PDA

View Full Version : Hair!

iceyshiver21
04-06-2003, 11:24 AM
What color is everyones hair and how long is it??

I used to have really long hair but I got it cut in 7th grade and now I got i layered. Ill find PICS! AHH!

Jessica12345
04-06-2003, 11:26 AM
mine is dirty blonde... but i also have blonde highlights. its a little past my armpitts and is rounded around my face:) my moms a hair dresser... so she is constantly trying to do stuff to it:rolleyes: lol:D

Andie
04-06-2003, 11:38 AM
I have Dirty blonde hair that is just past the bottom of my shoulder blades.

iceyshiver21
04-06-2003, 11:45 AM
heres some pictures of when I got it cut

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid58/p4b0c4596c2ad3f5a620b57e760b78916/fc6269a1.jpg
No theres not two of me, I was just to lazy to scan two pictures :p

heres when I got it layered-
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid58/p685abf83b323ef32332edd45ff5d93bd/fc62699f.jpg

iceyshiver21
04-06-2003, 11:47 AM
Heres a sixth grade pic at a Concert with my trumpet!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid58/pd5c0e42f5337d137a072af01bcbdd402/fc6269a0.jpg

jenluckenbach
04-06-2003, 01:11 PM
color: brown, medium to dark and starting to grey (a little)
length: SHORT !!!!!
Texture: thick and straight
But it has been as long as icyshivers' and even longer, but it has been getting shorter all the time. LOL

iceyshiver21
04-06-2003, 01:11 PM
I dont know why I cut it.....But I gave it to Cancer Patiants so that was good. :D

Tina
04-06-2003, 01:19 PM
My hair use to be half way down my back about 2 years ago. My natural hair color is dark brown and it has natural curl some. Now it is about down to my shoulders and I colored it like a blondeish looking color. I can't wait for my hair to grow back. I hate having such short hair. I chopped it up to ears back in November.

Andie
04-06-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I'm confused. How would hair help cancer patients? :confused:

There is an organization that takes hair (usually has to be 6 in or more) and makes wigs for cancer paitients that have lost (or are loosing) their hair because of their treatments. I thought about doing that when I cut my hair about ten years ago (they cut about 12 in off - it was real long and I got it cut to my ears).

All Creatures Great And Small
04-06-2003, 01:39 PM
(PCB - they use human hair to make natural-looking wigs for chemotherapy patients who have lost their hair.)

I think you look good either way, Icey! I know that the long hair is pretty high maintenance - I used to have long straight hair when I was young, but it was fairly thin. If I had long, thick hair, I would have had to take a long time to dry it! Now I have chin-to-shoulder length medium brown hair (depending on how long ago I got a trim ;)), straight as a stick but I curve it under with a round brush at the ends, and I have goofy little bangs at the front - I would like to grow them out, but my daughter says I have a "melon-head" forehead that should stay hidden! :p :D

popcornbird
04-06-2003, 01:41 PM
ACGAS, it takes my hair HOURS to dry! And it is of course harder to take care of, but I love long hair and wouldn't cut my hair short for the world. ;) My friends would never leave me alone!

RockyRoad
04-06-2003, 01:57 PM
My hair? One word -- gross. :p
I always use gell and water to keep it down duing pictures, because it's sooo frizzy!! I have shoulder-length dark brown hair. I always have it up, except in pictures because I get too scared I'd look like a boy. Oh yeah, and I'm just beginning to grow out my bangs, so that improves things a lot. :rolleyes: (Seeing as I was the only girl in the school with bangs, I had to grow them out) ;)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
04-06-2003, 02:25 PM
Brown hair with blonde highlights. It used to be over a foot, but I got it cut over the summer. I think they said they cut off a foot and donated it to charity.

HoRsELUvR
04-06-2003, 04:20 PM
My hair is ash blonde, sometimes with blue or red in it.it is a little past my shoulders.
Popcornbird-thanks for the tip.My hair can get really frizzy.

KYS
04-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by iceyshiver21
I dont know why I cut it.....But I gave it to Cancer Patiants so that was good. :D >>>>>>

iceyshiver, I am so proud of you.
That was such a giving gift. You should
feel very good that you helped others. :)

(My hair is brown and medium length.)

The Cat Factory
04-06-2003, 04:44 PM
My hair is down to my butt, and it's drak brown and curly :)

Karen
04-06-2003, 05:32 PM
Brown, wavyish (depending on how humid it is outside) and too long right now. It's about to the bottom of my shoulder blades in back, but in the front my "bangs" are down past my nose, (I've got a couple layers on the sides/front) so it's past time to get it chopped off!

http://www.locksoflove.org/ is the organization to which long hair can be donated when it's cut off, there's lots of info on their website.

RockyRoad
04-06-2003, 05:41 PM
When I cut my hair a few years ago, I donated it to Locks of Love.:)

PCB- Thanks for the tip! I'll have to try it tonight. :D

iceyshiver21
04-06-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by KYS

iceyshiver, I am so proud of you.
That was such a giving gift. You should
feel very good that you helped others. :)

The lady who cut my hair was the same person who gave me my very first haircut :D She annouced it to everyone in the place, it was kinda cool the took before and after pictures too, but I dont have them.

Crikit
04-06-2003, 07:03 PM
Hmm well my hair is brown, but it has natural highlights in it almost everycolor if I remember correctly. Also depending on the time of year and how much time I've spent outside it will sometimes get lighter.

I keep it short though, usually just above my ears. Mainly because I can't be bothered to do anything with it when it gets long, plus when it gets to a certain length I get ringlets which everyone wants to play with. At the moment though it's in the stage that I like but that my mom just hates, it's just getting in to the shaggy stage...I'll get a hair cut before the summer though, I don't like hair on the back of my neck when it's hot..just ads to the heat.

iceyshiver21
04-06-2003, 07:05 PM
When I cut my hair I found somthing out- I HAVE VERY VERY CURLY HAIR and it is so stinkin thick!

lovemyshiba
04-06-2003, 07:21 PM
Icyshiver--very cool of you to give your hair to cancer patients--what a big heart you have.
My hair is supposed to be brown, but I color it all the time. It's light brown, with blonde highlights now, summertime I will probably go lighter---and it is ridiculously fine and thin:rolleyes:

iceyshiver21
04-06-2003, 07:30 PM
My mom thinks that is funny that me and Annie have the same reddish brown hair now. :D Its kinda cool, sometimes the judges will look at my hair and then Annies, and Smile, not often do you color cordinate to your dog. :D

Cataholic
04-06-2003, 10:14 PM
Brown, with highlights, fairly straight, and fairly long.

FLS- I suggest you use a bit of conditioner- like less than a dime size, and apply it to your hair after you get out of the shower. I don't know about the olive oil thing for most caucasians....I think it might make your hair flat, and leave a build-up(not to mention clogging pores, leaving a mark on your pillow case, couch, smell, etc. ). They do make leave in conditioner....I use it...and it is specially formulated for dry hair, but, not heavy. Just a thought.

Soledad
04-06-2003, 10:24 PM
Medium length, dark brown and extremely curly! But I straighten it out with a curling iron, bizarrely enough.

I will try the olive oil thing. I have heard about it in Cosmo and a few other mags. They're starting to make hair products with olive oil in them. And if you're interested in coconut oil, The Body Shop has a great smelling coconut oil glosser.

Twisterdog
04-06-2003, 10:47 PM
When I was in college, my hair was way past my butt, I could easily sit on it.

Now it's about shoulder length. I'm growing out my bangs ... for the first time in about 25 years! We'll see ... I'll probably hate it.

My hair is medium/dark brown, with a little natural wave to it. I also have a white steak in my bangs ... which my mom has always hated, but I think it's pretty cool.

Andie
04-07-2003, 10:47 AM
All this talk about growing out bangs reminds me, I need to get mine cut. I'm starting to resemble a sheepdog. LOL And need to hide this forehead of mine!

Logan
04-07-2003, 11:43 AM
I LOVE long hair and my Helen has beautiful brown, long hair. It is almost to her waist. She keeps it in a pony tail most of the time, but that's ok, it's a beautiful pony tail! I told her that as long as I'm paying, she won't be getting it cut off!!! Plus, experience tells me that she would regret it terribly if she ever did.

As I have gotten older :o mine has gone from straight to being very wavy. Could it be because I am 75% gray?? I'm not letting the gray show, though, so I am my natural brown, and my hair is growing....no bangs, just a little layering in the front. It is hanging on my shoulders now, and I'm planning to let it get a little longer, but not too long for an old lady!!! :)

04-07-2003, 12:06 PM
My hair is dark brown, and several grey hairs on my temples. My eyes are blue-grey, rather unusual for a brown-haired. I wear my hair in a pony-tail; as a child it was always short and cut like a boy:eek: :eek: ! My mom said my hair would be nice and thick later. First thin I did after my marriage, is let my hair grow:D :D :D

Edwina's Secretary
04-07-2003, 12:47 PM
Away.....

I had hair like this!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pd6dc63827e3bc1d7d68fec2d0efcf3c3/fc6ecdb4.jpg

(in helping my parents get ready to move from the house in which I grew up....have found many old photos!)

Logan
04-07-2003, 01:00 PM
I knew I liked you, Popcornbird, before I knew you had long hair!!! :) But, like I said, I LOVE long hair!!

And Sara!! Wow!!! Yours was very long!!! What a terrific picture!!! :)

Aspen and Misty
04-07-2003, 01:37 PM
My hair at the moment is back to its natural color, Dirty Blonde, I just recently got 7 inches cut off of my hair, so its only past my shoulder now :( I kinda miss those 7 inches, hee hee

Ash

weiner_teddy
04-07-2003, 04:37 PM
I have light brown hair with blonde highlights, and I did have my hair down below my shoulders, but now I got it cut and layered.

iceyshiver21
04-07-2003, 04:40 PM
I felt like naked with out my hair!!(when I cut it) When I would go to wash it it felt so wierd! :eek: :eek: My dad just looked and looked....He didnt like it, AT ALL!!

kingrattus
04-07-2003, 04:44 PM
2001 & my hair still looks like this, & some times its even shorter

shais_mom
04-08-2003, 01:09 AM
I have short hair, thick, with natural wave and it is whatever color is on the box!!!:o

shais_mom
04-08-2003, 01:11 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid51/pcefad79dbe5d3c9fb3d67bbfe7a82d3e/fc9dec77.jpg

wolf_Q
04-08-2003, 01:26 AM
My hair is pretty boring. I wash it, dry it, brush it, and part it. That's about it. ;) It's pretty long, and actually, it's been several inches longer then it is now. Usually I have some light highlights right by my face, but I haven't done that in a while and it's getting dark.

I guess I should cut it short sometime but I've never had the guts to. Everyone tells me I should. *sigh*
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid58/p150f71975cd18e3973d824dea6acb7e0/fc62c818.jpg

popcornbird
04-08-2003, 01:35 AM
Amy, your hair is beautiful! DON'T cut it! It looks good on you that way! ;);)

04-08-2003, 04:08 AM
sara, your hair was great then; but to tell the truth, I like you much much more with your short "coupe"!! Is very distinguished, just like lady Edwina, he he!

apcrs5122
04-08-2003, 12:58 PM
My hair is a medium light blond and is about 3 inches past my shoulder. I'm trying to grow it out, but I don't know how long to make it!

slick
04-08-2003, 07:16 PM
Long hair past my shoulders. Light brown mixed with alot of grey. I like it that way. Will never colour it.

shais_mom
04-09-2003, 12:24 AM
Britt,
if the pcb's olive oil trick doesn't work for you. The next time you and your mom go to the store, ask her to get you frizz-eaze serum or the gel.
(not sure if I spelled that right) The serum, you won't need alot. I used to use this to make my hair straight.
:D

ScantyNebula
04-09-2003, 07:23 AM
My hair, its not so orangie looking as that ...the flash is making it look brigther!

http://www.nebulaart.com/images/me_candles.jpg

cheetahgirl
04-10-2003, 01:50 PM
Oooooo I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE long hair! In my country, most girls have very beautiful, long, and silky hair. Long hair is almost a custom if you are having thick and silky straight/wavy hairs. My hair is dark brown and goes down to my thighs. Its very straight, thick, and silky. I will never never cut it. :)

Iceyshiver, your hair was BEAUTIFUL! If I cut my hair after it was like that I will cry my head off. :eek:

2kitties
04-10-2003, 02:38 PM
Icyshiver- I think you had pretty long hair, but you look wonderful with the new cut. The shorter hair with the natural curl and layers makes you look more like a woman than a child. It is so lovely and very mature on you.

RockyRoad
04-10-2003, 07:35 PM
Popcornbird~~ I love the olive oil trick! I sat in the bathroom for hours Monday night just tossing around my hair!:D Thanks!

Shais_Mom~~ I'll have to try that sometime as well, I'll try anything that'll help my hair. :)

slleipnir
04-10-2003, 09:39 PM
Not the best pic but anyway. Dirty blonde, med length..layers
http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL113/975942/1811048/21573535.jpg

slleipnir
04-10-2003, 09:41 PM
My hair used to be longer..I miss it! lmao Anyway dont mind the pic I had to blotch it out cause..well yeah.

wolfsoul
04-11-2003, 01:14 AM
Everyone has such great hair, I feel so alone! :eek: My hair sucks! I wish it was thin, straight, and white-blonde, but then again most people wish their hair was something that it's not :rolleyes:
Instead I'm stuck with super-thick curly/wavy dark blonde hair.
Here it is:

Yeah my hair was a mess when I did this. I'm so surprised the pic worked in front of the mirror, it never works on reflective surfaces, but in the bathroom it does! :eek: This is how long it is. I just got a haircut :(
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/p7b09783d9872d0c633ed06353e36a2cc/fc5ba4e0.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/p25f22385387557bf40497aac8dacc450/fc5ba4e2.jpg
That's the colour...It's slowly turning red..:(...It was bound to happen sooner or later...my hair has been very other colour including red :p I don't even know my natural hair colour anymore :rolleyes:

wolfsoul
04-11-2003, 01:19 AM
My hair doesn't look too bad here :) But I look like a baby with a pouty face :p

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid58/p17d5dd487fa9d1857ab66ec0b0bb57aa/fc643f96.jpg

wolfsoul
04-11-2003, 01:27 AM
Thanks! :)
It actually is curly, but I've been training it to not be lol, because I don't have any mousse left, and it only looks good curly with mousse :p That way there are no frizzies! :D I usually keep it wavy and it stays that way after I have it in a ponytail. ;) Heehee, you only caught glance of the good pics :p you should see the others :eek: lol :p

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-11-2003, 01:31 AM
hair...
Well... my hair is a natural dark blonde.... during the winter I had dark chunks in it ..... it was all one length and about down to the bottom of my shoulder blades...
I NEVER CUT MY HAIR.... it grows sooooooo slow... and I think I look better with longer hair..

NOW... I got a new hair style... I have only had it for a couple of weeks but I loooove it... I still have the length but I had it layered and ....WELL ... if anyone knows who Hilary Duff is.. she plays Lizzie Mcguire... I took about 15 pictures of her to the salon .... I think she is soo pretty and I LOVE HER HAIR!!!... so I have her cut with the bangs and all and I colored it blonde and the underneath an auburn brown... so if you look from the back you can see the colors contrast through the layers... NO pics though.. I am still digi camera deprived..:( BUT not for too long!!!

wolfsoul
04-11-2003, 01:34 AM
ooh I think Hilary Duff is sooo pretty! I love her hair! You're lucky if you have hair like hers :eek: On the show they do so many things with it, I think it's so neat!

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-11-2003, 02:44 AM
You're lucky if you have hair like hers On the show they do so many things with it, I think it's so neat!

AGHGHG I KNOW.. my husband makes fun of me for trying to fix my hair like hers all the time... I really hate cutting my hair and have been bangless for sooo long.. but the "Lizzie Mcguire" hair cut did SO GOOD on my hair... I am soooo glad I took that chance.!

Soledad
04-11-2003, 03:23 AM
I have to say, I find excessively long hair (past the hips) to be kind of gross. It looks like it belongs on a horses butt, not a human. :p

I do think long hair is very pretty and feminine, but there's a limit. It just starts to look straggly and ridiculous (to me) after a certain point.

I used to have my hair long, thick and curly down to my elbows until I was 19. Then I got really sick of not being able to do much with it. It's hard to make long hair look funky and hip. So I cut it to my shoulders (where it is now) and I get to play with it more.

But, I do want it longer. I'm thinking breast level would be nice. It's a chocolatey brown, but I'm starting to get white hairs and I'm only 24!!!!

I'm debating whether or not I should get caramelly highlights (sorta like J-Lo) for the wedding. Hmmmmm.:confused:

Pops - I'm going to try your olive oil trick tonight!!

P.S. Wolfsoul, I think you are a very beautiful girl.:)

Vio&Juni
04-11-2003, 03:55 AM
My natural color is blond
You can see how light I was when I was a kid
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid43/pa7c4b2ca75bcf372221d307ee69ab79f/fce3438a.jpg
I had it very long for a while, almost to my knees, I used to wear it in a bun (I think it was pretty sexy), then I cut it VERY short, then I had it long again, like here
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid42/pb52cfd26a8f337b38e3d9e10bf5fb66b/fced4474.jpg
A year ago I colored my hair red - Red Fire.
I am blonde again and I want it long again
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/p4f332bfb209618490a593fac09b9731a/fc5b88b3.jpg

wolfsoul
04-11-2003, 06:43 PM
Here I am when I was two...sooo cute...what happened?! uggh...lol....look at how nice my hair was then. :eek:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/p31f9bf386c46cd82179d26597135f011/fc5adff6.jpg

primabella
04-11-2003, 07:41 PM
I have dirty blond hair with blond streaks. The streaks used to be natural but they faded out after awhile. I decided to re-do them every year.

shais_mom
04-12-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Soledad
I have to say, I find excessively long hair (past the hips) to be kind of gross. It looks like it belongs on a horses butt, not a human. :p

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!! :eek:

And I must be getting tired b/c when I read wolfsoul's post I thought is said ' it looks better with the mouse in it' B/c she had the rat on her shoulder!!!!:p

AND

When I read that Soledad wanted to get highlights I thought she said "like Jello" instead of J-Lo. I was thinking, why would she want to put Jello in her hair???
*sigh*

Britt, you can also try a deep conditioner that you can find at the local store called "CHOLESTEROL" it is very thick. I have that on my hair right now!!!

Soledad
04-12-2003, 01:23 AM
I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!

Good. Phew. I thought I was alone on that one. :)

And, no, I do not want jello in my hair.:p

Wolfsoul - You were a cute kid, but now you're a lovely, pretty young lady. When you're 35, you'll look back at a pick of you at 15 and say "why didn't I appreciate what I had" if you don't start realising what a cutie you are. :)

Nomilynn
04-12-2003, 02:57 AM
my hair is blonde. It started to go a gross dirty blonde colour in grade 10, so I started dying it. By the time I was in grade 12, it looked like yellow hay. I went the the hairdressers and cut it to my shoulders and she dyed back to my natural colour (and did an amazing job!), and then when my hair was about 2-3 inches long (the new stuff with no dye) I had ALL the dyed stuff cut off. It was the shortest I've ever had my hair and I HATED it!!! But once all the dyed stuff was cut off, my hair started getting REALLY blonde again (YAY happiness!) and I've let it grow out. My mom just trimmed it today actually (she was a hairdresser) because I didn't want split ends in my grad photos.. it's long with long layers (the first layers at my chin and the longest length almost to my elbows) and I must say my mom did a great job on the trim :) I don't have any pics though.. well, I will in two weeks when my grad proofs come in heheeh :)

Cookiebaker
04-12-2003, 08:43 AM
"Well, the straight haired girls
They all want curls
And the brunettes wanna be blonde
It's your typical thing
You got ying you want yang
It just goes on and on
They say, hey, it's only human
To never be satisfied
Well I guess that I'm as human as the next one"

"I Keep Looking" By Sara Evans

Ain't that the truth?? I have naturally curly hair, and I have always envied those people who can just go swish swish and have their hair fall perfectly in place. :rolleyes:

And Soledad, I agree with you about long hair, too!

shais_mom
04-12-2003, 12:10 PM
Well I normally dislike very very long hair. Sometimes it looks nice sometimes it doesn't.
When 'you' say that you would never cut your hair, does that mean that you don't get trims either to keep it healthy? Most of the time that is why I don't like it, it needs a good trim.
I have worn long hair (in HS I had it permed and it was down to almost my shoulder blades -- in the days of BIG HAIR!!!:p)
and now I have short hair. I feel better with my short hair (way above my shoulders :eek: ) It gives me more self confidence and that is what I need as I have pretty low self esteem anyway.
PCB if you aren't sure about using the henna b/c it might change your hair color. I wouldn't use it. Personally I love to color my hair but that is b/c I wasn't happy with my hair color. But you seem to be very happy with yours so keep it!! :)

Rocky'smomma
04-12-2003, 12:58 PM
My hair is all one lengeth, and it is dark brown(almost black) and a little past my shoulders...I keep is pulled back all the time though...

shais_mom
04-12-2003, 05:37 PM
good to know POPS!!!
That is the reason I usually don't like very very long hair is b/c of the ragged ends. :eek:
I DO think that long hair cut straight across the bottom in a blunt cut is very very pretty.

I just colored my hair this morning, after I get it fixed and myself dolled up to go out I will TRY to remember to take a pic. It just is a little darker.

neko1
04-12-2003, 06:15 PM
Here's a pic of me when I actually curl my hair (the curl doesn't last long cause my hair is stick straight)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/p05681c86fb54d8986cfe81439985c61a/fc59b82a.jpg

Here's my normal style:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid56/p98f2918bcba420975545414750137e4c/fc749034.jpg

iceyshiver21
04-12-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
I have naturally curly hair, and I have always envied those people who can just go swish swish and have their hair fall perfectly in place. :rolleyes:

ME TOO!!! :D

RubyMutt
04-12-2003, 08:52 PM
it's light brown w/ bleached blonde chunks... it reaches just beneathe my shoulders... well, here's a visual... (it's layered also, but it's hard to tell in this photo)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid53/pfd601ec49fff22e4e0f12942a8b172c1/fc8fff2b.jpg

shais_mom
04-13-2003, 12:35 PM
I have to attach a photo b/c of my new internet I am not sure if I can show real pics :(
Here it is!;)