PDA

View Full Version : Young Men Like This!

jackiesdaisy1935
04-07-2003, 09:23 PM
Subject: Young Men Like This

Martin Savidge of CNN, embedded with the 1st
Marine battalion, was
talking with 4 young marines near his foxhole this
morning live on
CNN. He had been telling the story of how well the
marines had been
looking out for and taking care of him since the
war started. He went
on to tell about the many hardships the marines
had endured since the
war began and how they all look after one another.

He turned to the four and said he had cleared it
with their commanders
and they could use his video phone to call home.
The 19 year old
marine next to him asked Martin if he would allow
his platoon sergeant
to use his call to call his pregnant wife back home
whom he had not
been able to talk to in three months.

A stunned Savidge who was visibly moved by the
request shook his head
and the young Marine ran to get the sergeant.
Savidge recovered after
a few seconds and turned back to the three young
marines still sitting
with him and asked which one of them would like
to call home first,
the marine closest to him responded with out a
moments hesitation "
Sir, if is all the same to you we would like to call
the parents of a
buddy of ours, Lance Cpl Brian Buesing of Cedar
Key, Florida who was
killed on 3-23-03 near Nasiriya to see how they are
doing".

At that Martin Savidge totally broke down and was
unable to speak. All
he could get out before signing off was "Where do
they get young men
like this

Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy

iceyshiver21
04-07-2003, 09:49 PM
OMG!! That is the most beautiful and wonderful thing I have EVER seen...Im so glad some people have enough good in them to cover for the heartless ones. Thanks for sharing.

lovemyshiba
04-07-2003, 09:56 PM
Thank you for sharing.
What wonderful young men they must be indeed.

Fuzzy317
04-07-2003, 10:00 PM
America is still raising some good people, that actually care more for others than themselves. Glad to see that, thanks.

KYS
04-07-2003, 10:02 PM
Thank you for sharing Jackie,
You should have warned me this was a tissue
alert! : )

Ann
04-08-2003, 08:35 AM
Sorry to have to break it to you, but that ain't true. It's an urban legend or as I prefer to call it; "propaganda by email"

If you don't belive me, take a look here (http://www.snopes.com/glurge/savidge.php).

One of the most important things to remember during war (or when studying history) is to always question the facts. In war times, propaganda will be abundant on both sides. So it is extra important to remember that right now.

jackiesdaisy1935
04-08-2003, 09:50 AM
And is this propaganda too?

For all the free people that still protest.
You're welcome.
We protect you and you are protected by the best.
Your voice is strong and loud,
but who will fight for you? No one standing in your crowd.
We are your fathers, brothers, and sons,
wearing the boots and carrying guns.
We are the ones that leave all we own,
to make sure your future is carved in stone.
We are the ones who fight and die,
We might not be able to save the world, Well, at least we try.
We walked the paths to where we are at
and we want no choice other than that.
so when you rally your group to complain,
take a look in the back of your brain.
In order for that flag you love to fly
wars must be fought and young men must die.
We came here to fight for the ones we hold dear.
If that's not respected, we would rather stay here.
So please stop yelling, put down your signs,
and pray for those behind enemy lines.
When the conflict is over and all is well,
be thankful that we chose to go through hell.

Cpl Joshua Miles and all the boys from 3rd Batallion 2nd Marines, Kuwait

Jackie, Perry and Daisy

Dakota's Mommy
04-08-2003, 10:07 AM
Both of those were very touching! Thank you very much for sharing! It's true that many of the soldiers over there are very thoughtful like this for the people that they know and trust and work with every day. It's so touching that the world got to see that on television! It shows that these troops do care about others more than they care about themselves!

Ann
04-08-2003, 10:47 AM
jackiesdaisy1935, all I did was point out that the story was made up. If you want to think that I did it just because it was you, well, then do so. But JSYK, you'd be wrong again.

I will not respond to the other thing you posted since I feel it has no relevance to the original thread.

sammi
04-08-2003, 11:05 AM
Thanks for posting that Jackie!:)

jackiesdaisy1935
04-08-2003, 11:09 AM
Ann, JSYK I truly don't care what you think about anything I post.

tatsxxx11
04-08-2003, 11:12 AM
It might be false, but it could just as easily be true...the type of sentiment, caring and compassion characteristic of, coming naturally to, many compassionate, caring citizens of the world....including Americans!

gini
04-08-2003, 11:31 AM
From time to time I receive e-mails of stories that are not really true. If they come from someone that I know well, I will respond and "gently" try to say "gosh, it is a great story, but it isn't true."

What I try not to do is slam it in their face - and then add a lecture to the subject as well.

As Sandra has pointed out - there are so many caring and compassionate people around the world - that this story in another form could very well be true - just unsung!

Jackie, thank you!

Logan
04-08-2003, 11:45 AM
It was a nice story, Jackie, and I'm sure there are many many more like it out there that are true.

Ann, I'm glad you brought the "urban legend" to our attention, though. Otherwise, we would have never known!!! And many times, I copy and paste these things into emails to pass on to others.

Logan

lizbud
04-08-2003, 02:04 PM
Jackie,

Thank you so much for sharing this story.:)

Quote: "Ann, I'm glad you brought the "urban legend" to our attention, though. Otherwise, we would have never known!!! And many times, I copy and paste these things into emails to pass on to others.

Logan "

Yes, just think, I might have gone to my grave believing it
were a true & actual event in history, if not for some very wise
and worldly person of tender years had not pointed this out to
me. :rolleyes:

Ann
04-08-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by lizbud
Yes, just think, I might have gone to my grave believing it
were a true & actual event in history, if not for some very wise
and worldly person of tender years had not pointed this out to
me. :rolleyes:

All I did was point out that the story wasn't true. Do I deserve to be mocked and ridiculed for that? And just what has my age to do with this? Why is it that everyone always brings up age as some way of showing that a person doesn't know what he/she speaks of? IMHO, it's the other way around.

Originally posted by gini
What I try not to do is slam it in their face - and then add a lecture to the subject as well.

I fail to see how I "slammed" it in her face, or how I was "lecturing" her. I just pointed out the truth and gave the tip how you should always question the facts.

Logan
04-08-2003, 02:57 PM
I, personally, did not think you slammed Jackie at all, Ann, just brought it to our attention. Jackie is one of my best friends, and if I thought you had done one thing to "slam" her, I would have been the first to speak up!

Logan

lizbud
04-08-2003, 03:00 PM
I never argue with children......There's no point in it.;)

iceyshiver21
04-08-2003, 03:54 PM
Who cares wether or not it is real or fake.....THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE LIKE THAT.... they are caring and very nice....Some people just know whats right....it just warms the heart....

Pam
04-08-2003, 07:57 PM
Sorry Logan. You know I always agree with you, but that remark was intended as a bash. Jackie, the sentiment was beautiful just the same.

Logan
04-08-2003, 08:47 PM
I guess there is no giving anyone the benefit of doubt regarding their intentions anymore. I think that's a shame.

It was never my intent to hurt anyone's feelings or bring anyone to task over this. I appreciate it when people let me know that something I have posted or sent to them isn't accurate. It wasn't my place to thank anyone (namely Ann) for doing that, I guess, since I wasn't the one to post it to start with. And I appreciated the sentiment behind the story too, and I think Jackie knows that, regardless of whether the story was accurate or not.

I don't think I belong in this forum after all.

:(

lizbud
04-08-2003, 09:07 PM
No need to pout Logan. What was said, has been said
and I must agree with Pam on this. It was a slam .I guess I'm just not a "Harmony at any price" kind of person. I have no wish
to argue with anyone, but just cannot stomach rudeness,
especially from childen.

mugsy
04-09-2003, 02:49 AM
Once again, a positive thread bites the dust.

Jackie, I love that story. I found it uplifting.

Ann, why won't you leave well enough alone?

Soledad
04-09-2003, 03:15 AM
I can't help but wonder what this situation would look like should roles be reversed.

:rolleyes:

If you guys want positive threads (with no questions or debate), don't come to the DogHouse. We should all know by now that this is a place for contentious items. Meaning if you post something here, be aware that it could turn into a debate.

Karen
04-09-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Ann
All I did was point out that the story wasn't true. Do I deserve to be mocked and ridiculed for that? And just what has my age to do with this? Why is it that everyone always brings up age as some way of showing that a person doesn't know what he/she speaks of? IMHO, it's the other way around.

I fail to see how I "slammed" it in her face, or how I was "lecturing" her. I just pointed out the truth and gave the tip how you should always question the facts.

And I fail to see how her response merrited your retort. A little severe a reaction to a little rolleyes, isn't it?

And the page you pointed us to DOES include this:

The piece is turning up in inboxes everywhere because it captures the essence of what we most want to believe about the young Americans now serving in Iraq, that they are heroically selfless. And on this we cannot help but agree.

mugsy
04-09-2003, 08:19 AM
Karen, thank you.

Soledad, why should it HAVE to turn into debate simply because it's in the Dog House? That shouldn't have to be true unless people come here simply to be contrary.

Anyway, regardless of whether it's true or not, it's a nice STORY. I'm proud of our young men and women who are putting their lives on the line (or gave their lives in some cases) to free the Iraqi people. Way to go guys.

And for the Marines.....Semper Fi!

Ann
04-09-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by lizbud
I never argue with children......There's no point in it.;)

I'm 19. I hardly think that qualifies as a child. Even if it does; atleast I try to be mature and not base my judgments on age or other superficial reasons.

Originally posted by mugsy
Ann, why won't you leave well enough alone?

What did I do that was so bad?! I am sorry that I somehow managed to offend people but that seriously was never my intention! I just wanted to point out that this specific story was made up! Nothing else.

Pam & lizbud: How can you two be so positive that my comment was a bash/slam? I honestly think I was polite in my original reply, and you are both basing your judgments solely on the fact that you dislike me! I can't help but to feel that even if I had posted something like "what a nice story" you would have found a way to make it look bad.

Karen: I think that's unfair... I don't think I was anywhere near as rude as she was to me. But sure, whatever you say... And again, I never said that this didn't contain a grain of truth in it, nor did I ridicule it, so what has the website's quote to do with anything? All I did was point out the this specific story was made up.

jackiesdaisy1935
04-09-2003, 11:31 AM
Ann, you made your point, I don't think anybody cares.

RICHARD
04-09-2003, 12:01 PM
debunk this....

the hundreds of thousands of women and children killed from
american bombs

all the terrorist attacks that would happen because of the war

the price of gas skyrocketing

the revolt in the streets of arab countries

the months and months of war

war for oil

iraqis do not want freedom

people can debunk all the 'feel good stories' they want...
good people will admit to being pulled into a hoax.....and people who want to rain on the parade will do just that.......

my view on the whole deal?
criticize the US all you want. put down our 'foreign policy'.
talk about our leaders.......

but please don't jump on our coattails and get behind our victory,
paid for with our blood..........get your own war.

when the train leaves the station on our next 'invasion tour'
make sure you are on it from the beginning......it's just so tacky to
be against the war at the beginning and then changing the tint of your glasses afterwards...

Pam
04-09-2003, 04:26 PM
Bravo Richard! Well said. ;) Raining on a parade? - in light of today's news I don't think a thunderstorm could stop the parade! God Bless America and God Bless the UK and all of the other coalition members for what they have accomplished.

jackiesdaisy1935
04-09-2003, 05:19 PM
I agree with Pam, Bravo Richard, well said.

mugsy
04-09-2003, 08:48 PM
Looks like Richard fell off the wagon! lol

I agree Richard and like was already stated, well said.

iceyshiver21
04-09-2003, 09:15 PM
Well Said RICHARD

its good to have you back.

KYS
04-09-2003, 11:09 PM
Richard, It's not Thurday yet!! :D

gini
04-09-2003, 11:16 PM
Yeah, but it is less than three hours away West Coast time.........let's cut him some slack:D :D :D

catland
04-10-2003, 11:44 AM
OK Richard, now that it really is Thursday, would you like to tell us how you really feel?

Don't hold back like you did yesterday.;)

RICHARD
04-10-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by catland
OK Richard, now that it really is Thursday, would you like to tell us how you really feel?

Don't hold back like you did yesterday.;)

i have a freedom hangover...

since the topic is 'youngsters'.....

i saw a pic of a prostester with a HUGE welt on her neck....i found the story of what happened...seems like a bunch of people were
protesting in Oakland, CA..seems like they were trying to stop shipments from going to iraq....the cops shot at them with rubber bullets, wood bullets and sting grenades when they were pelted with bottles and sticks.......

i had a huge laugh about that....

in 20 years two people will be sitting at the bar talking about
the 2003 iraq war. one will say to the other, I was shot in the leg defending my country......the second, in a moment of HUGE BRAVADO AND PRIDE will say, " i was shot in the back..."

the first will inquire, "was it a sniper????"

"no, it was a rubber bullet, i got shot running away from the cops after i was throwing sh*t at them...."

it's all a matter of perspective..

yorkster
04-11-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by KYS
Richard, It's not Thurday yet!! :D

Okay, I know I'm sort of a late arrival here in the 'dog house', BUT what is all this Thusday talk about Richard?
:confused:

yorkster
04-11-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Logan
I, personally, did not think you slammed Jackie at all, Ann, just brought it to our attention. Jackie is one of my best friends, and if I thought you had done one thing to "slam" her, I would have been the first to speak up!

Logan

yorkster:
I agree with Logan on this one :)

Lizbud:
No need to pout Logan. What was said, has been said
and I must agree with Pam on this. It was a slam .I guess I'm just not a "Harmony at any price" kind of person. I have no wish
to argue with anyone, but just cannot stomach rudeness,
especially from childen.

yorkster:
Jeez, what is this, pick on Logan night?

Pam
04-11-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by yorkster
[
yorkster:
Jeez, what is this, pick on Logan night? [/B]

I certainly am not "picking" on Logan. I am just posting my opinion. As far as I know that is allowed. :)

Logan
04-11-2003, 07:15 AM
Pam is absolutely correct in that we can express our opinions openly here, without fear that we are going to be chastized. We simply disagreed on Ann's approach. I'm over it, with no hard feelings toward anyone. :)

sammi
04-11-2003, 09:32 AM
I don't think anyone meant to pick on Logan. She is one of the outstanding members here - and I think she can handle her own battles if any would arise. Why bring this up again?

jackiesdaisy1935
04-11-2003, 09:47 AM
Logan and Pam are two of my best friends in and out of Pettalk, we may sometimes have different opinions, but we always respect that person's right to say what she thinks, it does not affect our friendship. Logan said what she thought and so did everyone else, what is the problem with that? I don't think we need to defend Logan, she pretty much can take care of herself. LOL

RICHARD
04-11-2003, 11:26 AM
Okay, I know I'm sort of a late arrival here in the 'dog house', BUT what is all this Thusday talk about Richard?
:confused:

i decided to make thursday "Ladies Day" here on PT..

All ladies get to post for FREE!!!!!:)

(no it was the end of my self imposed exile...long story.....)

thanks!

joycenalex
04-11-2003, 11:34 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RICHARD
[B]i decided to make thursday "Ladies Day" here on PT..

HEY!!! if it's ladies day, doesn't RICHARD owe us all a 1/2 price ladies drink ?:D :cool: :D

RICHARD
04-11-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by joycenalex
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RICHARD
[B]i decided to make thursday "Ladies Day" here on PT..

HEY!!! if it's ladies day, doesn't RICHARD owe us all a 1/2 price ladies drink ?:D :cool: :D

name your poison......;)

catland
04-11-2003, 12:13 PM
Darn. It's already Friday :confused:

yorkster
04-11-2003, 03:57 PM
I guess there is no giving anyone the benefit of doubt regarding their intentions anymore. I think that's a shame.

It was never my intent to hurt anyone's feelings or bring anyone to task over this. I appreciate it when people let me know that something I have posted or sent to them isn't accurate. It wasn't my place to thank anyone (namely Ann) for doing that, I guess, since I wasn't the one to post it to start with. And I appreciated the sentiment behind the story too, and I think Jackie knows that, regardless of whether the story was accurate or not.

I don't think I belong in this forum after all.

I guess that was the post that made feel a little bad for Logan.
(and someone telling her not to 'pout')

It was (more) a joke in an attempt to lighten the situation up just a bit. :confused:

It had all started to get a little heated (at Ann & Logan) again.
I have a tendency to root for the underdog, and that seems to be a bad thing to do here.

I'm sorry to lizbud and Pam if I offended you, but what did I do? :confused:

And Logan , my intentions were good, but I guess I offended you also. I'm sorry that I interfered on your behalf.

So now I feel bad. I just don't get it I guess.............:(

gini
04-11-2003, 04:08 PM
Aww, come on you guys - it is Friday!!! We all need to lighten up and let things rest!

Besides - next Thursday will roll around again soon - and it is Ladie's Day at Richard's (can we call him Dick yet?) I hear the drinks are on him!:D :D

RICHARD
04-11-2003, 04:23 PM
Aww, come on you guys - it is Friday!!! We all need to lighten up and let things rest!

Besides - next Thursday will roll around again soon - and it is Ladie's Day at Richard's (can we call him Dick yet?) I hear the drinks are on him!:D :D

the line in the song goes

"i forsee terrible trouble, but i stay here just the same...."

lololol

call me anything you want, just dont call me late for dinner....

;)

iceyshiver21
04-11-2003, 04:41 PM
ya know, I think about it there is like one male on here for every 200 females, those are not exact amounts but close enough lets see we have(for males)-
RICHARD
Paul
Mr. Coral...any more??:confused:

mugsy
04-11-2003, 05:54 PM
Yeah and Mike left too....hmmm....we need to recruit more males.

Richard...I have my order in for next Thursday's ladies' night for my 1/2 price drink....I want a Mexican Coffee (Cuervo, coffee, Kahula, and cream)

gini
04-11-2003, 06:19 PM
Mr. Phred is going to be mighty angry about being ignored on the male list............

And what about Randi's husband - John?

See "Rickie" you weren't the first one to jump in head first into this batch of females!

RICHARD
04-11-2003, 06:31 PM

See "Rickie" you weren't the first one to jump in head first into this batch of females!

and live to tell about it?????

all the other guys are awfully quiet

:eek:

where do you hide the bodies????

lol

catland
04-11-2003, 06:44 PM
Don't forget Wayne.

Rick - do you mind if I call you Rick? I have a brother named Richard and I always call him Rick - the only ones that ever call him "Ricky" are family relatives who don't recognize that the guy is 50!:eek:

Anyway, Rick - I'd like a Corona.:D

iceyshiver21
04-12-2003, 12:51 AM
RICHARD
Paul
Mr. Coral
John?
Phred(how could I forget??[DUH KATIE!!*hits self in head])
Wayne

iceyshiver21
04-12-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
where do you hide the bodies????

Ya know Mugsy has 20 dogs, and I bet if they really work together they could make a big hole, large enough to fit a..........mmmmm leave the mind to think......

Im going to bed now so I will not turn the PT memebers brains to mush with my stupidity :D

mugsy
04-12-2003, 03:10 AM
icey, you've obviously made a trip to Indiana and have seen our backyard, which has had a religious experience because it is truly "holy."

Cincy'sMom
04-12-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by mugsy
icey, you've obviously made a trip to Indiana and have seen our backyard, which has had a religious experience because it is truly "holy."

:D

I missed that drinks were being passed around...
For next Thursday I think iId like a Jack and Coke

And as for males on the board, although he doesn't post too often Ralph (Sadie'sDad) is usually lurking around....

Cincy'sMom
04-12-2003, 08:42 AM
I thought of another male, although again nota frequent poster, but bnormal is a guy...

mugsy
04-12-2003, 09:30 AM
Mike lurks, he just won't post, and officially he's still here! :)

Don't forget Fuzzy317 too.

iceyshiver21
04-12-2003, 10:58 AM
RICHARD
Paul
Mr. Coral
John?
Phred
Wayne
Sadie'sDad
bnormal
Fuzzy317
Mike

RICHARD
04-13-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by iceyshiver21
Ya know Mugsy has 20 dogs, and I bet if they really work together they could make a big hole, large enough to fit a..........mmmmm leave the mind to think......

Im going to bed now so I will not turn the PT memebers brains to mush with my stupidity :D

you know......i think i have found my replacement/stand in...

lol

(it has nothing to do with being stupid.....it's called creative analysis....)

p.s. WHY does MY name have to be on top of the list??
arrange us by height or age..........i drop to the back of the
line....

sammi
04-13-2003, 12:09 PM
Quote Richard: p.s. WHY does MY name have to be on top of the list??
arrange us by height or age..........i drop to the back of the
line....

Did you notice its all in CAPS????? LOL:p :D :p

gini
04-13-2003, 12:12 PM
Something is unclear here, Richard.......are you just short or are you just young?:D :D :D

RICHARD
04-13-2003, 12:33 PM
Something is unclear here, Richard.......are you just short or are you just young?:D :D :D

too tall to be/do the things i wanted to in life!
and too old to think about them anymore...

lol....

tall and old? the worst thing about being tall is you know about rain and falling objects long before anyone else.

mugsy
04-13-2003, 07:17 PM
Well Richard at least being tall means that the raindrops don't hit your head with quite as much force as they do the shorter people!:D ;) :p

Logan
04-15-2003, 07:14 PM
And Logan , my intentions were good, but I guess I offended you also. I'm sorry that I interfered on your behalf.

I've been gone since Friday and I just saw this. Please know that you did NOT offend me at all, in fact I appreciated your standing up for me. I just wanted you to know that I was ok and not upset with anyone. :) I hope everything is fine with everyone now!!! :D

yorkster
04-15-2003, 08:56 PM
I've been gone since Friday and I just saw this. Please know that you did NOT offend me at all, in fact I appreciated your standing up for me. I just wanted you to know that I was ok and not upset with anyone. :) I hope everything is fine with everyone now!!! :D

Thanks Logan ;)

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'm fine!
Even Richard and I are getting along :rolleyes: ...............he's a funny guy, and that always makes things better in my opinion :D
(even if i don't always agree, hee-hee-hee)

iceyshiver21
04-15-2003, 09:34 PM
It was at the top of the list because RICHARD and Paul are the first males that come to mind.....
As for the ALL CAPS...I try and copy their s/n exactly because I dont know I just all ways do that, for the hard names I copy/paste! :p :D :p :D

Paul
Mr. Coral
John?
Phred
Wayne
Sadie'sDad
bnormal
Fuzzy317
Mike
RICHARD(better?)

RICHARD
04-16-2003, 12:42 PM
Thanks Logan ;)

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'm fine!
Even Richard and I are getting along :rolleyes: ...............he's a funny guy, and that always makes things better in my opinion :D
(even if i don't always agree, hee-hee-hee)

lol

Logan
04-16-2003, 12:48 PM
You are a funny guy, Richard, and I am happy to read all of your posts!! I don't always catch on, immediately, but that's ok....my brain cells don't work as quickly as I would like them to!!! But I "get" you, in general, and completely agree with Yorkster!!! :D

Is your head swelling yet????

RICHARD
04-16-2003, 01:04 PM

Is your head swelling yet????

i already have water on the brain....

Cincy'sMom
04-16-2003, 04:12 PM
Only seven hours til Thursday (at least on the East Coast)...got the bar stacked Richard?

yorkster
04-16-2003, 04:38 PM
Thursday.................. I keep it pretty simple: a good microbrew would suffice :cool:

babolaypo65
04-16-2003, 04:40 PM
A microbrew, yes, I agree. Thursdays are good here at pettalk.

richard: are you sure you're old enough to serve alcohol??? lol:p

RICHARD
04-16-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Only seven hours til Thursday (at least on the East Coast)...got the bar stacked Richard?

yes.ma'am.....

york....
i am carding so you better have some I.D. ready;) :D

yorkster
04-16-2003, 04:42 PM

york....
i am carding so you better have some I.D. ready;) :D

Thank you!!!
I just LOVE to be carded these days :D

mugsy
04-16-2003, 05:10 PM
It is Friday and I'm waiting for my Mexican Coffee buddy! lol

iceyshiver21
04-16-2003, 05:17 PM
Would i at least get a Shirley temple?

RICHARD
04-16-2003, 07:28 PM
Would i at least get a Shirley temple?

i'm positive!!!!! double cherries for you!!

...but only if you remind mugsy that it's only wednesday! lol

tomorrow is thursday ladies.....talk to you then!

old enough???? why thank you!!!!!

mugsy
04-16-2003, 08:15 PM
Dang that's right, I have to go to school tomorrow.:p

iceyshiver21
04-16-2003, 09:46 PM
me too. Only I sit there and you have the fun of teaching :( I dont have school Friday though!!!:D :D

mugsy
04-17-2003, 08:26 AM
Actually, I have a student teacher!! lol We don't have school tomorrow either. I'm getting too used to these 4 day weeks!

iceyshiver21
04-17-2003, 01:21 PM
that would be nice we're about to kill each other over here, we havnt had a day off since like christmas...:(

RICHARD
04-17-2003, 02:32 PM
that would be nice we're about to kill each other over here, we havnt had a day off since like christmas...:(

the last time i had one week off was april two years ago.....

i wouldn't know what a day looks like

iceyshiver21
04-17-2003, 08:25 PM
the last time i had one week off was april two years ago.....

i wouldn't know what a day looks like

WOW!! I would not last.....I would be worse then too very grumpy old guys.....but I think the school board is figguring this out because on monday we get to have a "Spring Fling Rally" another excuse for the cheerleaders to be ditzy. :rolleyes: But we get to have a dogde ball fight with the teachers I know a few Id like to get even with....well nevermind just one. But I prolly wont. Oh well Ill stay hopeful! :D