PDA

View Full Version : The Vet

RubyB
04-08-2003, 03:27 PM
Does your dog fear the vet or does s/he even hate the word vet.
My old dog Ruby liked the vet (lets just hope Indy does)!:cool:

aly
04-08-2003, 03:32 PM
My RB Lab HATED the vet! Reece doesn't like it but he doesn't really mind much. Lolly gets verrrrrrrry anxious at the vet and "talks" a lot. It is sort of embarrassing to come in with a panting dog going "YIP YIP YAP YAP YIIIIIIIIIP YAP" and jumping all over me asking me to go home!

RubyB
04-08-2003, 03:35 PM
I love it when they talk but not Yap

robinh
04-08-2003, 03:41 PM
Once we get to the vet they are OK. But they do hate getting into the car because just about the only time they go "Bye-bye in the Car" it's to go to the vet.

slleipnir
04-08-2003, 05:10 PM
HAH, my dog seems to be terrified of the vet..shes fine till the vet comes in the room then she starts howling..but after shes done and out of the room she seems to like the vet :confused: Weird..

Zeke is a good boy and gets along good :D

Dogz
04-08-2003, 05:16 PM
Prince doesn't really mind the vet... when the vet is done doing what he has to do, the vet sucks up to Prince with doggie cookies!:D

anna_66
04-08-2003, 05:20 PM
They don't mind because that means that they get to go bye-bye:)

Rachel
04-08-2003, 07:48 PM
The *sort of* answer applies because Hannah likes to go places and meet people, but she also knows that sometimes things happen there that she's not fond of...so its an approach/avoidance situation for her. Last time she was there she got the *veterinary shakes*. My Tizzie used to get them so terribly you would think there was an earth quake. Tucker can be pretty laid back. One time he fell asleep on the exam table.

Cincy'sMom
04-08-2003, 08:02 PM
My dogs LOVE the vet!!! I guess it is beaucause all the receptionists/techs love them and come say high to them and the vets usually give them treats, but they are always excited to go!

tikeyas_mom
04-08-2003, 08:10 PM
My dogs get so scared when they go to the vet, they whine and have their tails inbetween their legs. it is sad really. It is like they can smell dealth or somthing

RubyMutt
04-08-2003, 08:10 PM
Ruby loves to go bye-bye and she loves her doctor, but she's not too thrilled about some stuff that goes on inside the clinic

tikeyas_mom
04-08-2003, 08:11 PM
I guess it is beaucause all the receptionists/techs love them and come say high to them and the vets usually give them treats, but they are always excited to go!

the vet here gives our dogs treats to but my dogs dont take them. My dogs dont take treats from any stranger.

Glacier
04-08-2003, 09:13 PM
It varies by the dog...Goldie is absolutely terrified at the vet. It's the only place she ever has an accident. Preacher on the other hand, is the most relaxed dog ever at the vet. Last week his heart rate in the clinic was 64. The doc said he was the most relaxed dog she'd ever worked with who was not knocked out! :D Kayleigh desperately wants to eat the clinic cat. The rest are somewhere in the middle.

wolfsoul
04-08-2003, 10:24 PM
Timber loves the vet! She bowls everybody over and never sits still :rolleyes: I wish she was afraid, it would probably be less hassle :rolleyes: :p
Leather doesn't care. She looooves the car ride over, but once she walks through the doors she's her regular self, couldn't care less about where she is or what she's doing :rolleyes: :D

lovemyshiba
04-08-2003, 11:14 PM
Kito just adores our vet--he loves to go in there. I can't even walk by her office with him, he pulls so hard to go in. Abbey doesn't really mind, and Riley has only been there once, so it's too soon to tell.

Cisco's Mom
04-09-2003, 08:59 AM
No way! Cisco doesn't like the Vet. I mean as soon as we pull into the drive way to the vet he hits the opp. side of the car and starts barking at me. I think he is screaming and telling me no I'm not going in there! Once inside he disappears into my t-shirt for security and I have to pull him out for is exam. He will take is exam well, but he does not like his toe nails clipped at all!

Dakota's Mommy
04-09-2003, 03:02 PM
We have never had any problems taking our girls to the vet. Dakota loves to go just to see all the other pups in there! All she want to do is play. Sierra seems to be the same way. Destiny, on the other hand, we have no problem taking her. The only problem is that she's a lot like my mom's Dazzi. She gets so excited to see another dog, she tends to end up being aggresive when she gets to first approach the other pup and tries to snap. Now that we know this, it's not such a problem. However, it's a pain because I'm not always sure who we can trust her around. Meeting each dog has to be done easily and cautiously. She's done fine meeting the couple of Dakota's friend in our neighborhood, but it all takes time with her since she seems to be our Alpha dog.

Anyways, the actual vet is no problem. It doesn't seem to faze them getting shots or whatever done that they have to get done. They are so good at the vet for us!

Actually, taking Sierra has been an adventure because, just like Dakota, she is very playful! Everybody thinks it's so funny that she is so small but wants to play with any other animal in there! She was messing with a lab that was in there 3 weeks ago and the couple said she was so brave for being so little! I told them that she has to be with a dane and dalmation as sisters! Then, Brian said that when he took her yesterday for more puppy boosters, she was trying to play with another puppy that was her size and the puppy just looked at her like, what are you doing! She's so playful, especially after running around with Destiny and Dakota all the time!

primabella
04-09-2003, 03:04 PM
Mickey LOVES the vet :rolleyes: He gets so excited when he goes places or meets new people, no matter who it is. He's fallen asleep with the thermometer up his butt so I think that shows how comfortable he is there :p

cocker_luva
04-09-2003, 03:59 PM
My Cocker loves the attention she gets at the vet. She doesn't like the groomers though, too many loud noises (clippers.)