PDA

View Full Version : Do you buy things that remind you of your pet?

primabella
04-02-2003, 07:09 PM
I was shopping today with my friend and we passed by a Carlton store. They were selling stickers of little kitties, so I looked for a puppy one (since I love them). I found this pack with a sheltie that looks exactly like my Mickey. I bought them just for that reason. Also because the others were so cute but I never buy stickers. It was just that "Mickey" one that convinced me.

Here are the stickers so you can see how similar they look. The Sheltie is first row, most to the right. (Sorry about the yellow dots, I guess it scanned that way because they are stickers)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid58/p3ebf1f41b6b88fa25456a316d962d54b/fc66dd1f.jpg

They also came with these that are really cute: (that also have a little Sheltie pup)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid58/pf18e5a729431715756144974bdb31ce6/fc66db33.jpg

So, do you buy things just because they remind you of or look like your pet? :D

jenluckenbach
04-02-2003, 07:21 PM
Without a doubt! It is difficult to find items that look exactly like your cat, because all cats are marked differently. BUT, I always look at items with several cats, and then I count the cats pictured to see if it is the number I currently own. (My head count has been steadily rising) When I had nine cats I saw a shirt that said "every LIFE should have NINE cats"

KYS
04-02-2003, 07:39 PM
You should see all the Pet stuff I have.
Akita license plate, Akita with
the American flag hooded sweatshirt,
akita candle, Akita lawn sign, Akita air brushed
T-Shirt of Sheba and Rocky,
an Akita and Norwich glass stepping stones,
Akita steif dog, a terrier stuff dog,
a Norwich sun catcher, Akita wood sign,
Akita check book cover, an Akita
address stamp, a Norwich rug hanging
that looks exactly like Pepper, and last but not
least an AKita silk screen scarf.

I have finally burned myself out,
and can honestly say, I can pass up an Akita or a Norwich item
without a blink of an eye. :D

wolf_Q
04-02-2003, 07:51 PM
YES YES YES!! LOL.

I have a few poodle and schnauzer things. Even before I got Nebo, I collected Siberian Husky items, also German Shepard ones.

But after Nebo, it's even worse! You cannot even *imagine* how many husky themed items I have! My friend and I bought entirely breed specific gifts for christmas last year....huskies for me, german shorthairs for her. Not too long ago I ordered a ton of husky crap on ebay, even the large Sandicast red siberian husky with blue eyes! :D I'm looking for Red Husky stuff everywhere, but it's much more difficult to find then the white/gray! :(

Hehe, I even have a sticker on my car that says "WARNING: Security Protection Provided by Killer Siberian Husky!" hehe :p

(and it's really really pathetic how many WOLF themed items I have, as well as just dogs in general)

iceyshiver21
04-02-2003, 08:45 PM
ALWAYS!

Nomilynn
04-03-2003, 05:03 AM
I buy cat related things all the time! I love stickers.. I like to buy them but then I don't like to use them because they are so cute :o So I'm always very selective :)

But if I saw a cat item that looked just like Tilly, Bassett or Nutmeg I would buy it without hesitation (well, depending on price of course :)) just because it was "them" :D

neko1
04-03-2003, 05:12 AM
Yep! Especially Abyssinian stuff- I even have the abyssinian listing on ebay bookmarked on my computer!!! I want abyssinian everything and anything!!!
I also have neko, cookie and pumpkin lookalike stuffed animals.:)

04-03-2003, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
I buy cat related things all the time!

so do I!! I collect little guest-soaps, in the shape of animals
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/cat-collection%204.jpg

I also collect cat-mugs!!
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/cat-collection%203.jpg

my kids & hubby say that I am crazy ...:rolleyes:

HoRsELUvR
04-03-2003, 05:51 AM
those are cute animal soaps.Sometimes if we see something in the store that reminds us of Middie or Reese, we say oh look at that and leave it alone, or sometimes we buy it.

neko1
04-03-2003, 06:12 AM
I love those cat mugs!!!