PDA

View Full Version : i wonder when holiday time comes up do you......

carole
04-07-2003, 10:00 PM
when u go on holiday, do you take your pets with you, have someone to feed them, or do you put them in a cattery ? i am interested in you replys

babolaypo65
04-07-2003, 10:13 PM
for me it depends. my "small" dog, ended up being a bit taller than he was supposed to be (scotty) and so he doesnt fit in his carrier (at least not under the seat). if i can DRIVE he goes with me. if i have to fly he stays at home with a sitter. (in the end its not much more than a kennel). the cat stays home. the neighbor feeds him if i'm not around (and because he's manipulative... he's sometimes fed WHILE im home too!) its nice when they can stay home and have their daily rituals, and someone is there to water, bring in mail....and i require the sitter to sleep at my house. owen's never slept alone...

short answer. owen is with me or home, and clive the cat stays home. i wont risk putting owen in the belly of a plane.

Karen
04-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Miss Hoppy, being a house rabbit, stays home, and we have someone come in to feed her and visit with her. She does NOT like car rides (probably think they ALL end at the vet's office) or being in her carrier (she likes being under her OWN control, thank you) and because rabbits can literally die of fright, we wouldn't dream of taking her on an airplane, with all that tremendous noise that we could not explain to her!

She would prefer, of course, that we stay home all the time! :)

neko1
04-08-2003, 05:56 AM
When we go on our honeymoon in June (2 more months...yeah!!!!) we will be leaving the kitties at home and my mother will be taking care of them. She only lives 5 minutes away so she'll be able to come and take care of them everyday.

Logan
04-08-2003, 07:19 AM
Mine usually stay at home, all of them, dogs, cats and birds. That way, they are in their familiar surroundings. I have a wonderful petsitter who comes to take care of them for me. She is a blessing!!! :)

HayleyRosie
04-08-2003, 08:03 AM
When we go to my parents house (1.5 hours away) Hayley and Mandy go with us. They love it at my parents house and they sleep in the car. We are going on vacation on the 18th of this month and they are going to stay with mom and dad. We will be gone for 10 days. I now that my parents will take care of them the best.

Aspen and Misty
04-08-2003, 05:05 PM
Our pets normally go with us. Julian Loves to go on car rides. He normally gets to sit on my lap and gets her scratches the whole way. Eventually we fall asleep :D . The rats think they are going to the pet store and just love it there, they get free yogies. :D Misty, hates cars, so normally someone will come watch her.

Ash

slick
04-08-2003, 07:15 PM
When I take vacation I never leave town so I don't have to worry about my babies. Besides, I'm always cat-sitting for someone else.

Tina
04-08-2003, 08:22 PM
If we go anywhere sometimes the dogs come along. And if they can't go my brother takes care of them. The cats,bird,guinea pig and rabbit always stay home and of course my brother watches them also.

Cincy'sMom
04-08-2003, 09:07 PM
As of now we have only left our dogs with family. If it came up that we could not, there are several people at "doggie dayschool" who dogsit. Since our girls know them well ( and Spot is getting to know them), I think we would try to find someone there to either take them, or stay here with them.