PDA

View Full Version : Toby - Take it off Mommy!!!

ScantyNebula
04-04-2003, 05:00 PM
Hey! Toby's home, and he's fine! He was very scared on his way home, he was shaking to peices. Then when we got him home he went right to licking - so on went the cone. With several tries of course! But he now has it on, going around banging into stuff and playing and all!

Unfortunately my digital camera needs to be charged :( but I did get a video clip of him fighting off the cone!

check it out - >toby (http://www.nebulaart.com/toby/toby_cone.mov)
Its about 1.7 megs .. be patient those of you with dialup =/

Edwina's Secretary
04-04-2003, 05:04 PM
I don't hold out much hope for the cone but that sure looks like one healthy (and spunky!!!!) cat to me!

Where did he learn that language????:D ;) :D

Russian Blue
04-04-2003, 05:36 PM
I second the notion that the cone will not win the next battle! Actually, I've only seen cones on female cats, not males.

Sorry to laugh, but that video was really cute. I know it doesn't help your situation, but it was really cute!

:D

ScantyNebula
04-04-2003, 05:49 PM
hah well he's had the cone on for a couple hours now, so the cone was victorious :) We had no choice but to put on the cone .. all he wanted to do was lick himself =/

I think the cone itches his neck cause he's always trying to scratch it but can't reach .. so i go scratch it for him and he practically melts to the floor with a big "ahhhhhhh...thats the spot.." heh

He's more active than the vet said he would be tho .. he's hitting his rubber ball around with the edge of the cone as I type! hah

jenluckenbach
04-04-2003, 07:10 PM
:( I don't know what to do with movie clips. But I am sure he was adorable.

gini
04-04-2003, 07:33 PM
Your video is wonderful - "DEATH TO THE CONE!"

ScantyNebula
04-04-2003, 08:17 PM
jen .. all you gotta do is click on the link and the video will download on its own, just give it a sec. It may look like its not doing anything, but if you look in the bottom of the screen, you will see it says its downloading.

oh, you need quicktime player to view it as well =D

ScantyNebula
04-04-2003, 10:00 PM
I was playing around with some video/music .. here's a quick practice clip I put together : )

toby vs the cone =D (http://www.nebulaart.com/toby/tobyvscone.zip)

Its a zip file, so just open to location, then unzip it to view it =D

If you don't have winzip and don't feel like installing it, click here (http://www.nebulaart.com/toby/tobyvscone.mov)
to load the quicktime movie in a new window and wait for it to load.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-08-2003, 03:03 PM
Awww...poor Toby, I didn't mean to laugh sweetie, really. Great videos!

For those with dial up, it might take what seems like forever before the video starts playing. Just continue on with your PT messages and come back to it in about 2 or three minutes. Hopefully this helps because the videos are great. :D

2kitties
04-08-2003, 03:16 PM
Yea, that cone didn't look like it was going to last. I'm surprised he decided to wear it. Probably, he just got tired.;)
I'm glad to see he's doing to well.

ScantyNebula
04-09-2003, 07:02 AM
LOL don't worry, we had our laughs too, its just so darned cute to see him banging into the wall with his cone around every turn. then he gets frustrated and ends up sitting down staring at the floor..poor thing! He's back to his old self now that the evil cone is gone!