PDA

View Full Version : Video

kingrattus
04-09-2003, 12:21 AM
I'm not sure how well this will work as an attachment, but its the best I can do for now.

Its a video on how agressive Mango can get.
Mango is a Red Devil & their known as the most agressive fish in their class. In this video u'll see him trying to eat me through the glass. He does this everytime I have to walk into or out of my bedroom & he does this when I try to feed him too. These fish r naturally like this (well thats what everyone is telling me anyways). So heres Mango!!

Darnit!! I can't attach it... does anyone know of a program that will change the type of video it is so I can attach it to my post??

wolf_Q
04-09-2003, 12:42 AM
Imagestation allows you to upload videos......but only certain types.

I have a lot of video clips in .mov and I haven't figured out a place where I can upload them yet.

Paul
04-09-2003, 12:46 AM
   kingrattus, How large is your video?

Paul

kingrattus
04-09-2003, 01:03 AM
1.21 MB, but I can cut it down, if I have to.. its a .WMV file & I want it to be a .mpeg so anyone with windows can view it. I just don't know what program will let me change it

kingrattus
04-09-2003, 01:13 AM
Oh Man, Mango was doing something really cool just a couple of mins ago. I walked into my room & he charged the glass & I heard his teeth scraping on the glass, Times I wish I bought the webcam with a mic. :(

I'll try to hunt down the crapy webcam that has a mic & maybe it'll pick up the scraping noise :)

Paul
04-09-2003, 01:17 AM
   I just changed the Pet Talk server. It should now allow .wmv files. I think that it would be better in .wmv. 1.2 meg is very small so far as video goes. Our server still has a 2 meg limit.

I think .wmv is more compatible for windows users than mpeg. Mac users can also download the free Windows Media Player.

Download.com (http://download.com.com) has some free converters.

Paul

Paul
04-09-2003, 01:31 AM
   I see the server is complaining about mango.wmv. If you email it to me, [email protected], I will post it for you.

Paul

kingrattus
04-09-2003, 02:14 AM
I needed to check off this box "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" but no, I forgot to check it off so I was ab;r to get emails but I couldn't send any...

did u get my email??

will finish this tomorrow, I have classes at 11am so I have to get up at 9 so I can catch the bus, goodnight & thanks for the help :)

Paul
04-09-2003, 03:57 AM
   Here it is! (http://petoftheday.com/online/kingrat/Mango.WMV)

Paul

Cookiebaker
04-09-2003, 06:15 AM
That's pretty cool. It almost looks like he's kissing you! :P Thanks for sharing your video! Can't wait to see more. :)

Jessica12345
04-09-2003, 06:25 AM
thats cool!:D it does look like she is kissing you!:)

iceyshiver21
04-09-2003, 07:30 AM
awww cute!

kingrattus
04-09-2003, 08:31 AM
Thanks Paul :)

u guys r right, it does look like he's kissing me... hehehe

& Mango is a male :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-10-2003, 11:26 AM
That's a cute video. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get them from AVI to WMV. Imagestation only allows MPG. This video stuff is all new to me so I'm glad you posted this! :) I didn't know I could put a video right on PT. Gotta go now, gotta go play with this to see if I can get it to work. Thanks! :)

kingrattus
04-10-2003, 11:33 AM
This video thing is fairly new to me aswell, I can make videos & thats just about it. I'm going to be making one of Axle in a few mins. & then I'l lpost it here... u can post ur videos here if u like, I don't mind, it'll make for a better thread :)

slleipnir
04-10-2003, 05:24 PM
I can upload those formats for someone if they want :] So long as its not really really big hehe

Very cute video btw :D hehe

kingrattus
04-10-2003, 05:28 PM
I will post more as soon as I get my own sever running, but I need to learn how to run it... I'm sooo lost... heheh :) I'm gonna have to get Rob or Tom to do it for me... heheh :)

veegan
04-12-2003, 08:11 PM
damn thats awesome. :D cichlids rule. lol what size tank is that? is he alone in there or no?

RubyMutt
04-12-2003, 08:42 PM
I just took some videos of Ruby... I'm still confused about how to post them and/or upload them to the internet. :confused: Can anyone help me?? :confused: :)

kingrattus
04-12-2003, 10:38 PM
Mango is in a 20 gallon tank... He can't have fishy friends.. he eats them or just rips them to shreds for the fun of it...

try to attatch the file to ur post... look at the bottom of your reply post & it shuld be there... took me awhile to find it :)

RubyMutt
04-12-2003, 10:51 PM
i tried to do that once and it didn't seem to work :confused: ... i'll try again

RubyMutt
04-12-2003, 10:51 PM
:( it still didn't attach :(

kingrattus
04-12-2003, 11:10 PM
don't worry it doesn't work for me either... hehehe

veegan
04-13-2003, 03:23 AM
"He can't have fishy friends.. he eats them or just rips them to shreds for the fun of it..."

:eek: yeah.. thats what I was wondering. :p they sure are beautiful fish! :D

kingrattus
04-13-2003, 10:26 AM
I love his colours... they have spots on their fins which look very very pretty... But the Jack Dempsey's blue gills & fins is even a more prettier fish. Oscar's stripes r cool & how his eyes bulge from his face heheeh