PDA

View Full Version : The escape artist has done it again...

wolfsoul
04-03-2003, 08:00 PM
Well, I've finally discovered Frisco's escape route....

He has chewed through the bars of his cage!!:mad:

I never noticed it, because they go back into place once he gets through, so it looks normal. Well, I was giving the bars a good scrub yesterday when I noticed what he's done! And I'm still not allowed to get another cage! :mad: I wanted to build it out of a shelf, with my own hands, my own money, my own everything, but for no reason, no reason at all, except that it would make me happy, I'm not allowed!!! :mad: :eek:

Grrr I'm mad...

I covered up the bars he chewed through, but he might just chew some more :(

luckies4me
04-04-2003, 10:59 AM
Is there any way you can zip tie a piece of hard plastic or wood to cover the spot? Why won't your mom let you do that? :mad: That is so lame!

cocker_luva
04-04-2003, 11:03 AM
What is Frisco? Bunny, hampster, etc?

luckies4me
04-04-2003, 11:16 AM
He's a rat. :)

wolfsoul
04-04-2003, 09:26 PM
I covered it with this piece of metal thingamajig lol. It's hard to explain what it is, I'll have to get pics.
It is totally lame, I can't even make my own cage :mad:

And what kind of rat chews through steel?! My rat! The pschyo rat! My rat's a wierdo! lol

Desert Arabian
04-04-2003, 09:31 PM
Oh no! Little stinker!

Nugget did that once to me too. She got out of the cage, and crawled into my closet, since I forgot to close the door. I could hear all this noise, I thought it was the cat. I got up from my bed and turned on my light...there was a little brown rattie sitting in my closet looking at me with an innocent face. Heehee! :p

At least you know your rat is getting a good teeth trimming, that's the good part! ;) :D

wolfsoul
04-04-2003, 09:41 PM
At least you know your rat is getting a good teeth trimming, that's the good part!

Lol, no doubt! :D Now I know that his teeth are very strong too :rolleyes: Atleast I know he would be able to defend himself? lol :p

shellonabeach
04-04-2003, 09:45 PM
I don't know what you mended it with but if it fails perhaps you could use a wire cooling rack (for baking) you can secure the whole thing over the hole with cable ties (or perhaps the clever little stinker would just chew the cable ties!!!)