PDA

View Full Version : Do you cherish anything in particular?

primabella
04-09-2003, 03:29 PM
Do you have something that means SO much to you? (not counting animals or children) I have this little puppy puppet named Poochie. He is my favorite! I got him when I was about 3 when my family and I were vacationing in New jersey (Wildwood). I kept begging and begging for him at the store until my dad gave in. He was the last of his kind. I have kept him all this time and will never give him up. Never.

He's too cute too. He's got this biggish head with big floppy ears and a patch over his eye. I just love him! I know it's crazy for a 16 year old to just love her puppet but I have had him all my life and he is a bit of my childhood that will never change.

Anyway, do you guys have anything that just means so much to you? :)

Aspen and Misty
04-09-2003, 03:52 PM
Chewy's Hedgehog, it is just sooo cute! And means alot to me because its his. I sleep with it every night but then during the day it gets put up so nothing happens to it. I will cherish it forever :D .

Ash

neko1
04-09-2003, 03:56 PM
I have a cat blanket that I love. If I'm going to be sleeping somewhere other than my house, I always bring it along. Although I may have to leave it at home when we go on our honeymoon:o (no need for a huge thick blanket in st. lucia)(plus i would have no luggage space...)

Desert Arabian
04-09-2003, 04:11 PM
I cherish my rats! Does that count, lol?! If not...then I cherish our cottage, lol, that sounds funny!! :p :p :p

~I had a horrible nightmare once that the house caught on fire, and I tried to rescue the ratties, and I couldn't find some of them...so I had to leave them, and they died (obviously). Oh yes, that nightmare was really bad!

~I cherish our cottage because it used to belong to my grandparents (dad's side), when they passed away we inherited it. I love that place so much, it is paradise for me. It is the best stress- releaver on Earth.

iceyshiver21
04-09-2003, 04:17 PM
Techihhila's collar, I loved it before I bought it and I love it now, plus I love this chair that I used to playin as a kid....I asked my grandma about it and she gave it to me for my birthday this year :D:D:D:D
OH OH OH OH OH OH!!
AND CAMI!!
My grandma also have my fav. stuffed animal named Cami. He' this old raggady cammel. Erma said I cant have him till I get married. :(

luckies4me
04-09-2003, 04:21 PM
I cherish our house. Dans grandfather built it himself so it's been in the family for a long time. Dans grandfather passed away just a week before I gave birth to Dylan so he didn't get to meet his great grandchild. When he died he left the house to Dan. Dans dad lives in it now...we used to live there but got an apartment. Weren't not about to kick his dad out because he's been living there for quite some time and the house is too small for our family and pets. So Dans dad is going to turn the garage into an apartment and he will go to live there and we will rent out the house. It's in the process of being redone. The outside is getting new siding and we should pain it this summer when we will also be building a deck outside! :D We're going to put a hottub in so that will be great! The people who rent from us will have their own entrance and backyard as well so they can have more privacy.

But that means a lot to me and I sure a lot to Dan. We want to keep it in the family. I didn't know Dans grandfather that well but I was there to help him through for his last few days, so it's of great importance.

Another thing cherish are my pictures take of family, friends and pets. I take pictures of everything, Dylans doctors appointments, the animals, our vacations. Flies lol...sorry just had to throw that in because Dan tried to take a picture of a fly yesterday lol. :rolleyes:

One of Dylans favorite things is his giraffe and bear. He has had them since before he was born and sleeps with them at night. He takes them everywhere and even makes me give them a goodnight kiss lol. :p

NoahsMommy
04-09-2003, 04:35 PM
The two things I most cherish are my teddy bear (Snowball) and a necklace that was made with my grandmothers diamonds.

Snowball was given to me by my dad's mom and dad. He has been through everything with me family-wise. It seems that when I got him, our family kind of broke up, but he was the one thing that was always there for me. Just to talk to, cry with and cuddle. I know that sounds totally sad, but to me, he was wonderful. He sits next to my side of the bed. When I'm sick, he takes Basie's place under my arm. ;)

I only wear my grandmother's (mom's mom) necklace from October-January, the holiday months. Holidays were so big with my grandmother and I always really miss her then. Having that necklace close to my heart is a nice reminder of her and who she was to me.

moosmom
04-09-2003, 08:32 PM
The thing I cherish the most is my grandmother's engagement ring, which was given to me when my aunt passed away last June. I had it repaired (my aunt wore it 24/7 and it had soap scum on it and the stones were loose). I was amazed at how beautiful it really was once it was it was fixed.

It is the only thing I have of my grandmothers.

Andie
04-09-2003, 08:34 PM
I have two things - one is really weird and one isn't.

Ok weird thing first. I have and old pair of BDU pants that Dustin got from JROTC that I don't think I could live without. Weird I know but I love these pants. They are just so comfy, I usually sleep in them (amazingly all the pockets don't bother me - can't even feel 'em)

The second thing is my journal. My best friend Jasmine gave it too me in high school for my birthday and it's pretty much the only thing I have left of our friendship. I write poems, sayings, and such in it. It's almost full now.

wolf_Q
04-09-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by primabella
Do you have something that means SO much to you? (not counting animals or children) I have this little puppy puppet named Poochie. He is my favorite! I got him when I was about 3 when my family and I were vacationing in New jersey (Wildwood). I kept begging and begging for him at the store until my dad gave in. He was the last of his kind. I have kept him all this time and will never give him up. Never.

He's too cute too. He's got this biggish head with big floppy ears and a patch over his eye. I just love him! I know it's crazy for a 16 year old to just love her puppet but I have had him all my life and he is a bit of my childhood that will never change.

Anyway, do you guys have anything that just means so much to you? :)

Do you happen to have a pic of that? I had a puppet (it's probably around here somewhere) when I was a kid that I just loved, and it sounds a lot like yours.

I have a small stuffed black poodle that I remember I just begged for and finally got it for christmas. It's name is Smokey Jr. LOL.

I'll have to think about it for a while as I'm sure there's many items like that. Especially things that others have given to me. Oh, and of course, my photos (I have 100's, not including digital) are all very special to me. :)

*LabLoverKEB*
04-09-2003, 10:56 PM
Well, I know this is going to sound stupid, but I cherish my dance shoes. I love to dance. It is just something that I love to do!

Another thing that I cherish is my stuffed animals, and my blanket!:) ;) And, of course, Sadie, and my family!

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-09-2003, 11:35 PM
pictures! I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have pictures to look back on memories.

my family... espically my mom. My mom is the greatest! I love her sooooo much!!!

my Bible... I wouldn't know how to live without one.

:)

Former User
04-10-2003, 02:36 AM
I cherish my husband, he is the best that ever happened to me. And of course I also cherish our cats, those little rascals have brought so much to our lives. I also cherish my friends, I have good friends that have been my friends forever and really know me. And like Sara, I also cherish pictures, they are a really nice memories, I love taking and looking pictures.

primabella
04-10-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Do you happen to have a pic of that? I had a puppet (it's probably around here somewhere) when I was a kid that I just loved, and it sounds a lot like yours.

I have a small stuffed black poodle that I remember I just begged for and finally got it for christmas. It's name is Smokey Jr. LOL.

I'll have to think about it for a while as I'm sure there's many items like that. Especially things that others have given to me. Oh, and of course, my photos (I have 100's, not including digital) are all very special to me. :)

I know we have taken some pictures of us with all our puppets. I'll try and find them. Did your puppet have a blue shirt on? (not really a shirt but his arms and top stomach are colored blue)

Thanks for the replies all :D

wolf_Q
04-10-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by primabella
I know we have taken some pictures of us with all our puppets. I'll try and find them. Did your puppet have a blue shirt on? (not really a shirt but his arms and top stomach are colored blue)

Thanks for the replies all :D

Aw nope...he's white with black ears and I think a black patch over his eyes, I think he came with a red bandana too, but no blue shirt. His name was Ralph. lol :D

Karen
04-10-2003, 05:34 PM
I spoke with my aunt this week. Her husband, my Uncle, (my mother's brother) is dying of cancer, just shutting down slowly and quietly. They have been married for more than 40 years.

Cherish a "thing?"

No, her answer is cherish every minute you have with those you love.

Go, right now, and tell them you love them. Even if you *think* they know. Say it again.

mugsy
04-10-2003, 05:37 PM
My family, both 2 legged and 4 legged.

primabella
04-10-2003, 08:12 PM
Of course I cherish my family and friends but I meant materialistic things. I'm sorry about your uncle, that's so sad and scary. :( I agree though. Let people know they are loved...

carole
04-10-2003, 08:53 PM
I cherish a wood planter my adopted uncle made for me, its at the bottom of the stairs, i always think of him when i c it, he died of lung cancer about 15 yrs ago now but he is still forever in my heart.

moosmom
04-11-2003, 12:55 PM
Karen,

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle.

cherish every minute you have with those you love.

Go, right now, and tell them you love them. Even if you *think* they know. Say it again.

You're absolutely right. Everytime I talk to a member of my family, I ALWAYS tell them I love them before I hang up. I never had the chance to say good-bye to my Mom or Dad before they died and I regret it. :(

Heather Wallace
04-11-2003, 01:47 PM
MY SANITY!

Although, I don't seem to have mch of it these days.:p

Cookiebaker
04-12-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Karen
I spoke with my aunt this week. Her husband, my Uncle, (my mother's brother) is dying of cancer, just shutting down slowly and quietly. They have been married for more than 40 years.

Cherish a "thing?"

No, her answer is cherish every minute you have with those you love.

Karen, your perspective is right on. Life is way too short!!!!

We have a friend, and last December he was diagnosed with liver cancer and given 3 weeks to live. It has now been 4 months, and they just pronounced him cancer free. They don't know what sparked this miracle, but surely this has given all of us a new perspective on what is important in life. You don't realize how good you have it until you almost lose it.

So in answer to your question, Primabella, I cherish everyday...I cherish my freedom & peace...good health...and family and friends.

joycenalex
04-12-2003, 07:04 PM
when i was around 11, there was a flood in our house, lots of the things from my childhood were lost, papers, pictures, clothes. in talking with my mother, i once asked her what she valued the most from then and she said w/o a seconds hesitation, the pan that i warmed my babies bottles in, it holds such memories. i can remember the smell of my grandmothers' house on sunday dinner(turkey and cauliflower and mashed potatoes) the hostas dancing under the stream of water from the hose, feeling so secure when my father carried me in from the car when i was little and sleepy, curling around my sister when the winter wind would hit the bedroom window, seeing my parents clearly for the first time when i got my glasses, throwing my arms around my mom after my first communion and saying loudly for all to hear, it tastes like cardboard, watching my little brother stand up to a bully. and the feeling of the key in my hand as i unlocked the door of my house with my two dogs standing on the porch with me for the first time last year. all those memories and the thousands more that make up my past, those things i cherish.

RubyMutt
04-12-2003, 09:00 PM
My mom, sister, and I are avid scrapbookers. I would DIE if anything happened to my scrapbooks!! They hold so many memories!