View Full Version : Jobs

iceyshiver21
04-03-2003, 04:43 PM
What does everyone do for a living.....

My jobs-
1. I work at D-Dogs, its a kennal
2. Richards Quarter Horses
3. County Fair Grounds Keeper
4. This really isnt a job but I work anyway, I work at Horse Shows.

neko1
04-03-2003, 04:44 PM
I'm an administrative assistant to the Vice President of Research & Developement for GAF Materials

Soledad
04-03-2003, 04:46 PM
Political research assistant.

wolf_Q
04-03-2003, 05:06 PM
Bath and Brusher at Petco, and also Pet Portraits

RockyRoad
04-03-2003, 05:08 PM
I'm a student ... but when I get older I'm getting a summer job at my mom's dental office.
And of course when I get way older, I either want to go into law or politics. I would like to try for Supreme Court. It's a big leap ahead of all the experience I'd need as a lawyer and judge, yet it is something I will definetly consider.
I'm strange .. most kids my age want to be silly jobs, not realizing the commitments you must make for each and every job. :)

iceyshiver21
04-03-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by FloppsyLadySally89

I'm strange .. most kids my age want to be silly jobs, not realizing the commitments you must make for each and every job. :)

OMG!! YES!

**I really hate it when kids take jobs just to slack off and get money.

Karen
04-03-2003, 05:34 PM
I'm a graphic designer.

But Miss Hoppy thinks I should be a stay-at-home bunny petter instead.

Nomilynn
04-03-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by iceyshiver21
**I really hate it when kids take jobs just to slack off and get money.

That is EXACTLY what I want to do for a year or so. After being in school forever, I need a serious break :) So, make enough to live comfortably, but it won't be the best job :)

Right now I'm finishing University

slick
04-03-2003, 05:37 PM
Network administrator for a non-profit society.
Responsible for all computer systems operations throughout BC and Yukon.

Miss Meow
04-03-2003, 05:59 PM
Project manager with Defence. My job is being relocated interstate so I'm thinking of a complete change, like financial planning.

anna_66
04-03-2003, 06:06 PM
I'm a waitress.

Desert Arabian
04-03-2003, 06:21 PM
I am a student in High School. I really want to be an entrepreneur and own a top-notch dog boarding kennel. When I turn 18 I plan on volunteering at the humane society. I have often thought about joining the Marines, but I am not too sure about that.

mugsy
04-03-2003, 06:26 PM
I am an 8th grade Social Studies teacher

Crikit
04-03-2003, 06:46 PM
I'm in charge of the magazines in one of the stores of a national chain of book stores.

kingrattus
04-03-2003, 06:50 PM
I'm a postal clurk... & all I can say is that its a very bad time to work there with SARS going around.

iceyshiver21
04-03-2003, 06:51 PM
I help my dad with his tree business. He owns a tree trimming business and we also sell trees and wood. WOOHOO real fun job...not.

iceyshiver21
04-03-2003, 06:59 PM
Amanda(weiner_teddy)....you might want to log me off on your computor.....Because my dad dont do trees he fixes cars :D lol!

weiner_teddy
04-03-2003, 07:05 PM
GEEZ, I think this is much better, MY dad does trees and I help him with his business. A big THANK YOU goes out to Katie (iceyshiver21) for letting me know that she was logged into PetTalk after I had posted 3 posts!:D :p

iceyshiver21
04-03-2003, 07:07 PM
I was looking at some of them and I was like What the....I didnt post that.

babolaypo65
04-03-2003, 07:17 PM
I am a university professor, (former high school teacher), and consultant.

Cincy'sMom
04-03-2003, 07:52 PM
I'm a chemist

babolaypo65
04-03-2003, 07:57 PM
cincy's mom i LOVE your location name (or whatever thats called) my university has SOOOOOO much construction i can barely stand it! we have had to cancel classes because we cant lecture over the jack hammers.

aly
04-03-2003, 09:52 PM
I work at a shelter and volunteer at 2 shelters while I'm finishing school. After school, I want to work on becoming a canine behaviorist. I will probably be taking the test next year to become a certified trainer then I'll get some experience while working toward behaviorist.

Britt - it's been my sister's dream since she was in juinor high to become a judge. She'll be graduating college next month and has already been accepted into law school with a full scholarship. Never let go of your dreams. Maybe you and my sister will someday be famous judges :)

Cookiebaker
04-03-2003, 10:20 PM
I work in a small office/copy shop. No official job title, but I do everything/anything that needs to get done to keep the office running. There's never a dull moment, and I really enjoy it!! It's a small company with only 6 other people working there. We're like a family, and it's the best!!! :D

Logan
04-04-2003, 07:21 AM
I'm a loan officer for a bank. I specialize in small business loans. :)

Sevens
04-04-2003, 08:02 AM
I am a Senior Credentials Coordinator with a Credentials Verification Organization. Basically I run background checks on doctors. I check their medical licenses, work history, professional references, malpractice history, etc. etc. Then, once I gather all the info, I turn it over to our client hospitals and they decide from our file if they want to keep allowing the doctor to treat patients in their hospital. I've been doing this type of work for almost the last 10 years, since I was 16.

Vio&Juni
04-04-2003, 08:24 AM
I work as a translator for an USAID project (telecommunications sector reform - very interesting), but since our Project Director Assistant was fired, I am doing her job too. I would really love to stay longer on PT :)

Barbara
04-04-2003, 09:05 AM
I am an Editorial Director in a publishing house that publishes travel guides.

Kona & Oreo's mom
04-04-2003, 09:55 AM
I am a content editor in a company that creates educational computer games and curriculum (lesson plans, tests, etc.) for elementary schools. I edit the marketing material and the information on our Web site, too.

Dakota's Mommy
04-04-2003, 10:05 AM
I'm a Clerk at a college on Fort Hood and the surrounding area!

Edwina's Secretary
04-04-2003, 10:21 AM
I work in human resources for a software development company -- in the telecom space. I also teach some courses on compensation and human resources.

Randi
04-04-2003, 11:21 AM
I'm just a secretary - but have had interesting jobs. ;) I'm not currently working, but looking for a job. :rolleyes: I'd love to work in the travel business - have done before, but my favourite job would be an airline pilot! :D

04-04-2003, 12:06 PM
I used to be a teacher in primary schools. Now I am a full-time mom.

robinh
04-04-2003, 01:37 PM
Wow, what an interesting group!! Never though such a wide range of people would be pet crazy like me!

Randi, there's no such thing as "Just a Secretary"! I know, because that's what I do and it includes all kinds of jobs (even down to nursemaid to the boss sometimes)! It's a tough job and anyone who does it earns every penny they make. I've been at it for - OMG, I just thought of how long I've been doing this - 32 years!

Chinadoll
04-04-2003, 01:41 PM
I'm a Secretary/Receptionist for an Insurance Agency and before that I managed a small tennis shop. I'm also full time student graduating in May majoring in Communications, but what I really want to be(as boring as it may sound) is a librarian or own a small bookstore. And who could forget....slave to 8 furry critters!

weiner_teddy
04-04-2003, 03:49 PM
I'm a full time plunky (friend) to my neighbor Katie (iceyshiver21)

Cincy'sMom
04-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Chinadoll
I'm a Secretary/Receptionist for an Insurance Agency and before that I managed a small tennis shop. I'm also full time student graduating in May majoring in Communications, but what I really want to be(as boring as it may sound) is a librarian or own a small bookstore. And who could forget....slave to 8 furry critters!

I think it sounds wonderful!!!

One of my co-workers keeps saying this fall she is going to go back to college and get a Master's of Library Science. She said by 2008 60% of all librarians will be at or past retirement age and that Laura Bush is making a big push right now for scholarships for those interested in the field....could mean a lot of great oppertunities for you!

joycenalex
04-04-2003, 09:44 PM
the paying job is as an x ray technologist, the real job is being duke, alex, and the kits human servant:p

Pam
04-05-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Randi
I'm just a secretary -

Nothing wrong with that! :) I was an executive secretary at a major bank for 10 years but now work part-time as a receptionist/medical transcriptionist for an ophthalmologist.

*LabLoverKEB*
04-05-2003, 09:28 AM
I'm in 7th grade right now, at a school that I just love- a performing arts magnet school!!! (I LOVE dance!) But, when I'm a little bit older, I'd love to be a groomer, or work at Petco, but for a full time job, I'd love to be a veteranarian (sp?)! :) ;)

Mad Mags Moo
07-19-2005, 10:33 AM
I have my dream job.....professional cat sitter!!!!!:D :D :D
Maggie's Catsitting Service "The Purrfect Solution"
www.purrfectsolution.co.uk

Thanks go to Jenny (PIF) for my great website!!!!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-19-2005, 10:35 AM
I'm just a secretary

Without us "just secretaries" where would the bosses be?

JenBKR
07-19-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Brody's Mum
Without us "just secretaries" where would the bosses be?

AMEN! AND...we can sit on pet talk at work! It doesn't get better than that! :)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by JenBKR
AMEN! AND...we can sit on pet talk at work! It doesn't get better than that! :)

yet still be indispensible! :D :D

JenBKR
07-19-2005, 10:46 AM
LOL I honestly don't know what this company would do w/o me!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-19-2005, 10:53 AM
LOL I honestly don't know what this company would do w/o me!

This lot would certainly have trouble finding the papers I've filed using my own system!

JenBKR
07-19-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Brody's Mum
This lot would certainly have trouble finding the papers I've filed using my own system!

LOL I know! I was on vacation last week and now it looks like my desk exploded. While i was gone it got pretty crazy around here

beeniesmom
07-19-2005, 11:21 AM
I'm an Accounts Manager for a property management company.
In the past I've held jobs as secretary too, translator.
I like what I'm doing now.

DJFyrewolf36
07-19-2005, 12:40 PM
I work in a permitting office. I'd explain what kind of permits, but I'd be here for a year lol!

I love what I do. The processes are interesting, and I get to tell people "NO!" all day hehe. That, and when I have free time I can sit on PT

:D

JenBKR
07-19-2005, 12:45 PM
I work in an indoor air quality laboratory. I write lab reports, do accounts payable, general office, you name it. I don't know if I have an actual title. Actually, my degree is in psychology, which fits because I work with a bunch of wackos LOL *just kidding...*

davidpizzica
07-19-2005, 12:59 PM
I'm a groundskeeper at my local golf course. Including caddying for 9 years, this is my 44th year at Longue vue Club !

lv4dogs
07-19-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm the office manager for an auto glass repair/replacement shop that is owned by my father & brother.

I actually do everything, besides the actual repairs/installs. the dogs & I are the only ones in the office. lol

I can't forget my job after work, taking care of the critters & house. I don't know if my title is boss or maid? lol ;)

Buddy Blaze Lover
07-19-2005, 03:34 PM
I'm a student, and work concessions during the summer if that counts...but I'm going to get a job at the library or vet clinic sometime soon!:)

binka_nugget
07-19-2005, 04:05 PM
I work for Famous Players. I love my job. My co-workers are amazing and I love the free movies.

At the end of August and early September, I'll be working for the PNE (annual fair). I hate the job but I need the free admission. :p

After the summer, I'd like to start apprenticing with some trainers and then eventually start my own dog training/daycare business.

gemini9961
07-19-2005, 04:38 PM
I work at an eye bank screening the referrals on expired patients.

joycenalex
07-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by joycenalex
the paying job is as an x ray technologist, the real job is being duke, alex, and the kits human servant:p
the paying job is still as an x-ray technologist/mammographer, and i'm still servant to alex, the kits and cherish the memory of duke.

finn's mom
07-19-2005, 06:10 PM
life insurance agent....at least, that's what I'm trying to be!

jennifert9
07-19-2005, 06:28 PM
Everyone has such interesting jobs!
I am currently unemployed since I moved with Collin to PA since he has this "great" job and all, blah, blah, blah....;) Seriously though, he worked at UPS for 8 years part-time and noone ever thought he was going anywhere and then he found this job through a friend and makes twice what I paid for my college education!!!!!! JERK! Just Kidding, LOL!!

SO in the past, I have worked at a bank in the loan department, spent 6 or 7 years in the insurance field, left that to work "in my field" at the county health department (I worked at an STD/TB clinic!! VERY interesting to say the least! But also very low paying and a dead end! Psychology doesn't pay much unless you have a PhD) Throughout all this I was working part-time at Applebee's Restaurant as a bartender which I ended up doing full-time, along with alot of other cr*p for the restaurant and finishing school...Worked in the pharmaceutical field and loved it and now I am here in PA! Unemployed and looking....I am going to go back to school AGAIN for physical therapy once I find a day job to pay the bills. My dream is to help disabled children in any way possible. :)

AlleyCat
07-19-2005, 10:57 PM
I'm a graphic designer, real estate agent, and crazy meowmie http://www.chrisandreabeard.com/Emoticons/cat.gif

K9karen
07-20-2005, 12:33 AM
:( I'm an embarrased slacker since 2002. Was a corporate travel agent for 30+ years but got laid off due to 9/11. Home cared my mom until she recently passed, and am on disability due to a disinegrating spinal column and 2 surguries. Hope to find work next year, maybe in the medical field or lobbying for better health benefits for all of us (since I have firsthand knowledge of how it totally sucks)
Can't imagine being away from my sweet Logan, though....we're both spoiled!

aly
07-20-2005, 12:42 AM
I'm a vet assistant. I also volunteer almost all of my free time at the shelter.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-20-2005, 04:25 AM
and when I have free time I can sit on PT

LOL! Been here an hour, checked in with you guys so now its time for a coffee.................then I may just do some work ;) . Have a good day everyone!

Vio&Juni
08-05-2005, 02:51 PM
I am a Project Implementer for the British Embassy. Love the job!

I also work part-time in the Visa Section - very "entertaining" :)

Muddy4paws
08-05-2005, 04:40 PM
Im a trainee dog groomer :D I love my job and Im nearly finshed my level two Animal care!! Going to go straight on to the level 3 NVQ apparently thats a lot more intense, has anyone else done it?

Oggyflute
08-06-2005, 12:32 AM
I've just got a new job.:D
I'm a retail business manager for a pool shop franchise.:)

smokey the elder
08-06-2005, 07:10 AM
I'm an analytical chemist for a European based private pharma company, and boy are they great to work for. I temped there for two years, just went full-time on 07-06-05!:D

Corinna
08-06-2005, 07:33 AM
Manager of three gift stores in West Glacier Montana. Near Glacier Park.

BitsyNaceyDog
08-06-2005, 07:40 AM
I'm a manager at a pet boarding facility.