PDA

View Full Version : psychic?

marysmerrycats
04-04-2003, 09:43 PM
how many people beleive in psychics, or in psychic experiences?
any one have any to share?

Logan
04-05-2003, 05:45 AM
I would rather have just said "I don't believe". I hated calling it nonsense because I wouldn't do that normally. :)

Thanks, Mary, for "fixing" the poll. I wanted to answer the question, but didn't want anyone to think I was putting their feelings down as nonsense.

Soledad
04-05-2003, 05:48 AM
I didn't believe in it until a friend of mine had brain surgery. She began to have psychic abilities soon after. Like, frighteningly accurate abilities.

I've talked to fellow epileptics who get visions before they seize, often of things that have not happened yet and make no sense at the time. Very spooky stuff. I'm glad I don't get visions with my form of epilepsy. :)

But there is just so much of the human brain and time that we do not yet know that there is no way of being able to say it's nonsense.

anna_66
04-05-2003, 06:33 AM
I guess if you would call dreams a "psychic experience", then yes, I've had a psychic experience.
Mind you this doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's right on the nose. Sometimes I don't dream exactly what is going to happen, but some form of it. It is scary, and I honestly wish I didn't do it.
My mom is the same way. My mom had twins when I was 5 and they both died, one at 4 mo. & the other at 6 mo..
Mom dreamed about both of their deaths:(

Ann
04-05-2003, 07:45 AM
Although I've never had a personal experience I strongly belive in it. My grandma for example has had several experiences with the so called supernatural.

iceyshiver21
04-05-2003, 10:29 AM
I strongly belive in it

marysmerrycats
04-05-2003, 10:48 AM
Soledad, I didnt know you had epilepsy,.

sorry I put the "nonsense" in the post. I will see if I can edit the wording... I dont think it is nonsense.

Soledad
04-05-2003, 06:06 PM
My form of epilepsy is pretty mild and I've had it under control for years, so it doesn't really impact my life much. :)

primabella
04-05-2003, 08:36 PM
I'm not sure. They say we use like, 3% of our brain. (it's probably more, but I am remembering 3 for some reason. If it's more...sorry :o) If you can use more than that, we are able to move objects and so on. Maybe these psychics know how to use just a bit more and can see into the future. But then again, who knows?

My friend told me her cousin' friend went to see a fortune teller. The fortune teller looked at her palm and said, "I'm sorry, but I have nothing to tell you. I see no future for you." Her friend was saying how she had paid and got nothing out of it. Anyways, she left and as she crossed the street she got hit by a truck. Spooky stuff... I sometimes wish it wouldn't exist. Who wants to know exactly when they go anyways?

marysmerrycats
04-05-2003, 09:11 PM
Primebella
I agree, it can be spooky. and sometimes I would rather not hear about things, but what can we do right?

the fortune teller should have seen danger, immediate danger, and kept her there for a few more minutes or told her to beware of the cars!!:(

yorkster
04-05-2003, 11:16 PM
I guess I believe in it now...................................

Leading up to the 9-11 attacks on the World Trade Centers, I had a re-occuring dream about something similar to that. It was a dream that I had had all my life (about once a year). BUT, about 3 weeks leading up to the attacks, I had the dream 6-7 times. :eek:
SCARY!

iceyshiver21
04-06-2003, 09:27 AM
I think im going completly insane, like at night I'll have a million dreams, so many that I cant sleep, and when I wake up, I dont ever reliaze I have at first. Then like later in the day Ill see it. I dont know im loseing it, too much stress or somthing.

Oh, and then the day of 9/11 I had just started reading a new book at school called "I Love You, Soldier." about a girl named Katie who's dad goes of to war. AHH! I dont want my daddy to leave, I think hes too old :p...........

Jessica12345
04-06-2003, 10:22 AM
prima: thats freaky!:eek:

im not sure if i beleive in it... but i dont want to hear about my future anyways:rolleyes: ;)

shais_mom
04-07-2003, 11:58 PM
I do believe. I can't say that I have had any first hand experiences.
But I have to believe that there is a way to see things especially with loved ones who have passed.

iwuvsmypuppy
04-08-2003, 04:09 PM
well... i dont know if i believe it.. i guess it is possible if God wanted it to be... but i have deshevu(or whatever) i see things that i know i have seen before and it scares me>> as for the first time.. it was a Wednesday nite and we were comin home from church.. i looked over at my sister (holding onto the bar that helps you get out of the car) it happenes evey now and then but i have not been able to tell you anything i see until it happens:(

wolfsoul
04-08-2003, 06:43 PM
I have dejaveux, constantly! I see visions, usually in between my dreams, and then I will se them, whether it's in a day, or in a week, or a month! :eek: Either way I always remember.

I've always been really interested in the supernatural, and often find myself reading books on such. ;)

weiner_teddy
04-08-2003, 08:05 PM
I don't know if I should really beleive them or not, even though I have never had a "psychic reading" before. Today my English teacher told us that her old roomate ran up a $300 bill from talking to them over the phone, she is crazy! She said it's about $5 per minute!!:eek:

wolfsoul
04-08-2003, 10:20 PM
Ooh, on my birthday I want to go to a pay phone and call that "Miss Cleo" chick. She seems real, but I've heard she's ruined peoples' lives lol

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-08-2003, 11:11 PM
I believe in psychics.... like in mediums and soothsayers and such... but I wouldn't associate with one (as in trying to get psychic information from them) ... for obvious reasons...:)