PDA

View Full Version : Cats on flights

Efrat
04-06-2003, 10:56 AM
Have you ever taken one of your cats on a flight? Does anyone know what it is like for them to be in the luggage area of the plane? Maybe there are better airlines for pets than others??

Any info is welcome!

tomkatzid
04-06-2003, 12:31 PM
My friend is flight attnd. and takes her cat with her sometimes. She does not put them in baggage, although cats for shows are flown across the country that way. There is room, on most flights for 2 animals, that can fit under the front of your seat. Make a reservation for kitty when you make yours.
Katz

Former User
04-06-2003, 02:40 PM
A friend of mine took her cat to US last year (from Belgium), she was allowed to have her cat under the front seat and most of the time, in her lap in a transportation box. She paid for the ticket for the cat, I can't remember how much. She went by the Dutch company KLM.

Kirsten
04-06-2003, 03:33 PM
Yes, I think there are airlines that allow to have them in a carrier under your seat. I would definitely try to get one of those! Would hate to leave my cat in the luggage room! You could contact the airline in advance and ask if it's possible to have the cat with you.

Kirsten

Efrat
04-07-2003, 01:30 PM
I know most airlines let you take a pet under your seat, but from what I read they only allow 1 pet per person and we are 2 people with 4 cats, and there is no way we can fit 2 cats in one carrier....