PDA

View Full Version : lottery

marysmerrycats
04-09-2003, 07:46 PM
what would you do if you won a million $ in the lottery? of course I would give to chariteis, but I would SHOP!!! and TRAVEL!!

well those are pretty common answers... what else would you do?

jenluckenbach
04-09-2003, 07:49 PM
Jen's cat shelter!

aly
04-09-2003, 08:09 PM
I'd definately start my own shelter and animal education programs. I wouldn't really want to travel because I like to stay home with my furkids :) I'd love to buy a modest house in the country with a lot of land and have an animal sanctuary in my backyard :)

Logan
04-09-2003, 08:09 PM
College Education for all three children, pay off the mortgage (pay off everything, to be honest), give a portion to the church, a portion to some of my favorite rescue groups and save the rest, but I would definitely take my honeymoon to Hawaii that I am waiting for!!! :)

weiner_teddy
04-09-2003, 08:51 PM
Hmmm...I would donate some to my city for a new animal shelter, buy a game horse, and travel!:D

gini
04-09-2003, 10:40 PM
Gosh, California has such big lottery pots sometimes, that I have thought about what I would do.

The very first thing I would try to do is - KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT!!

The second thing I would want to do is find ways to help out all of my nieces and nephews. College funds for the little ones would be important to me.

I think when it comes to rescue groups and human charities that you have to be really careful - so I would try to do some research before just giving away money.

Finally I would love to set up some anonymous scholarships. Education for all of our children is the answer...........and so many will miss out on a college education.

What's funny is every time I think about it - I never have a list of things that "I" want.........but a week or so at ocean's edge would be right up there in my top priority.

Crikit
04-09-2003, 11:33 PM
Hmmm well depending on how much it was I would by a house with a big yard for me and the dogs. Oh and I would so buy myself a convertiable beetle, and the dogs a SUV with me as their personal driver :D Send my folks on a nice vacation, give some money to my sisters and niece. By something really really nice for my Aunt who spoiled me when I was little. oh and I would give some to the local shelter or ARF, to help some animals out.

Now if it was a lot of money, like multi-millions I would probably buy some land and build a barn for myself and friends to practice agility in...and to use for trials. It'd be an agility barn...with a couple of fields attached to it of course for outdoor stuff, and buy all the equipment to go with it.

Other then that, I'd just have fun with it, save a bunch, go shopping. Stuff like that.

Barbara
04-10-2003, 08:22 AM
A house in the countryside and a big fenced in garden for the cats. And then I would travel. Unfortunately now there isn't so much money left that I could quit my job :(

wolfsoul
04-10-2003, 09:57 AM
I would buy my own shelter that sells pet supplies as well :D I wuld also buy my dogs, and my rats, and my birds and my....heh..:rolleyes: This could go on forever....Oooh and I would donate to all the other shelters and places that help animals :D

luckies4me
04-10-2003, 11:32 AM
First I would buy a big house just outside the city limits and get two white Clydesdale horses. :D I would buy about 200 acres and turn that into my shelter for exotic pets. I would hire staff, my own veterinarian and have a state of the art clinic there. I would pay off the rest of my tuition for school.

I would send Dan to college if he wants to go back, pay for Dylans college when he gets old enough to go, pay for my younger brother and sisters as well. I would buy my mother a big new house. I would move my Dad in with me sooner, and hire nurses to care for him throughout the day and try to find him a secretarial job or something like that once I help him with his resume. I would pay for all of his medications and buy him tons of food so he can put his chef skills to work again. ;) He makes awesome chocolate mouse cake! :D

I would make Dylan a library!!! He would have all the best childrens books from all over the world. He has around 100 books now so room is running out lol. He loves books and we love to read together. :D

I would take homeless peoples pets to the veterinarian to make sure they are healthy etc. One of my dreams is to build a homeless shelter for people but one that lets them bring their animals. Those animals a lot of times are the only thing they have to live for. There would be a cattery and a doggie inn. I would make sure all human babies recieved medical attention for vaccines etc.

I would put tons of money into baby charities!

I would have a huge rattery for my babies. :D They would have air conditioning and a huge eneclosure that had rocks and trees and all that good stuff. I would try to develope a vaccine against Myco, SDA and Sendai.

I would travel to Costa Rica...have always wanted to go there and Germany too!

And yes I would shop shop shop! I would buy tons of makeup and clothes and shoes to last a lifetime lol. I would buy a Harley, a brand new Kia Sportage and a 57 Chevy! hehe I would buy a lot of things. :p

Dakota's Mommy
04-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Pay off bills, pay of some of my families bills, give to charities (probably pet oriented charities), and save some too! Gotta save some for the future, that's just the way I am. Like I said though, first is the bills and probably new cars (1 for each of us) so that I knew those would last a while!

Desert Arabian
04-10-2003, 03:32 PM
I would purchase tons of acres of land, and run a dog rescue and rat rescue organization. I would donate some of the money to the ASPCA and local humane society. I would buy a great dane, labrador, and a boxer (my 3 fav. breeds). I am sure there are lots of other things I would do, but I'm never gunna win the lottery, so why even worry about it. hehe.

P.S. There is no such thing as a pure white Clydesdale. White is only seen for markings, or if it is a paint color. ;)

NoahsMommy
04-10-2003, 04:15 PM
First, our bills would be gone.....I hate bills and the stress that comes with them.

I would first give some to charities that are near and dear to my heart. And of course, some to God.

I would like to have a new home with a nice yard so I could set up a fostering program. I'd be in school full time and would most definitely quit my job. I think I'd spend most of my time volunteering.

David would want to go to culinary school and quit his job as well...even though he says we should let it sit in a bank for a year and live off the interest.... ;)

I know we would travel, I want to see the world and learn about cultures different from mine.

The only people that I would help financially would be David's parents and my grandmother. Everyone else in our lives (family-wise) seem to be obsessed with money and are self absorbed.

OK....now I want to go get a lottery ticket!! :D

bluekat
04-10-2003, 04:25 PM
There is a lottery here I think that is 30 million dollars! If I won that........... there's just too many things to do with it. If I won the lottery, I would buy lots of cats&dogs, donate some to animal shelters, buy a big house(I want a castle:D), travel around the world, and shop, shop, shop! All the things you could get with money......;)

HoRsELUvR
04-10-2003, 05:28 PM
I would donate to a horse charity that is near me.And of course id use it for other things too.

Rottieluver45
04-10-2003, 06:00 PM
I ewould probably get an African grey parrot buy it a huge cage and then but Thelmer a HUGE cage!! I`d spend the rest of it shopping or give some to the shelter so the doggies who have somewhere good to stay!

iceyshiver21
04-10-2003, 07:29 PM
Can you say shopping spree at Petco??

I would donate some too.

luckies4me
04-11-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover

P.S. There is no such thing as a pure white Clydesdale. White is only seen for markings, or if it is a paint color. ;)

A friend of mine in Nevada has white Clydesdale horses. They are all white with blue eyes. Now this is what they breed for according to her dad, but I haven't seen them, so I guess they could be lying about it lol. I don't think it isn't possible, just rare. But you know more than me. Even so, I would still want one lol!

Desert Arabian
04-11-2003, 03:31 PM
I'd want a draft horse too, except I'd get a Shire. :D

Kfamr
04-11-2003, 04:50 PM
Adopt a bunch of dogs.

luckies4me
04-11-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
I'd want a draft horse too, except I'd get a Shire. :D

I don't know much about horses but I do know that I am so in love with them. I cry just watching movies about them. The cartoon "Spirit" makes me cry so bad lol. I am a big baby when it comes to horses...I don't know what it is but I connect with them more than any other animal. Their just awesome!

I love all draft horses just because they are HUGE! I once sold some baby ratties to this lady and she had a minature horse and a Belgium Draft Horse. He was a rescue and she nursed him back to health. The horse actually belonged to the ladies friend, but the lady abondoned the horse and also stole her horse trailors too!:eek:

Anyways this lady had everything! Ducks, four horned sheep, an alligator, rabbits, chickens, goats! :eek: The alligator lived in a trailor she converted for him. I can only assume she fed the chickens and rabbits to the gator, which is pretty sad. :(

Cincy'sMom
04-11-2003, 07:23 PM
After paying off bills, helping out family..I would love to start a "Doggie Mall" it would have all the dog/pet related things you canthink of...a Dog Park, Rescue group, doggy daycare, pet store, animal related goods for humans (cloths and such), vet's office ( that would offer low cost helath care, and esp. for spaying and neutering), an art gallery for animal art, etc,etc, etc

( Do I dream big or what?)

Jessica12345
04-11-2003, 08:15 PM
I would build I giant aivery and have a bird rescue org. that would be sooooooooooo much fun!:D lol

smokey the elder
04-13-2003, 10:04 AM
First I'd hire a lawyer and a financial planner.:D

Then I'd get an unlisted phone number.:p

Then I'd take care of some personal and family stuff.

I would try to enroll in vet school (if they'd take a 40-something PhD...)

If I became a vet I would have a general practice and also study Feline Oncology.

Failing that I'd buy a parcel of land and have a Best Friends Eastern equivalent. I'd like to specialize in special needs cats (FIV, FLV, etc.)

Cisco's Mom
04-13-2003, 11:43 AM
I would buy alot of land were I could keep all kinds of rescued animals!:D