PDA

View Full Version : Who is Edwina's New Friend?????

Edwina's Secretary
04-02-2003, 10:28 AM
This morning Edwina and I went through our usual morning routine. Break the fast, rest, bathe, get dressed, put out Shirley's breakfast. Then it is time to fill up the feeder. This time of year Edwina is hopeful I will let her go outside with me while I fill it up. If it is a nice day (as today is) and I can take a few extra minutes, I let her join me. She sniffs, looks around, then whines when I pick her up and put her back in the house.

Today we went to the door and :eek: :eek: :eek: .....there was a CAT sitting ...bold as brass.....right in the middle of the Edwina Entertainment Center (EEC)!!!! This brazen cat....a solid gray with longer fur than Edwina (much resembling the photo of Storm in KAK signature) was sitting and staring at The Mouse House!!!

I went out a different door and confronted Mr. Gray (not terrible bright he looked at me then ran into the bushes limiting his escape routes.) I let him pass, he ran up a tree and over the six foot fence.

Edwina's behavior was odd....she seemed more embarrassed than her usual anger at a feline intruder. Do you suppose......

ramanth
04-02-2003, 10:42 AM
Oh my goodness!!!! :eek:

Are you going to put some food out for him. ;) :D

Barbara
04-02-2003, 11:12 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh my oh my: Poor Butter and the others. It was so sad to see Tigris in January knowing that he could never reach Edwina and I was so glad when he finally found a more reliable young lady (as a mother I think it's not too bad for him if she's a littly bossy) and now I am so terribly sorry for Edwina's suitors.

Call him Ulysses because Penelope Edwina might have been waiting for him :D :D

2kitties
04-02-2003, 11:13 AM
Possibly this suitor has come to court Miss Edwina and she has chosen not to rebuff him?????

Randi
04-02-2003, 11:29 AM
I think that Edwina had it all planned and counted on you letting her stay out for a bit, now that spring is in the air. ;) No wonder she was whining about going back in! You can bet he'll be back tomorrow morning, so Sara, you may have to get up half an hour earlier tomorrow! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-02-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by 2kitties
Possibly this suitor has come to court Miss Edwina and she has chosen not to rebuff him?????

My thoughts exactly! And not only that,but.....maybe he will turn into a live in friend????? (hint, hint) ;) :D

My boss is on vacation until next Monday (YIPEEE!!!!!) and I was going to start looking on the net for a new friend for Edwina, but now it sounds like I might not have to. ;) :D I think she's telling you "See, Mom. I don't hiss at all the kitties. I want a friend....please....????" ;) :D

04-02-2003, 12:41 PM
Okay sara, this is your job for tomorrow morning: get up one half hour earlier, ! Be sure NOT TO FORGET to take camera with you!

We are waiting...:D (for the pics, of course..:p ;) )

momoffuzzyfaces
04-02-2003, 12:46 PM
Sounds like Edwina may have picked out a new beau and you just met him.:D

slick
04-02-2003, 01:02 PM
Well, I was really hoping that Miss Edwina and Mishka would get together but I guess we have no say in the affairs of the heart.

Edwina's Secretary
04-02-2003, 02:19 PM
Well...don't write off Mishka/TiTi/Moo/or a certain singing cat in Canada yet.

Truth is I'm not really sure of Mr. Gray's gender or intentions. I thought I saw something jump over the fence the other morning when I went out so he/she is obviously a regular (I doubt the birds like that :( :eek: ) He/she appears well fed and healthy so I doubt a stray.

I'll try and get a photo. I thought of that too late this morning.

What I would like to know is why no one suggested I get up LATER tomorrow morning to try and catch a photo of him???? I would like that suggestion much better than that I get up earlier!;) ;)

AmberLee
04-02-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
...What I would like to know is why no one suggested I get up LATER tomorrow morning to try and catch a photo of him???? I would like that suggestion much better than that I get up earlier!...

Hee, hee, hee! We think alike. :eek: Woh-oh: watch out world!

krazyaboutkatz
04-02-2003, 11:49 PM
Sara, I also think that Edwina would like cat friend to play with so this could be a male or female. I sure hope you're able to get a piture of he/she soon. :)

catmandu
04-03-2003, 09:45 AM
:D :D :D :D JJJ is estatic that the parcels finally arrived and EDwina got all 4 toys and his photo at the same time. Does she like the AWA mice or the little ball , or JJJs favorite , the little heart!I like to give the Animal welfare association mousies , as thge proceeds go to the homeless. JJJ will be in 7th heaven to see he was mentioned in your lateset thread. Please give the stray a dish of food , I got Rascal and Cassandra out of an unloving home that way. and thank you for your kind words abouit Sheba the new Cat Angel! Gary Cats and RB Cats!