PDA

View Full Version : New Camera

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-09-2003, 05:42 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Boss has been in all the time again and I can read while he's here, but I can't reply. Hopefully I'll be catching up soon. But in the meantime....

...I got a new digital camera! Whoo hoo! It's a Canon S400 4megapixel, and can take up to 3 minutes worth of video! Now all I have to do is figure out how to get the video to Imagestation. ;)

Here are two pics I took with it.
Tubby Close Up
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/p99a277d8826f6c6b6db596cea5ab4d1c/fc5d58b3.jpg

Peanut Close Up
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/pae968f673f3f7244a29e7edc42e37a12/fc5d6315.jpg

I hope it's ok to post this. Since I got a new digi cam, and I know other PT'ers were thinking about getting a digital camera, I thought I'd offer my old one for sale. There is a post in Marketplace with details on it. Thanks and be looking for some great videos....as soon as I figure it all out! ;) :)

PS - Paul & Karen, if you'd rather I didn't post the for sale part of this, that's ok. I'll take it out. I wasn't sure if this kind of thing was acceptable here or not.

aly
04-09-2003, 05:54 PM
Awww, what cuties. I hope you can catch up to PT soon and keep posting new pictures of your precious babies :)

Jessica12345
04-09-2003, 06:11 PM
ohh! soooo cute!

I just figured out how to make vidios on my digital yesterday... but i havnt figured out how to upload them yet either:rolleyes:

;) keep those beautiful and gorgeous pics coming! ;)

NoahsMommy
04-09-2003, 06:12 PM
I love those pictures!! We HAVE to get a new camera, ours is old and horrible. I want to take clear pictures, like yours. :) Do you mind saying how much you paid for your new one?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-09-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Do you mind saying how much you paid for your new one?

I got it at Best Buy. Went there to return something, but instead ended up buying a new camera. ;) :rolleyes:

It lists at $499.99. I wasn't going to buy it then, wanted to do some more research, so the salesman said they had 18 month financing. This almost did it, but I was still going to walk away until he said he would check with his manager to see if they could do anything on the price. They too 10% off!!!:eek: :eek: So for about $450.00 and 18 month financing - I took it! :D

I've never had them offer this 10% thing, especially on a camera that is so new that they can't keep it in stock, so don't be surprised if your salesperson doesn't do it. I might have just gotten lucky - for once. :)

But just about everyplace I looked it was $499.99 - Best Buy, Amazon.com, buy.com, etc... There were a few places online offering for less, but I had never heard of them so I would be leary about giving them my credit card number, email address, etc.

I really like it because it's small too. One of the smallest 4MP's out there. :D

AmberLee
04-09-2003, 10:05 PM
Wow! Those shots look great, and it sounds like you got a great deal, too!

boscibo
04-09-2003, 11:27 PM
Congrats on the new camera!

I upload my video files the same as any other file, the only difference is people will have to click on a link rather than see it automatically.

One thing to remember is watch the size of video, I have Win XP and run it through Windows Movie Maker to reduce the size from an average 2-3 MBs per clip to under 1 MB - that way people on dial -up can download them too, and you won't use up all your webspace so fast.

koxka
04-10-2003, 01:39 AM
Great! It means we are going to see more great pics of your furries? And even videos?!:)
Ahhh! I wanna kiss Tubby nose! Peanut as beautiful as ever ! :p

TP do your new camera have a Sepia option? ;) Mine has but it's a Sony F-707-
Digital cameras are such much fun!
CONGRATS!

Former User
04-10-2003, 02:39 AM
Congrats for having a new camera! Great pics!!
Debbie, if you can't figure how to put the movie at imagestation, you can always email it to me, I don't mind loaning a bit of our webspace for you :) We all want to see Tubby and Peanut movie

Miss Meow
04-10-2003, 05:46 AM
Oh wow, a new gadget! Look out Tubby and Peanut, meomie is gonna be chasing you around with it!!! Hope you like the Canon, we've had a different model Canon for 12 months and just love it :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-10-2003, 11:39 AM
Thanks everybody. :) And you're right T & P are getting sick of being followed around. I'm learning the best way to take videos, not I just have to learn how to get them on the computer.

In the meantime, Niina, I will be taking you up on your offer. I took a cute video this morning of Peanut drinking - she's such a goof! :rolleyes: ;) :D I'm getting it on the computer as we speak, so when I have it I will email it to you so you can post.

Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to work on all this and get it figured out soon.

Thanks Niina!! Look for an email from me soon. :D

Koxka, yes, it has a sepia option right on the camera! I couldn't believe that when I saw it. How much easier could it be? :D

And Boscibo, thanks for the hints on downsizing the videos. I've played around with Movie Maker a little, so I'll have to check it out a little more extensively.

Thanks for all the hints and help everyone. Should have some great pics and video coming soon! :D

Former User
04-10-2003, 12:19 PM
Do you have my email address?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-10-2003, 12:48 PM
No, I was just looking on the Cat's Palace page for one, but there doesn't seem to be one. Can you PM me with it? Thanks! :D