PDA

View Full Version : Longest tail contest!

luckies4me
04-04-2003, 05:25 PM
I thought I would make a ratty specific contest for the rat who has the LONGEST TAIL! :D I know there are plenty of ratty owners here. So here's what you do. Go measure your ratties tail with a ruler and please have a pic that shows you measuring, as close up as possible. Hopefully you all will have a digital camera. :p

PM me the pic, the age and name of the rat who is being entered. I will except 9 entries after my own...don't know who I am going to chose yet but oh well. Age will be taken into consideration as young ratties have not attained tail length yet. I just want to see who has the longest tail! :D The rat who wins will recieve a HUGE bag of Ethoxyquin, hehe just kidding, they will recieve a plaque for their accomplishment.

I'll also be doing other contests such as "Laziest" "Prettiest/Cutest" and "Best Costume"! So go snap some pics everyone!

Jessica12345
04-04-2003, 05:28 PM
lol this should be cute and funny:D

tikeyas_mom
04-04-2003, 05:28 PM
if I still had my rat I would.. my web cam suxs.. :(

luckies4me
04-04-2003, 05:29 PM
Hey why don't we include birds as well? I wonder who would have the longest tail, a rat or bird? Lets find out! Birdies can now enter!

tikeyas_mom
04-04-2003, 06:02 PM
Cheeko would never let me messure his tail lol.

tikeyas_mom
04-04-2003, 06:04 PM
I wonder If my hamsters tail would win. lol. j/k

Jessica12345
04-04-2003, 06:16 PM
o cool! ill enter tiki asap.:D hehe... dont know if she will win.. but thats all right!:p

luckies4me
04-04-2003, 06:22 PM
It'll be fun! :D

CathyBogart
04-04-2003, 08:41 PM
Yay!! Go Ratties!! I'll have to see if Zylle or Chloe has the longer tail. ^_^

Desert Arabian
04-04-2003, 09:27 PM
I'll just post the picture here. This is Fred's tail. It looks in the picture to be 10", but he moved when the flash went off. I measured it again, and it was around 9.75". :D
http://members.aol.com/OrliBloom177/fredtail.jpg

tikeyas_mom
04-04-2003, 09:28 PM
YLL your ratties tail it lonnngggggggggg... lol :)

shellonabeach
04-04-2003, 09:29 PM
Can my gerbils join in?

I will have to go round and measure their tails to get whose is the longest (I know who has the shortest!!)

Of course they are no match for a rat tail.

Desert Arabian
04-04-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
YLL your ratties tail it lonnngggggggggg... lol :)

hehehehehe! I know! Geeze, I didn't know it was that long, sure don't look that long when I see him in the cage. Seesh! He uses it as a monkey tail, when he sits on my shoulders he grabs my face with his tail for balance. LOL!

luckies4me
04-04-2003, 09:34 PM
Sure you can enter your gerbils! No problemo!

YLL that is a very LONG tail! :eek: Did you measure the others? Which one is the longest? :p

WolfChan, are you going to enter? :)

luckies4me
04-04-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
hehehehehe! I know! Geeze, I didn't know it was that long, sure don't look that long when I see him in the cage. Seesh! He uses it as a monkey tail, when he sits on my shoulders he grabs my face with his tail for balance. LOL!

My girls slap me with it lol. :p

Desert Arabian
04-04-2003, 09:37 PM
Luckies, no I didn't measure the others yet, Mr. Freddy made my hives act up, as always. I am allergic to my rats, especially the greasy men- that's why they get baths a lot- it helps my allergies.

When I stop itchin' and scratchin' I'll measure the others. :D

shellonabeach
04-04-2003, 09:38 PM
I didn't measure all of them but the ones whose pictures I have up on webspace (I can't put them up myself the other half does it for me!!)

Here is my entrant with his 11......... cm tail!!!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/yunfey.bai/animalian/gerbils/Whiskey01.JPG

It is Whisky, the brown spotted one (agouti spot). Here he is grooming his pregnant wife Lilly(they have 2 pups now). I have only had them 3 weeks I took them as a neglect case, the difference from when they came to these pictures is astonishing.

Lilly's tail is 10.5 cm.

luckies4me
04-04-2003, 09:43 PM
Man I just measured all the boys tails and the longest one is only 8 and a half inches lol. I still need to measure mygirls tailes though. :p

Shell, they are absolutely beautiful! That picture is so cute too! :D I used to have some gerbies.

YLL I didn't know you were allergic? Do you have trouble breathing? Maybe you should get some hairless ratties. hehe :p

shellonabeach
04-04-2003, 10:15 PM
Shell, they are absolutely beautiful

Thankyou so much, it's amazing what treasure people mis-treat and neglect. The third gerbil who came to me with them was in a really awful state, but he has the most amazing and loving personality, as do both of these.

These were meant to be adopted once I had got them back to full health but, as with all the others!, they will be staying. We will also be keeping most if not all of the babies (I have two people interested in them but I have to interview, or rather interrogate, them first!) I feel that with me their lives are certain and they will get the best care possible even if it means they do not get as much handling time.

tikeyas_mom
04-04-2003, 10:20 PM
it is Whisky, the brown spotted one (agouti spot). Here he is grooming his pregnant wife Lilly(they have 2 pups now).

hey it has the same name as my Whisky the syrian hamster :D.. their tails are like half a cm long lol. they wouldnt win lol

Desert Arabian
04-04-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
YLL I didn't know you were allergic? Do you have trouble breathing? Maybe you should get some hairless ratties. hehe :p

I am allergic to my rats, cat, horses, dogs, ragweed, grass pollen, tree pollen, pine trees, eggs (scrambled etc, can have them in baked goods, can't have custard), goats, any/all farm animals. I have serious hayfever too. Sometimes I have to use my inhaler for my allergies, it causes a lot of breathing problems. Maninly the hayfever, horses, and barn dust.

I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A HAIRLESS RAT! They are next on my list. There is a litter of kittens at the pet store, all hairless, beyond adorable!

tikeyas_mom
04-04-2003, 10:25 PM
I love hairless kittens and cats and rats.. they are soo cute. :)..

popcornbird
04-04-2003, 10:41 PM
I sent you a PM :)

The measurements may not be precise because when I measured, Muffin moved back and Popcorn moved forward. :eek: You'll have to decide though by looking at the starting measurement and the ending, AND where the tail starts! LOL I never knew their tails were as long as the measurements came :eek:

carole
04-04-2003, 10:45 PM
Well u could include cats as well, i reckon my belated sooti would have been in with a good chance, he had this very long tail, it looked so funny when he was 9mths old so out of porportion, we always had to watch it, so we did not shut it in the door etc, as he grew older it did not look so funny but his tail was at least 2 inches longer than ashes. any more cats out there with extra long tails would be interesting.

tikeyas_mom
04-04-2003, 10:52 PM
I dont think putting a cat in the contest would be fair because a cat tail is much longer then a rats or a gerbils tail.

carole
04-04-2003, 11:01 PM
oh yes i realize that, thought we could start a seperate one just for the cats,

tikeyas_mom
04-04-2003, 11:07 PM
,aybe we could make another poll or contest for cats and god tails?? I duno ..

carole
04-04-2003, 11:09 PM
yes well folks that is what i meant, should have made myself clearer, obviously u cant compare the two, so how about it longest cat tails.

wolfsoul
09-07-2003, 01:12 PM
bump

Kfamr
09-07-2003, 02:34 PM
No doggies allowed? :(

luckies4me
09-07-2003, 02:48 PM
Geez I forgot about this! :o

I could do a doggie on if you like? I don't really like this contest anymore because it's just simple , whoever has the longest tail wins, and no pics get to be put up etc. Any other ideas?

Kfamr
09-07-2003, 03:11 PM
Hmm... Yeah it is kinda simple since there's really nothing to vote on, lol..