PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever met a famous person?

luckies4me
04-08-2003, 11:29 AM
I thought it would be fun to see how many of us have met a famous person, may it be an actor or a musician whatever.

I have met quite a few people but I would LOVE to hear of everyone elses experiences! Do you have autographs, or pictures taken with them? Please list who you met and who they are.

Here is my list (may not be complete, but from what I can remember)

BLINK 182 of course! :D the best band ever because Tom is a hottie! I have been to every one of their concerts that has been local to me and have even flown out to some, including one while I was 4 months pregnant. The only member I didn't get to meet was Travis. At the time it didn't bug me because I just wanted to see Tom lol. If anyone wants to know the whole story (pretty funny) than I will ellaborate lol.

PennyWise.....they weren't like I expected that's for sure!

Yes I know.....:rolleyes: but N SYNC I took my sister to the concert. She one an essay contest and won the grand prize so we had VIP access and what not. I was pregnant at this concert too lol and it was abour 95 degress outside during the rehearsal. YUCK!

This one is funny too but I had a major crush on him. Dr. Drew LMAO! I was so excited to meet him and since he is a doctor/spychologist I got to talk to him for a while about some things and he was really a nice man. He's very handsome for an older man. ;)

Seth Green - been in a lot of stuff

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Stroke 9 - have picture, hung out with them backstage but that's a long story too lol

Kelly Slater the surfer

Eve 6

The Cult- um that was interesting

The Get Up Kids

the lead singer of Orgi

Limp Biskit

I can't remember the rest, I will have to go over my sigs and stuff.

So post your concert photos too if you have any! :D

If there are any NSYNC fans here I have some great concert pics you can have LOL. haha :p

luckies4me
04-08-2003, 11:40 AM
For the NSYNC people, I also have a HUGE, and I mean HUGE cardcoard cutout thing of JC and Justin....we got it at the concert. It was a sprint PCS thing but we took one anyway. It's been sitting in my closet for two years and I kinda want to get rid of it lol. It's not even asembled yet. :p

This thread a plug to get rid of my NSYNC parafanilia? NO way! LMAO :p

babolaypo65
04-08-2003, 11:45 AM
I voted "yes and it was great", but really it was horrible!
when i was 16 I was skiing near my home (santa fe). i was out of control. i SLAMMED into someone. skis went flying. i went down. i had goggles, hats, poles spread all over the mountain. AND it was my fault. anyway, the guy i slammed into runs up to me to make sure i'm ok, then helps me get all the gear i've stewn across the run. cleans me off, scrapes my boot bottoms and gets me back in my skis. im already mortified (i'd been skiing for ten years by this time). he asks my name, i tell him. and then he says: my name's bob. he pulls off his hat and goggles and its robert redford. i nearly died.

later that day my best friend calls (his parents own a hotel) and says: come over come over! robert redford and sonia braga are here for dinner and we're going hot tubbing later!

i stayed home. too mortified!

luckies4me
04-08-2003, 12:01 PM
WOW that is so cool! I would love to meet a big time actor like him. I know it could be emberassing...let me tell you! :o

I was backstage at the Weenie Roast and standing in line for the salad bar with my best friend Robert. I was SO excited because Blink was there! Well we started talking about Blink and I was going off on how hot Mark was (loved Mark back then, but Tom is my man now) and wouldn't shut up about it. I was just telling my friend how I think he is such a babe and I am so in love wth him blah blah blah, when this girl tapps me on my shoulder and goes "Oh you like Mark? He's standing right behind you. " I turned around and I almost died. I was so emberassed. He heard everything I said. He just said HI and gave me this really dorky smile and laughed. Then for the rest of the day he kept on bugging me while I was backstage and just kept teasing me.

He would come up to me and go "Hey, so you think I'm sexy do ya? " and than he would start kinda shoving me lol, in a playful way. I tell you those guys are so dorky and immature, but that is why I love them! :D

That was the show where they were promoting "Loser Kids" their new site and just had stickers made so he kept comming to give me stickers, even though he knew I already had some lol. I think I had about 20 stickers by the time I left. In the end I got over the emberassment and just talked to them for awhile. I only talked to Tom for about 5 minutes because he kept running around like a chicken with his head cut off lol. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture because my friend went to go see the concert while I stayed and talked, but I did get their sigs. :D Next time I go backstage I WILL have a camera though lol. I have tons of concert photos as I am always in the pitt so they turn out pretty well. We've only had our camera taken away once and the film was empty so we've had good luck.

Oh yes but Tom gave me a kiss on the cheek! I about died! It's funny how they are just like regular people but you get so frozen when you talk to them. :o

Dakota's Mommy
04-08-2003, 12:24 PM
I can't think of any that I've personally experienced at the moment but Brian said that he got to meet Vin Diesel in a Hard Rock Cafe in Souel, Korea while he was stationed over there last year! I really wish I would have been with him for that one. Being stationed over there for a year, they got quite a few USO people over there but he said that not that many good ones made it up to the DZM which is what he was stationed really close to so he didn't get to see many of the major celebs! But he has got to meet a few non-major ones!

Karen
04-08-2003, 12:44 PM
Not rock stars, but I have met (through where I work,) George Lucas (who was very nice), Jesse Jackson, shook hands with Bill Clinton (during his first term) (most sun-burnt person I'd ever seen) ...

And for authors, I've met Orson Scott Card, (nice, much taller than I'd thought), Leonard Nemoy, and even Isaac Asimov (who was far smaller/shorter than I thought he'd be, very nice person, but I expected a giant, like he's a giant in his genre ...)

And ... drumroll please ...
I have met all four of the top posters in Pet Talk! And THEY were all wonderfully nice, and I've met Daisy and Perry, too!

Tina
04-08-2003, 12:46 PM
I've never got to meet anybody famous. I'd love to though I'd like to meet Axel Rose, Tom Petty(he just seems so cool:) ) Robert Redford, Creed, and some others. Probably never happen though.

My hubby has a friend that use to work at "The Greenbrier" here. It is like a really fancy hotel. His friend said that he was in the bowling alley/bar part of the Greenbrier. And he got to meet Drew Barrymore he said she was so nice.

My mom has got to meet a few country singers. Since they come into Wal-Mart after a concert they have at the state fair. I can't remember who all she's met. I'll have to ask her.

primabella
04-08-2003, 02:29 PM
No one here but what do you expect when you live in Montreal? ;)

My sisters' friend did see Celine Dion at a hall and she was apparently, VERY nice.

I do know a few people who have brothers or relatives that play soccer or sing...maybe they'll make it big one day...:D

Logan
04-08-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Not rock stars, but I have met (through where I work,) George Lucas (who was very nice), Jesse Jackson, shook hands with Bill Clinton (during his first term) (most sun-burnt person I'd ever seen) ...

And for authors, I've met Orson Scott Card, (nice, much taller than I'd thought), Leonard Nemoy, and even Isaac Asimov (who was far smaller/shorter than I thought he'd be, very nice person, but I expected a giant, like he's a giant in his genre ...)

And ... drumroll please ...
I have met all four of the top posters in Pet Talk! And THEY were all wonderfully nice, and I've met Daisy and Perry, too!

You are too much!! LOL!! I was just coming here to say I met the "Mayor of Pet Talk", the most famous person I ever met!!! :D

Aspen and Misty
04-08-2003, 03:35 PM
The only person I've ever met is the Prince of Madagascar (sp). I didn't know it was him though. LOL. My sisters Boyfriends father died and we went to the funeral and when we went back to his house there was some guy who didn't speak english feeding his two kids. I later found out it was my sisters boyfriends Aunt's husband, who is the prince. Well anyway, I didn't talk to him, but I did walk by him :rolleyes: . LOL

Ash

ChrisH
04-08-2003, 03:37 PM
I have shaken hands with Tony Blair, does that count? (after all he is quite famous!:D )

Chris

iceyshiver21
04-08-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by ChrisH
I have shaken hands with Tony Blair, does that count? (after all he is quite famous!:D )

Chris

I WOULD LOVE TO DO THAT!!

I talked to Jesse Ventura, you may know him as that wrestler on tv...well I know him as Minnesotas ex-governor, one who likes to spend his tax dollars stopping at my Uncle wedding to re gas the helicopter.

Kfamr
04-08-2003, 04:19 PM
I've met a few of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers players Woohoo right? not. Not very exciting... lol....

I can't wait to meet Nelly one day.. it's my goal.:D

Kfamr
04-08-2003, 04:20 PM
Oh yes.. Tom IS hot lol... and N sync sucks. :D

bluekat
04-08-2003, 04:27 PM
First thing I wanna say is I LOVE NSYNC!!!!!!! I want to meet them so badly, my sister went to their concert once, but I never did. They're my favourite band! My room is full of posters of them, mostly Justin and JC;)
Sadly, I haven't met any famous people:( Well, I can't think of any right now. I don't have any autograghs or anything.

The Cat Factory
04-08-2003, 04:58 PM
Ummm...my cousin was in the NHL, he played with the Vancouver Canucks...does that count???

luckies4me
04-08-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Oh yes.. Tom IS hot lol... and N sync sucks. :D

LOL You like Tom? Oh Kayann you are my new best friend lol. Want to see some concert pics I took of them? I have a REALLY cute one of Tom lol. It's the funniest pic I have taken of him. hehe

Ah yes the NSYNC thing lol. My sister adores them...Justin mostly.

Come on NOONE here likes NSYNC? Please take my pictures lol. Hey maybe I could sell them on Ebay??:p

luckies4me
04-08-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by bluekat
First thing I wanna say is I LOVE NSYNC!!!!!!! I want to meet them so badly, my sister went to their concert once, but I never did. They're my favourite band! My room is full of posters of them, mostly Justin and JC;)
Sadly, I haven't met any famous people:( Well, I can't think of any right now. I don't have any autograghs or anything.

So do you want some pictures than lol? I can scan them and post them first and then you can tell me if you want them. :D

luckies4me
04-08-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by The Cat Factory
Ummm...my cousin was in the NHL, he played with the Vancouver Canucks...does that count???

Sure that counts! How cool! Now is that hockey or football? :o

Karen, I am mighty impressed with your list! :eek:

Chris, I am young...who is Tony Blair? :confused: LOL I know I know hehe

Dakota's Mommy...that is so cool! He is a mighty hot man, I would love to meet him! :D

BTW I got a new sig!!! Isn't my girl just the cutest thing!!!!

RockyRoad
04-08-2003, 06:12 PM
Luckies, YOU MET SETH GREEN?????????????

OMG you're soooooo lucky! He is so hott!!! :D :p

But anyway, I don't know any famous people.
I'd love to meet the president though. :)

luckies4me
04-08-2003, 06:18 PM
He's really short lol. It was so funny because I was hanging over the balcony thing and everyone was trying to get him to sign an autograph and he came to me! I was like, Cool! :D But it only lasted about 15 second lol. :p

iceyshiver21
04-08-2003, 06:28 PM
Luckies, Tony Blair is the British Prime Minister.

**I think if I have to talk about Nsync, let me say that I used to think Chris K. was hot when he had that whole Pineapple Hair thingy going on...but then again we all know how much I like Pineapple.

luckies4me
04-08-2003, 06:45 PM
Nope I didn't forget, I really didn't know. I harldy watch tv and I don't really pay attention to it when I do anyway. :p And I HATE politics so....:)

Kfamr
04-08-2003, 06:48 PM
Oh yeah.. i forgot that i've met some monster truck drivers, like the guy who drives grave digger and bearfoot......

I like Blink 182.. but not as much as i used to.. seems like everyone nowadays is getting too pop-ish for me. Old blink is good..

N sync still sucks. :D

luckies4me
04-08-2003, 06:53 PM
Yes old blink is GREAT! What is your favorite song?

Mine is Carousel. :D

slleipnir
04-08-2003, 06:54 PM
I don't remember if I did or not lmao..I seem to think I did but don't remember..guess it wasn't anyway really famous lmao. I almost got an autograph from Ian Millar though :x He's an amazing Canadian show jumper (horses) He owned Big Ben..I think hes really great! Anyway, maybe someday ;] I guess that doesn't count lmao

My friend knows a lot of famous ppl..I guess he gets to interview some of them..I couldn't name half of them he's met as I don't really remember..but ppl like All American Reject (I think ..that was the last one so thats why I remember..:x)

iceyshiver21
04-08-2003, 07:00 PM
I know who I meet EVERYDAY, who is really really famous and everyone one loves....do you wanna know??

wolfsoul
04-08-2003, 07:08 PM
I don't think I've ever met any famous people..:(...I've met some of the people on our hockey team lol. They are called the Kelowna Rockets :cool:
I'm related to Micheal J. Fox by marraige, but I've never met him haha :rolleyes:

Kfamr
04-08-2003, 07:10 PM
I really like Adam's Song, All The Small Things and The Party Song
:D

babolaypo65
04-08-2003, 07:14 PM
oooh. i like vin diesel AND seth green. (but not vin diesel's movies)

babolaypo65
04-08-2003, 07:19 PM
Ok, I'll add to my list. people i've met but NOT slammed into on a ski slope.

kevin costner (i served him coffee everyday for a month when he was filming a movie here). nice man.

scott glenn. ditto. also a nice nice man.

val kilmer. NOT a nice man. a very very snotty self absorbed twit actually...

arnold swartzeneger (he did one of those presidential fitness things at the school i taught at). nice man.

we should do one of those six degrees of separation games!

luckies4me
04-08-2003, 07:31 PM
Val Kilmer does seem a little snotty just from what I have seen in his interviews etc.

Come on noone else here has autographs or pictures or anything?:confused: There has to be at least one other person....none of you all asked for sigs? :p

Christiansmommy
04-08-2003, 10:32 PM
I met all of the Philadelphia 76ers back in 1992, i think it was. My friend's dad was the chaplain of the team, so before the game, my friend and I and her dad, and all of the sixers who were religious, went into a room and prayed together...pretty cool. And i got to watch the game in the "wives" room...and got a bunch of autographs afterwards. I have also met a couple of Christian singers (and sang with them in concert...of course in a choir...NOT solo!) ;)...Micheal English, Steve Green, David Meece and Laurnel Harris.

I have an autograph from Boyz 2 Men's "Slim"...his grandma went to a former church i used to attend.

I also checked out (at a cash register, used to be a cashier), Philadelphia Flyers Eric Lindros.

I feel like i am forgetting someone...if i remember i will post...

Anyway, never met anyone too exciting, but, none the less, it is fun to meet any celebrity.

Robyn

My mom (Pam), went to school with Reggie Jackson (famous baseball player) and sat next to him in class :)

wolf_Q
04-08-2003, 11:11 PM
No, not really. I was like 5 feet away from U2 and almost touched Bono's hand a few times...hehe...but that was a concert, and I guess that really doesn't count as "meeting" them.

It's not very likely to meet anyone famous living in Utah. :rolleyes:

My brother was on an airplane with Richard Simmons once. lmao. Hey KayAnn and Rachel...pink shorts! :p

Karen
04-08-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
Val Kilmer does seem a little snotty just from what I have seen in his interviews etc.

Come on noone else here has autographs or pictures or anything?:confused: There has to be at least one other person....none of you all asked for sigs? :p

Someone are George Lucas with Paul and I, and I have signed books from Nimoy and O.S. Card, just nothing scanned in or handy to post. No picture of me shaking hands with Clinton, sorry!

And forgot to get pawtographs from Daisy and Perry, sorry!

luckies4me
04-08-2003, 11:31 PM
I was hoping for pics or something lol but that's fine. I will have to scan mine. Most of my autograhs are at the house so I will need to go get them, but since I need to go pick up my makeup from Mier and Frank tomorrow I can swing by. Yes I bought makeup!:eek: That was pretty emberassing too.....

I do have some things here so I will scan them and post later on...I aren'ts feelings too welz. :( Still sick!

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-08-2003, 11:39 PM
I have met...

Raheem the Dream... I got his autograph

Richard Petty... I had my picture taken with him
(and other NASCAR drivers but Richard Petty was my fav... my dad used to drive the clean up recker after wrecks at the race track)

112.... didn't get their autograph

ZZ TOP.... got their autograph

Leonard Skynard.... got that autograph

*when I met ZZ TOP and Leonard Skynard it was at a WCW wresteling match when the Phillips arena opened in Atlanta ... and for $200 you were guaranteed a seat in the first 4 rows and you got a souvenier (sp) chair, which you sat in during the match.... well we only paid $40 dollars for our seats and were seated in the 5th row right down from ZZ TOP and Leonard Skynard... so I got to hang out with them a little bit.. and when the show was over there was a souvenier chair just sitting there.. and I grabbed it and was going to take it home.. and ZZ TOP (sorry I don't know their names) came over and said they arrested some guy for trying to take a chair... so they led me out the back entrance where the wrestelers were..... SO I GOT TO MEET....

Michael Buffer.... the guy that says.. Lets Get Ready to Rumble
and some of the Nitro Girls.... and I just have to add in here that I got put on t.v. that night too It was only for about 15 seconds... but we just happened to be taping it at home so I have the tape of my 15 seconds of fame;)

AND for any other (4-5)year back wresteling fans... I got to meet the lady who sewed GOLDBERGS tights when he wresteled!

luckies4me
04-08-2003, 11:51 PM
This pic is of the Blink concert, the Stroke 9 one and others. The wristbands are for backstage/pit seats. :)

Yes if you didn't know I am from California lol, which is why almost all are from there. :p

luckies4me
04-09-2003, 12:01 AM
Ok it was totally messing up my pic even though I resized it, so lets try this again...

luckies4me
04-09-2003, 12:03 AM
This better work!

luckies4me
04-09-2003, 12:08 AM
ya ok, here's the other one. :D

I will have to take pics of everything else tomorrow...

hmm that's weird. This pic came out blurry when I uploaded it. :confused: Well I guess everyone can post which concerts they have been too as well. ;)

Crikit
04-09-2003, 12:38 AM
Okay first off have to say I wanna meet Seth Green!!!! okay and that's the end of that.

As for famous people at my old store I actually got see a few of them. There was Jann Arden, who for some reason I was also spazzing about something when she was around. For those who don't know Jann Arden is a Canadian Singer songwriter.

Jackie Chan...now he was da bomb, and sooooo nice. I liked him before I got to meet him, but I like him even more now after meeting him.

Lanny McDonald...my all time hockey hero.

A bunch of other hockey players who used to play in the NHL, some for the home team, others for teams elsewhere but who choose to live in Calgary. Guys like Ronnie Stern, Grant Fuhr, Kelly Hrudey.

Oh and at the Stampede once I met Kim Stockwood...actually she ate some of my cotton candy. Kim Stockwoods another Canadian singer songwriter.

Fuzzy317
04-09-2003, 12:54 AM
I voted no, but after some thinking, they were famous to me.

Famous motorcycle racers I have met and talked to: Kurt Hall, and Trey Batey. I have met but not talked to: Freddie Spencer, and Scott Russell.

I may remember others later, just as soon as I click Submit Reply :rolleyes:

Nomilynn
04-09-2003, 02:56 AM
I went to an autograph signing for the Matthew Good Band. I got my CD and my CD jacket signed.

I was in the movie Air Bud: Golden Receiver because we were sitting right next to the actresses.. didn't really get to "meet" them but it was still so cool!!! :D

Can't really think of anything else :)

moosmom
04-09-2003, 07:43 AM
I am Elvis' love child :D

zanzanfergie
04-09-2003, 07:49 AM
OMG Luckies, you are lucky!! SETH GREEN!!! :eek: Oh, he's my funny little zen man, I love him sooo much in Buffy..."Ice is cool...it's water...but it's not." :D :D

As for famous people I've met...well...I live right by the set of 'Neighbours', lol, so I've met quite a few of the cast of that show (hooray :rolleyes: )
BUT...I am meeting EMMA CAULFIELD THIS MAY!!!!!! :D :eek: :D :eek: There's a Buffy convention in Melbourne, and I am going :D there IS good in this world, and it's gonna be in Melbourne.

And of course you all know that someday I will meet the Slayer herself...Sarah Michelle Gellar. :cool:

ScantyNebula
04-09-2003, 08:00 AM
Famous people rarely ever come to Newfoundland...My boss was an assistant director (or something like that) for a movie filmed in Newfoundland "The Shipping News" (Kevin Spacey, Julianne Moore) ... the Juno's were here in St.John's last year but I didn't make it. ... so no I haven't met anyone =/ :(

ScantyNebula
04-09-2003, 08:02 AM
I had a friend from New Zealand who said he lived a little ways from the shooting location for Lord of the Rings, and he saw Liv Tyler walking down the street one day! Now that must be awesome!

luckies4me
04-09-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by zanzanfergie
OMG Luckies, you are lucky!! SETH GREEN!!! :eek: Oh, he's my funny little zen man, I love him sooo much in Buffy..."Ice is cool...it's water...but it's not." :D :D

hehe I think it is so funny that so many people like this guy lol! :p It's not like I talked to him for that long, but hey I guess it was cool that he did chose me to go up to...which I have no idea what for, there were much prettier girls around. That was my first concert too! :D I could have cared less about all the others, just meeting Blink was like the best thing in the world lol! And well Dr. Drew too hehe.

Does anyone have any concert pics or anything? I have some laying in front of me but my really good ones I can't find! :( I know their in here somewhere though....

Well what concerts has everyone been to? ;)

luckies4me
04-09-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by ScantyNebula
I had a friend from New Zealand who said he lived a little ways from the shooting location for Lord of the Rings, and he saw Liv Tyler walking down the street one day! Now that must be awesome!

Don't care too much for her, but just living near where they filmed the movie is awesome enough! I LOVE that movie and where they filmed is absolutely beautiful!!!! I would love to go there someday. :D

ScantyNebula
04-09-2003, 10:49 AM
Its worth your while to go there I'd say just to hear there accents!! Its so cool =D

I have a picture of John Stamos. Its the only celebrity pic I have. I got it when I was really young, my Aunt went to a Beach Boys concert and got a pic of him for me ...at the time I was obsessed with Full House and I swooned over that pic of 'Uncle Jessie'

HAHA

I should scan it when I get home

aly
04-09-2003, 10:53 AM
I've met Staci Q, The Moffitts (HAHA) and Cyndi Lauper at concert autograph signings.

I've met a LOT of WWE wrestlers (they were WWF at the time.. also met some ECW). One of the ZZ Top guys was sitting in front of me at a wrestling show but I didn't talk to him. My friend did go up and ask him if we could take his pic though.

When I was younger I met Miss USA and some famous children authors whose names are escaping me.

I've also met a lot of the Rockets from the team about 5-6 years ago.

I met a few of the animal planet people at a Pet Fair here. I met one of the vets from Emergency vets, an officer from Animal Precinct (that they almost never show), and some guy that looked like Johnny Bravo and couldn't stop looking at himself in the mirror!!!

AND my dogs and I met Karen and Paul!

Ohhh yeah, I met George Bush when he became Govenor of Texas at his Inauguration Parade (my high school band was playing.. he came and shook my hand).

luckies4me
04-09-2003, 11:03 AM
ALY your post makes me laugh lol. I can just picture that man in my head fixing his hair hehe.

I met Debbie Gibson while working at ShowStopper when I was 12 or so. I also met Keifer Sutherland a long time ago when I went to a Ducks Game at the Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim. We sat really close to him and it took me so much strength to go up and ask for an autgraph..I was in 9th grade I think lol. He wasn't doing much in way of acting around that time but I loved him in the vampire movie.....what's it called again? Oh ya Lost Boys! I LOVE that movie! :D

The autograph is in my old journal which is at my old bfs, so I doubt I will ever get it back. He also has the only baby pictures that were ever taken of me and he won't give them back. I often wonder why my family never took pictures of my brother and I when we were little. I take a gazillion of Dylan! I have no pictures of me when I was 3, 4, 5! After my baby ones it jumps to when I was 6 or 7 I think. :eek: :confused:

Logan
04-09-2003, 11:03 AM
How quickly I forget!! I met Michael Bolton this past summer!! :)

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b2ce33b3127cce91456fdc2cec0000001610

luckies4me
04-09-2003, 11:06 AM
How cool Logan! My mom loves him! ;) Finally a picture, horray! I knew someone else had to have one. I have mine but I will have to pick them up today and scan them. :p

My mom would be really jealous though, hehe.

ramanth
04-09-2003, 12:31 PM
Karen met George Lucas! :eek: :D I bow down to you! ;)

Lets see... I've met quite a few people I would consider famous at conventions. I have a few autographs.

By far one of my favorites is Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett from Star Wars) He knows Andy and I by name and we always have nice chats about our travels and family. :)

Here's a picture of him, me (Tusken), Andy (Boba), and Mike (Stormtrooper). His wife took the picture.

http://www.cutestsandgirl.com/images/mccc01/con8.jpg

Chatted with Dave Prowse (Darth Vader), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), Amy Allen, (Aayla Secura), Richard LeParmentier (Admiral Motti), Kenny Baker (R2D2), & Billy D. Williams (Lando). I've seen Anthony Daniels (C3PO) around but have never talked with him.

Andy Hallett (Lorne from Angel) was VERY nice.

http://www.tk604.com/~mike/midohio/ohio2.jpg

He could not stop cracking up about my Tusken Baby.... got a pic somewhere of his holding it. I got his autograph for my mom. :)

James Leary (Clem from Buffy)
http://www.tk604.com/~mike/midohio/ohio4.jpg

Also very nice. He too thought the baby was funny.

Mark Lutz (Groosalugg from Angel) was there also but he wasn't very nice. He was polite but brushed a lot of people off. Wouldn't pose for a pic.

Met the Head Makeup Artist for the Buffy tv show. He's funny and nice. Met him at the Halloween Tradeshow where he applied makeup to my face and neck so it looked like I'd been bit and scratched by a vamp. :D

Met 'Bare Naked Ladies.' :) Very nice and shy guys.

Looking forward to Dragon*Con this year.

On the list:

James Marsters (Spike from Buffy), Brad Dourif (Grima Wormtongue!) , Anne McCaffrey (my most favorite author!), Luke Perry (90210), and of course James Leary and Jeremy Bulloch again. Guest list is still growing. :)

ramanth
04-09-2003, 12:39 PM
Rob, ze makeup artist as Beetlejuice with my friend Mike done up as a vamp. :D

http://www.cutestsandgirl.com/images/transworld/mikebeetlejuice.jpg

luckies4me
04-09-2003, 02:21 PM
How cool! I would love to meet the Star Wars people!!! Those are great photos! ;)

slleipnir
04-09-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
I also met Keifer Sutherland a long time ago when I went to a Ducks Game at the Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim. We sat really close to him and it took me so much strength to go up and ask for an autgraph..I was in 9th grade I think lol. He wasn't doing much in way of acting around that time but I loved him in the vampire movie.....what's it called again? Oh ya Lost Boys! I LOVE that movie! :D

I love Kiefer Sutherland!!! He's so awesome! lmao I loved that movie too, Lost Boys. I love the new show hes in too, 24 :rolleyes: lol, lucky you :p

weiner_teddy
04-09-2003, 03:31 PM
I voted no, but I have met Jesse Ventura our old state govenor and Marty Seifart, our State Representative! haha does that count???:p

Cincy'sMom
04-09-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
I am Elvis' love child :D

Most the people I have got autographs of, I'm sure not too many people have heard of...they are football players from the 80's Cleveland Browns...people like Webster Slaughter, Mike Pagel, etc.

When I was younger my aunt and grandma tooks us to a circus to see tiny tim. I think they were disappointed none of us wanted his autograph. Tip Toe through WHAT tulips?!?

I never got his autograph, I lived in the same dorm with Danny Fortson...he now plays in the NBA.

Although I have never met her, a lot of people I know went to school with Katie Holmes. Ralph helped choreograph a musical she was in when he was in college and she was in high school. And we can honestly say our Haunted House scared the crap out of her!!!

Edwina's Secretary
04-09-2003, 05:16 PM
I grew up with and went to grade school and high school with Janet Lynn (she was once the Tara Lipinski.)

I have seen in concert....
Cat Stevens (before he converted)
Alice Cooper
Three Dog Night
Frank Sinatra
and.......

Elvis Presley....in his last ever Chicago concert -- I didn't live here at the time (about a year before his death...)

I still have my ticket stub!

Crikit
04-09-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by aly
I've met Staci Q, The Moffitts (HAHA) and Cyndi Lauper at concert autograph signings.

I knew I fogot someone...I remember meeting The Moffits at the Stampede when I was way younger..actually so were they. If I remember correctly they were like seven or eight and kind of snot nosed, spoiled rotten brats. I'm not sure if they're like that now, but I know they live near Calgary.

catland
04-09-2003, 06:52 PM
I shook hands with Telly Savalas some 20 or more years ago. He was shorter than I expected him to be but had an incredibly sexy voice and said "who loves ya baby..."

(I can hear the younger crowd's joint cry of TELLY WHO?:rolleyes: :D )

Fuzzy317
04-09-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by catland
I shook hands with Telly Savalas some 20 or more years ago. He was shorter than I expected him to be but had an incredibly sexy voice and said "who loves ya baby..."

(I can hear the younger crowd's joint cry of TELLY WHO?:rolleyes: :D )

I remember Telly Savalas. I guess that means I am no longer a member of the "younger crowd" :(:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-10-2003, 10:56 AM
I've had the pleasure of meeting a famous person, and I can't for the life of me remember his name right now!!! :o It was many years ago in a small bar in Green Bay. Metallica had played at the local arena and my brother and I went to our local hangout afterwards. Lo and behold, who comes strolling into the bar but Lars Ulrich (drummer) and...James Hetfield (I remembered!!!!) the lead singer. Well, needless to say, at the time I was absolutely in love with James Hetfield, and here he was live as day! I bought him a couple of drinks and talked to him for awhile. He seemed nice enough but afterwards I thought "What am I buying drinks for him for? Shouldn't it be the other way around?" :rolleyes:

Anway, it was pretty cool, and my brother was so awed he didn't say anything the whole time. :)

luckies4me
04-10-2003, 11:03 AM
Tubby that is AWESOME! I saw Metallica at the Weenie Roast and let me tell you , they are just awesome! They are great live!

I just remembered someone else though from the Weenie Roast and it was the the guy from LIT. He looked just like my first boyfriend Jeremy, and I think that's his name too but that's besdies the point lol, he was getting Del Taco with his girlfriend, wide open for anyone to come up to him and he was so nice. I got their sigs too. :D

He was the nicest guy and his girlfriend didn't mind him signing something for me, she was really nice also. I'll remember all who I meet once I get my stuff from the house. I didn't get to go last night darnet but tonight we better go. I want my makeup lol!:p

aly
04-11-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Crikit
I knew I fogot someone...I remember meeting The Moffits at the Stampede when I was way younger..actually so were they. If I remember correctly they were like seven or eight and kind of snot nosed, spoiled rotten brats. I'm not sure if they're like that now, but I know they live near Calgary.

I met them a long time ago when they were snot nosed brats too. I don't know why I had an obsession with them for awhile (at least it was a short time!!!!)

I have no clue what happened to them.

04-11-2003, 07:27 AM
I don't know if any of you know him, but almost 4 years ago, I shook hands with our Prime Minister, called Guy verhofstadt!

As about concerts and singers, I danced about 1m a way from Helmut Lotti (is known in some parts of the USA!; he was singing a tribute to Elvis and looked at me during his complete song!! WAW!!!
I was also at a concert of Gordon Lightfoot(Royal Albert Hall in London), Crosby Stills & Nash, Little River band, and some belgian singers like Axelle red(sings in French).:D

joycenalex
04-11-2003, 11:51 AM
i got to shake the hand of the former president gerald ford (1974-1976) in 1977 while i was in college near his former home town of grand rapids michigan(after living there i understand why he moved to california-hard winters). i also met ralph nader, long before he became a politician and ted sorenson, speechwriter for president kennedy(1960-1963)

primabella
04-11-2003, 06:24 PM
Oh man, I checked back at this post too late. :o

I loved Blink 182. My favorite was also Tom and I love Adam's Song, All the Small Things and Dammit. Great songs :D

The only concert I ever went to was the Backstreet Boys ones. I know, no one really likes them but I used to be one of their 'biggest fans' I HATE HATE HATE Nsync and all of those other boy bands. Backstreet Boys, I dunno. They were my first favorite band...so they're an exception. ;)

I had the chance to go to the Our Lady Peace concert (I love them) but didn't. :(

Cincy'sMom
04-11-2003, 06:36 PM
I do not now the actors name, and I have not seen the movie, but last summer, we were having dinner at Emerils' in Orlando and at the next table was the guy fron Center Stage. A couple of the people we were with were thrilled to meet him, talked to him and he as very nice. After he left, they stole his napkin from his table ( cloth, not paper) and took it as a souvenir to a couple high school girls. Watching them fight and I mean throw each other into walls over it, was hysterical!! ( No one was hurt, I promise) In the end, they cut it and half and each kept a piece.