PDA

View Full Version : Any idea what breed this is?

Kirsten
04-02-2003, 12:40 PM
Maybe somebody can help us here! :) This is Whiskers, the cat of an online friend of mine. Whiskers has been rescued as a tiny little kitten, and she has already looked special then, but now she has turned into this beautiful young lady! We only have no idea what breed she is, maybe burmese?

Does anyone have a clue? :)

Here's Whiskers:
(in the second pic, you can see the fur is still missing on her belly, she has just got spayed, and she was such a brave little girl :))

Oh, edited 'cause I forgot to say: her eyes are not that orange, they are blue!

http://www.sitecenter.dk/uniqueviking/nss-folder/scrapbog/Whiskers3.jpg

http://www.sitecenter.dk/uniqueviking/nss-folder/scrapbog/Whiskers1.jpg

Kirsten

K & L
04-02-2003, 01:31 PM
Can't view the photos for some reason.

bluekat
04-02-2003, 05:26 PM
I saw the pic, but I can't be sure what breed that is. I think Burmese too, but I can't be sure.

wolflady
04-02-2003, 05:45 PM
What a pretty cat! :D It looks like she is tabby-pointed, so maybe she's a tabby-pointed ragdoll?

Whatever she is, she's just gorgeous! :D
**hugs**

Barbara
04-03-2003, 04:38 AM
Tabby pointed Himalayan?

Ok -or just a really beautiful cat:D :D :D

Kirsten
04-03-2003, 10:42 AM
Himalayan? Oh, that could be...

Thanks for your help everyone! :)

Edited to say: I was just checking some breeder's pages and thought that she could also have Javanese, Somali or Turkish Angora genes. They all have this fluffy tail but the body hair is a bit shorter.

Kirsten

Barbara
04-04-2003, 05:48 AM
Definitely nothing with Somali: Somali are the long haired Abyssinians and they are in the shape of the body and face like Abys. Tabby point would just nor occur there and also not a white fur.

sasvermont
04-04-2003, 05:57 AM
Kirsten, it is so nice to have you back!

My guess about this kitty is that she is a mixture for sure....I would guess tabby and maybe a turkish van, since the fur seems to be short on the body.... does she meow a lot? She doesn't seem to have many of the ragdoll features.... but has that cute and furry tail! So my guess is Turkish Van and Tabby....

Again, Kirsten, it is so nice to hear from you and to see your posts!

Sas:D

jenluckenbach
04-04-2003, 06:20 AM
she looks like the spitting image of the Javanese in a cat breed book I have. They have the color point markings (Like the Siamese). The coat is long and silky without undercoat (so it would lie close to the body) and without the collar (that other longhaired cats have). and a bushy tail. Blue eyes. wedge shaped head.

well, you get the idea....it looks just like her.

Kirsten
04-04-2003, 07:24 AM
Barbara, you're right about the Somali; I looked at them again and they look like long haired Abys, and they always have this reddish fur, don't they?

Hi Sas! :) Hope 'll find more time to post now! I'm so glad to be finally done with the moving!
I don't know if Whiskers meows a lot, she lives with an online friend and I don't think she ever mentioned that she's extremely vocal.

Jen, I'm also thinking that she might have Javanese genes, I found this picture on the net and it's the same long-haired, dark tail, the same blue eyes and this lynx-like face:

http://users.ev1.net/~SuBali-KLM/photos/st-john.jpg

Kirsten

kimlovescats
04-04-2003, 10:43 AM
She's STUNNING, that's her "breed"!!!! :D ;)

Karen
04-04-2003, 12:02 PM
She is an exact match to the Seal Tortie Lynx Point Balinese in mycat book, down to the" tabby "m" on her forehead, relatively smooth fur with no ruff, small oval shaped paws and plume on tail!"

jenluckenbach
04-04-2003, 02:05 PM
according to my cat breed book ( and it is a liitle old) the Balinese and the Javanese are the SAME except for color, I believe.

But Kim has it right, STUNNING is her breed.

Riles
04-04-2003, 09:10 PM
i think its a Seal Tortie Lynx Point Balinese...

carole
04-04-2003, 10:54 PM
mmh a burmese i think not, my mum has a chocolate burmese and she looks nothing at all like your kitty, you kitty has long hair by the looks of it and a bushy tail, burmese are short haired and donot have tail bushy like that, well at least in my experience, i am going to the cat show tomorrow i will c i fi c anything similar, she could have turkish van in here maybe who know, mixed in there somewhere. she is cute anyhow .:)

Kirsten
04-05-2003, 05:52 AM
Cheryl (Whiskers' mommy) asked me to thank you all for your help. She especially likes the suggestion that Whiskers' breed is "stunning"! LOL

She also starts to believe now that Whiskers might have Javanese genes 'cause she has the same personality as decribed in Javanese cats.

Thanks everyone,

Kirsten

The Cat Factory
04-06-2003, 01:31 AM
Maybe a Siamese mix?