PDA

View Full Version : Does Your Pet Have Its Own Bed?

kohala
04-02-2003, 03:26 AM
LOL!!!!!!!:D
Yes, and she's kind enough to let us sleep in it with her at night. One small cat, one queen size cat bed!! LOL

Fuzzy317
04-02-2003, 03:55 AM
Jackson, Rosie, Twidgit, and Ashton cycle between our bed, our futon, and the floor in the Cat Room.
Ashton and Twidgit also add Sassee's dog bed into the cycle.
Eli gets on the floor anywhere.
Ginger is still in crate training, so she sleeps at night in her crate.
Sassee has a dog bed, but she migrates between it and our futon. :rolleyes:

neko1
04-02-2003, 05:19 AM
Yep they have 2 beds and of course the couches, tables, etc....;)

PayItForward
04-02-2003, 05:50 AM
Our cats will sleep on the following:-

One giant cat bed in the living room.
Spare sofa bed in spare room
Our king size bed.
On the windowsill
On the floor

kohala
04-02-2003, 10:06 AM
It occured to me as I laughed while reading this Poll Question that the categories should be " "Yes", "No", and "The Human's Bed"!!! Of course, we all know that it isn't relly the human's bed at all - we're just allowed to sleep in it!:cool: :D

mugsy
04-02-2003, 11:13 AM
Yes they do...OUR bed! lol Although they like the chairs in the bedroom also.

wolflady
04-02-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by kohala
LOL!!!!!!!:D
Yes, and she's kind enough to let us sleep in it with her at night. One small cat, one queen size cat bed!! LOL

LOL LOL I can relate! :rolleyes: How can something so small manage to take up so much room?? My Marius comes in and sleeps with me after my husband leaves for work in the morning (he gets up at 5, I get up at 7...so that's 2 hours of serious kitty cuddling for me! :D LOL ) Anyway, somehow he always manages to plant himself in the middle of the bed with me curled around him....spoiled thing!
So, I vote...YES! Our pets have their own bed....on a side note, there is a window sleeper and an actual kitty bed that our kitties lie in during the day... :rolleyes:

2kitties
04-02-2003, 02:12 PM
Yes, and they're kind enough to allow me a little space on the corner each night.

Dakota's Mommy
04-02-2003, 02:57 PM
They have their own beds, they have the living room furniture, and they try to take our bed! But, they do have lots of other places to sleep when we kick them off of our bed!

kohala
04-02-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
Yes they do...OUR bed! lol Although they like the chairs in the bedroom also.

I have GOT to see a pic of this, Mugs!! LOL!!

Cookiebaker
04-02-2003, 09:20 PM
Definitely!!! Marigold has a double sized bed all for her own personal comfort. Of course, she prefers, the cushions on the dining room chairs, or the carpeted stairs. She also has her own special quilt that is on the futon that she likes to curl up in.

Malone has 2 crates (one in the kitchen and one in our bedroom)...an LL Bean Dog bed (our bedroom)...and a whicker basket bed which is currently in the attic because he was chewing it up :eek:

kohala
04-03-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
. Of course, she prefers, the cushions on the dining room chairs, or the carpeted stairs. LOL!!!
Right - I forgot to mention all the redecorated chair cushions! All now have a nice, soft black furry covering - no great testamonial to my housekeeping skills, granted! Dad keeps the vacuum handy - LOL!

mugsy
04-03-2003, 08:30 PM
I've got one or two, I'll see if I can't hunt them down. lol

Cincy'sMom
04-05-2003, 03:48 PM
Each of our dogs have their own bed...and they do get used...soemtimes. Cincy sleep salmost every night in Sadie's bed and Spot seems to like his...Sadie sleeps in our best the majority of the time, but as also been know to curl up in hers next to Cincy, or to steal Spot's when we is in ours. Cincy is the only one of the three who will comeput to the living rom at night and sleep on the couch...th eother two always stay in our room.

kohala
04-05-2003, 06:13 PM
Years (decades!) ago, I had 13 cats (some were kittens) and a big waterbed. I woke up one morning to a humming sound - all of them were curled up in assorted catpiles on the bed with me! Some were next to me, some were in a pile of their own!! I just lay there enjoying the moment!!!

Cincy'sMom
04-05-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by kohala
Years (decades!) ago, I had 13 cats (some were kittens) and a big waterbed. I woke up one morning to a humming sound - all of them were curled up in assorted catpiles on the bed with me! Some were next to me, some were in a pile of their own!! I just lay there enjoying the moment!!!

Sounds wonderful...can you imagine if just one little sharp kitty claw found it's way through the water bed?!?

kohala
04-05-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Sounds wonderful...can you imagine if just one little sharp kitty claw found it's way through the water bed?!?

Yea, that thought occured to me at the time, too - so the bed was made an off limits zone for kitties, but not until after that delightful morning! The little ones were about 6 weeks old, six of them, and their mom, Aqualung, and Meatball the Siamese male babysitting expert (I found him "nursing" the kittens when they were about 2 weeks old - I guess he was giving mom a break!! Poor kittens, - "Got Milk?:( "), and I had Daphne, Phoebe, Aphrodite, BoBe (who was still a bit of a kitten himself), and Eric C. Reilly. I guess kitten curiosity led the older ones astray that morning!
I was a serious cat rescuer at the time.

tikeyas_mom
04-12-2003, 10:39 PM
yes Fuzzy has his own bed in the living room filled with cat nip :). Even though my moms Shih tzu Oscar likes Fuzzys bed better then his own. Fuzzy and Oscar are always fighting over this one kitty bed in the living room it is hilarious.

Tikeya has her own bed in my room, it is a wicker basket with a cow prink thing inside it :).

All three of my hamsters have their own beds as well.

Cuddles slepps in her hutch, Spur sleeps in his upsairs bunk, Whisky sleeps in his lil yellow house. :D

GoldenRetrLuver
04-12-2003, 11:25 PM
Yes, Daisy and Molly sleep on my bed!, i mean, i think they deserve it, dont u? :D

krazyaboutkatz
04-14-2003, 12:28 AM
Yes,my 3 cats have their own beds but will also sleep on mine. They also like the couch, recliner, their cat trees, and cat napper too. :) I guess you'd say that they are very spoiled. :)

Uabassoon
04-14-2003, 02:13 AM
Corkscrew and Tibby are nice enough to let me sleep on the large bed in the middle of my room. However if I start to hog it they are sure to let me know.

anna_66
04-17-2003, 07:01 PM
Angus has one in our bedroom, one in the dining room & a new one in the living room:eek: