07 PM
thanks Carole, I misunderstood YOUR post.
I don't think it's right to criticize people like that do you?