PDA

View Full Version : B'Day gift for youg lady --- ideas??

sammi
04-07-2003, 10:01 PM
I need to buy a B'Day gift for a youg lady who will turn 12 this month. I need some ideas! She and her family are close friends but I haven't seen much of her since Christmas. She likes crafty type things, clothes, music, just got a new puppy (loves dogs/cats etc.) any ideas will be helpful - I realize money is always good and will most likely give money - but want to give a gift also.

Karen
04-07-2003, 10:04 PM
Bead kit to make her own jewelry - that ties in crafts/fashion ...

A good book, if she likes to read ... that way you can tuck money inside ...

A diary ...

Nomilynn
04-07-2003, 11:05 PM
You could send her a book with information about training and spending time with her new pet, and maybe a gift certificate to a CD store.

lovemyshiba
04-07-2003, 11:11 PM
I love the bead kit idea--sounds like fun!!

Stuff for her puppy might be good

gift certificates for clothing or cd stores, or even for the movies

new Harry Potter dvd---comes out tomorrow!!!

*LabLoverKEB*
04-07-2003, 11:15 PM
I'm 12, too!

I also really like the bead kits, a cd certificate would also be a great idea, or a certificate to a popular store, ask her mother for ideas on what stores she likes! I hope this helps!:) ;)

popcornbird
04-08-2003, 01:32 AM
Getting her a good bead set is a great idea. I just LOVED working with beads at 12. In fact, I still do. That was the present everyone would give me, so as a result, I still have at least 3 kits! One of them is really cool with glass and metal beads. The jewelery made from those looks real! I would also suggest a cross-stitch kit or one of those yarn craft projects. I actually made a huge dollhouse out of a yarn/plastic canvas kit. It took me 4 years to complete because I would go for months without touching it and then working on it everyday in the summer, but I got it done eventually and its beautiful. If you want something small and easier, I've also made a purse from the same type of kit. Maybe a good art set if she likes to draw/paint. Since she got a new pet, a book on the type of animal she got would be a great gift and she will also learn to take extra good care of the pet that way. :) There's a world of possiblities! Even a nice sweater or dress would make a good gift for a girl her age. I usually buy my 12 year old cousins artificial jewelery sets that you can get from Macy's or similar stores. Good luck and let us know what you get her! :D

04-08-2003, 03:03 AM
I asked my 13-year-old daughter (will turn 14 in May) and she said she would prefer a nice card with a gift certificate to one of her popular stores! Ha, if that isn't first-hand-info here;) ;) :D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-08-2003, 04:51 PM
I'm around her age... I got this soap making kit for Christmas... it was really fun. Or a latch hook set, I like those too.

moosmom
04-08-2003, 08:59 PM
Sammi,

I learned from my kid that the best thing to get someone is a gift certificate from their favorite store. This way you know they'll get something they like.

sammi
04-08-2003, 09:18 PM
Thank you guys for all the great ideas. Will let you know what I decide.

petsbestern
04-08-2003, 09:50 PM
Oh I'm sure she would love any kind of kits! Girls love those kinds of things! Maybe even a decorative doll to put in her room. (The ones that are made of glass/ceramics). I'm sure she would love one of those. I have a whole collection of them and they are normally age 12-13 + so I think she might like it.

lynnestankard
04-09-2003, 09:18 AM
You said she liked 'crafty' type things Sammi - how about a Scrap Booking starter set? It doesn't have to be one of the huge 12 x 12 ones - just a smaller version - perhaps 8 x 6. I know you can get them at a lot of web sites over there.

Lynne

Logan
04-09-2003, 09:48 AM
Sammi,
As the mother of a 12 year old, I can honestly say that her favorite gift is a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble. She loves books and music and that gives her the opportunity to get exactly what she wants!
Logan :)

HoRsELUvR
04-09-2003, 03:58 PM
if she's into arts and crafts, there are many fun craft kits you can get her.You can make all kinds of stuff w/ them-jewelry,some types of clothes,scrunchies,etc.