PDA

View Full Version : Help My Gerbil.

tikeyas_mom
04-06-2003, 02:46 PM
I got my gerbil from a pet store, he was housed alone. He is lop sided. He cant stand on his hind legs for to long and when he trys to he falls on his side. He always has his side of his head resting on the tank side. cuz it is like he cant support his own heads weight. :eek:

:(. What is wrong with him. I got him yesterday, should I bring him back to the store and complain? HELP!! what could be wronge with my lil Sager? :( :eek:

Jessica12345
04-06-2003, 02:53 PM
definately bring him to the vet! poor guy!:( :( :eek: :( :(

tikeyas_mom
04-06-2003, 03:01 PM
Ok I'll call them asap. and see if they know how to deal with the health of gerbils. :(. Poor guy.

RockyRoad
04-06-2003, 03:05 PM
I've never had that happen to me before, but I do think that maybe he should be checked out by a vet. Perhaps he has a broken leg? His leg could have got caught in something, like an exercise wheel. I don't think comlaining to the store would really help. Why don't you ask them if they've seen him behaving like the way you are discribing? That may help.
Best of luck to you.

tikeyas_mom
04-06-2003, 03:05 PM
Non of the vets are open today/... :(

tikeyas_mom
04-06-2003, 03:08 PM
His leg could have got caught in something, like an exercise wheel.

His wheel is fixed, meaning it has card board running through the metal wires. :) It isnt from his wheel, He deosnt even run on it, I took it out today because he doesnt use it.

He didnt have an exercise wheel in his cage at the store I got him from. So that couldent be it. It isnt his leg because his legs are fine he thumps and digs and everything.

Maybe his last owner droped him on a hard wood floor or something?? :confused: :eek:

it is like he is mentally disabled..

tikeyas_mom
04-06-2003, 03:15 PM
I just phoned the pet store and asked if he was acting odd. they said they didnt know and to call back tomorrow and talk to the manager Vikki! from 8-3? I will be at school .... My mom will be at work and my dad will be at work as well. I dont know what I am gunna do. She aksed if I wanted to take him back and I said No. I am gunna talk to the manager and tell them that I want a free vet check for selling me a sick animal. They have a vet in there store.

RockyRoad
04-06-2003, 03:23 PM
Maybe his last owner droped him on a hard wood floor or something??:confused: :eek:

That could be it. Maybe something like that did happen. :(
Or maybe he is a little 'slow'??

Poor boy, hope you figure out what is wrong.

iwuvsmypuppy
04-06-2003, 05:10 PM
aaawww... you really should talk to the vet he knows you love him so whatever you do let it be for him:(

tikeyas_mom
04-06-2003, 05:11 PM
I really hope he'll be ok :(

wolfsoul
04-06-2003, 05:29 PM
Oh nO! :(

It sounds to me like an ear infection. When they tilt their head, that's what it usually means. You should go to the petshop and buy some tylan and tang and put it in his water. If you don't treat it, his head will be tilted for life, or he could die :eek:

I hope he gets better :( Will you take him to the vet tomorrow?

cali
04-10-2003, 11:47 AM
ok somthing wrong with his ear. the same thing happend to squeaks he nicked his ear on a protrding nail that we did not notice, this affected his brain making him lopsided. most likly somthing messed up the one side of his brain and that is what happend I am afraid their is nothing you can do about it. squeeks lived out hi slife but died sooner then he should have :( just giv ehim lots of loving and he will be fine:D

tikeyas_mom
04-10-2003, 02:49 PM
i am taing Sage to the vet next friday,, :) I am going to get meds and help from a trained person in this kinda stuff.