PDA

View Full Version : Snail control

HorseGirl13
04-01-2003, 03:34 PM
I have a real problem with snails in my tadpole's tank. :( but i don't want to put a fish in there to clean it up because i'm afraid it will harass the fish.:eek: any suggestions?:confused:

shellonabeach
04-01-2003, 06:43 PM
I guess you are talking about pond snails...

No don't put a fish in there, the fish won't eat the snails.

The snails will unfortunately just keep on multiplying and the water conditions that they like and promote are the opposite to what a fish needs.

All I can suggest is clean out the tank, and remove all the snails (by hand) and put them in a pond somewhere.

Sarah

iwuvsmypuppy
04-01-2003, 07:55 PM
i agree with shellonabeach you are just gonna have to clean it out:( :rolleyes: :D

HorseGirl13
04-05-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by shellonabeach
No don't put a fish in there, the fish won't eat the snails.

Really? I always heard that goldfish love snails, and even saw it used as a solution to a problem at a pet store!!!:)

wolfsoul
04-06-2003, 07:40 PM
A goldfish won't eat a snail, but a snail would die when housed with one anyway. Goldfish carry alot of bacteria and shouldn't be housed with any other fish or animal. :)

tikeyas_mom
04-06-2003, 09:29 PM
I have 2 gold fish housed together. uhoh. ;)

iceyshiver21
04-06-2003, 10:30 PM
AHH!! SNAILS! I dont not like snails. I mean you Innocently start off with one and in a month your tank is crawling with the funny lookin things!! :p :rolleyes: :eek: :mad:

shellonabeach
04-06-2003, 10:35 PM
TM,

I think wolfsoul means that goldfish shouldn't be kept with other types of fish.

goldfish are schooling (or shoaling?) fish and in the wild live in groups, therefore it is nicest to have more than one, so they have company.

wolfsoul
04-07-2003, 06:28 PM
Yes, I meant goldfish shouldn't be housed with different kinds of fish ;) They have too much bacteria, and other kinds wouldn't be able to handle it...it would kill them :( I tried having a snail with goldfish one time, and it died the day I got it :rolleyes: