PDA

View Full Version : Update on Cheeko and Spanky.

tikeyas_mom
04-08-2003, 07:26 PM
As most of you know, I was complaining alot about my birds temprement and how they bite and hiss. I would just like you all to know Cheeko now comes out of his cage on his own. He kinda let me clip his wings today as well.

Spanky lets me now hold him and give him kisses on his head and back.

Cheeko still Hisses and opens his mouth to bite but he doent actully bite as hard as he used to. Now when I come home from school they are out of their cage and playing on my stero and or on their play gym.

Cheeko and Spanky have made GREAT progress to becomeing the Awsome pets that I know they always were inside :)

I would just like to thank:

wolfsoul (for always standing up for me,

Tweety_pie (for always pming me great news about her birds progress and how she tamed Tweety)

Jessica12345 (for always believing I could do it, and for giveing me GREAT food tips and training tips)

and MOST of all popcornbird (for knowing Cheeko and Spanky always had great potential and knowing that I as a their owner would never give up on them, Thank you so much for always giveing great advise when I needed it most and never giving up on me, Cheeko, or Spanky)

Thanks so much guys.

slick
04-08-2003, 07:28 PM
Great news. Please kiss them on the head from me too:D

tikeyas_mom
04-08-2003, 07:33 PM
yes I will lol

RockyRoad
04-08-2003, 07:38 PM
Aww I'm so happy for you! It's great that they are getting used to you and coming out on their own! :D {{{Hugs}}}

tikeyas_mom
04-08-2003, 07:49 PM
I know I am so happy I dont have to grab them and force them out of their cage anymore :D..

Tweety_Pie
04-08-2003, 07:49 PM
:D I feal special... I'm glad I could help!

I am very happy to hear about Cheeko and Spanky! Hooray!

tikeyas_mom
04-08-2003, 08:08 PM
yes thank you so much Tweety for all you support and help, you are a great friend. :).. how is Dexter agusting to his new home and his new girl friend Tweety? lol ;)

Tweety_Pie
04-08-2003, 08:13 PM
He is doing great! He is so tame it amazes(sp?) me. lol my dad was holding Dexter and my dad wanted to see what would happen if he opened his mouth... so my dad opened his mouth and Dexter stuck his head IN HIS MOUTH! it was so funny!

tikeyas_mom
04-08-2003, 08:17 PM
omg really, that is soo funny, lol. *laughing*

Tweety_Pie
04-08-2003, 08:20 PM
oh ya my sister (green_chameleon_girl) named her new chameleon Rex:D

tikeyas_mom
04-08-2003, 08:21 PM
oh she got her chameleon. Cool. .. . It must be amazing to watch eh? How old is your sister?

Tweety_Pie
04-08-2003, 08:29 PM
My sister is 13 and so am I...Were twins:)

Chameleons are amazing to watch the sorta move slow but they are amuzing(sp?) to watch...just like a tv lol

Tweety_Pie
04-08-2003, 08:31 PM
How is your Gerbil?

tikeyas_mom
04-08-2003, 08:35 PM
he's sick, I feel so bad. I cant take him to the vet. I can get there, but I dont have the money for a check up let alone meds. :(.. poor guy. I am saving up as much as I can. I dont have much right now. like 5 bucks.. Not even. Gosh I hate this. and there is nothing I can do because my mom wont take him or give me the money because she thinks its "only a rodent" :(.. The most I can do Is talk to a vet over the phone and try to get a diagnosis and maybe some meds from a drug store reccomended. but a vet cant really make assumptions over the phone without seeing the animal.

Tweety_Pie
04-08-2003, 08:36 PM
OH NO! he is sick! poor baby......do you have any friends that could help you out? Like pay for his vet check up?

Tweety_Pie
04-08-2003, 08:39 PM
on your sig... you have that little budgie... where did you get that? it is adorible!!!

tikeyas_mom
04-08-2003, 08:40 PM
Nope, my friends wont pay for it. as if they have enough money any way.

I got the pic of that budgie from google image search "budgies". I thought it looked like this lil gurl budgie I seen at the pet store I liked, for only 8$, so I put the pic in my sig :).

aly
04-08-2003, 08:50 PM
Thanks for taking the time with your birds instead of giving up on them. It seems like you are past the toughest part. Please keep hanging in there and I'm sure they'll keep getting better every day.

Tweety_Pie
04-08-2003, 09:01 PM
how do I get a picture on my sig?

tikeyas_mom
04-08-2003, 09:15 PM
you goto, user cp then goto edit profile. then go down to Signature:
Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts.

Then post the address URL like this..

img URL /img

"img" and "/img" have [ and ] around them

you can get the URL by right clicking on the pic you want and going to properties and then highlighting the Address URL. then copy it :). Then past it in between the ubove format :)

petsbestern
04-08-2003, 10:24 PM
That's really good to hear! Aren't birds just the best? I have a cat and a rabbit, but I have to admit that my personal bond is closer with the birds. I don't know. They are just special. I love my cat and bunny, no doubt, but my birds are my soul. lol

tikeyas_mom
04-08-2003, 10:46 PM
Well I love my dog more then life, I would die for her. My birds, hamsters, gerbil are all great pets and stuff but my dog is my gurl.

popcornbird
04-09-2003, 01:51 AM
I am so thrilled after reading this thread! Congratulations! All it needed was a little work and patience. I always told you no bird is impossible to tame. :) Cheeko and Spanky proved that right. They were always sweet, loving, and gentle pets waiting to get the chance so their sweet selves could get out. Keep the good work up, keep working with them, and I hope we get to see more pics of them now that they've begun to trust you! :D I'm glad I was able to help you in making a difference in the lives of your feathered kids!

Jessica12345
04-09-2003, 06:16 AM
yay! Im so excited and glad to hear they are progressing a lot. Im glad i could help!:) thank YOU for making them happy little birdies and sweet little angels! congrats! keep up the good work. again im glad everything is working out. oh, and um, i hope we get more pics now! lol :p good luck!:) :D :) thanks for sharing the good news with us!

primabella
04-09-2003, 03:13 PM
I just have to bring this up, sorry.

Before you kept saying how you "tried" everything over and over again. After a few bad threads and in a few days your birds are practically tamed. I dunno, it seems kinda weird to me. Did you actually try these things before? Not getting mad or trying to put you on the spot, I'm just curious. :)

Congratulations to you, Cheeko and Spanky! Hope to hear about more progressing soon! :D

And I wish you could take Sage to the vet. Until then, I hope he gets better soon.

tikeyas_mom
04-09-2003, 03:18 PM
yes I tried everything popcronbird said to do, and notjhing seemed to work for me, cheeko still would bite and hiss.

One day I just took him out and then let him sit on my sholder while I mad something to eat and crud, then I went to my room "he was still sitting on my sholder" and put him on my finger. Then I gave him a mist sprey while he was on my finger. He really liked it, I do that every day now. It seems to be working.

primabella
04-09-2003, 03:23 PM
Oh, okay. Got it ;)

:D Good job!

Tweety_Pie
04-09-2003, 03:34 PM
tikeyas_mom how is your gerbil today? is he still sick?

tikeyas_mom
04-09-2003, 03:41 PM
I am at school right now, so I dont know. He was sleeping this morning when I woke up at 7. He got up when I turned on the light and I put a HUGE peice of card bord in Sages cage. She loved it.

"notes how I say " he and She?" lol

I havce no idea what sex Sage is.

Oh well. I am gunna try to take her to the vet when my dogs get their heart worm shot this month.

Tweety_Pie
04-09-2003, 03:42 PM
oh so you dunno if sage is a boy or a girl? **my bad** sorry. I hope sage gets better soon! :) Your still at school!:eek:

tikeyas_mom
04-09-2003, 03:48 PM
yes here in B.C Canada it is only 150 in the afternoon.

I hope Sage gets better to. I am assuming Sage is female because Sage has no Testicals. Buit the pet store said it was male. so I am totally confused. :confused:, when I get Sage a friend I dont want them to breed, so I have to figure out if Sage is MAle or Female. I'll ask the vet to sex her 4 me.

Tweety_Pie
04-09-2003, 03:50 PM
Really? only 1:50 cool it's 4:51 right now in Ontario

tikeyas_mom
04-09-2003, 03:52 PM
cool. how is your sisters lizard? I have togoto class now , lunch is over. cya.

Tweety_Pie
04-09-2003, 03:53 PM
Her chameleon is good