PDA

View Full Version : Bellingham apologizes for 'Canuck go home' note

Nomilynn
04-03-2003, 08:39 PM
http://www.canada.com/vancouver/news/story.asp?id=CA632256-0DB0-4922-A867-548A760B036A

This is very sad, and frightening. I think it's great, though, that many people and businesses in Bellingham have expressed concern over it and apologised.

KYS
04-03-2003, 08:56 PM
I agree, it is sad and scary.
The world is full of un-scrouples people. :(

Soledad
04-03-2003, 08:57 PM
Sad and disturbing. But not surprising.:(

Great that people are onto it, though!

mugsy
04-04-2003, 08:43 AM
Stupid people! It's too bad they can't get the people who did it. I don't blame her for not coming back right away. I hope, though, that she doesn't lump all of us into that group.

ramanth
04-04-2003, 10:15 AM
You know, when I was in Toronto when the war started and people found out I was American, not one single person made fun of me, berated me, called me a baby killer, or told me to go home.

I'm ashamed of the people who left that note.

tatsxxx11
04-04-2003, 11:01 AM
Me too. That is exactly the type of behaivor that only makes an already tense situation worse. I feel awful for the family and hope they will come to understand that one stupid person does not speak for America! Thanks to the people of Bellinngham for the apology. Candadians always have been and always will be, our friends.

jackiesdaisy1935
04-04-2003, 12:15 PM
Yes, I agree we have many Canadians in our msn community and everyone has been supportive and caring, I'm so sorry this happened and I do hope they find this rotten apple who does not belong in the barrel. Thanks to the people of Bellingham who also realized this and want to help in any way they can.
Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy

catland
04-04-2003, 03:26 PM
It is sad that these tense, emotional times gives idiots the feeling that they have a right to be, well, idiots.

I think the media is sometimes overplaying these stories, because in the idiot's mind, hearing these stories justifies their pathetic, juvenile behavior.

No country or race or religion is immune from people who are jerks.

:mad:

tatsxxx11
04-04-2003, 07:45 PM
I just saw the most heartwarming story on the nightly news. Our Canadian friends, along with several memebers of the Canadian govt., (official opposition party) out marching, carrying signs, proclaiming your support for American and Americans. Thank you Canada!! You are great friends!!:)