PDA

View Full Version : Micah is sick.... :(

NoahsMommy
04-08-2003, 11:40 AM
There's something wrong and I'm worried about him. Click here for a link to Cat Health:Micah (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23839)

He threw up a lot this morning and was calmer than usual. He went to the litter box a million times last night.

We have a vet appointment at 11:00 today.

Any ideas?? A few people suggested he may be allergic to nitrates in meat. I'm worried there is some type of blockage. :( My poor little guy! :(

ScantyNebula
04-08-2003, 11:43 AM
:( Good luck at the vet .. hope Micha gets things worked out!!

Barbara
04-08-2003, 11:54 AM
Good luck at the vet -I have no idea as you describe him as playful and loving. Poor little boy.:(

catland
04-08-2003, 12:28 PM
Oh no, the poor little thing:(

I have no ideas what it could be - get well soon little Micah.

HayleyRosie
04-08-2003, 12:41 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Micah. I hope everything goes well at the vet's office.

ramanth
04-08-2003, 12:46 PM
Prayers and Well wishes for Micah!

PayItForward
04-08-2003, 12:59 PM
Good Luck at the vets

Denyce
04-08-2003, 02:16 PM
Good luck with Micah. It is so scary when they are ill.

Kirsten
04-08-2003, 02:50 PM
Oh, poor Micah boy! :( Noah's Mommy, I can understand so well how worried you are!

How old is Micah?

When Luna was 9 months old, she had a very bad diarrhea for two weeks and she felt VERY bad, I eventually had her stool tested and they found a high level of e.coli bacteria in it. After an antibiotics treatment, she made a speedy recovery.

Micah's problem could also be a bad case of gastro-enteritis, like stomach flu in humans.

I don't think it's a blockage because in that case, he would only vomit but have no diarrhea.

Whatever it is, I hope the vet will find out what's the cause and that he can help him soon. I would definitely have his stool (and maybe vomit) tested for bacteria.

Good luck and a get well soon-hug to little Micah!

Kirsten

ChrisH
04-08-2003, 03:02 PM
I have just this minute read this. Poor Micah:( I expect you are home from the vets by now? I hope he is ok.
prayers, love & hugs.

Chris

NoahsMommy
04-08-2003, 03:37 PM
OK, get this....Micah has inflamed intestines!!!! My sweet little guy and I are so similar!!!!

He's on 1 cc three times a day of Imodium AD (Staci, you're a genius!!), his regular meds and his I/D food. The vet said that when the Imodium takes effect, his meds and food will help him to get all better.

The vet found blood in his fecal tests, that's how they knew he was inflamed. They also gave him some fluids because he was a bit dehydrated.

Glad he's OK!! :)

aly
04-08-2003, 03:40 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!!! GREAT news!!! Hope he's better SOON!

batgirl1980
04-08-2003, 03:43 PM
PHEW. Glad to hear he's ok. Hope he starts feeling better real soon! Poor lil guy! Give him lots of scritchies for me.

NoahsMommy
04-08-2003, 03:46 PM
I forgot to add this....Micah's gums were REALLY red today. They were pink last Monday. The vet said that had to do with his inflammation as well. Interesting, huh?

He also said his eyes look really good! :)

Kirsten
04-08-2003, 03:50 PM
Oh, poor boy!! :(

Inflamed intestines? Something like a feline version of colitis or morbus crohn? Or maybe really an allergic reaction to something?

Hope the medicine will help him soon!

Kirsten

NoahsMommy
04-08-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Kirsten
Oh, poor boy!! :(

Inflamed intestines? Something like a feline version of colitis or morbus crohn? Or maybe really an allergic reaction to something?

Hope the medicine will help him soon!

Kirsten
He didn't say exactly what it was from. He's going to call me with the results of the fecal today to rule out any parasites.

It seemed to be a temporary thing.

ChrisH
04-08-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
OK, get this....Micah has inflamed intestines!!!! My sweet little guy and I are so similar!!!!
That is amazing!!! :eek:

So glad the vet found out what was wrong, now Micah will be on the road to recovery toot-sweet!!! :)

Please give the handsome feller a hug from me!:)
Chris

Kirsten
04-08-2003, 04:00 PM
It seemed to be a temporary thing.

Ahh, good! I hope he will be fine soon! Best wishes to him!

Kirsten

BastetsMum
04-08-2003, 04:15 PM
YAY!

HUgs to Noah's mum and Micah!

No wonder he was uncomfy going to toilet!

Glad he will be ok. :D

PayItForward
04-08-2003, 04:17 PM
Glad you got him sorted. Thank god it's a temporary problem.

K & L
04-08-2003, 04:25 PM
I've been so busy at work I haven't had much time to respond. I'm glad it wasn't anything too serious. Did he have parasites that caused the inflammation?

NoahsMommy
04-08-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by K & L
I've been so busy at work I haven't had much time to respond. I'm glad it wasn't anything too serious. Did he have parasites that caused the inflammation?
Not sure yet. But if I were to guess, I would chaulk it up to nerves.

He's a very, very sweet boy and not afraid of the cats. But he's VERY skiddish around other people unless I'm there ( :) ). I had to carry him to the back room today, he was just too scared to allow anyone else that privilege. ;)

kimlovescats
04-08-2003, 04:59 PM
Oh... poor sweet Micah! I'm so glad the vet said this is something easily treated though!!! Bless his heart, and mommy's too.... you've been through so much! Did you ever get the results from your tests???

Hugs,
Kim

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-08-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

I remember you saying that before, that you're so similar. That's funny because I always said the same thing about me and Tubby. I have acid reflux so I have to take a pill similar to Pepcid everyday, and Tubby has to take his Pepcid everyday too. Like mother like son I guess. ;) :)

I'm so glad you finally found out why he's having such a problem. Hopefully all the meds and food will do their thing and he'll be better in no time.

Speaking of like mother like son - I haven't made it to "General" yet, wasn't your follow up appt today?

rg_girlca
04-08-2003, 05:18 PM
I'm so glad to hear your Micah is going to be okay.

NoahsMommy
04-08-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Did you ever get the results from your tests???
Hugs,
Kim

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Speaking of like mother like son - I haven't made it to "General" yet, wasn't your follow up appt today?
Yep, its at 4:15.....so, in about a half hour. I'll update everyone tonight.

Thanks for asking. :)

Miss Meow
04-08-2003, 05:54 PM
Poor darling. Good luck with the test results and paws crossed that he's feeling better. Will check in later for the update - good luck :)

Soledad
04-08-2003, 06:43 PM
Poor Micah. Good thing he has an attentive mommy who can empathise.

He's such a beautiful cat.

jenluckenbach
04-08-2003, 07:18 PM
I am glad they found Micah's problem. I surely hope that he can be on the road to recovery now.

slick
04-08-2003, 08:01 PM
Please get well sweet Micah! Maybe you were having sympathy pains for your Mommy.

Prayers coming your way for good health for both of you.

Cincy'sMom
04-08-2003, 08:18 PM
Glad to hear Micah is doing better! He's such a sweet boy!!!

DO you think maybe somehow we are attracted to pets with simliar aliments to our own? I have allergies and so do both Sadie and Cincy...who knows, by the time summer rolls around Spot probally will too!

Russian Blue
04-08-2003, 08:51 PM
Glad to hear he's on the mend! Now we just have to get mommy on the mend too!

;)

Felicia's Mom
04-08-2003, 09:14 PM
I hope Micah is feeling better by now.:)

krazyaboutkatz
04-08-2003, 10:21 PM
I'm so glad that the vet was able to diagnose Micah's problem and I sure hope that he can finally start to recover. I also hope that it's only temporary. All paws and fingers are crossed here.

shais_mom
04-09-2003, 12:39 AM
Glad he is doing better, and to hear that I am a genius!!! ;) he he
Someone told me to give your pet Immodium for vomiting and for diarrhea.
So when I am desperate, the medical person here has to take care of her animals!!
;)

Barbara
04-09-2003, 02:37 AM
The vet does not seem to think that it is too problematic?
So I hope the sweet boy will be much better soon. Nosekissies from his distant cousin Filou:)

neko1
04-09-2003, 07:09 AM
Get well soon sweet Micah!!:D

catmandu
04-09-2003, 09:44 AM
All 14 of us at the lost cats hotel send Prayers , Headbumps and Kisses to Micah , may you get well SOON!