PDA

View Full Version : Web Page Editor?

Freckles
04-06-2003, 08:05 PM
Friday evening and all day Saturday I attended a weekend class at a local community college titled "Beginning Web Publishing". Trust me, it will be a long time before I move out of "Beginning".

Our class used WebExpress 3.0 as the web page editor? Are you familiar with that? What web editor do you use and/or recommend? Any advice is appreciated.

slleipnir
04-06-2003, 08:12 PM
I heard of Frontpage express, but never used it..I just use notepad and make all my own html..guess I'm too lazy for a program :x lol

Freckles
04-06-2003, 08:32 PM
I'm taking a weekend class on HTML at the end of April.

Tina
04-06-2003, 09:35 PM
We use frontpage, I thought it was going to be hard but it is not that bad.

Former User
04-07-2003, 01:30 AM
We're using Dreamweaver. I heard that Frontpage adds lots of un-needed tags in your sites and makes everything look "messy" (I mean behind there with the tags etc.).

Kater
04-07-2003, 01:42 AM
I've taken one beginners class in Dreamweaver here at the University. It seems so much easier than HTML! I'm glad they have it for people like me, hehe. I haven't heard of WebExpress though, sorry.

04-07-2003, 02:35 AM
I use Microsoft frontpage, and I am very happy with it so far!! No messy situations here:D :D :D

Randi
04-07-2003, 03:03 AM
I was using FrontPage which is OK, but since I've been on a GoLive course, I much prefer that! :) Have never heard of Web Express.

It's a good idea to learn some html as well. Good luck! :)

Kfamr
04-07-2003, 05:01 AM
I use whatever Audrey uses lmao.... I have no idea what it/s called. :confused: It confuses me all lmao:eek:

2kitties
04-07-2003, 09:12 AM
I use only Macromedia products. Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Flash are wonderful editors. You're right about Frontpage. It is a good program and is very user-friendly, but it does include some messy tags that will require some HTML editing. I have a friend who does it all in GoLive (Adobe) and her sites do not cross platform very well. I don't know if that's her fault or the softwares, but it's always a pain for her.

Freckles
04-08-2003, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the replies. They are helpful.

Anyone else have something to add to this topic??