PDA

View Full Version : why do we....

iwuvsmypuppy
04-06-2003, 09:01 PM
i was looking at a thread the other day about abused dogs and started thinking.. why do we post these? everybody here knows it goes on.. is it to make us feel even more sorry??

just wondering and i am not expecting many replies but..:( :rolleyes:

iceyshiver21
04-06-2003, 09:59 PM
I know its a sad thing to post about and to talk about, but all things must be surfaced, even if they arnt bright and beautiful like we want them to be. As a young kid I was not really aware that people could be so cruel and heartless, I thought everyone was caring and couldnt figure out who wouldnt love to hug a puppy, or play with I fuzzy bunny. Then sometime between then and now I realized that they world has a handful of people that when it came to passing out kindness they got the crumbs.

I think it needs to be talked about, even if it isnt the best :(

mugsy
04-07-2003, 10:38 AM
I would say that is because people want to have people try to effect a change in animal abuse cases. I don't read them because I get too upset, but I just don't open them.

iwuvsmypuppy
04-07-2003, 03:56 PM
well still....i dont know i guess i was just curious b/c we DO know it happens everybody here loves their pet and we hate the abuse so is it for sympathy?:confused:

iceyshiver21
04-07-2003, 04:15 PM
No its for support....

sammi
04-07-2003, 07:52 PM
People don't post on here about animal abuse for sympathy. Or do you mean to get sympathy for the abused animals?

Hundreds of people besides those who post on here read the messages. And no, not everyone is aware of the abuse. Until I got on the internet I had no idea how bad it was. So this board can be a teaching tool - that doesn't mean everyone needs to read all the detail or look at all the pictures. But by posting abuse stories (some with very happy endings) it keeps us aware and able to keep getting the message out:)

iceyshiver21
04-07-2003, 09:17 PM
I subscribe to an Abuse website that everytime a major case comes out I'm sent a email, talking about it and a letter where I can wright to.

iwuvsmypuppy
04-08-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by sammi
People don't post on here about animal abuse for sympathy. Or do you mean to get sympathy for the abused animals?

Hundreds of people besides those who post on here read the messages. And no, not everyone is aware of the abuse. Until I got on the internet I had no idea how bad it was. So this board can be a teaching tool - that doesn't mean everyone needs to read all the detail or look at all the pictures. But by posting abuse stories (some with very happy endings) it keeps us aware and able to keep getting the message out:)
GOTCHA!!! thanx and i meant sympathy for the animals:( poor guys/gals

wolfsoul
04-08-2003, 06:55 PM
I know that MOST people here know about the abuse going on, but we can't say that everyone does. I mean, not everyone will read that abuse posts, and not everyone watches the news. Some may know alot about animals, but abuse isn't always something that comes to mind. I think it's moreso for educational purposes, and sharing stories to strengthen us by showing how great we are to our animals. Also, sometimes they are stories that have a turn-around ending. It may start out as abuse, and become a truly happy conclusion, like an ending adoption. So sometimes we read for pleasure, knowing that a new set of animals have gotten good homes. :)

Just my opinion