PDA

View Full Version : Guess where I'll be???

Logan
04-02-2003, 10:35 AM
Dixie Chicks Alternative Concert Is A Go
By Jimmy Moore
GOPUSA News
April 2, 2003

GREENVILLE, SC (GOPUSA News) -- The recent comments made by the lead singer of the country music group Dixie Chicks have motivated a nationally syndicated radio talk show into action. Mike Gallagher, a native of the Greenville/Spartanburg area of South Carolina, has led the charge for a Dixie Chicks alternative concert to be held on May 1, the same night as their 51-city Top Of The World Tour begins at the Bi-Lo Center in Greenville.

After speaking with several different country acts, Gallagher was able to book The Marshall Tucker Band to headline the Dixie Chicks alternative concert, which will begin at 7:30pm on May 1 at nearby Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium in Spartanburg.

"It's a homerun for us, and we're just real proud to make them the headliners," a jubilant Gallagher said.

Country music fans became angry with the Dixie Chicks after lead singer Natalie Maines said, "Just so you know, we're ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas." Maines made the remarks at a concert in London last month.

Although Maines has since apologized for her comments, she is still being fiercely criticized by patriotic country music fans. In fact, the South Carolina House of Representatives passed a resolution last month that requires the group to put on a free concert for the troops as recompense. The group has declined comment.

Gallagher has been pleased with the response he has received about his concert.

"Obviously, this is designed to send a message that it's not OK to run down our president during this time of war," Gallagher said. "They insulted their core audience. Country music fans are red-blooded, patriotic Americans who support our military and support our commander-in-chief."

Other performers who were considered for the alternative concert included Charlie Daniels, Darryl Worley, Garth Brooks, Travis Tritt, and Toby Keith. However, each of these artists was already booked to do other concerts on May 1.

According to their policy, the Bi-Lo Center has refused to refund or exchange tickets to the sold-out Dixie Chicks concert. As a result, Gallagher will allow anyone who has a Dixie Chicks concert ticket to come to his concert for free with VIP seating and a backstage reception.

Proceeds from the Dixie Chicks alternative concert will go to provide food and personal care items for the families of military personnel in the area. Gallagher is urging the Dixie Chicks to donate the proceeds from their concert as well.

Tickets to the Dixie Chicks alternative concert will go on sale later this week at www.mikeonline.com, the official web site of The Mike Gallagher Show.

No other alternative Dixie Chicks concerts have been scheduled yet for the remaining 50 cities on the tour.

Yes, we have two Dixie Chicks tickets. Scott and Helen will be attending (if they choose to). But I and a guest (who knows who) will be at the alternative concert in neighboring Spartanburg. If you want to read more about this, you can go to www.mikeonline.com

jackiesdaisy1935
04-02-2003, 10:47 AM
Logan, if I lived in South Carolina I would be at the alternative concert with you. I hope this continues across the country and maybe the Dixie Chicks will begin to understand why it is so important to stand behind your President especially in time of War, when we have men and women fighting for all of us.
Jackie, Perry and Miss Daisy

mugsy
04-02-2003, 10:56 AM
Very cool!!! I wonder what the other 2 Chicks think of Natalie's comment now. Good for you Logan. I'm with Jackie, if I lived closer I'd be right there with you. I know they're coming to Indianapolis, perhaps I can find a country music station down there who will listen to that....maybe even Bob and Tom, even though they are on a rock station, I'm sure they would help out...hmmmm...

mugsy
04-02-2003, 11:01 AM
You inspired me Logan....I just emailed Bob and Tom in Indianapolis to see if they would help....I'll let you guys know if I hear anything.

Logan
04-02-2003, 11:03 AM
Scott has admitted that he would rather to see the Marshall Tucker Band, but since the Dixie Chicks tickets were so expensive and we got two, he will do his "fatherly" duty and take Helen. They will proudly wear their Red, White and Blue and probably wave American flags if I have my way. :)

Hey, I bought two tickets, sixth row.....come on down!!! :)

By the way, the Greenville, SC show is the Dixie Chick's opening concert for their new tour. Good for you, Molly!!! Send them to www.mikeonline.com . I don't always agree with Mike Gallagher, but I certainly agreed with him on this!!! :)

mugsy
04-02-2003, 11:06 AM
I copied the article and sent it to them so the mikeonline is in there...I hope they respond.

RICHARD
04-02-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by mugsy
I copied the article and sent it to them so the mikeonline is in there...I hope they respond.

i hope all of you realize that you are taking money out of the pockets of the ditzy chicks......you should be ashamed of yourselves, going against all that makes show biz great..capitalism, ignorance, making political statements against the president......

shame on you, shame on you ALL!!!!

mugsy
04-02-2003, 11:23 AM
*sigh* I guess they'll have to live with it won't they?? <EG>

Logan
04-02-2003, 11:28 AM
In our case, I guess they are going to get the money anyway, at least for two tickets. Now, if I could talk my daughter into it, we'd trade those ticket in in a heartbeat and get the VIP seating and meeting Marshall Tucker Band. No go, according to Helen, so her stepdad will "tough it out" with her. I'm holding down the fort at the alternative concert!!! :)

jackiesdaisy1935
04-02-2003, 12:38 PM
Logan, I think Scott and Helen should be very careful, there may be some backlash at that concert with the Dixie Chicks. Who knows what people will do? Tell them to keep a good watch on what's going on, not that I heard anything, but you can never be too careful.

Mugsy, Good luck, I hope they decide to do that alternative concert.

Jackie

tatsxxx11
04-02-2003, 03:05 PM
Does this mean the honeymoon's over???:eek: ;)

Logan
04-02-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
Does this mean the honeymoon's over???:eek: ;)

No way!!!! It will resume as soon as we get home!!! :o Actually, he is scoring points for taking Helen to see the Dixie Chicks. He went on record last night, saying he would rather see Marshall Tucker. Good on him!!! :D

mugsy
04-02-2003, 03:36 PM
Sounds like you got a keeper Logan. I would rather see Marshall Tucker too!! lol