PDA

View Full Version : Mandy fell in the toilet!

HayleyRosie
04-09-2003, 10:44 AM
There is a rule in our house that states that the toilet seat MUST be down at all times. (Well not when you are using it. LOL) Last night someone left not only the lid up but the seat as well(Indicating a man). The door was just open a little. Just enough for little Mandy to slide in. My husband was in the kitchen reading the newspaper and I was in our bedroom watching TV. I heard water splashing and thought my husband was doing something in the kitchen sink untill I saw my husband run down the hall and into the bathroom. "One of the cats fell in!" he shouted. I ran to the bathroom and there was no cat but water all over the floor and little wet paw prints leaving the bathroom. I followed the prints and found Mandy, all wet, sat on the top step leading down to our front door. I got a towel and picked her up. She had a quick wash in the sink. ( I don't like the thought of her being covered in water from the toilet). She didn't mind sitting in the bathroom sink as I washed her. The look on her face was priceless. I wish I had taken a picture now. It may take a while before little Mandy will jump up on the toilet again. She usually jumps on the toilet to get to the bathroom sink where she plays with the chain keeping the plug on the tap. There is never a dull moment.

ScantyNebula
04-09-2003, 10:46 AM
ROFL@Mandy!!!! Poor little thing! I'm sure she doesn't appreciate my laughing .... but Its unavoidable! Good thing you guys were around at the time!!

Oh and Rosie, I'm willing to bet that toilet training is not an option for little Mandy now. LOL

HayleyRosie
04-09-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by ScantyNebula

Oh and Rosie, I'm willing to bet that toilet training is not an option for little Mandy now. LOL

Maybe not!

aguu
04-09-2003, 11:00 AM
OOh poor little thing!
That happened to my girlfriend and her kitten last week - but it was much worse;
Little Zazu is only about 9 weeks old. He was in the bathroom keeping her company as usual. When she flushed - Zazu saw the water swirling and jumped in! Since he's so small he almost got flushed! She said she literally grabbed him in the nick of time!
Can you imagine! I don't know who was more freaked out- my friend or little Zazu!

aly
04-09-2003, 11:12 AM
Awwwwwww poor Mandy!!! Bet she wasn't expecting a bath in the toilet!!

moosmom
04-09-2003, 11:22 AM
Poor Mandy! Since I live alone, I don't have to worry about that. (unless Moo or Doogie are using the toilet unbeknownst to me!)

Moo took a little swim too, when I first got him. What a riot! I gave him a bath as well. Thank goodness he has no fur.

04-09-2003, 12:31 PM
Poor Mandy....! Humans should be more careful, hey?!http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/toliot2.gif

Ann
04-09-2003, 12:34 PM
LOL, poor Mandy!

ramanth
04-09-2003, 01:20 PM
awww! Poor Mandy! I'm glad she's okay.

NoahsMommy
04-09-2003, 01:27 PM
Awwww! That is so cute! I'm so happy she sat for her second bath of the day! ;)

Catsnclay
04-09-2003, 02:18 PM
LOL been there.......we have the very same rule at our house, for the very same reasons!! When Lucky was young he went for a swim after the flush.......first & last time he ever did that!!

Brought back some cute memories....:) :rolleyes:

kimlovescats
04-09-2003, 02:21 PM
Poor Mandy!!! I think the male at question should be punished!!! Poor baby girl! MEN!!!!:rolleyes:

batgirl1980
04-09-2003, 03:25 PM
Awww poor Mandy!

So glad you guys were there, and that she sat for her second bath. She was prolly thinking "well, what's MORE water gonna hurt" lol

yorkster
04-09-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Awwww! That is so cute! I'm so happy she sat for her second bath of the day! ;)

Poor Mandy! My kitty Kedi had that happen when he was about 9 months old- he was always such a clown! :D

Oh, and BTW NoahsMommy, the last time I was on PT (regularly), you only had 2 cats. How many do you have now?! I think I counted 6 pics...........................

iceyshiver21
04-09-2003, 04:20 PM
awww.....The wet cat face...LOL...now that is priceless.

Jessica12345
04-09-2003, 04:24 PM
LMAO!:D poor little thing! but that is just precious. lol!:) :D ;)

HayleyRosie
04-10-2003, 06:30 AM
This morning when I was brushing my teeth she came in the bathroom and she actually looked to make sure the lid on the toilet was down before she jumped. They learn really fast!

catmandu
04-10-2003, 09:45 AM
DEpit the fact that there are several waterdishes about , if i forget to lower the lid , Moose the Magnificent drinks out of the toilet! One day he slid in , paws first , but thankfully he is at 22 lbs, to fat to fall in!

Russian Blue
04-10-2003, 09:59 AM
That is too funny!

As soon as I read the title I started giggling, but I'm glad Mandy learned to look before she leaps!

**still giggling**

:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-10-2003, 10:15 AM
:D :D When I first read this, I figured she just jumped up know the lid would be down because it always is. Imagine her surprise when instead of landing on a solid lid, she splashed into a big bowl of water! :eek: :eek: And sorry little Mandy sweetie, but I had to laugh too.

It is amazing how fast they learn. :D :D

ScantyNebula
04-10-2003, 10:42 AM
LOL I wish you had your camera around Rosie!! =D

Toby drinks from the toilet whenever the seat is up as well. Eww...

Tina
04-10-2003, 12:31 PM
OMG!! Poor Mandy!

slick
04-10-2003, 01:18 PM
That's hilarious!!! What a Kodak moment.

krazyaboutkatz
04-10-2003, 11:30 PM
Awww poor little Mandy. I'm so glad she's okay. My cat Sunny has been known to play in my roommates toilet. One day she heard some swishing noise and it was Sunny just having a good old time playing in the toilet. :) I always keep my toilet down but my roommates usually never do. I'm glad that all 3 of my cats are large so there's no chance of them drowning or getting flushed down the toilet.

Cataholic
04-11-2003, 12:12 PM
I know I posted before about this...but, if it helps one person...

Leaving the lid up with young cats can have a deadly effect. Because of the slope of the bowl, and the fact that ceramic is soooo slippery, a young kitten or puppy CAN FALL IN HEAD FIRST, NOT HAVE THE STRENGHT, SKILL, TENACITY TO RIGHT HIMSELF, AND DROWN!

I don't mean to dampen anyone's spirits, and I am sure it was a cute sight, BUT, this is kinda serious to me...and, it can really have some devasting effects. :(

HayleyRosie
04-11-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
I know I posted before about this...but, if it helps one person...

Leaving the lid up with young cats can have a deadly effect. Because of the slope of the bowl, and the fact that ceramic is soooo slippery, a young kitten or puppy CAN FALL IN HEAD FIRST, NOT HAVE THE STRENGHT, SKILL, TENACITY TO RIGHT HIMSELF, AND DROWN!

I don't mean to dampen anyone's spirits, and I am sure it was a cute sight, BUT, this is kinda serious to me...and, it can really have some devasting effects. :(

I agree with you 100%. It almost scared me to death. It was the fastest time I ever ran to the bathroom! The cute part was seeing her getting her second bath in the sink. That I would have loved to get a picture of. She looked so cute all wet. As for the "man" that left the seat up. He has been punished!