PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of our girls

SadiesDad
12-13-2001, 09:43 AM
This is my first try at posting. I've really enjoyed all the stories and advice everyone has shared. Now it's my turn to share, and since I'm new to the dog-owning world, I will share some pics.

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/033/JA/U2/hZ/Ky34120.jpg
Here is Sadie in front of our fireplace. She is still trying to figure out if she likes it or not...
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/035/Du/pp/4G/Kp41705.jpg
One of Sadie's favorite hobbies, watching out the window. We had no idea this would turn out to be so cool a picture... :D
http://wsphotofews.excite.com/035/1Z/9d/6V/KD39868.jpg
Sadie and her new little sister, Cincy.

Hope everyone likes them. (Hope this works, too!) ;)

purrley
12-13-2001, 09:48 AM
Yes it worked and Sadie and Cincy are simply adorable - thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures :) :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-13-2001, 09:51 AM
OMG! Sadie is such a gorgeous and beautiful doggy and Cincy is so adorable and cute.

You should be very proud!

Thanks for sharing.

jennifert
12-13-2001, 10:05 AM
WOW! What beautiful dogs! And fantastic pictures! Are they related in "real life"? How old?

RachelJ
12-13-2001, 10:07 AM
New to the dog owning world and already on your second dog? I think you will do just fine. You seem to have taken to it like a duck takes to water. You pictures are wonderful, but you can't stop with that. Come on, let's here some more about Sadie and Cinci. How did you come into the adventure of sharing your life with a dog? Where did Sadie and Cinci come from? Hopefully you even have a few NAWTEEDAWG stories to share with us. Every now and then one of the dogs themselves take to the computer to paw out a tale or two, so share the keyboard if one or the other is so inclined. And last of all welcome to Pet Talk, you are among friends.

jennifert
12-13-2001, 10:09 AM
My dog Duncan LOVES the fireplace. He lies right in front of it and looks like an LL Bean commercial! I see in the backgroundthat you're feeding them IAMS. I just went to the vet last night and he emphasized again the importance of feeding them at LEAST Iams, if not something better. For a first time dog-owner, you're on the right track!!

SadiesDad
12-13-2001, 11:30 AM
Thanks for such great and quick replies! Yup, so far 3 people have said we have an Iams commercial in the making. :D
The stories on the girls...Well, my wife and I were married in November, 2000, and we decided that we would start looking for a dog after the honeymoon. My wife loves dalmations, and we found Sadie through a friend. Her mom is a dal, and her dad was assumed to be the registered black lab next door. So we're pretty sure she's a 50/50 mix. We picked her out from a "home litter", and she became our baby girl last December. She has been a wonderful dog, and I couldn't ask for better.
My new job lets me off the last week of the year for holiday, so Sadie and I spent a lot of time working out the pecking order, the rules, and just where the best rubs and scratches need to be. Now, she is a beautiful girl of almost 14 months. She is a sweetheart, and wonderful with everybody. She hardly barks, has never growled, and is a "talker". She makes a series of grunts and coos to get her message across.
Well, this past November we started talking about getting a sister for Sadie, but she is so reserved, we decided that we should look for a younger girl, so that Sadie would be the older, and have more potential to be higher up in the family pack. So, my mother-in-law calls about an article for free lab-mix puppies. We decided we'd look, and that we'd bring Sadie to help with the decision. Sure enough, we ended up bringing Cincy home that day. She was a little nervous when we got her, and Sadie at first did not want to have anything to do with her. I started to think maybe we made too hasty a decision. But Sadie came to understand that she was not being replaced, and that a little playmate could be pretty cool. Now they play almost constantly. Cincy (11 weeks) is still learning the ropes: "potty is outside," Sadie does not always like to be chewed on, sit, down, come, stand, and wait (boy that one is hard at dinnertime!). She is doing well, still learning, but seems to be catching on quickly.

12-13-2001, 11:49 AM
You have beautiful fur-kids! WOW!!! I love those pictures. Cincy looks like such a doll and Sadie is the good "big-sister" I can see ;)

Welcome to the board. As Rachel said, you are DEFINITELY among friends and we would love to see more pics and hear about all the stories there are to share!

Happy Holidays to you and your family :)

Albea
12-13-2001, 12:04 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! You'll feel very much at home here ;) The girls are beautiful, thank you for sharing their pictures.

Rottie
12-13-2001, 12:15 PM
Great pictures! Cincy is adorable!!! :) Sadie is very beautiful, too. :D

shais_mom
12-13-2001, 12:18 PM
Welcome!
Your pups are beautiful!
I am with you in the 11 week old dept!
I just got a golden retriever puppy and she is 11 weeks! I got her when she was 6 weeks.
Where are you from in OH? I am from Upper Sandusky. I am originally from Kenton OH
We have a member from Toledo, Youngstown, Galion, Columbus.
A friend of mine has a dalmador named Homer.
Or a labradation!
Welcome and we will look forward to hearing PUPPY ANTIC STORIES!

zippy-kat
12-13-2001, 12:56 PM
What beauties!
Welcome to PetTalk!

tatsxxx11
12-13-2001, 01:05 PM
Welcome! You WILL love it here amongst all of us dog lovers! And it definitely does sound like you are already an old pro at being a doggie Dad! Your girls are beautiful! And your pictures are GORGEOUS! The one of Sadie looking out of the window speaks volumes. And precious little Cincy!! Ahhhhhhh! So glad to have met you and your beautiful family!

[ December 13, 2001: Message edited by: tatsxxx11 ]

SimbaTWonderDog
12-13-2001, 01:34 PM
omg sadie looks like this 8 month old puppy that i wanted befor i found Simba! She was a black lab dalm mix and she had the smae markings and on he back she had a big white patch with damation spots!

anyways, welcome to the board i have a 3- going on 4- year old german shepherd Pit Bull mix named Simba.... youll love it her on PT!

KYS
12-13-2001, 06:09 PM
Welcome! and thank you for sharing
your family with us.
Loved the pictures and will be looking
forward to more.

Sudilar
12-13-2001, 06:50 PM
Welcome!! Your furbabies are precious!!

jackiesdaisy1935
12-13-2001, 09:47 PM
Sadie's Dad, welcome to Pet Talk, Sadie and Cincy are just beautiful. The pictures are wonderful, just keep them coming, we all love the pictures. We have two Mini Schnauzers, Miss Daisy and Perry the two terrier terrors. I'm so glad you decided to join, you are among people who dearly love their pups.
Jackie

*LabLoverKEB*
12-14-2001, 07:21 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Sadie's Dad!!! :)

OMG!!! Your sweet doggies are sooo cute, and beautiful!

I have a Black Lab, named... SADIE!!! That's so cool, there's another sweet Sadie here! :D

Sarah & Sadie*

Golden Smiles
12-19-2001, 06:19 PM
Beutiful girls and beautiful pix!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Barbiro
12-19-2001, 07:40 PM
Welcome :D The pictures are absolutely beautiful. I especially like the one by the fireplace. Feel free to post as many as you like...we all love seeing photos.