PDA

View Full Version : I'm back!!

Chinadoll
04-04-2003, 01:32 PM
Don't know if I even mentioned to anyone...it all happenned so fast...I went to California to see Joey(my fiance, currently active duty in the Marine Corps for those who don't me). He told me last week he was getting free time this past weekend so I booked a ticket Wednesday and flew out Thursday.

Got to see him Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We stayed in an awesome resort in Palm Springs(closest real city to the base). It was so good to see him. Of course that meant we had to say goodbye all over again, but I'm doing much better than when he first left.

Saturday evening and Sunday he had to go back to the base. I was a little leary of base lodging because I've seen it over here, but this was a vey nice base. Spent most of Saturday evening at his office. For the hours he puts in and the risk they take, they so don't pay enough. If i understood him right, there's supposed to be 6 ammo techs for either both battalions or each battalion, but there's only two. And since he's the senior ammo tech it all falls to him to cover both battalions.

I didn't care what we were doing as long as I spent the time with him. So even though he spent most of his time while we were on the base in his office, I could have cared less.

He's doing alright...a tad homesick, but i think we're both going to be ok. I know that at least for the next few weeks he'll still be in CA so I'm happy. Poor baby has to get the small pox vaccine this week. Ouch!

The kitties were a bit peeved that I left even though my Mother came over every day to take care of all the critters. They knocked down picture frames, paw prints all over the glass tables they know they're not supposed to be on, toys from one end of the apartment to the other. I'm just happy my furniture survived. The ferrets of course were happy to see me. Bouncing around as goofy as ever.

Anywho, sorry so long. Just wanted to say Hi and let y'all know where I was. I've been catching up on posts. Everyone has such cute critters. Congrats for those that got new babies. Positive thoughts for those sick babies or those who've passed.

jenluckenbach
04-04-2003, 01:52 PM
:D :D :D I could not be happier that you got to see Joey! :D :D

Dakota's Mommy
04-04-2003, 03:44 PM
I'm so happy that you got to go see your man! It's great to hear that you got to spend a little more time than you expected with him before he has to head over there. I know how much it must have meant to both of you. We all have to cherish those moments we get together right now.

Don't worry too much about the small pox vaccination. Brian got his almost 2 months ago and he was fine. He said that it kind of hurt, but not really. It was more bothersome than anything because it itched so much while working on healing and they aren't allowed to touch it at all. They have to keep a band-aid on it and it totally covered, but they still can't touch the band-aid and have to be careful about what they do touch around the area, etc. etc. etc. So, it sounds more annoying than anything from what my husband said.

lovemyshiba
04-04-2003, 03:59 PM
I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful trip, and that you got to spend time with Joey--I'm sure it was wonderful!!

ChrisH
04-04-2003, 04:04 PM
I am so happy that you got to spend time with your man Joey!:) :)

Cookiebaker
04-04-2003, 09:41 PM
Chinadoll, I can't even start to imagine how hard this time of separation must be for you! I will definitely keep you & Joey in my thoughts, and meanwhile keep praying that peace will come again soon!!

~~Anna

Miss Meow
04-04-2003, 11:49 PM
Welcome back! It sounds like seeing Joey was just the tonic you needed, you sound much more uplifted than a week or two ago :)

04-05-2003, 02:17 AM
Hey, just yesterday I was wondering what had happened to your hubby and if he would be overseas now or not!!
Thanks for this update:D :) !

anna_66
04-05-2003, 06:18 AM
The tone in your post seems even more upbeat than ever:)

I'm glad you got to see & spend a little time with him, sounds like it's just the medicine that you needed:D

HoRsELUvR
04-05-2003, 03:18 PM
Its good that hes ok,and welcome back!

Chinadoll
04-06-2003, 12:04 AM
Thanks everyone. Yes, I'm doing much better. It took some time to adjust to him being gone. I still haven't completely accepted him being gone, don't think I ever will, but at least I'm not depressed. I miss him like crazy and it's little things that remind me of him. My friend said he was bringing his girlfriend to the movies yesterday. Made me miss Joey just remembering all the times we would go. I can't remember when the was the last time we did something so mundane as go to the movies. Seems like so long ago, but it'll only be a month since he's been gone on Wednesday.

He called me tonight to tell me he's getting another 48 hours of liberty this weekend and 96 hours liberty for Easter if they're still in the states then. I asked if he'd like for me to come, but surprisingly or not so surprising really, he said that no, it would be too hard to say goodbye all over again. He said it was so hard to day goodbye to me this last time. Which sort of surprised me because I thought he handled it soo much better than I did. geez men and their abilty to not show any emotion. anywhoo, we're still talking about whether or not I'll come visit again.

Good news is that he may not go to the middle east after all. He may go to another base in another country to take over for active duty troops gone there or he may be deactivated. No one is sure of any thing right now. He said not to get my hopes up, he'll probably be active duty for the next year, but at least I don't think he'll be in too much danger where ever he goes. *crosses fingers and prays*

Another bit of good news...we've decided that October 2005 is when we're going to get married. I've been looking at tons of ivitations and catalogs of dresses and tons of other wedding stuff. I really can't plan anything yet because I really don't know when he's coming back...that month is not set in stone...but I can pick out just about everything I want so all I have to do is book and order everything when the time comes.

Thanks everyone for your support.

Soledad
04-06-2003, 01:52 AM
If you need help wedding planning, there are plenty of PTers here who can help you. Mine is coming up in June. Eeeek.:eek:

Best of luck to you guys. You obviously love each other very much.

Dakota's Mommy
04-07-2003, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the update! I'm so glad that things are going well for you and that you're handling things better. I know what you mean about not getting your hopes up but keep those hopes that you have in your prayers. If he does has to stay activated, it's be really nice if he just went to another base to help there. I hope that you get your wish and either that, or the fact that he gets to come home happen for you guys. Keep in mind though, no matter what happens, we're here for you at Pet Talk.

Wow, setting a date, that's cool. I hope that all the planning goes well for you and that you get to stick to the date you planned! Good luck with all of this!

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-07-2003, 03:10 PM
From one military wife to another, I totally understand what you are going through. My husband and I have been living apart for a year now and only seeing eachother twice a month or so. I am now working part time in GA (mon-Wed) and going to Ft. Rucker to spend the rest of my week with Andrew. He is currently going through fixed wing training, but is still at risk to being called up and shipped out to the Middle East. He is also a Black Hawk pilot. We live from one day to the next. It has taken me a very long time to adjust to being apart alot. And I am still not ready to deal with him being sent overseas with out.

I am glad you got to see Joey. I am sure it was a very much needed opportunity. I know you miss him and I am certain he miss you too. Joey will be in my thoughts. I hope he remains home and safe.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-10-2003, 11:12 AM
I'm so glad you got to see Joey and you feel so much better about everything now. Hopefully this will all be over soon now, and like you say, he will just be "support" somewhere. And congratulations on setting a date! Now all we have to do is get him back home. :)

I see things don't change much though. Terry always talks about how they used to spend a lot of time in Palm Springs too. And he was stationed there was over 35 years ago! :)