PDA

View Full Version : Oops! Real Poll....

CatLover03
04-07-2003, 03:47 PM
Sorry, I accidently hit the button twice. Here's the REAL poll. Sorry to those of you who read the other one.

NoahsMommy
04-07-2003, 04:08 PM
Noah James: hubby and I both decided on Noah. My hubby wanted to name him after Jimmy Buffett, so I picked James. ;)

Noel Joy: I picked Noel, cause we got her close to Christmas. Joy was another bible themed name.

Basil Nathaniel: I picked Basil and his middle name.

Olivia Eve: I picked both, I love the name Olivia and Eve was our bible name.

Micah Jacob: Auntie Staci (Shais_mom) and Auntie Naomi (Nommilyn) came up with these ones...two bible names in one!! :D

aly
04-07-2003, 04:23 PM
Well, I thought looooooong and hard about it and was very close to naming her Shadowe when Shiloh just popped into my head. So I guess 2 answers apply to me.

NoahsMommy
04-07-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by aly
when Shiloh just popped into my head.
I LOVE the name Shiloh Aly!!! Especially for a black cat....gorgeous!!! :)

veegan
04-07-2003, 04:36 PM
well for felix I wanted a very fitting, unique, and special name! so I thought about it for a long time. one day when I was looking in the dictionary to maybe get some ideas, I was looking up 'feline' when I saw the name 'felix'. the definition is 'happy' and so I thought it was quite fitting because he was always happy to see me when I visited him at the clinic before we took him home. :) and he still is always happy to see me. :) plus its just a good name. lol So, it had nothing to do with the cartoon felix the cat. ;) Then with Felicity, since she was originally my mom's cat, my mom named her. She decided on Felicity because its the girl version of Felix. I think its fitting. :D

AmberLee
04-07-2003, 05:54 PM
Olivia came pre-named in honor of my parent's previous tabby, Oliver. Shortly after she arrived, she confided to me that her REAL name was Lady Olivia d'Flufferuni. It fits her.

:p :rolleyes: :D

My males' names were ... different. A friend mentioned years ago that if/when she ever got another cat she'd name it Perspicacity and nickname it Cassy. I thought this was charming and kept it in the back of my mind for years. Somewhere along the way "Cassy and Sassy" came to mind. Whenever the subjects of cats came up, I'd mention that I wasn't allowed pets in my apartment, but when I could I would have two cats and name them Cassy and Sassy. I got a LOT of razzing from buddies about the names with no cats. Eventually I was able to buy a condo and when things settled slightly I started buying pet supplies for Cassy and Sassy (Perspicacity and Sassafras Root). In the pet supply store, there was a sign about gray tabby kittens free to a good home that would be available to take home on the day before my birthday. There were Cassy and Sassy!!! I had trouble deciding which boy was which -- but finally decided that the first lad to leap out of their carrying case was Sassy. The rest is history. ;)

Oh, Cassy's middle name "Purrsonality" came when he was several weeks old, one of those 'revelation' moments that come with cats, if you are lucky.

04-08-2003, 03:52 AM
Two answers for me too!!
In Maya's case, I thought hard about it too, but then the name just "popped"into my head, and bingo!!!
Inka's name was chosen by my daughter Indra.

Barbara
04-08-2003, 04:39 AM
I knew from the beginning that Tigris would be a hunk of a cat and that he had some tabby stripes. But I did not want to call him Tiger because I thought it was not special enough.

So I called him Tigris after the now *sigh* too well known river because whether you believe it or not: in that time Bagdad for me was mainly the city of Thousand and one night. And of course Tigris wants to distance himself from the government that is there now. He says that he would have been the lap cat of the harem ladies, snacking on sweet and fatty delicate little things:D

Filou was called Solo by the breeder because he was a single child. I found the name sad because he should never be alone. So I wanted a name that was not too different from sound and thought of Minou which is French for "little tomcat". But the breeder said from his character Filou would be better (it means "little rascal") and here we go;).

neko1
04-08-2003, 05:34 AM
Neko we named together. (it means cat in japanese)
Cookie we also named together while we were eating breakfast at ihop. It was either gonna be cookie or oreo (i know i know real original!!!)
Pumpkin was named by a customer at the photo store I worked at when I was in college. I brought her in to spend the day with me. The only other name I was thinking about was cinnamon. (my stuffed animal orange kitty is now named cinnamon!!)
I named Tama after the cat in Fushigi Yugi.

HayleyRosie
04-08-2003, 06:00 AM
Well two answers can apply to me. I thought long and hard about a good name. In the end it was my husband to named them. Maybe I was taking too long. I love the names Hayley and Mandy so it worked out great!:)