PDA

View Full Version : cat flu

ScantyNebula
04-03-2003, 09:37 AM
how do you know if you cat may have a flu??

Lerah021399
04-03-2003, 10:00 AM
Well, is one of your kitties sick? What are the symptoms?

ScantyNebula
04-03-2003, 10:28 AM
well i don't know if you read about his vet trip, but there was immune deficiency detected in his blood ... and he sneezes lately, as well he is breathing hard sometimes ...maybe i'm just being paranoid

Lerah021399
04-03-2003, 10:34 AM
No, I didn't read about his vet trip. It could very well be allergies...Jack does the same thing (he gets really close down to the floor and kinda breathes weird...almost like a coughing...and he sneezes a lot) and it was determined that he just has a little bit of a allergy problem. This time of year is when he acts like that more. I would definitely talk to your vet about it though. A lot of times when these symptoms come up and they are mixed w/ runny eyes or even throwing up, it could be a number of different things including a upper respitory infection which is highly contagious to your other kitties.

ScantyNebula
04-03-2003, 10:47 AM
hmmm...now that you mention I remember once his eyes were watery, i just wiped the tears away .. only once tho...

Lerah021399
04-03-2003, 12:33 PM
Well, hopefully it's nothing, but if you notice that his eyes are getting a lot of goopy stuff in them or if his breathing gets worse, take him to your vet. Something like a upper respitory infection is nothing to mess around with. If I'm not mistaken, you don't have any other kitties, so you don't have to worry about him being contagious to them. Keep us posted on your little guy.

ScantyNebula
04-03-2003, 01:14 PM