PDA

View Full Version : A Story of a brave Iraki Cilvilian

KYS
04-04-2003, 07:18 PM
I thought I would share this heart warming story
of an Iraki Cilvilian who helped saved the POW
Jessica Lynch.

I heard one report, that an Iraqi lawyer named Mohammed (?) went to the hospital to visit his wife.
He saw Jessica Lynch being beaten in her hospital bed.
The Iraqi man walked 6 miles and slipped a note to a US soldier.
The US military asked the Iraqi to go back 2 more times in the hospital
to check out certain things such as, if a helicopter could land on the roof.
The man risked his life, and went back to get more information.
The Iraqi military went to the Iraqi Lawyers house, but he and his family were safely in the US military protection.

Just thought I would share a nice story of a civilian who helped Jessica Lynch.

(Now my husband heard the man was a Doctor,
what ever he was, he was a good brave man.)

tatsxxx11
04-04-2003, 07:42 PM
We must be watching the news together, Karen!! I just this evening saw this on the news. What brave souls, what heroes! Both he and his wife, who was a nurse at the hospital! He said he and his wife just couldn't bear seeing her "kicked around," knowing that soon she would surely die. The amazing part was that he went back several times to get more info. to help the special forces get her out safely! Thanks for sharing it with everyone!:)

jackiesdaisy1935
04-04-2003, 07:48 PM
Well, I'm reading the same story, what a brave and caring man to do something like that at the risk of losing his life and that of his family. The story I read said that they have him, his wife and daughter safe and they are being treated as heros as well they should. A story with a happy ending.
Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy

KYS
04-04-2003, 07:52 PM
tatsxxx11 :We must be watching the news together, Karen!! I just this evening saw this on the news. >>>>

LOL! I noticed that, and that is pretty difficult
since I am one of those chanel flippers. hehehe

But I did love the story. After I heard it,
I told my husband, and called my Aunt.
Just gave me this warm feeling inside. :)

iceyshiver21
04-04-2003, 09:23 PM
This is just great to see her out of there and on the road to recovery....

**#1,000

mugsy
04-05-2003, 12:03 PM
I think it's awesome what everyone did to recover her. That is pretty amazing that someone would go to the lengths that that man did to save her. I am totally impressed.

lovemyshiba
04-05-2003, 04:46 PM
I really think that is wonderful to read also. This man basically risked his life for someone he didn't know--he is truly a hero.

tatsxxx11
04-05-2003, 05:47 PM
He told the soldiers that he had no choice. If he didn't tell someone, they would kill her...:( I hope he's ok.

ChrisH
04-06-2003, 06:41 AM
Thank you for sharing the story. It gives me hope for the furture to find such truly good human beings as he and his wife are in this world. Hope they are safe and well.

ramanth
04-07-2003, 10:52 AM
How wonderful!

Many blessings to him and his family. :)

Dakota's Mommy
04-07-2003, 02:39 PM
Yes, I heard that whoever this man was that he did do this! That is so cool! Thanks for sharing this!

sammi
04-07-2003, 02:48 PM
Many blessing to this man - he will be rewarded in life I hope.