PDA

View Full Version : Cat Names

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-02-2003, 03:05 AM
Hi everyone,

I'd love to hear how you all decided what to name your furkids......

There are such interesting names on POTD - there must be some really interesting stories behind them???:)

Ally is named Ally for two reasons:

1) 'cos she WAS an Alley-Cat when we found her and
2) my favourite program on TV was Ally McBeal, and, like her namesake, Ally-Cat is skinny, long-legged and seriously DIPPY!

Looking forward to hearing more name stories!
Julie

Fuzzy317
04-02-2003, 03:25 AM
Jackson and Rosie are still using the names they were adopted with, kind of. :rolleyes: They were adopted as Alan Jackson, and Rosie O'Grady.

I take none of the credit (or blame) for naming Twidgit. She was named by my fiancee, as a combination of twit and igit, due to how she acted as a kitten.

I gave 3 potential names for one kitten, and my fiancee picked Ashton. Its in honor of a fox terrier I once had named Ashes.

Here is another thread Why Pets' Names? (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19520)

Lerah021399
04-02-2003, 08:14 AM
Well, not much to say about my kitties names. My Ali Cat was named by me when I was a teenager (my sister would argue that she named her...she was my sister's cat at the time). I was thinking of alley cat when I suggested the name, and my sister liked it, so she decided to spell her name "Ali".

And Jack was a last pick name from my husband. It was the only name that we could both agree on. I wanted something cute, he wanted something manly, so we just decide to name him something that was neutral. In the end we had Max, Jake and Jack as choices...he picked Jack.

There are my very boring explinations of my kitties' names.

04-02-2003, 09:20 AM
This thread is about the same thing. So I'm posting it here again:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19848&highlight=cat+names

batgirl1980
04-02-2003, 11:25 AM
Mozart : My husband and I had a list of names from composers to caesars... and we had some names that were on both our lists.. so we put those on one list, and ranked them according to what we liked at the time.. Mozart was the one we had both agreed on in placement, so it won. He doesn't have a middle name....

Bach.. We figured since Mozart was a composer... why not keep going? So I had named a cat Beethoven , but it didn't make it through kitten hood.. and I didn't want to use the name again for a while..and originally they thought bach was a girl, and named him buffy.. so we stuck with the b's..and named him Bach.

Queen Elizabeth: We did not name. My husbands parents did when they had her... Their reason was they had just watched the movie "Elizabeth" when they got her, and they are big into history, so named her Queen Elizabeth... but we all call her Eliza for short... (she does answer to Elizabeth..but she knows she's either in trouble, or I couldn't wake her up when I use that form of her name)