PDA

View Full Version : Good-Bye Cody, My Love

K9karen
04-03-2003, 07:50 AM
Cody had a terrible night. He moaned and could not get comfortable on his side, so he just laid straight with his head up. I couldn't sleep, seeing him crawl across the rug, his leg so swollen he couldn't get up. I laid beside him and comforted him and one look in his eyes, I knew. I had to overcome my selfishness and misery and make the dreaded call.
I called Dr Fox at home, and he met my brother and I at 730a.
One look, and Dr Fox said I made the right decsion. No commotion, Cody went right into his favorite room and laid down.
I soaked Cody with tears and kisses. Even Dr Fox cried. Cody's gums were white from anemia, his breathing shallow from it too. He couldn't even pee this morning, just a pin drop. if I hadn't made the call, i would have postponed it and watched him suffer.

My sweet pumpkin, love of my life, premier dog, passed very very peacefully and quietly at 757a. How awful of me to say, but now that I'm not working, I thought I'd spend valuable time with Cody. Funny how things work out. No job. no dog all in less than 24 hours. My brother and I told dad to meet him with open arms and to take good care of him for us.

I know my boy is at peace now. But I miss him physically,,his toys and bones and bed and food dish are staring at me.

For those of you who survived this, please twll me how you did it.
I'm still in shock.

Thank you for all your wonderful prayers. I can't ever repay you for your kindness and support. I seriously don't know what I'd do without you. Remember I love you all.

Karen

Ps.. Geez, Em, DOTD looks so much like Cody I almost passed out!

tatsxxx11
04-03-2003, 07:58 AM
Oh, God, Karen. I'm so sorry. I wish I could say something; I can't. I think of that day, letting my Jingles go, and the incredible pain returns and my heart breaks for you and for me all over again because I know how empty, alone and devastated you feel. I'm crying so hard I can't breath or see well. right now you just need to cry, yell, pound the wall, do whatever you have to do to let the pain out. I sat on the shower floor, watering pouring over my head, put my fist in my mouth and just sobbed. Friends and family will help, but now you need to let all of the saddness and pain out. Time will begin to help you heal, but for now, you need to grieve. I'm glad you have your Mom there. And you know you have us here. I'll call you soon. Goodbye beautiful, brave Cody. We love you. Thank you Karen for being the best Mommy a doggie could ever hope for.

Logan
04-03-2003, 08:13 AM
To be such a beautiful day, it is a sad day. I almost wish it were raining and cold, to match my mood. As I told you before, Karen, we can say "there's a reason things are happening like they are", but God knows when we'll understand what the reasons were. Maybe God is providing this gorgeous sunshine as a greeting for Cody as he steps into his new life, surrounded by so many of our loved ones! I take heart in believing that my Kaycee was right there to welcome him.

What I do know is that Cody had you with him, every single step of his long, wonderful life. He will always be your heart dog, your first "baby". Your memories of him will be wonderful, one day, Karen, and the grief will subside somewhat, but never totally go away.

I just went and gave each yellow dog a hug and a kiss, and of course a cookie, in memory of Cody and in honor of you. I just wish we were closer, so you could just bury your face in one of their necks and feel their warmth.

We love you, dearly, and are here for you. :)
Logan

ramanth
04-03-2003, 08:30 AM
Karen, I can do nothing but cry tears for your loss and tell you how sorry I am and by doing that I feel as if I'm slighting you. :(

I can't tell you how I got thru the pain of losing two cats, because, to be honest, I have no clue. I still mourn them and miss them, but as the days went by the pain did ease a little and I cherish the memories.

RIP darling Cody. You were loved and you will be missed.

*hugs* to your Karen.

robinh
04-03-2003, 08:45 AM
Oh, Karen, I am so sorry. We had to let my Peach go on March 10th. Dick and I both cried and cried. I know how you feel - I really do. I still have days of being totally lost, I miss my Peach so much but each day is a little better.

It's been said, but your Cody trusted you to do the right thing when the time came and you did it. There is no greater gift you could have given him. I hope you take comfort in that and the fact that he is with your father running, jumping and playing without pain.

Remember also that you have friends here, some well known - some new. But each of us wants you to know that we care for you and will also miss Cody if only from the joyful stories you have told us about him.

Robin

Rachel
04-03-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by K9karen
Ps.. Geez, Em, DOTD looks so much like Cody I almost passed out!

Me too, Karen, and did you see the big smile on EM's face? All I could think of was that this was a message for you from Cody at the Rainbow Bridge. He is free of pain now and although he will miss you, he can run and play with the puppy spirit that always was within him.

Logan
04-03-2003, 08:49 AM
You guys are right! Em does look like Cody and it is the first thing I thought of this morning when I saw her smiling face. :)

sasvermont
04-03-2003, 08:50 AM
Karen, you will be in my thoughts and prayers for days to come. I just know how awful you must feel. Remember that your dear Cody is no longer in pain and discomfort. You did the right thing.

SAS

Rachel
04-03-2003, 08:56 AM
Albea posted this on the other thread for you. I thought is should be on this one too.

From Friend to Friend

You're giving me a special gift,
So sorrowfully endowed,
And through these last few cherished days,
Your courage makes me proud.

But really, love is knowing
When your best friend is in pain,
And understanding earthly acts
Will only be in vain.

So looking deep into your eyes,
Beyond, into your soul,
I see in you the magic, that will
Once more make me whole.

The strength that you possess,
Is why I look to you today,
To do this thing that must be done,
For it's the only way.

That strength is why I've followed you,
And chose you as my friend,
And why I've loved you all these years...
My partner 'til the end.

Please, understand just what this gift,
You're giving, means to me,
It gives me back the strength I've lost,
And all my dignity.

You take a stand on my behalf,
For that is what friends do.
And know that what you do is right,
For I believe it too.

So one last time, I breathe your scent,
And through your hand I feel,
The courage that's within you,
To now grant me this appeal.

Cut the leash that holds me here,
Dear friend, and let me run,
Once more a strong and steady dog,
My pain and struggle done.

And don't despair my passing,
For I won't be far away,
Forever here, within your heart,
And memory I'll stay.

I'll be there watching over you,
Your ever faithful friend,
And in your memories I'll run,
...a young dog once again.

In Memory of Asta, Feb. 1997
(c) Karen Clouston

gini
04-03-2003, 09:16 AM
Karen, I don't even know you as well as the others, but when I saw your post I just burst into tears.

I agree with Logan and Sandra that it is important that you totally give in to your grief. Cry your heart out until you can cry no more.

Is it any comfort to you to remember that you gave this one beautiful dog more love and companionship than many other dogs ever receive in their life. When there is a heart-bond between an animal and a human somehow the pain becomes so much more intense.

I have lost four pets over the years, but they are never lost but right up front in my heart - never, ever to be forgotten.

I wish that I could wrap my own arms around you and give you a shoulder to cry on..........

And, I am so very sorry that you have lost Cody. But yet, you haven't lost him --- he is right there with you forever.

Corinna
04-03-2003, 09:51 AM
Karen I write this with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes. The only 2 things that helped me with my loss, I spent time with non dog freinds doing things I hadn't been able to do with a dog ( trip) and I was getting married so Tim and I spent more time togeather Maybe you and your brother could take a little trip even just overnight some where. Or some small day trips.
We here know the pain of the loss please don't leave us though we pull to geather at these times to help each other. Cuz we all care about you.

Pam
04-03-2003, 10:01 AM
Karen when I saw the title of this post I started crying. I didn't even need to read further. I knew he would let you know but oh how heart wrenching when you realize that it truly is time.. Your farewell post is a beautiful tribute to a very special dog that we all feel we knew too. Please know that you did what needed to be done. Cody just couldn't do it any more. His body had given all he had to give and you gave him the gift of no more pain. Now you, my dear friend, will have some hard days ahead but please believe me when I say that will lessen. Each time we lost a furkid to the Bridge, for the first few weeks whenever my husband and I would pass each other in the house we would just grab each other and hold tight and cry. Words were not necessary. Soon the wound began to heal. Karen you have been on my mind constantly and still are. I hope it helps to know that I am praying for you still. If you need to call to cry or vent or whatever please do. {{{{hugs}}}} to you. Wish I could deliver them in person.

anna_66
04-03-2003, 10:01 AM
Here I sit getting ready to go to work & just thought I'd check in once more, and I see your post. So here I am, in tears, knowing how you feel. It's been almost 2 years for me & it still seems so fresh in my mind.
I know you did the right thing for Cody, but that doesn't make it any easier. All you have left is the wonderful times you've spent together, remember these always, because at times when you feel like you just can't handle it any more, they will bring you through.
I wish there was some magic word I could say to make you feel better, but there isn't.
Please remember we are all here for you, any time you need us.
{{{{HUGS}}}}
Anna, Angus, Roxey & Huney

lizbud
04-03-2003, 10:06 AM
Karen,

I am crying like a baby right now, so can't type much yet.All the
old memories come flooding back. If there is ever a time for hugs
it's now.{{{{ HUGS }}}.We all love you and are with you in
spirit. Rest in Peace Sweet Cody.

An Angel Is Born

I held you in my arms,
As you took your final breath,
Tears filled my eyes,
As I finally accepted your death.
As you become an angel,
Tear drops hit the floor,
Silence fills the room,
Pain you'll feel no more.
How will I live without you?
How will I go on?
How will I face another day,
Knowing that you're gone?
But I wasn't selfish,
I only thought of you,
The peace that you must feel,
It was something I had to do.
So fly up to heaven,
Be at peace my baby,
We had a lifetime of something wonderful,
Never forget how happy you made me.

By: Stephanie (StephJS2)

zippy-kat
04-03-2003, 10:27 AM
What can I add that hasn't been said?

Everyone truly cares for you, Karen. We're here to help you through this gut-wrenching time.

You aksed, how do you survive?
Take it one breath at a time, one tear at a time, one memory at a time, until you reach the point you can take it one smile at a time. Remember, not only was he your once-in-a-lifetime-dog, you were his once-in-a-lifetime Mom.

{{huggs 'n prayers}}

Sudilar
04-03-2003, 10:41 AM
Oh dear, dear Karen. My heart is breaking for your great loss of Cody. We are losing another one of our own. I can hardly type through the tears. How fitting it is that it is raining, cold and gloomy here today. That is how my heart feels right now. I wish I could be right there with you to try to help you through this. Cry, cry, cry til you can't cry anymore...then cry again. It feels like your own heart is torn out! I know, I've been there twice before with my furangels.

I always used to cry the most in the shower. The tears are washed away. After a long while, the tears will stop and smiles will come as you think of the fun times with dear, sweet Cody. You will remember all the fun and what a lucky boy he was to have had you to love him for all that time. And how lucky you were to have had him to love you back.

The house will feel so empty now. The hardest part will be coming home. The silence is deafening. (crying here thinking about it....) Again, I wish I could comfort you. Right now is the most difficult time. As many days go by, it gets a bit easier, even though you don't think it is possible.

When Avalanche died, I thought that I had to do something that would not have made her death in vain. Because she was gone to RB, I had space and room in my heart for another. In her honor, I saved a life. I took Killian literally from death row (sick and all). Killian could live because Avalanche had to die. It took me about 6 weeks of searching the shelters to find the right one to save. I visited the shelter so often that I didn't even have to sign in. I was allowed to just walk in to look.

Whenever I felt down and sad or started to cry thinking about Avalanche's passing, Killian would do something silly to make me laugh again. He would not let me be sad.

I also made a picture album of all of Avalanches' pictures (with an angel on the cover, because she was my Angel). I also bought a Sandicast figure of a Great Pyrenees and put her tags around its neck.

Sorry this is so long. I just want you to know that my heart is with you and your Mom. Try to remember dear Cody at a happy time and smile through your tears. I am so heartfully sorry at your great loss.

HUGS and love to you and your Mom.

Rest in peace, dear Cody, happy and whole again, running with all of our dear RB buddies. We love you.

Christiansmommy
04-03-2003, 11:06 AM
I am so sorry that you had to say goodbye to Cody today. At least we know that his body is strong and healthy now and he can look down on his mommy and say thank you for putting me out of my misery and for taking my pain away, i am whole again...hope that is some sort of comfort to you...

Sorry and (((HUGS)))

Robyn

shais_mom
04-03-2003, 11:43 AM
Oh Karen. I can barely type thru my tears. I am so so sorry.
My heart breaks for you. You did the most loving thing for your dear boy. He knows you love him.
Godspeed to the Bridge, dear sweet Cody.
Shaianne, sweetie, take good care of Cody just like you have taken care of all the other PT babies that have passed.

mruffruff
04-03-2003, 11:46 AM
I'm so sorry Cody had to leave you. I know the pain you are feeling.

Let yourself grieve and remember all the good times. You'll never forget him, but will learn to live with his memory.

Mary

bluekat
04-03-2003, 12:08 PM
Oh Karen, I'm so sorry to hear that...........I have tears in my eyes, and my heart breaks for you. I've never lost a pet before, but I can only imagine how it must feel. I know this must be really hard on you, with his toys and food bowl and all, but you'll always have good memories of him.
Since he was in great pain, you did the right thing. I know it will be hard on me watching one of mine suffering, and I can't do anything about it. But now, your Cody is no longer in pain, and is now at the Rainbow Bridge.
{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

Cheshirekatt
04-03-2003, 12:09 PM
I'm so very sorry about your loss. You did a wonderful, unselfish thing. I don't think you ever really get over it. When our good boy, big dog George died I cried for days. Every time I thought about him I cried. Then one day I thought about him and didn't cry.....instead I smiled. His memory was so dear to me and he still brings me joy. Cody will always be alive in your memories.....keep them near and dear to you.

04-03-2003, 12:16 PM
Oh my, Karen, I am so sorry for your loss of Cody. I cannot say very much,a s it all brings the memories back about Sydney.

I know you must feel devastated now, and also that this will last for some time. But if I can give you one advise, it is to cherish all the good memories you have of your sweetheart. The pain will soften day by day. I am also very glad that I followed the advise given to me by many PT-ers to get another cat as soon as possible. This does NOT replace the loss, but it sure helps to easen the pain

good luck to you, Karen!!
{{{{{hugs}}}}}

AdoreMyDogs
04-03-2003, 12:17 PM
Dear friend, I am so sorry. This is the very worst part of being a dog mom. It's not the puppy stages, not the cleanup of poop, pee and vomit off new carpet, not the destruction of furniture, not the filling in of thousands of holes in the backyard. This part is harder then all of the not-so-fun stages of a dogs' life by a hundred times. You MUST cry...cry your heart out. Right now you will feel absolutely horrendous, but tomorrow your pain will be lessened, even by just a teeny amount, and every day from this point on, you will gradually start to feel better, until one day you are ready to open your heart to a wiggely new pup to fill the void.

I will never forget Cody. I saw today's DOTD and I thought of him right away. I think of him often. He will be forever etched in my heart, as he will be in the hearts' of everyone who loved him. I never met the sweet boy in person, but that certainlly didn't stop him from entering my heart. I just sobbed when I read the title of this post, and as soon as the tears cease for a moment, I start up again.

Karen, you were the very best dog mom ever. It has been a joy knowing Cody through this site and he will be missed so much.

Cody, enjoy the freedom from your painful body, and bask in the sea of love at the Rainbow Bridge. You were the best boy with the best mom.

Lots of love,

Leslie, Graham, Kersey & Minion

Karen
04-03-2003, 12:30 PM
Cody, sweet boy
Dog of a lifetime
How sad we are to see you go

So much you taught your Momma, you know
She never knew so many things
She never knew Frito feet so sweet
Puppy teeth so sharp
Mischief so fervent
And yet so innocent and forgivable

How strong you were
Holding up your mom
Through so many times
Good and Bad
How much you were loved,
And loved in return
Only God can fathom
How deep the love in those brown eyes

Oh Karen, listen to your heart
And with every beat feel and hear the noise
Of that strong golden tail on a hardwood floor
And every breeze will remind you of wind-ruffled fur
And every squeaky toy of that silly doggie grin

Cody is whole again at the Rainbow Bridge
Where he plays with Jingles and Sheba and all our beloved dogs
And know that my Mom, your Dad and Cinder/Smokey's Grandmom
Are feeding him biscuits
And will love him for you
Until you meet again.

How to cope? you ask
Moment by moment,
Tear by tear, each
Stray golden hair
at a time.

Life goes on
And love never dies
Tears someday end
And your heart will grow
To welcome another
furry love.

Logan
04-03-2003, 12:33 PM
Thank you, Karen. The tears are falling, but you hit is "right on". :) Rest in peace, dear Cody.

sammi
04-03-2003, 12:35 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss of Cody. You were a wonderful mom to him. He is free of pain. He is running and playing free at the bridge like a young pup. I will say a prayer for you to help heal your sorrow.

lynnestankard
04-03-2003, 12:43 PM
Oh {{{{Karen}}}} my heart goes out to you sweetheart. You were such a strong, caring Mummy for dear Cody. Letting go at the right time is so difficult. You'll cry like a baby - wondering how many tears can flow. Then feel angry and cry some more. And just when you're sure there are no more tears - you'll sob. All through this you'll be in my thoughts. It's such a horrid thing to go through and don't every think your alone. We're all here for you - remember we share the good times and the bad times.

RIP Dear Cody. Another star in the heavens tonight.

Lynne

Albea
04-03-2003, 12:44 PM
To Karen with love...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid58/p0e420f0f6d1f6ef8b82f0e864dc4b04f/fc660efc.jpg

K9karen
04-03-2003, 12:46 PM
Oh Liz, the poem is lovely and of course made me cry AGAIN! Of course I know every word is true. And Les, of course you're right, I know someday I'll find another wonderful pupper. Thank you all for your comforting words and for totally understanding my pain. Unless you go through it, you can never ever fully comprehend it. Thanks you Pam and Sandra and Logan for calling me and letting me sob my heart out! Everytime I think I'm done, I start again, just as bad. Honestly, I am so glad I have my mom here. She's been through so much I don't want her getting sick. We are quite a team. Even with allergies, she wants me to get another dog ASAP, She wants to look starting Monday, but I'll see how I feel. I certainly will have the time to train it now. I thought a few days ago, that it was time to let go, but something stopped me and I'm glad cause Cody had a great Tuesday, he just rallied. Yesterday he ate but around 8p just wasn't himself. I never could believe when people say "you'll know" I always thought that was so much crap, but they were right. I knew the second I looked into his eyes. I made the decsion instantly, no turning back.. My "old" boss just called as did half the office who think I'm just out for a few days. Sounds like more people are being laid off by Friday. I'd never been laid off before in 31 years of working at the same profession. I think, I swear, I'm taking time off and then, much to mom's dismay, I'm going to apply at the zoo, surrounded by animals, I figure Cody always made elephant poop anyway, so what's the difference??? :) Sigh, I love all of you. No better friends ever existed. {{{{{hugs}}}}

momoffuzzyfaces
04-03-2003, 01:07 PM
Oh, Karen! I hope this makes sense because I'm crying so hard I can hardly see. You did the kindest most loving thing for Cody. I had a cat named Lucy who I loved beyond belief. I had to have her put down the same year my dad died. She was almost 17 and I knew it was coming. I had watched her gradually grow weak and feable, her legs shaking as she tried to stand. I carried her to her litter box and brought her food and water to her. One day she got so she wouldn't even drink water. She looked at me and I'll never forget the expresion in her eyes. "If you really love me, you'll let me go and not let me suffer any more." I heard that just as clear as if she had spoken. I let her go to the RB that morning. It was so hard. I was lucky in that I had 3 others to cry with and the next summer Chester came to live with us. It was time for Cody to go but you had a few good days before he went. I think they were his gift to you. Your dad will take care of him until you get there. Maybe Cody will send a new puppy to you to love when you are ready. It won't take Cody's place but will make its own place in your heart. And Cody and your Dad will look down from the Rainbow bridge and smile.

robinh
04-03-2003, 01:09 PM
As you said about "you'll know" the right time to let Cody go; when the time comes to get another puppy "you'll know". The heart has infinite amount of love to give and there will be a time when your heart has healed enough (never completely) to share that love with another puppy.

Take care of your self and hold those memories close to your heart!

K9karen
04-03-2003, 01:10 PM
oh, Alicia! My reply crossed your memorial!
It is so beautiful, absolutely wonderful beyond words that
i am hysterical again..but good tears...... How can I ever thank you?
And Karen, your poem was exact, just like Logan said...
Thank you so very very much

lovemyshiba
04-03-2003, 01:16 PM
Oh Karen, I don't know what to say. I am just crying and crying. I haven't been around for a couple of days, but what news to come back to.
I know you made the absolute best decision for your sweet Cody, and he loves you so much for it. You are his mommy, and he will never stop loving you, just as you him.
He is healthy again, and running around, eating, and playing at the Rainbow Bridge with your father.
My prayers go out to you and your family, and I agree with the others, cry and let it all out.
Many hugs to you, Karen, and may sweet Cody rest in peace.

ParNone
04-03-2003, 01:45 PM
hi karen,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I haven't had to cross that bridge yet, so
I have no words of wisdom to offer. As Murph and Maddie have
entered their senior years, I have a nagging sense of dread of
what's to come though. I can only hope to handle it with as much
strength as you. Know that Cody passed to the other side with
your love to soothe him.

Par...

aly
04-03-2003, 01:50 PM
Karen -

I can't stop crying for you. I wish I could say something to take away your pain, but I know there are no words strong enough. As time passes, the hurt will fade a little, and the wonderful memories will become stronger. I still feel hurt and empty from when I lost my Labbie girl, Dessi. She was my best friend from third grade until college when she died from old age. I miss her with every ounce of my body. I don't know what helped me through it. A huge part was my kitty Shiloh. She brought smiles through the tears and I knew that I had to be there and be strong for her.

You're going to apply to the zoo? THATS AWESOME! And how sweet of Cody to prepare you in the poop department :) I think you will have a great time.

This is just a thought for you to keep somewhere in the back of your mind for when you're ready.... there are 2 dogs in Afghanistan that need a home or they'll be put to sleep. Here's the thread about them : http://207.44.135.130/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23740

I'm not trying to rush you or anything. You go at your own pace and follow your heart. I was just letting you know in case you didn't see that thread. Oh yeah - and no pressure at all!! They won't be put to sleep because I can take them in at the shelter I work at if it comes down to that!!

Stay strong and know that we all love and support you. Cody is now free of pain and with your dad. I am sure he is smiling down on you :)

ChrisH
04-03-2003, 01:53 PM
Oh, Karen, I am so sorry this had to be. Cody was such a special boy and you were his special wonderful Mom.
I have had to get through this hurt too. How do you get through? For me it was to take one day at a time. I don`t think the missing has ever disappeared, but the smiles have replaced a lot of the tears, as the happy memories replaced the sad.
I have, along with everyone here, cried many tears for you and your Cody, we love you and understand and feel your pain, we just want to reach out and hug and hold you.
Much love to you Karen. Rest in peace sweet Cody
Chris

Cincy'sMom
04-03-2003, 02:55 PM
I can't even begin to imagine the terrible loss that you are feeling. Know that we are all here for you, crying with you and sending hugs and prayers from every corner of PetTalkville.

I'm glad you were able to have some special times with your boy over the past several days, as you prepared to say goodbye.

RIP Sweet Cody. You will be missed.

Stenograsaurus
04-03-2003, 03:41 PM
I don't think I can say anything that hasn't already been said. Thank you for sharing Cody with us. Through you we all fell in love with that sweet boy and are feeling your pain right now. My heart goes out to you. The only thing that will ease the pain is time. Remember, if God leads you to it he'll lead you through it. I will pray that He will provide the strength you need to make it through this terrible time.

carrie
04-03-2003, 04:13 PM
Karen, you have been so blessed to know Cody and he was equally blessed to know you. The bond you developed will not be broken and the lessons you learned from each other will never be lost. You have such a huge impact on each others lives when the bond is so close and when the loss of a pet is felt so deeply it is a sign that there is also much to be thankful for and much to celebrate. The grief will enclose you for a time and it will hurt for longer. The exceptional bond will be the thing that sees you through. That love and understanding have changed you and will affect the decisions you make in the future. Cody has changed your world for ever and he will continue to do so. He will still be there when you need him and it is the physical element of Cody that is all you need to grieve for, not Cody as a personality for that will never leave you. Bonds of love that are strong and true can not be broken because his body is gone.
My thoughts and love are with you every minute. It is not the end of anything, it is only the start of things being different.
Much love, dear friend, to you and to Cody.
Bless your heart Cody, you touched so many lives and made them better for it.

Cisco's Mom
04-03-2003, 06:01 PM
So sorry to hear that you had to let your baby go. It was the best thing you could do and Cody is now playing with all the other pets that have gone on before him. He is playing without any of the pain and just remember that you will meet up with Cody again and what a happy day that will be!:) Just remeber that you took good care of him and had plenty of good times.

jackiesdaisy1935
04-03-2003, 06:10 PM
Karen, dear friend, it took me a while before I could post, I know what you are feeling, I felt like you when we had to take Kona in who had been with us for 15 years. You and Cody had such a strong bond that he will live in your heart forever, he will still be watching out for you, the bond between you both is strong and enduring and some day you will be together again.

I understand the love you have for him, I have that with Daisy, she is my love, my salvation and my best friend just as Cody was to you. Karen, he loved you so much and I know how much you loved him to let him go so that he would not suffer any more.
As some have said the only thing you can do is mourn for him, cry and remember him, believe it or not it does get better with time, hard to believe that right now, he will always be with you, but time will help.

If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask, we are all here for you and wish you the best and you know how much we all love you. Please take care of your self.
Love
Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy

Cookiebaker
04-03-2003, 06:17 PM
Dear Karen, there isn't much that I can add that hasn't already been said. I am crying with you, and yet can't even imagine the pain that you are feeling right now. Dearest Cody is free from pain now, and running like a puppy...no blemishes and no hurts.

Warm thoughts sent your way,

Anna

marysmerrycats
04-03-2003, 07:05 PM
I'm so sorry for you loss! you did do the right thing, and I know how you are hurting. the only way to get thru it is one day at a time. when I lost my Cookie last year, it was hard, so I know how you feel.
I am not usually in the dog section, what was wrong with Cody?

sisterdog
04-03-2003, 07:29 PM
Dear Karen, there's little I can add that hasn't already been said so eloquently by others. I just want to extend my condolences and wish you strength through the days ahead. It will eventually get easier and you will look back on all the good times with Cody. Remember he waits for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

KYS
04-03-2003, 07:43 PM
Karen, I am so sorry, I don't know what
I could say to ease your pain.
I wish I could hold you and give you hugs
for comfort. Cody will be in your heart and soul
for ever.

Cody, watch over Jackie and always let her know you
are near.

Logan
04-03-2003, 07:45 PM
I was sitting with my little family tonight, three yellow faces staring at every bite we took, and we were talking about Karen and Cody. It dawned on me that without Cody, I would never have met Karen. She would never have had a reason to join in the "talk" at Pet Talk if not for him, and look how many of us would have missed out on meeting a wonderful friend!!

God Bless you, Cody, for helping to bring so many people together!!! :)

slick
04-03-2003, 07:52 PM
RIP Dear Cody. We all love you very much. Please say hi to Trixie and Toshie. They love to play ball.

Karen: I'm sobbing along with you. I wish there was something I could do to take away the pain. Rest easy and smile with the memories.

luv

lizbud
04-03-2003, 08:25 PM
Karen,

I found this poem and wanted to share it with you. Please
know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. If you need
to talk, to cry or to just share memories, we are all here for
you anytime. Love & Hugs. Liz.

Life's Eternal Song

I hold you 'till Life's Breath is gone
I cry for all I'm worth
Even though I know we share a memory
Of you and I on Earth.

As I sit upon the windowsill
Looking out into the rain
There's still a brightness in the sky
That clears away the pain

As I look into the Heavens
I feel that you are gone
But I know that you are there with God
Singing Life's Eternal Song

-By: Rachel Schlow, age 10

captain
04-03-2003, 08:59 PM
Karen,

I am currently away on a business trip, and just quickly managed to check the board for Darling Cody's status.
I am now in tears, and have a presentation to do in 10 minutes! Sorry I did not post before today ..... :(

Beloved Cody boy - Rainbow Bridge is a even better place with you up there, looking down on your precious Mummy. You are so loved - by us all.

Karen, hugs, loves and kisses from my gang to you. Let it all out, everyone will understand, you know we always will.

Love
Michelle

Aspen and Misty
04-03-2003, 09:05 PM
O I am so sorry ::hugs:: If you ever need to talk you may PM me, I lost my Chewy only 4 weeks ago tomrrow, but it seems like ages since I've last touched his fur. I know how hard it is to loose your son. I wish that I could offer you some words of comfort but I know there are none. Just know you did the right thing and Cody was one lucky pup to have such a wonderfull mom like you.

::hugs::

Ash

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-04-2003, 12:12 AM
I am so so sorry for your loss Karen! I know there are no words that can make you feel any better... just know that Cody is where there is no more pain.. no tears.. and he is happy. We love you. *HUGS*

*LabLoverKEB*
04-04-2003, 08:09 AM
Oh, Karen, I just don't know what to say. I am so terribly sorry to hear about your dear, swet Cody. I know you loved him, and he loved you. He was such a beayutiful, sweet dog. I am so sorry.:( :(

micki76
04-04-2003, 09:59 AM
Karen,
I’m just now able to post. I read your thread just after you posted it yesterday, but I was unable to post then, I was in so much agony for you. I understand the pain. Bless Cody. What a wonderful friend he was to you. You will be together again, whole and well.
Cody play, run, jump, and fetch that ball boy! Stolly & Tinker will help the other doggies show you around the Rainbow Bridge. They’ll also show you where to wait for your mommy on that day you hear her call your name.

Sudilar
04-04-2003, 10:08 AM
How are you holding up today, Karen? Just want you to know that I am still thinking of you and praying for strength for you. Continuing hugs.....

oodlesofpoodles
04-04-2003, 05:15 PM
I have been away for a few days, I am so terribly sorry to hear the news of Cody. Karen, my heart goes out to you. Cody will always be with you in spirit. There's not anything that I could say that hasn't already been said in this thread. I am so sad for you.

Cinder & Smoke
04-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Hi, God ~

Thanks, Dear God...

For sending Cody down here to be wiff Miz Karen all these years...

For having Miz Karen be such a Loving FurMom...

For these last few days of togetherness -
such a Blessing for both Cody and Karen...

And for leavin the lights on - atta Bridge,
an having GranPaw there to help call Cody up to Your Howze.

And God ~
Will You please get tagether wiff Cody an GranPaw ~
try to all pick anudder FurKid for Karen an GranMaw to Love...
lil bit like Cody - but maybe a lil differnt, too.
Send the New FurBall down soon as You can...
Karen an GranMaw are awful lonesum - an they dont wunt
their Love :) to go to waste.

Thanks, again, God.

/s/ the Prayer Pups

captain
04-04-2003, 08:52 PM
Phred

That's Beautiful .... lets us hope a new furkid arrives really soon.

iceyshiver21
04-04-2003, 09:09 PM
OH...Karen....Im so sorry, I know how hard it can be, When I love my pup to parvo, I couldnt stand to look at his collor at just a few days before I had looked and admired it because it was the first puppy collar I ever got to buy. Its very hard, but I found that talking about it with Pettalkers really helps. Now Cody is on Rainbow Bridge with my Techihhila. Dear sweet Cody you will always be missed.

**If you need someone to talk to just pm me..

carole
04-04-2003, 11:19 PM
oh karen , your story made my throat tight and brought tears to my eyes, its so hard and painful, i know its only been 9weeks since my sooti left me, i just cried and cried every day for 6 of those weeks, its the best thing u can do , lexie has filled the empty void for me now, but i would say u have to know yourself when the time is right or if ever, to get another wee puppy. Right now it will be the last thought on your mind.
A very hard decision for you karen, and my heart and thoughts go out to you, hugs karen and i am thinking of you, your lovely doggy will be at rainbows bridge with my sooti now, maybe they have become friends who knows, just grieve as much as u can karen, take care.

RockyRoad
04-05-2003, 08:02 PM
I feel horrible about missing this thread.

Karen, I type this through tears. I am so sorry that this had to happen. Cody was a very special dog, and you are a very special person. God made a wonderful choice, bonding you and Cody together. It was a match made in heaven.
You made such a brave decision, but it was the right thing to do. Thank God he will be pain-free up there, and someday you will again meet with him. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Godspeed to the RB, sweet Cody.
{{{{Hugs}}}}
Britt

Jessica12345
04-06-2003, 02:41 PM
oh my. there are tears flowing out of my eyes right now! i think i might flood my house :( :( Im so terribly sorry to hear about cody's passing. You two were a match made in heaven. you are very brave, and you made the right desicion. Now he is happy on the rainbow brige, painfree, playing with his friends. Im so sorry. May cody forever R.I.P.

:( :( Many many **hugs*** to you. take care and be strong:( :(

*Jess

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-07-2003, 07:29 AM
Karen,

I am several days behind and I appologize for not posting sooner.

I am in tears after reading your post. So much love and pain. I know that it broke your heart to send him away but you only did it out of love. You are a very selfless person. Cody is no longer uncomfortable and no longer suffering.

R. I. P. Cody. You will be missed by us all.

jaquetta
04-07-2003, 11:23 AM
I am so sorry for your loss..I know the grief you are feeling..I deal with it by just trying to hold on and remember the good times and that way I know they are still with me..

My thoughts and prayers are with you

jaquetta

Stenograsaurus
04-07-2003, 02:58 PM
Karen,
I just wanted to let you know that I think of you often. Every time I think of Cody's passing I picture one of our fallen soldiers hugging Cody before he enters Heaven's Gates.

K9karen
04-07-2003, 09:34 PM
Thank you all for your cards and calls and kind, consoling words... Being home without Cody. especially this weekend was awful. I know it'll take a lot of time. We see and hear him all the time. One day at a time...... :(

Sudilar
04-07-2003, 09:37 PM
Hang in there, Karen. Thinking of you daily. I know how hard it is.

*LabLoverKEB*
04-07-2003, 11:12 PM
Oh, Karen, I just had to tell you agin how sorry I am. I know Cody loved you, and you loved him. This is such a rough time for you.

I remember when my dear Teal died, every night for a week, I cried myself to sleep. PM if you need someone to talk to, I am again very sorry for your loss.:( :(

wolf_Q
04-09-2003, 12:54 AM
So sorry for not replying to this thread earlier...I just didn't know what to say that others hadn't said already. :(

Rest in peace handsome Cody boy, you will forever be loved...by many.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid59/p7d31ede3a3ac0f15bc612825ff5b1aad/fc5e15db.jpg

captain
04-09-2003, 12:59 AM
That is a beautiful drawing ..................

Rest in peace, beautiful Cody boy.
Loved by all, and thought of always

Logan
04-09-2003, 05:03 AM
Oh, Amy, the picture of Cody is just beautiful! Has Karen seen it? She will love it, if she hasn't!! :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-09-2003, 05:57 AM
That is a great drawing Amy! I am sure Karen will love it!

Pam
04-09-2003, 05:58 AM
Amy that is a beautiful picture and looks just like him. You have so much talent! I know Karen will love it.

anna_66
04-09-2003, 07:32 AM
Amy, that was so sweet of you to do that drawing, it's great:)

tatsxxx11
04-09-2003, 08:19 AM
Amy, that is beautiful! I'm sure Karen will love it and be SO touched by your great kindness.:)

Sudilar
04-09-2003, 10:00 AM
Amy, the drawing is beautiful. You are so talented! I got misty-eyed looking at it. Karen will love it.

Rachel
04-09-2003, 11:13 AM
That's the big galoot alright. Amy, what a wonderful way to honor Cody for Karen.

Karen, how are you holding up, girl? You are still on our minds. We know the pain doesn't go away very quickly, but I do hope you are eating and getting some rest and taking care of yourself.

Sudilar
04-09-2003, 11:17 AM
Please check in Karen and let us know how you are doing. We worry about you, too, you know!!

carole
04-09-2003, 03:37 PM
Karen just thinking of you too at this sad time, cody will have left a huge gap in your life and alot of pain in your heart, and its hurts so much, i know, take care karen, hugs .:)

K9karen
04-10-2003, 01:52 PM
Sorry to have frightened anyone with my absence...The beginning of my first unemployed week had me thinking I was on vacation. The last few days of dreary, cold rain didn't help, so when Sandra called me this morning to check this thread, I pinched myself, got dressed, met a friend for lunch (the other girl who got laid off) came home, slapped myself to snap myself out of this depression, and then of course, just GASPED-awestruck!! at Amy's sketch of my big ole galoot!!! OMG! I just PM'd her. I even called my mom over who was just as speechless as I was! It is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Better than a photo! AND her TALENT!!!! And the time and effort it took her to do that for me!!! Tears of joy! I still see and hear Cody and expect him at the door. I talk to him all the time.It's exactly one week. Finally had to see a doctor but am going to try to overcome all this by myself with no medication. I'm strong by nature, but this just rocked me to the core. I accepted my dad's death better than this and I feel a little guilty. Sandra and I were talking about pet birthdays, and even though I always celebrated and wished Cody H.B. in my heart and mind, I prayed he's never have another and would be with me for years. I'm not ready yet for another, but soon, very soon. I need stamina and energy and motivation right now. Cody was an accident-right place, right time, so I know that when I see the right one, it'll hit me just like Cody. Instant bonding. Bells and Lights and Stars. Already have names chosen. Dcided to go to the PT renuion of sorts in Doylestown PA..wish you could all be there for hugs and kisses... Sorry to ramble....Love you all TO PIECES!!!!!....k

Sudilar
04-10-2003, 02:10 PM
Karen, thanks for checking in. Hope you start to feel better soon. I know how hard it is.

Don't feel guilty because you miss Cody the most. Cody was always with you everyday. It is understandable.

When it's time, you will be blessed by furry, frito feet again. Somehow, some way, Cody will send you a hint.

Hugs and hang in there!

Songlover
04-10-2003, 07:26 PM
Dear Karen,

Never worry that you are alone!Any of us who have ever lost a beloved pet understand your feelings completely!!! He was a wonderful dog and your found each other, thankfully!!! You will never forget Cody and that is how it should be. When my beloved cat, Diva, passed away at age 14, I was not at all prepared, even though she was old and sick. I saw her out of the corner of my eye for quite some time after. She was just so much a part of my life, as was your Cody. These things take time, and I feel that you are doing very, very well in spite of the pain you must be feeling. We all understand how you feel. Take care.....from Deborah in Montreal

captain
04-10-2003, 08:53 PM
Karen,

Tears still come to my eyes whenever you post about your beloved Cody.

Being strong is hard, trying not to be emotional is even harder. Just know that we are all here for you - whether near or far.

Keep on checking in ....... we miss you :)

Rachel
04-10-2003, 09:37 PM
I was cleaning out some things today and came upon this poem in a publication from a local shelter .

When I'm gone, release me, let me go
You mustn't tie yourself to me with tears.
You can only guess how much you gave me in happiness..
Grieve for me a while, if grieve you must.
Then let your grief be comforted by trust..
And then when you must come this way alone,
I greet you with a lick and bark, "Welcome home".

captain
04-10-2003, 10:23 PM
That is beautiful ....

sammi
04-11-2003, 11:51 AM
Just hoping your having a good day today - still thinking about you and Cody.

Beautiful picture (drawing) of Cody! Great Amy!:p

gini
04-11-2003, 04:04 PM
After posting my feelings to Karen, I avoided this thread...........it made me cry every single time - and it is doing it again, right now!

But, look what I missed!

Amy, that is the dearest thing you have done for Karen. How very thoughtful and so beautiful of Cody!!

Laurie
04-11-2003, 06:44 PM
Hi Karen,

Oh my gosh!!! Thursday April 3 was the happiest day of my life. I signed on to the computer that overcast morning and what smiled back but the picture of my Emmy! It was a total suprise. I was the happiest "MOM" on cloud nine.

Today, a week and a day later I found Pet talk. For 11 months every day, I have been checking for Em's picture and never knew about this part!

Also today I read your message about Cody and I burst into tears. The poor women at my office came running and didn't know what to think as I stared at my computer screen! I am sooo sorry to read about Cody. It's funny how such a wonderful day can suddenly turn blue. Please know that even though I have never met you, you have touched a place in my heart, both you and Cody. I hope as each day passes the pain will be less and less. Words can not express how much sorrow I feel for you. I am so glad Emmy was the DOTD, as she was smiling for you and letting you know everything is going to be alright.

Hugs to you,

Love Laurie and Emmy

K9karen
04-12-2003, 11:50 AM
I'm so sorry that I'm going on forever about this.
Some days are Ok, but today, Saturday, is dreadful, even though it's so beautiful outside..the first thing I would do is take Cody outback for some rays while I drank my morning coffee....
I still have his bed and dishes out...maybe today I will wash them and pack them up. His leash is still by the back door...
My friend John came over yesterday for dinner and a movie and whereas I would be all dolled up with makeup, I just flew out of the house looking like I just got out of bed. Then I return and there's no Cody at the door
You all must think I'm insane. I'm not crying as much but the pain in my heart is overwhelming. I can't even get myself to return his unopened cans of food to the vet. And no call yet for his remains. The thought of it taking so long..I had no idea..is making me ill.
Anyway...I've commissioned Amy to do a 9x12 of Cody's picture for me! It's so lovely and perfect, ever detail is exact..all that from a photo! She is absolutely amazing! We will frame it and hang it in a place of honor..maybe the kitchen..his favorite room!!!
Selfish me...let's all say a prayer for Sandra's beloved Squeekers who crossed the Bridge yesterday. he put up a gallant fight, our sweet piggie and Sandra was the most incredible, wonderful mom.....

carole
04-12-2003, 02:45 PM
oh karen i feel your pain my friend, its going to take time, so dont be hard on yourself and let those memories flood in , its what u need, its the hardest part, but u have to go through this grieving process, and i know how much it hurts, it will get better, but for now its going to be rough, let those tears flow,and flow if u can,those fond memories will hurt just now,and all the little things like seeing his leash etc.
I did not see this fantastic picture i hear about that amy did, is there anywhere i can find it, i am so curious its sounds really amazing, isnt that great she did that, and u have got her to do another large one for you.
Well Karen i hope there is a little comfort here for you, i am thinking of you and sharing your grief, u take much care now, and keep us posted as to how u r doing WE CARE ok:)

tatsxxx11
04-12-2003, 03:20 PM
Thank you so much Karen, for taking the time to remember my special little boy in the midst of your own grief. You are the dearest of friends and today, this rainy, sad Sat., I cry along with you; for Squeeker, for Cody and for all of those who have passed. Love, Sandra

carole
04-12-2003, 03:23 PM
Dear Sandra, tell us all about squeeker, i am new here, i am so sorry to hear you lost your dear squeeker too, my thoughts are with you , take care and hugs to you

Cinder & Smoke
04-12-2003, 04:54 PM
Hi and {{{Huggs}}} Karen ~

Don't be in too much of a rush to pack away all of Cody's *things*...
They will make nice Welcome Home gifts for the lil FurBall Dear Cody will be sending your way in the future.

Try this...
When my Dog of a Lifetime, Dear Casey, passed on to the Rainbow Bridge :( many years ago; I too, was devistated. Since she went to work with me EVERY day, the shop seemed so empty without her...
I went to a florist shop - bought a tiny little non-descript "plant", and set it on her favorite rug in the shop. It grew like a weed - 4 feet tall in a few years... The sight of that Live Plant - in Her Space - gave me a lot of comfort and encouraged fond memories.

HI, to both Cody and Casey!
Rest In Peace, Dear Kids...

{{{Huggs}}} Karen!

/s/ Phred

lizbud
04-12-2003, 06:47 PM
Hi Karen,

Thank you for checking in. We miss you & think of you daily.
Please don't worry that anyone thinks you are "going on"
about the loss of your best friend Cody. It took me weeks,
months to even move a throwrug that Buddy had laid on.His
bowls were washed, but I could not bring myself to put them
away so , instead, I turned them over but left them out on his
special eating spot in the kitchen. The day I picked up Buddy's
ashes, I did feel some sense of relief that somehow the circle
of life was now complete & that my Bud was not "out there
somewhere" but back home safe with me. It was closure of
sorts. I still keep Buddy's collar on the dresser in my room.
Most of us here know exactly where you are right now & morn
with you. Please know that you (&Mom) are in my prayers every
day. Take care of yourself my friend. Hugs from Liz & Moki.

gini
04-12-2003, 07:34 PM
Karen, this is just a thought that has comforted me! I also have a painting of my two Rainbow Bridge cats - Patches and Magic.

When I lost them, I have draped their collars on the frame of the painting - one on each side.

I can't tell you how often I have touched them - knowing they wore them for so many years.

You might want to do this with Cody's collar too.

Karen, when you love a pet so deeply - and they sense that and give you back a thousand fold...........it takes a long time to get over the loss. You just grieve as long as you need!

You keep coming back and telling us about how you are doing, because I bet there isn't a one of us here that doesn't know exactly how painful this time is for you. I cry for you each time I re-visit this thread.

Hugs from Gini and Rascal!

Sudilar
04-12-2003, 10:38 PM
Karen, you are not alone. When our furbabies mean so much to us, it is hard to let them go. It takes time. You will be able to smile again, some day. Some days are worse than others.

I wish you could get through the pain faster, but it takes a while. As someone on the liver-d bb always says...the pain you feel is equal to the love you gave.

Hang in there and keep checking in. We care.

anna_66
04-13-2003, 03:20 PM
Please never think that you are "going on", because your not.

I'm glad to hear you've gotten Amy to do a picture for you, I'm sure you'll be very happy with it, needless to say, she does wonderful work!

Take Care of yourself.

Anna

Stenograsaurus
04-14-2003, 02:21 PM
I don't know what else to add. I just wanted to let you know that I think of you often. You were the subject of my prayer request at church this week. Please don't ever feel sorry for "going on". We don't feel that way at all. We are all here for you and care about you. It's been four years since I lost my souldog, Kilo, and I still have his collar hung on my wall in my bedroom. It's the last thing I look at before I go to sleep and the first thing I look at when I get up in the morning.

K9karen
04-15-2003, 08:42 PM
Thanks dear friends.. I'm hanging on...still have Cody's things sprewed around. I was doing better until today since the weather was so beautiful, he would have been outside with me as I planted flowers. So, certain things really hit hard. Amy is doing a Cody portrait for me. I returned Cody's cans of food and unused Rimydal to the vet on Sunday and paid my balance which included cremation which I didn't expect so seeing it in writing just tore me up. I agree with all of you..when I get his remains so he's with me, I'm sure I'll be able to move on better. Yes, I kiss his tags every night. I've been taking Denver, the neighbor's pug on walkies and it makes me feel more normal. Now they say that Denver is always running to my porch!!!

Logan
04-16-2003, 08:48 AM
My dear friend, I know you are still so sad, but I am so glad you have found a walking buddy in the little pug! That's good therapy for you and wonderful for him too!

Just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you constantly. If you need a yellow hair fix, I know three sweet girls who would be glad to have some hugs and kisses from you!! :)

Logan

lovemyshiba
04-16-2003, 10:13 AM
Karen,
I know it is hard, and you can come on here and talk all you want about sweet Cody--that will help you too. And don't be in a hurry to put all of his things away--you don't have too!!!

I just realized you were in PA, but I'm not sure where Glenside is? Anyway, if you're feeling up to it, there are 2 dog shows I am planning on attending this summer--one here in State College, and one outside of Williamsport--maybe we could meet there.

I'm glad you found a walking buddy in the pug--it is so great for both of you!!
Still thinking of you every day--only time can heal the wounds.

Albea
04-16-2003, 12:10 PM
Dearest Karen,
I think of you every day and know that the pain is still there.Our "virtual" shoulders are always here when you need a good cry. You may not believe it now, but it will be get better with time.
When my Grand Duchess Irina, my second Golden, went to the other side of the Rainbow, I planted a shrub in her memory that blooms with yellow flowers in the spring. It's a sign of renewal and a reminder of how much she loved to garden with me in the backyard. The urn with her ashes is in a double planter that I fill with impatients every summer.
Now that the good weather has arrived, you may find something you would like do as a memorial to dear Cody.
I'm glad that you found a walking buddy and I'm sure he's happy for all the attention you give him.
Big hug from me and many kisses from Carina.

wolf_Q
04-16-2003, 11:32 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their comments about the drawing, and to Karen....I'm very honored to be doing a portrait of your beloved Cody.

K9karen
04-16-2003, 11:32 PM
You all were experienced and right... I picked up the boy's remains tonight. My first thought was the heaviness of the cedar box so I knew it was my BIG GALOOT! First time since he was a wee pup that I was able to carry him....Attached was a beautiful certificate of authenticity, a Rainbow Bridge poem which made me cry...But you know what? I actually felt closure! Of course I had to open and look, but it didn't freak me out at all. Now I know he'll ALWAYS be with me. Cody's place of honor is the book shelf in the family room next to the lounge chair where dad and I always sat. I can put my hand on it. How can I ever ever thank you all? I think this will be my final thread on the subject. I finally feel a sense of peace, not totally, but much better. I needed Cody with me, regardless of how. I love you guys....

carole
04-17-2003, 05:36 AM
Karen dont feel u have to put closure to this thread, only if you want to, anytime you wanna talk about cody, please feel free, i am certain no-one on here will mind, we all understand., hope to hear from you soon.
Have you thought of posting a memorial on the lovely websites for cody, just a thought. take care karen, thinking of you.