PDA

View Full Version : I'm back from Ireland

boscibo
04-05-2003, 08:09 AM
I had a really fun 2 weeks away, I missed this place.

The funniest thing happened - I opened up my suitcase when I arrived at one of the B&Bs we stayed at, and Hanna's little bell feather toy was in there! She had left her toy in my luggage so I didn't forget her, I think. So I lugged that all over Ireland, and she was happy to get it back.

I saw so many cats and dogs over there, the Irish really love their pets. I saw one cat I was so tempted to bring home, I am pretty sure he was a stray as he was a little dirty. He wasn't skinny at all, I didn't see any skinny strays. Now it will bother me forever about that little cat, I saw him all over one town I was in, he seemed to know his way around very well and he was very social.

I'll have pictures on a webpage up soon after I get them sorted out and transferred off my laptop.

bluekat
04-05-2003, 08:42 AM
Sounds like you had a great time:) Poor Hanna, she must have missed her little toy, or maybe it was a gift to you so you don't forget about her?;)
I would be tempted to bring home a stray too, but maybe he belonged to the whole town, one of those town cats.

Can't wait to see pics!:)

ChrisH
04-05-2003, 11:25 AM
Welcome back!:) Looking forward to seeing the pictures.:)

Chris

Kirsten
04-05-2003, 11:58 AM
Welcome back! :) Ireland must be such a beautiful and interesting country, hope I can visit it one day!

Kirsten

Barbara
04-05-2003, 02:06 PM
Welcome back. I've never been to Ireland but I'd love to go. (Although I'd have a problem driving on the left side).
I am sure Hanna gave you here toy to make sure you don't forget her. Tigris also one time gave me a mousie into my back pack when I went to Bali;)

jenluckenbach
04-05-2003, 03:49 PM
Welcome back. Glad you had a nice trip. I wondered where your posts were.
I think it is so nice of Hanna to let you take her toy with you as a security blanket

lizbud
04-05-2003, 04:28 PM
Welcome back. Glad you had a good time visiting. Aren't
the Irish hospitable people? I'm looking forward to your pics
and more about what cities or towns you got to see.:)

kimlovescats
04-05-2003, 04:57 PM
Welcome Back ... sounds like you had a great trip!! I tell ya, I love that Hannah ... would probably had to have hidden HER in MY suitcase!!! hehehe

Kim :)

boscibo
04-05-2003, 05:43 PM
THe Irish are very nice, friendly and helpful people. The only sour person I met was a youger guy working in the DART station when we went to Dublin.

I'm not too happy with the software I used to create the album, but I was in a hurry and it will have to do.

Pictures can be seen here (http://home.attbi.com/~boscibo/index.html)

bluekat
04-06-2003, 09:28 AM
OMG, it's so beautiful there! I reallly really want to go now! My parents always said that we'll go sometime, but maybe in a long time:rolleyes: Thanks for sharing the pics!

rg_girlca
04-06-2003, 10:01 AM
Welcome back. You are quit the photographer. Those are beautiful pictures. I especially love the one on page 3, cats at our B+B in Doolin, where the white kitty is looking at the black and white kitty cleaning itself on the window ledge. :D

lynnestankard
04-06-2003, 02:05 PM
Great pics., Patti - so pleased you enjoyed your holiday. Great place Ireland isn't it? I loved my visit some years ago, too.

Lynne

Kirsten
04-06-2003, 03:45 PM
Those are wonderful photos, thanks for sharing! :) I see you've also been to London. Been there and have been in some of the places you've photographed. But Ireland is absolutely wonderful! This green landscape, and the coast... must be a very interesting country to visit!

Kirsten

krazyaboutkatz
04-06-2003, 05:49 PM
Welcome back. I'm glad you had a great trip. :) Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures with us. :)

lizbud
04-06-2003, 06:44 PM
The pictures are fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing
a little of your experience with us.:)

Cincy'sMom
04-06-2003, 07:29 PM
Gorgeous pictures!!! The scenery is just fantastic!

Holly- the B& B dog is beautiful!!!

NoahsMommy
04-06-2003, 09:51 PM
Sounds like you had a lot of fun!! I can't wait to see pictures! :)

That is so cute about Hanna's toy. When David and I went to the zoo, I was reaching into my purse for some chap stick and found a mousie! :D

EDIT: Found the link!! Sorry. :) Those pictures are amazing! I want to go to England/Ireland/Europe so badly! How did you pick where to stay and what to do?

boscibo
04-07-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
How did you pick where to stay and what to do?

We had a rental car and had booked our first two and last two nights. The other nights were up in the air.

We knew kinda what we all wanted to see (the main tourist things), so we would call ahead to a nearby bed and breakfast (we had a book from the travel agent) and see if they had a room. Since late March/early April isn't the peak tourist time, it worked out well. Bed and Breakfasts in Ireland are really cheap, often less than 30 Euro (about the same as the dollar) per night. And breakfast is included.