PDA

View Full Version : Jubilant Iraqi's Welcome Marines

tatsxxx11
04-09-2003, 08:03 AM
After 30 years, jubiliant Iraqi's enjoy first tast of freedom!!!:)

Read the good news!! (http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackageArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=255080)

mugsy
04-09-2003, 08:22 AM
Madonna??? ;) That's funny!! Kind of an oxymoron in this case since Madonna is so outspoken for her distaste of the war!! lol

Anyway, that's great. I know not all Iraqis feel that way, but, it's nice to see that a lot of them realize what's going on.

Thanks Tats!!

Logan
04-09-2003, 08:25 AM
I wish I had a television in my office. I'm listening to the local talk radio and they have been giving the "play by play". At one point, a few minutes ago, the host got so choked up with emotion that he had to pass the microphone to his asst. He commented that after all the horrors of 9-11, to witness this jubiliation just shook him to the core. He said it is an "amazing sight" and he's playing Ray Charles now!! :)

I know it isn't over as there is still fighting going on in other areas, but I am truly happy for these people and our brave soldiers who have freed them. :)

tatsxxx11
04-09-2003, 08:28 AM
Dozens of Iraqi's are scaling a 50' statue of Saddam, located in the center of Baghdad, tying a "noose" around his neck, attempting a little "toppling" of their own!!:D Where's the Information Minister, "Baghdad Bob??" Where Tarek Aziz? Where's Saddam??? GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!:) It's not over, but watching the Iraqi's enjoying a deep breath of freedom, is beyond words.

Rachel
04-09-2003, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the read, Sandra. It is quite encouraging and probably meant a lot to the troops.

Not to change the subject, but in that same Reuters page down at the bottom, there is an article about a puppy (sounds awful, turns out okay.)

Ann
04-09-2003, 08:33 AM
I saw the desecration of Saddam's statues by the Iraqis on TV like 10 minutes ago, and it was truly a nice sight. Let's hope their freedom and joy lasts!

tatsxxx11
04-09-2003, 08:45 AM
Absolutely, that's what we have to hope for now, Ann! I pray that the the transfer of power is peaceful. And there are still areas of the country where their is fighting. And after the celebration ends, there will still be a lot of hard work ahead, helping to heal the wounds, helping to rebuild the country, and finally, GIVING IRAQ BACK TO THE IRAQI'S!!!! I am SO happy for them. I pray the good news continues.:)

Logan
04-09-2003, 08:50 AM
Are you crying, Sandra?? I am!!! :D

tatsxxx11
04-09-2003, 08:51 AM
Yup!!!!:D

Ann
04-09-2003, 08:57 AM
*nods* Exactly. Does anyone know who will come in power after this? I hear some sources saying the Iraqis will democratically elect a leader and I hear some sources saying the USA will put in a government and so on. It seems rather vague right now, but I truly hope everything will work out for the best.

tatsxxx11
04-09-2003, 09:13 AM
A "transistional" government will be put into place, overseen by the U.S. and the U.N. (to what extent has yet to be determined, and argued over!!!) to allow for the country to regain some degree of stability. Most important is to first return all of the basic services, water, elec., etc. to the country and provide the needed humanitarian aide. There are a few Iraqi "governments in exile," many of whom have now returned to Iraq after decades of banishment. With so many different factions, sects, within the country, all with varying interests, vying for a voice in the govt., the Irqai's themselves have a lot to sort out as they plan for their national elections. Right now the "battle" will be, I believe, over what extent the U.N. will be involved in the transisition.

Ann
04-09-2003, 09:26 AM
Gotcha, thanks for explaining that! I sure hope that installing water and so, like you said, will be given high priority. There are so many diseases and problems from bad water resources and facilities.

jackiesdaisy1935
04-09-2003, 09:37 AM
Just woke up and got on the computer, remember it's 7 A.M. here and reading your article Sandra, put tears in my eyes. I'm so happy for the people of Iraq perhaps they will have the freedom now that they never had all those years. It's a joy to see them so happy. Now all our men have to do is clean up the rest of the thugs and maybe get ready to go home. They must be so tired.
I'm sure they will get to go home and replacements will come in.
Jackie

Pam
04-09-2003, 11:27 AM
This story was breaking this morning and the scenes from Baghdad were just coming in as I was getting ready for work. I broke down with tears of gratitude to all of the men and women who worked so hard to bring this to pass and most of all to God! I listened to the coverage on the radio on the way into work and just could not stop the tears. What a happy day it is indeed! Just now I saw on local TV some footage of an Iraqi community somewhere in Michigan marching in jubilation waving US flags!

RICHARD
04-09-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Ann
I saw the desecration of Saddam's statues by the Iraqis on TV like 10 minutes ago, and it was truly a nice sight. Let's hope their freedom and joy lasts!

it's thursday on the other side of the international date line......

that "nice sight" was brought to you courtesy of the UNITED STATES government, the soldiers that spilled their blood, and the families who lost loved ones during this war.......

the war that sooooooooooo many people were against...
enjoy it but try another word instead of 'desecration'...it's semantics but you only desecrate something that is holy or has a value to a people....

and thanks again for supplying us with those nifty Carl Gustav
anti tank rockets.....when it comes to killing tanks...you guys rock!!!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-09-2003, 12:01 PM
So many tears and smiles this morning. My favorite memories will be of many Iraqi men rushing toward the fallen statue of Saddam but pausing by the tank and kissing the Marines on the cheek and shaking their hands. I also love a picture of a small boy putting a flower in a Marine's shirt pocket. Iraq may not be free yet but it's sure on the way. I also like what the Iraqi - Americans in MI are saying, "It doesn't matter what the rest of the world says. It only matters what Iraq and the US says as long as they say it together."

Ann
04-09-2003, 12:14 PM
RICHARD... I honestly don't see why this had to be turned into another discussion. Just because I am happy to see the Iraqis like this doesn't mean I support the war. I mean, even if this nice sight has been brought to us by the USA, like you say, it has also been accompanied by awful sights of innocent dead civilians.

Oh, and excuse me for using the wrong word, I didn't know that "desecration" only worked for things that were considered holy.

Out of curiousity... Do you keep mentioning Swedish weapons because you think I'll somehow argue with you or get upset? Cause if you did, you are dead wrong! If you only knew how many letters I've written to the Swedish government about this... We are supposed to be friggin' neutral, and yet here we are, selling weapons to the UK and the USA! It's disgusting, greedy Göran Persson (that's the Swedish prime minister) willingly ignores the law just so he can get blood money.

RICHARD
04-09-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Ann

Oh, and excuse me for using the wrong word, I didn't know that "desecration" only worked for things that were considered holy.

Out of curiousity... Do you keep mentioning Swedish weapons because you think I'll somehow argue with you or get upset? Cause if you did, you are dead wrong! If you only knew how many letters I've written to the Swedish government about this... We are supposed to be friggin' neutral, and yet here we are, selling weapons to the UK and the USA! It's disgusting, greedy Göran Persson (that's the Swedish prime minister) willingly ignores the law just so he can get blood money.

just want to set the record straight...

upset enough to write letters about the wonderful technology we needed to win our war??????

i saw one marine take a shot at a tank across a river......the dang round hit the water, skipped, then hit the tank.........i mean, how can you argue with a shot like that???

again, anti tank technology brought to you by the people of SAAB/BOFORS......

just think of all the coalition troops that were saved by that weapon.........

again, you guys rock!!!!

Ann
04-09-2003, 12:27 PM
Well RICHARD, when it comes to technology, sometimes I wish I had been born as an Amish. I honestly hate the way the world has turned out sometimes; technology wise. We have weapons that could wipe out everyone and ruin the planet, and all it takes is one crazed person to push a button. I don't like that one bit... Of course, technology has brought us wonderous things as well, I don't think I could live without a computer for example!

But no matter what your opinion is about the war or technology, it is wrong for a politician to go against the law just to make extra money. Wouldn't you agree with that atleast?

RICHARD
04-09-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Ann

But no matter what your opinion is about the war or technology, it is wrong for a politician to go against the law just to make extra money. Wouldn't you agree with that atleast?

I'm really sorry but i cannot comment on that because i am not familiar with the laws in your country.

if you are asking that as a general question i can answer that
because of the rotten capitalists/politicians we have in our country, i guess i have to agree with you.....just this once....

now that the love fest is over, i like you better when you are standoffish.....it puts the color in your cheeks;)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-09-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

if you are asking that as a general question i can answer that
because of the rotten capitalists/politicians we have in our country, i guess i have to agree with you.....just this once....
;)
I FEEL FAINT!!! RICHARD HAS ACTUALLY AGREED WITH ANN!!! IS THE SKY FALLING? ARE PIGS FLYING? DID IT FREEZE IN YOU KNOW WHERE? :eek: :D :D :D

RICHARD
04-09-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
I FEEL FAINT!!! RICHARD HAS ACTUALLY AGREED WITH ANN!!! IS THE SKY FALLING? ARE PIGS FLYING? DID IT FREEZE IN YOU KNOW WHERE? :eek: :D :D :D

lololololololololol......

i thought i sat on the cat....it was a monkey flying outta my butt....

lolololololololol

it had to happen......and i was gentleman enough to open that line of understanding...........now to get the monkey smell outta
the furniture....

momoffuzzyfaces
04-09-2003, 01:00 PM
LOL!!!!
I KNEW SOMETHING WAS UP WHEN I SAW A FLYING PIG WHIZ BY! You are on your own with the monkey thing!:eek: :D

RICHARD
04-09-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
LOL!!!!
I KNEW SOMETHING WAS UP WHEN I SAW A FLYING PIG WHIZ BY! You are on your own with the monkey thing!:eek: :D

i know.....separate the whites from the colors.......no bleach in the colored clothes....

yorkster
04-09-2003, 03:17 PM
This is wonderful news :) It's been very moving listening and seeing all the coverage this morning.
It will be interesting to see how this all turns out......................

RICHARD
04-09-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by yorkster
This is wonderful news :) It's been very moving listening and seeing all the coverage this morning.
It will be interesting to see how this all turns out......................

THE IRAQ THING, ME AGREEING WITH ANN OR THE MONKEYS FLYING OUT OF MY REAR????;)

yorkster
04-09-2003, 03:41 PM

How about all of the above? ;)

I don't know why, but for some reason you are starting to grow on me (a bit) :confused: :rolleyes: :)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-09-2003, 03:41 PM
I VOTE FOR ALL OF THE ABOVE TOO!:D

RICHARD
04-09-2003, 03:44 PM
How about all of the above? ;)

I don't know why, but for some reason you are starting to grow on me (a bit) :confused: :rolleyes: :)

just like a mushroom, after all deep inside i am a FUNGI........

ugh, that was bad!!!!!

(p.s. i like you too!)

MOFF,

you vote has been counted.

KYS
04-09-2003, 05:32 PM
I cried like a faucet when I was watching live
the statue of Sadaam being taken down and
to see the joy of the Iraqi people. (many of them
still to afraid to come out.)
Than at work, I passed by one of our T.V.'s to
see thousands of Iraqi Americans/Iraqi's living
here, holding the Iraqi and American flags
in Michigian praising their gratitude
to the American Governement, for giving Iraq back to them.
and their people.
(And I cried again)

shellonabeach
04-09-2003, 07:43 PM
Even I have to agree that it was a nice sight to see the Iraq people who were there so very happy. However there were not actually all that many people there - I was watching it live from the UK as it happened and the camera's panned out to show the whole sqaure - showing only about 100-200 people.

"U.S. soldiers briefly draped a Stars and Stripes flag on the face of the giant Saddam statue as they prepared to topple it. It was quickly replaced with an Iraqi flag."

Yes they put the American flag over the head of the statue, it was removed - at NO time was the Iraq flag put over his head.

"The war has provoked enormous Arab anger and resentment and any display of the U.S. flag could add to those feelings. All over the Arab world, people gathered to watch scenes from Baghdad on television and reacted with a mixture of awe, disbelief, disappointment and contempt both for Saddam and the Americans. "

Said it all to me, the US came and conquered. A Iraq commentator on the BBC live broadcast was disgusted by the use of the US flag.

The Iraq people who were on the square - only one flag was being waved - an Iraq flag by 3 men.

If anyone would like to see what I saw live as it was beamed to the UK then I have it all on tape.

I will say I am happy for the men who were on that square, I only hope that the rest of the people who weren't there feel the same. I also hope that they have indeed been given freedom.

Soledad
04-09-2003, 07:46 PM
Nicely put, Shell. This is not the end at all.

RICHARD
04-09-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by shellonabeach

Said it all to me, the US came and conquered. A Iraq commentator on the BBC live broadcast was disgusted by the use of the US flag.

If anyone would like to see what I saw live as it was beamed to the UK then I have it all on tape.

VENI, VIDI, WE KICKED ASS.

TRANSLATED AS --

WE CAME, WE SAW, WE KICKED ASS.

the iraqi commentator will get over it.....of course i'd be kinda ticked off if someone came to my country and draped a flag over-
ah, over.......well we don't have gaudy statues of our dictators in
downtown washington, plus the fact that the day some jokers think they will TRY and take over the US.....i just don't see it...

hey!!!!!!!!

there she is!!!!!

aren't ya happy to see those soldiers right in the middle of baghdad......(you support them right????)

you know two of the most important people in the war were the driver of the M-88 and the pilot of the B-1.

thank god you are alright.....i was worried that the pics on the telly this morning would have driven you a tad over the edge..i was wondering when subject of the "bush world domination tour" woudl come up.......

i mean FOUR years to take over the world.......ya gotta believe!!

Logan
04-09-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Soledad
Nicely put, Shell. This is not the end at all.

I think all of us realize that, but regardless of how many were there, it certainly was nice to see the joy on their faces, in Baghdad and other places. I heard the crowd did increase to over 1000 later in the day. Regardless, it is a step in the right direction.

RICHARD
04-09-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Logan
I think all of us realize that, but regardless of how many were there, it certainly was nice to see the joy on their faces, in Baghdad and other places. I heard the crowd did increase to over 1000 later in the day. Regardless, it is a step in the right direction.

i think it may be more contagious than SARS...

;)

(twice in one day........you have to love it!)

:D

moosmom
04-09-2003, 08:23 PM
watching the Iraqi's enjoying a deep breath of freedom, is beyond words.

You said it all! I watched as a U.S. soldier wrapped an american flag around the head of the statue. When the statue finally came down, everyone in the street was stamping on the face of Saddam, which is the ultimate insult, according to news reports. It brought tears to my eyes. I'm glad the Iraqi people finally have the freedom they deserve.

KYS
04-09-2003, 08:26 PM
It was than and still now,being reported that "many" people
are afraid to be seen and come out of their
homes until they are sure Sadaam has been
toppled. The Iraqi people living in Baghdad did not
even know our soldiers were their until 24 hours ago
when they saw an American tank, because of the lies
of their Iraqi defense minister being broadcast.
Iraqi's are being interviewed by reporters who are still
afraid to show their face in fear, not of the US but
of Sadaam and his regime. I am sure you will see many
more people coming out and celebrating once their
fear is over, than the few hundred you are
referring too.
As for the US flag that was briefly put on the head of
Sadaam. It was quickly taken off too.
The Iraq commentator who was so disgusted about seeing the
US flag put up for a "couple" of minutes.
Those soldiers are proud to be Americans,
the flag is a symbol of Freedom,
and all of them are willing to loose their
lives to give the Iraqi people FREEDOM.
Maybe that Iraqi commentator would have liked to show
his disgust in person in front of Sadaam's statue before
it fell, or to the thousands of Iraqi's who
marched in the streets of Michigan to
show their support of American and happiness,
that Sadaam has been toppled.

As for this war provoking enormous Arab anger?
Why don't they ask the Iraqi's living under Sadaams
regime how they feel?

Would you like to live under Sadaams regime?
This war is not over yet, but to see the joy
on the faces did put a big smile on my face.

This is just the beginning of the Iraq war,
and only history will tell how the Iraq war
goes down in the future to be told and read for all.

mugsy
04-09-2003, 08:33 PM
I smiled everytime I thought of that sight this morning! The American flag didn't last long and almost immediately the REAL Iraqi flag went up in it's place! It was awesome. My favorite part had to be the picture of the guy taking a ride on Saddam's head! hehehehe. I guess the Iraqis don't hate us as much as some members of the media would like us to believe. (Now, understand, I'm sure the rebuttal will be something of the opposite, but that's ok...I'll live through it! lol)

I'm so glad that the Iraqi people are finally going to be able to taste freedom. I heard one Iraqi guy say that he is 43 years old and this is the first time he remembers being free, what a nice tribute.

Soledad
04-09-2003, 08:57 PM
aren't ya happy to see those soldiers right in the middle of baghdad......(you support them right????)

Yup. Sure am. I'm happy to see it happened rather easily and that the Iraqi people don't have to live in fear of a man who has tortured them for years. I am still worried that Saddam has something up his sleeve, though. I do wonder about where he is and if he'll be caught, or if he'll just become another Osama.

As happy as I am for the Iraqis, I still don't trust the government to give them a true democracy. I don't think Bush will budge on this one. He'll have American appointees everywhere.

KYS
04-09-2003, 10:04 PM
Soledad,
I am worried too, that Saddam still might have something
up his sleeve. (I hope he is not alive)
As far as American appointees.
An total Iraqi government can't be put in place over-night.
Along with Iraqi government their will need to
be so called "appointees" for
a period of time possible around a year, to make sure
the new Iraqi Governement is stable enough to run on its's own. I am not expert, but I will assume their will be a temporary
governement put into place with Iraqi's, till the transition period
is stable/strong. When that happens the Iraqi's will "vote"
and choose their own leaders and be a democracy.

Soledad
04-09-2003, 10:26 PM
Yes, KYS, I understand the need for a transition. The problem is that the plan the admin currently has is somewhat backwards. It has Americans heading Iraqi departments with Iraqi advisors. I think it should be reversed. I also think they should be very public about who they are appointing and any ties or history that could be dubious to avoid putting in another Saddam.

gini
04-09-2003, 11:02 PM
I may be a very lone voice here........but I am so very cautious about the entire events that took place today.

Yes, on television we were able to see 1,000 - 2,000 maybe, very happy Iraqi's celebrating and riding Sadaam's head through the city.

But there is so much work to be done here.........there are so many groups in Iraq that do not get along.........and to try to bring them under one fair government - that they will all respect and obey the new laws is a huge undertaking. And it must belong to the Iraqi's........American's need to eventually come home!

I think what I personally want is a huge cry - worldwide - that we have peace throughout all of the Middle East! We have the Israeli and Palestinian situation still very much a huge problem.
(little tiny articles in the news - they are still killing each other six or seven at a time).

I am by far not an authority on any of this - so jump on me - rant and rave about what I have to say - it is alright!

I just needed to say that even though it was so exhilirating to see those few people so happy - tomorrow is another day and their country must be re-organized FROM SCRATCH!

At least now, we can start to get them some of the medical and basic necessities that they have been without for so long.

So, join me in the hope that true peace can be obtained in that region without our having to police it - and we can pay attention to the many needs we have in our own country.

( I did not mean to ignore the fact that the Brits need to go home and enjoy their lives as well - and some Australians and all of the other countries that have come to America's aid as allies.)

Soledad
04-09-2003, 11:06 PM
Amen, Gini!!!!:D

Pam
04-10-2003, 05:57 AM
I totally agree Gini - we are not out of the woods yet but they are better off than they were 24 hrs. before. I personally am very hopeful that our POWs may now be quickly located and our MIAs be found too. I know the families of these people must be on pins and needles now knowing that soon they may (hopefully) have some good news about their loved ones.

RICHARD
04-10-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by gini
I just needed to say that even though it was so exhilirating to see those few people so happy - tomorrow is another day and their country must be re-organized FROM SCRATCH!

what make me laugh is the fact that all the arab countries are
scratching their heads trying to figure out why Iraqi citizens are kissing pics of good ol'GW.
there seems to be a little bit of anxiety in the area seeing the americans greeted as liberators........the way i see it is the 227 year old kid from across the street came into your neighborhood
kicked your butt, ate your lunch and watched your TV (Al Jazeera
of course...)!!!!!!

saddam was supposed to uphold the 'hate' that everyone feels for america and he folded his tent up and hit the road...

the leaders of the countries in the area are afraid that they'll
lose their hold on their people when they see what democracy
is all about.......there is nothing worse than a bunch of smart people when you are trying to keep them stupid and afraid....

yep there are problems, but i really think that people in iraq,
as bad as they were treated, still have the desire and the sense
to get THEIR country together...

the real danger to american soldiers is having the skin worn away from shaking hands and getting kissed on the cheek.

(no disrespect meant- they have that OTHER job they have to do)

jackiesdaisy1935
04-10-2003, 12:27 PM
Richard, I think your right the other Arab countries don't know what to make of the Iraqi's welcoming the Americans and British
it's not supposed to work that way, right? The are supposed be killing them, not have the children welcome them with flowers.
I'm sure it will take time for everything to fall into place, but freedom is sweet right now for those people.
We have the second largest Iraqi Community in the country here in San Diego and believe me they were all celebrating and enjoying big parties and many said now that they would love to take their children back to Iraq to visit their homeland.
We still have a way to go, but we have a good headstart.
Personally I think the British and the Americans did a great job.
Jackie

RICHARD
04-10-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by jackiesdaisy1935

We have the second largest Iraqi Community in the country here in San Diego and believe me they were all celebrating and enjoying big parties and many said now that they would love to take their children back to Iraq to visit their homeland.
We still have a way to go, but we have a good headstart.
Personally I think the British and the Americans did a great job.
Jackie

what are you doing posting????

get out there, kick off your shoes, and enjoy the fun....

( i think they did a pretty good job too )

yorkster
04-10-2003, 02:33 PM
what make me laugh is the fact that all the arab countries are
scratching their heads trying to figure out why Iraqi citizens are kissing pics of good ol'GW.
there seems to be a little bit of anxiety in the area seeing the americans greeted as liberators........the way i see it is the 227 year old kid from across the street came into your neighborhood
kicked your butt, ate your lunch and watched your TV (Al Jazeera
of course...)!!!!!!

saddam was supposed to uphold the 'hate' that everyone feels for america and he folded his tent up and hit the road...

the leaders of the countries in the area are afraid that they'll
lose their hold on their people when they see what democracy
is all about.......there is nothing worse than a bunch of smart people when you are trying to keep them stupid and afraid....

yep there are problems, but i really think that people in iraq,
as bad as they were treated, still have the desire and the sense
to get THEIR country together...

the real danger to american soldiers is having the skin worn away from shaking hands and getting kissed on the cheek.

(no disrespect meant- they have that OTHER job they have to do)

OMG!!! I agree with all of this! :rolleyes: ;)

Richard, you have a way with words........................................:cool :

RICHARD
04-10-2003, 02:35 PM
OMG!!! I agree with all of this! :rolleyes: ;)

Richard, you have a way with words........................................:cool :

you agree with all of that?????

you are scaring me.......go away!!!!!!:D
;)

yorkster
04-10-2003, 02:45 PM
you agree with all of that?????

you are scaring me.......go away!!!!!!:D
;)

yeah, it is pretty scary :eek:

sammi
04-10-2003, 03:04 PM
You have that right Richard! Did you see Bush on Iraqi TV today?

People were also yelling out earlier " We love America"

RICHARD
04-10-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by sammi
You have that right Richard!

a favor from all of you???

on the day i say something stupid, would you all ignore it???

thanks!
lol;)

mugsy
04-10-2003, 04:07 PM
Oh no, Richard, you aren't getting off that easy. You post brilliance and we expect brilliance all the time. One slip up and you're gonna hear it! hehehehe:p ;)

I agree with what you said too. So now what are you going to do??? All these people agreeing with you! lol

RICHARD
04-10-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
You post brilliance and we expect brilliance all the time.

brilliance?????

isn't that a knob on the television set????;)

btw,

when i hear about jihad and all that jazz it makes me laugh....
OBL asked for help, saddam asks for help and all the other countries tell him, 'sure bet......yeah right....'

now all the countries even REMOTELY associated are thinking,
"maybe we should not even THINK about messing with those
crazy americans........they have some pretty tough kids and the equipment!!!....."

for example...
once there was a boy named moammar that owned a country.
he was a bad boy so another guy named ronnie send some b-1
bombers over his turf.........we dropped a few messages and he has behaved himself since.......
some people only understand a boot in the butt.....

you know......we do rock!!!!!!!

lizbud
04-10-2003, 07:45 PM
Quote: "a favor from all of you???

on the day i say something stupid, would you all ignore it???

thanks!
lol "

Richard,

Excuse me, were you saying something? Must have dozed off.

:D :D :D

yorkster
04-11-2003, 01:40 AM
I was watching TV tonight and turned the station to one of those news magazine shows- I think it was Prime Time or something, but not sure right now cuz it's time for bed.....zzzzzzzzzz

anyhooooo,
they were interviewing a man who is in the military in Iraq right now. His daughter is 23 years old and is at home protesting the war.
They asked him "does this bother you that you are here fighting and she is at home protesting?"
His answer was "NO. We have taught our childeren to think for themselves."
.........and then (something like) "she's DOING something she feels is the right thing to do."

Just something I thought I would share in light of the recent controversy here in the dog house. :)

lizbud
04-11-2003, 08:12 AM
Richard,

You know I was kidding before when I quoted your words back
to you? I was trying to make a joke O.K.? :D :D Maybe I'm just
not as witty as you are, but it was a effort to make you laugh.
Just thought I'd add this post by way of explanation. I do really
enjoy you comments. See Ya later.:D Liz.

sammi
04-11-2003, 09:41 AM
I was watching TV tonight and turned the station to one of those news magazine shows- I think it was Prime Time or something, but not sure right now cuz it's time for bed.....zzzzzzzzzz

anyhooooo,
they were interviewing a man who is in the military in Iraq right now. His daughter is 23 years old and is at home protesting the war.
They asked him "does this bother you that you are here fighting and she is at home protesting?"
His answer was "NO. We have taught our childeren to think for themselves."
.........and then (something like) "she's DOING something she feels is the right thing to do."

Just something I thought I would share in light of the recent controversy here in the dog house. :)

I wonder if he really meant it didn't bother him?? It would sure bother me. She could think for herself and not be for the war, but to protest when her dad is fighting seems very disrespectable.

mugsy
04-11-2003, 10:19 AM
Liz, I thought it was funny!! lol

I am just glad we can see a light at the end of the tunnel now, but, until the Iraqis are free I'm sure there will still be controversy.

RICHARD
04-11-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by lizbud
Richard,

You know I was kidding before when I quoted your words back
to you? I was trying to make a joke O.K.? :D :D Maybe I'm just
not as witty as you are, but it was a effort to make you laugh.
Just thought I'd add this post by way of explanation. I do really
enjoy you comments. See Ya later.:D Liz.

i am crushed.

you wisecrack BACK at me and then add a note to make sure i understand it's just a joke.......

it's about time you all start to make funnies on your own...
one of these days i am gonna cut the umbilical and you'll
have to create your own comedy identity.

then you'll have to fend for yourselves.....

lizbud
04-11-2003, 11:47 AM
Richard,

Seriously though, have you heard anything about the POW's
yet(the ones shown on TV)? I keep checking news sources but
have not seen any reports on them as yet. I hope they are
found & reunited with their families soon.

RICHARD
04-11-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
Richard,

Seriously though, have you heard anything about the POW's
yet(the ones shown on TV)? I keep checking news sources but
have not seen any reports on them as yet. I hope they are
found & reunited with their families soon.

no,
i am really concerned about that.
we can only hope and pray.

there was a report on the discovery of bloody uniforms in a town the colalition had taken over, it seems like those uniforms belonged to the captured soldiers.

time will tell.......

mugsy
04-12-2003, 09:41 AM
What's the total number of POWs now? I hope those uniforms aren't a telltale sign of the fate of some of them.

iceyshiver21
04-12-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by mugsy
What's the total number of POWs now?
In school we watch CNN everyday and then we journal about it (I know CNN isnt the most reilable source) But this is what they said about the deaths/POWs.

Iraqi-
POWs- 7000+
Dead- 1250(not positive because theres really noway to tell)

American/British-
POWs- 7
Dead- 127

Again these are not positive but they are pretty close....