PDA

View Full Version : Ohhhhhhh Tonya

aly
04-04-2003, 11:27 PM
Look at these sweet baby buns that were abandoned at our door step last night!! They are sooooooooooo sweet. I fed them all day today and then took them to the wildlife rescue woman. They're a lot different than the baby kittens and puppies that I'm used to! They like to hop hop hop hop hop while I'm trying to feed them!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid58/p693e11a7ee6f38639e660d5185149a3e/fc6442d6.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid58/p186c76a849b5c3ed9c981b79010c7811/fc6442d9.jpg

Karen
04-04-2003, 11:31 PM
Oh goodness! Are they wild babies? I hope their momma isn't looking for them! People often think baby wild bunnies are abandoned when they aren't - mom is just off feeding, and will return for them! But now these two are safe, at ;east, and the wildlife rehab woman will know what to do! Aren't they just about the cutest thing you've ever seen? :)

wolfsoul
04-04-2003, 11:35 PM
Awww poor sweet buns :(

Good for you for taking care of them :) I hope the rescue woman takes good care of them :D

aly
04-04-2003, 11:36 PM
I don't know if they're wild or not :( I wish the people would not have just left them at the door like that! I would like to know where they were found and stuff ... but I guess we'll never know.

They were in front of the door just wrapped up in a towel - no box or anything!

shais_mom
04-04-2003, 11:45 PM
aaaawwwwww

tooooo cute!! I just wanna kiss their heads, if it didn't hurt them!

zippy-kat
04-05-2003, 12:24 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhh babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love 'em!!!! Thanks so much for sharing the pic! Ya know, they look a lil' bit like Lut's Billie-bunnie! :)

TOOOOOOOOOOOO sweet! Do keep us uppie-to-date on 'em!

Jessica12345
04-05-2003, 06:27 AM
aww! they are soooooooooooooooooooo cute!

poor little sweet hearts:( well if anyone, im glad its you that found them!

:)

*Jess

P.S. have you given them names yet?:D :p

Cookiebaker
04-05-2003, 06:41 AM
AWwwwwwwwwww! They are soooo sweet!!! Look at their little baby ears!!! Awwwww!!!! :D I can only imagine how cute they are when they are trying to hop as you feed them. What a cute picture in my head. :)

RubyMutt
04-05-2003, 10:38 AM
:eek: Those are the cutest little things I've ever seen!! They are so precious!! :)

luckies4me
04-05-2003, 10:40 AM
Yep cute little WILD bunnies lol. I do have to say though that the one looks afflicted with megacolon. :( Lets hope not, they are so precious. :D

Cookiebaker
04-05-2003, 10:46 AM
:rolleyes: Whatever! How can you tell whether or not they are wild from a photograph?? I don't believe it that you can.

Originally posted by luckies4me
I do have to say though that the one looks afflicted with megacolon. :( Lets hope not, they are so precious. :D

I can't even believe you would say a thing like that. You aren't a vet, and you shouldn't scare people with things that you probably don't know what you are talking about. Vets wouldn't even try to make a diagnosis from a photograph. :rolleyes:

luckies4me
04-05-2003, 10:59 AM
Lets see I know because I used to work at the Willamette Wildlife Rescue, that's why. I have seen tons of baby rabbits and other wild mammals. Did they not go to the Wildlife Rescue lady? I am sure if Aly didn't think they were wild they would have gone to a vets perhaps or a rabbit rescue?

No I am not a vet and nor am I diagnosing ANYTHING, I just gave my opinion, if you don't like it too bad. :rolleyes:

Now back to the original topic, THEY ARE VERY SWEET BABIES! :D

Cookiebaker
04-05-2003, 11:07 AM
Nor am I diagnosing ANYTHING

di·ag·nose v. di·ag·nosed, di·ag·nos·ing, di·ag·nos·es
v. tr.
To distinguish or identify (a disease, for example) by diagnosis.
To identify (a person) as having a particular disease or condition by means of a diagnosis.

Sounds like you were to me...

luckies4me
04-05-2003, 11:18 AM
Who cares! I'm not a vet, so why would you take anything I say without a grain of salt anyway? I have extensive experience with megacolon and that was just my opinion, if you want to take it as dignosing whatever. But I do have to say this, I am sick of people picking fights with one another. To me you are overreacting.

It's not like I was saying, OH MY GOD YOUR RABBITS ARE GOING TO DIE AND THEIR STOMACHS ARE GOING TO EXPLODE AND BLOOD IS GOING TO LEAK EVERYWHERE AND THEY ARE PROBABLY IN SO MUCH PAIN, BLAH BLAH BLAH. NO I DIDN'T! If you want to take it that way that's your problem. Basically, I am done with this thread, as I know everyone else is...

But, I hope folks can keep in mind that literally the whole world is under stress. We in the USA are feeling a bit more of it, now that we are at war.

I have noticed more tempers and snipping and indeed outright flaming on tons of lists, the past few weeks, literally just as soon as war was announced. This is actually 'normal' and to be expected, considering what we as a nation are going through.

Maybe keep this in mind, just so that none of us take the heat personally??? Folks will be expressing their fears and frustrations, whether or not they actually are aware of what is happening.

I am always saddened to see people throw mud at each other, but I know that in these tough times, it really is not a personal thing intended at each other. It really is a 'survival reaction', a psychological response to stress.

No one should be a doormat for verbal abuse, but it is definitely a good idea to be consciously aware that the negative words spoken on public lists will be more a transferrance of stress, not true personal 'attacks'. This will be a problem for weeks and months down the road this year. There will always be flaming, but it will be worse for a while everywhere -not just here.

Now with that being said, if you want to continue this you can PM me. I am not about to spend all day defending myself for something very immature and stupid.

shais_mom
04-05-2003, 12:04 PM
Yep cute little WILD bunnies lol. :D

Actually Tonya, zippy-kat thinks that they are chinchillas. Are those wild?
(Honest question, not trying to be smart!! I swear!!)

tikeyas_mom
04-05-2003, 12:36 PM
Cute bunnies, I wonder if they were abandoned by their mother in the wold and someone tryed to take care of them but couldent keep up?? Thats sosoooo sad. :(

zippy-kat
04-05-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom
Actually Tonya, zippy-kat thinks that they are silver martins. Are those wild?
(Honest question, not trying to be smart!! I swear!!)

oppsie! stac... 'member i had the wrong breed there... american chinchilla! ;)

luckies4me
04-05-2003, 12:41 PM
Did I say I was God or something, no. Of course there is a chance they could be domesticated rabbits, but the wild ones around here look very similar. If they are domestic who cares. At least she saved them. What's the point of arguing over if they are wild or not and trying to make yoursef look smart because you know rabbit breeds? At least I can admit I am wrong.....which after researching I would say they are domestic as all the Texan wild bun buns don't look like that. So.......:rolleyes:

wolfsoul
04-05-2003, 12:49 PM
luckies4me, how can you tell if they look like they have megacolon? I should probably start researching a little bit more lol, I'm really behind. Just curious incase I'm in a situation :)

luckies4me
04-05-2003, 12:51 PM
Only one looks bloated, and that could be all it is. I never said they HAVE megacolon, I said the one looks like he may. You don't have to worry about that anyway....

wolfsoul
04-05-2003, 12:58 PM
It does look bloated :eek: I hope he's just a fatty :(

Sure I have to worry about it, I'm going to have other rats in the future and I'll want to know what to look out for :) I'm very partial to blazies and maskies...:rolleyes:

luckies4me
04-05-2003, 01:03 PM
Well then just don't breed high whites, and only buy high whites over the age of 8 weeks...although some still develope late onset megacolon. Just do a search for it, there is tons of info. Or ask your vet....you can also look up Hirschsprung Disease which is the human equivalent. We lost one kitten to megacolon when I was in like 8th grade or so, and have seen countless rats and baby buns affected with it. It's not pretty that's for sure.

You can see from the pic posted the rabbits belly is obviously destended. Now I don't know much about domestic rabbits so maybe that is normal and maybe it isn't, who knows and well frankly I don't care.

wolfsoul
04-05-2003, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the info! :) If I ever see a blazed rat when I'm oldr, I'll remember to put it on reserve until it is eight weeks, and if I see any fishiness, I'll still buy it and take it to the vet. Do they have a low chance of living through megacolon? :confused: Would I be paying money just to see it suffer? I couldn't bear that...

luckies4me
04-05-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Thanks for the info! :) If I ever see a blazed rat when I'm oldr, I'll remember to put it on reserve until it is eight weeks, and if I see any fishiness, I'll still buy it and take it to the vet. Do they have a low chance of living through megacolon? :confused: Would I be paying money just to see it suffer? I couldn't bear that...

Megacolon in rats is fatal. They can be treated with Cisparide (sp?) and other meds, enemas and soft message on the abdomen but they don't live very long. In dogs and cats they can remove the colon through surgery, but I am not sure if this has been attempted in rats yet.

wolfsoul
04-05-2003, 01:23 PM
Oooh that's so sad :( I'd be so sad if that ever happened to one of my ratties :(Or any of my animals...:(

tikeyas_mom
04-05-2003, 01:27 PM
wolf soul read your pms.. :eek:

wolfsoul
04-05-2003, 01:35 PM
Ok, I sent you one. I just did through hotmail too lol. I'll meet you at one. I won't be able to stay for too long, because my brother is having a party at 1:30 and apparently I just have to be there. I'll be able to miss a little while of it I guess heehee

popcornbird
04-05-2003, 02:15 PM
OMG! AWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Poor babies! :( They are SO cute! Thanks for rescuing them Aly! What sweet poor little babies they are. Are you planning on keeping them? Good luck on your foster bunbuns!

All Creatures Great And Small
04-05-2003, 02:16 PM
But, I hope folks can keep in mind that literally the whole world is under stress. We in the USA are feeling a bit more of it, now that we are at war.

I have noticed more tempers and snipping and indeed outright flaming on tons of lists, the past few weeks, literally just as soon as war was announced. This is actually 'normal' and to be expected, considering what we as a nation are going through.

Maybe keep this in mind, just so that none of us take the heat personally??? Folks will be expressing their fears and frustrations, whether or not they actually are aware of what is happening.

I am always saddened to see people throw mud at each other, but I know that in these tough times, it really is not a personal thing intended at each other. It really is a 'survival reaction', a psychological response to stress.

No one should be a doormat for verbal abuse, but it is definitely a good idea to be consciously aware that the negative words spoken on public lists will be more a transferrance of stress, not true personal 'attacks'. This will be a problem for weeks and months down the road this year. There will always be flaming, but it will be worse for a while everywhere -not just here.

Nice copy and paste there, Lickies - it sure doesn't sound like your usual writing style, it doesn't have the usual spelling errors in it, and it doesn't pertain to your situation since people have been attacking, flaming, and/or "abusing" you since WAY before the war started.

Cookiebaker
04-05-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
Nice copy and paste there, Lickies - it sure doesn't sound like your usual writing style, it doesn't have the usual spelling errors in it, and it doesn't pertain to your situation since people have been attacking, flaming, and/or "abusing" you since WAY before the war started.

Ahahah! That's exactly what I was thinking, too!!! :D

gini
04-05-2003, 03:07 PM
Aly, you seem to always have amazing rescue stories.

Aren't these two little ones just the cutest thing you have ever seen?

Please keep us posted on how they are doing. I too, am glad that they came under your care - they have a chance now!

shais_mom
04-06-2003, 01:08 PM
Well then just don't breed high whites, and only buy high whites over the age of 8 weeks...although some still develope late onset megacolon. Just do a search for it, there is tons of info. Or ask your vet....you can also look up Hirschsprung Disease which is the human equivalent. We lost one kitten to megacolon when I was in like 8th grade or so, and have seen countless rats and baby buns affected with it. It's not pretty that's for sure.

You can see from the pic posted the rabbits belly is obviously destended. Now I don't know much about domestic rabbits so maybe that is normal and maybe it isn't, who knows and well frankly I don't care.

1)why do you and wolfsoul always start conversations that should be in PM's? ack!
2) soooooo
you can go and act like you know stuff about wild bunnies but when someone says they look domestic, they are showing off? hmmmmmmmmmmm sounds a bit hypocritical to me

wolfsoul
04-06-2003, 06:03 PM
luckies4me was only worried about the bunnies and spoke her mind.
It's not like others here haven't done that. :rolleyes:

Cinder & Smoke
04-06-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by gini
Aly, you seem to always have amazing rescue stories. ;)

Please keep us posted on how they are doing.

:D

jenluckenbach
04-06-2003, 08:57 PM
ALY, you have 2 relatively nice looking and quite young examples of north American mammals there. I wish you luck with them.
(was that politcally correct enough for everyone?):rolleyes:

Cincy'sMom
04-07-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
ALY, you have 2 relatively nice looking and quite young examples of north American mammals there. I wish you luck with them.
(was that politcally correct enough for everyone?):rolleyes:

:D I agree!!!