PDA

View Full Version : the cat show in nz today

carole
04-05-2003, 10:59 PM
well i have just returned from the cat show, it was a bit disappointing, very small, but still worth the visit, missed seeing no russian blues and turkish vans, but i fell in love with one particular breed, the Maine Coone, i have never seen one before in real life only on the net and on this site, they are truely a magnificent and magic animal, what a glorious creature.
The two i saw were brother and sister and were a beautiful cameo, caramel, beige or calico colour not sure what u would call them, there was also a tabby looking one, but i loved the other two the best, the most gorgeous faces too and eyes, they are such a large muscular cat, and that fur Wow
Trust me to fall for the breed i most likely could never own, with that long fur i would be pushing my luck with my allergy i think, still i am blessed to have my two as it is.
I also love the feel of the cornish rex, their fur is amazing like crushed velvet, unusual , not so pretty but an amazing cat, and the ragdolls another one of my favourites very pretty cats.
Well they are all lovely the bengals, burmese etc etc, i have never ever owned a pedigree, as i always feel they will get good homes, so i always adopt a moggy. but i am truely taken with the maine coone.
Also as a matter of interest i asked the breeders if they kept their cats indoors or out, to my amazement some kept them in and outdoors some only indoor, well thats it for today folks bye cheers:) ;)

AmberLee
04-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Sounds like you managed to have a good day at the cat show; I'm glad for you.

KAK, Wolflady, her husband and I met up at the Cat Show in Pleasanton, CA today. Would you believe it, not a one of us remembered a camera? It was a marvelous day, but I'm so tired I can't see straight. More details in a new thread, with luck, tomorrow.

Teaser: Wolflady fell madly in love with a young male Russian Blue -- he was a real delight, but the price the breeder was asking for him was a bit staggering! Whew!!!

Regards!