PDA

View Full Version : Littermaid,... Wow !

kath00
04-06-2003, 08:49 AM
It is possible to avoid the dull task of cleaning the litter box. :):):)

LITTER MAID is a self-cleaning litter box. How it functions ? Here it is:
1. Your cat enters the unit, triggering the sensor and setting the timer for the cleaning cycle.
2. After ten minutes, the raking cycle begins, and scoops out the clumps.
3. The rake opens the lid and deposits clumps in the waste receptacle. The lid closes, and the rake returns to the home position.
4. The sealed waste receptacle allows for safe and easy disposal of waste when full.

There is no danger for the cat because there is a safety bar that interrupts the raking cycle if it touches the cat. The raking cycle will be restarted 10 minutes after.

Every week, you must change the waste receptacle. Every months, you must clean the litter and check the batteries.

The cat will love it 'cause it's always clean, and the owner will love it cause he never has to clean it ! :cool:

It costs $99.99. I think it is worth it. :rolleyes: Would you buy such a thing ? I would like to buy it 'cause I think the litter box smell and I hate to clean it :D Furthermore, it is useful when we have to go away for 2 days and let the cat at home.

Go to littermaid website:
http://www.littermaid.com/

And tell me your comments. Do you trust littermaid ? Is it very practical? Will the cat appreciate ?

Freckles
04-06-2003, 10:26 AM
In "search by keyword", type Littermaid
Click on "search entire posts"
Then click " perform search". You'll find several threads.

tomkatzid
04-06-2003, 12:35 PM
Kelcee has had one since they first came out. The concept is great and it did the job for 'a while'. But it leaked so we had to put plastic down and keep an eye on it. She would go where the plastic pieces were put together. Then it got stuck ON and would go every 10 minutes. I never replaced it. So for 'my' money I'm sticking with the scoop one.
Katz

jenluckenbach
04-06-2003, 01:29 PM
can you imagine how much MY bill would be if I bought one littermaid to replace each of the 14 litter boxes I have?:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

kath00
04-06-2003, 01:42 PM
Jenluckenbach , you have 14 litter boxes to clean every day.... and 14 cats???:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: D'you let 'em go outside ?

There's no doubt. You're hardly addicted to cats ! ;)

kath00
04-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Tomkatzid

How long Littermaid did the job ?

Can I translate your message by :

Littermaid .... sucks :confused:

AmberLee
04-06-2003, 03:55 PM
Someone here posted about a cat fatality with the Littermaid. It's only good for households with kittens at least 6 months old. Apparently this wasn't clearly understood and a younger kitten wasn't big enough to trip the safety circuits.

Littermaid isn't very popular here for reliability and safety issues.
:( :o :mad: :(

ScantyNebula
04-06-2003, 03:59 PM
14 boxes .... wow.... I urge when i have to just clean one!! hah guess you must be used to it know eh??! :D

krazyaboutkatz
04-06-2003, 05:40 PM
I''ve also heard that Littermaid isn't very good if you have more than one cat. I don't trust it either. I prefer the scoop method too.

neko1
04-06-2003, 05:58 PM
I also prefer the scoop method. Neko has a horrible habit of pushing the litter out of the way in the corner where he wants to go, and then goes right on the box. So I think the littermaid would not be able to scoop it up. I'm so used to cleaning the boxes here and at work that it doesn't bother me anyway.

Fuzzy317
04-06-2003, 06:24 PM
We tried an automatic litter box before, and we didn't like it. We have 4 cats, so it was in cleaning cycle a lot. One time it was stuck in its cleaning cycle over and over, we think something got on the sensor. Also, the litter is too shallow for our crew that likes to dig. We use 2 litter boxes for our 4 cats. I clean them both each day. If we go away for a day or so, we put out a third litter box.