PDA

View Full Version : since it is april 1st...

RICHARD
04-01-2003, 01:07 PM
and i just dropped the boysenberry side of the sandwich i was putting together for my break on my right knee (jelly side down, of course), what are the worst office tragedies you have ever had happen to you?

riding my motorcycle to work i was drenched so i had to work in
a towel for about a half hour while the gals in central supply dried my pants.........that was interesting.

mugsy
04-01-2003, 01:47 PM
Interesting mental image!! lol

How about the time one of my 8th grade girls went into labor into class!

NoahsMommy
04-01-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
WOW!!!! That would make for an interesting day!!! 8th grade??? :( How sad....in 8th grade I was still secretly playing with Barbies. ;)

sammi
04-01-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
WOW!!!! That would make for an interesting day!!! 8th grade??? :( How sad....in 8th grade I was still secretly playing with Barbies. ;)

Ok I still played Barbies too! (secretly of course!)

I bet you loved it Richard!

One of my most tragedies was being at work and discovering I had a extra pair of very staticly underpants hanging out my pant leg!:o :o

RICHARD
04-01-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by sammi

I bet you loved it Richard!

One of my most tragedies was being at work and discovering I
had a extra pair of very staticly underpants hanging out my pant
leg!:o :o

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

now one important thing you left out was TIME......

you start work at 8:00 and you find the 'Klingon' (star trek humor there......) at 2 in the p.m.

the amount of embarrassment is directly propotional to the time
that the the item rode along, undiscovered.....

(p.s. the gals i worked with had seen me in shorts and stuff before....yes i did love it.....)

ramanth
04-01-2003, 03:38 PM
I ripped a huge hole in the bottom of my khakis :eek: :o

I refused to leave my office for the rest of the day! :p

I had to go potty real bad by the time I got home. ;) :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
04-01-2003, 03:46 PM
Gosh, the only bad thing I can remember doing at work was dropping a full crock-pot of chicken and rice on the new office carpet. What a mess. Luckily, my crock-pot didn't break.;)

Miss Meow
04-01-2003, 03:47 PM
I was crossing the street in the rain and slipped on some tram tracks, nearly did the splits in the middle of the street and tore the back split of my skirt right up to the top, exposing my butt to the world (and this is not good!) Had to hide in a building until the shops opened.

popcornbird
04-01-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by mugsy

Is that true?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

That's awful :eek: I can't imagine your reaction!

iceyshiver21
04-01-2003, 03:55 PM
I was in study hall and desided to get up to get the ruler I had :rolleyes: "accidentally" :rolleyes: flung across the room, only to trip on my binder and land right at the teacher who was soppose to watch us's feet. I was mortified to find out not only was it my new study hall teacher but the Principal too.!.!.!

neko1
04-01-2003, 05:13 PM
getting anal glands squirted all over you...need i say more?

aly
04-01-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

You and me both :o

mugsy
04-01-2003, 06:19 PM
Gee I have one pregnant right now too. That particular year, I had 3 8th graders that were pregnant and all of them kept the babies....geez...babies raising babies.

anna_66
04-01-2003, 06:39 PM
I was waiting on a group of women who had ordered strawberry margaritas. I sat one down and proceeded to spill the other 2 down my shirt & into my apron:eek: Needless to say I had a red bra, undies & socks:rolleyes:

04-01-2003, 06:45 PM
I dropped my cup of coffee all over my white blouse and light blue skirt, just half an hour before an inspector was coming to my class to give me points for my first lesson!!

Luckily the lesson was good and the teacher-inspector was in a good mood...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In another class, I had to check the weight of a bag of flour.
Of course, I dropped the bag, it was open now, and all the flour was on the floor of the class:o :o :o

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-01-2003, 06:46 PM
hope these arn't too long...

I work at the Nestle warehouse in the shipping office and I used to work with this really cool guy named Ken. and we had this supervisor named Eddie.

One day Eddie called me on the radio (the whole warehouse uses these radios to communicate) and he asked me who was working on a certain shipment and I told him Bobby Cofer. and he said "what is his last name?" and I said Cofer. .... and real quiet he said "what?" and I said Cofer... and again kinda low "what" and I said COFER... kinda loud... and again .... "what"... and I was like COFER... C-O-F-E-R!!!!!! when the whole time it was Ken at the desk right next to mine.... so the whole warehouse kept hearing me say that guys last name over and over again....:o

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-01-2003, 06:52 PM
and once Ken played a joke on my husband Eric....

Ken kept calling Eric on the radio and whenever Eric would answer he would just sit there.... and he called him only about a hundred times... Well Ken went to lunch.... (we have a supervisor here named Ken also..).... so Eric called Ken on the radio and supervisor Ken answered instead... and Eric said... "how is the weather outside.. I know you've been out there." And Ken... who JUST WALKED IN FROM SMOKING... said.. "well it is about 80 degrees.. a little cloudy and dark." I was laughing SOOOOOOOOOO HARD!!!!:D

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-01-2003, 06:56 PM
Remember the supervisor Eddie I talked about earlier?!?!?;)

Well he is kinda cranky and stuffy and someone took a picture of him and I found it... Me and Ken wrote I love you on a piece of paper in a word bubble (like in the comics) and taped it onto the picture and would stick it in various people's tray.... and when they would come in the next day and get the stuff out of their tray they would have a picture of Eddie.. saying I love you....
HA!! HA!! HA!!

I know that is corny and immature ..... but we would laugh soooo hard!!!

and we would also stick stupid stuff in people's tray too like ... training manuals and old paperwork that looked important ..... :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-01-2003, 07:04 PM
AND ANOTHER!!!!!:eek:

The radios that the warehouse workers use have a base and like a cb handheld thing and they press the side to talk (hope that makes sense)...

and Eric has a friend here named Richard... and one night when they were at lunch I took some tape and taped the part of the hand held thing that they speak into and cut it to fit right on it... and when they got back from lunch Eric would call him on the radio and you could barely hear him... it was SOOO FUNNY!! I turned my radio up all the way and the whole night when people would call him on the radio I could just barely hear him yelling "go ahead"... but no one would ever respond cause they couldn't hear him....

HA!! HA!! HA!! HA!!

slick
04-01-2003, 07:38 PM
Picture it. Vancouver, 1967. A young student in Grade 9 is proudly showing off her new dress. You weren't allowed to wear pants in those days. She's not a particularly good looking girl and certainly not very popular but wearing this new dress made her feel proud and perhaps a little bit pretty.

So this student is about to go into her science class and she just happens to have a crush on the teacher. She goes to the washroom to collect herself and use the facilities. Looking her best, she walks tall and proudly into the classroom and sits down. She notices a chill on her "bottom".

Apparently her new dress was tucked into her pantyhose..........

iwuvsmypuppy
04-01-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by sammi

One of my most tragedies was being at work and discovering I had a extra pair of very staticly underpants hanging out my pant leg!:o :o

that must have been awful!!!! but hey i am stil in grade school only bad thing that happened to me was ummm>> i dont know;)

zippy-kat
04-01-2003, 10:54 PM
slick's story reminded me of my best friend's sister's most embarrassing (on-her-way-to) work moment...

She was going back to college (after 8ish years?). First day of school on a HUGE campus. Busy, busy, busy.... LOTS of foot traffic. Jenn, having just got out of her first and only class for the day, is walking briskly towards her car. She hears, "Miss!! Miss!!" Turning around, she spies an ederly-grandma lady hurrying towards her... "Miss! Your @$$ is showing!" :o

Jenn's short-skirt had gotten tangled up in her backpack!!!

Vio&Juni
04-02-2003, 08:12 AM
I was working as a supervisor in the biggest air travel agency some years ago.
A very beautiful May morning, me in a RED dress, very large from under mmmmm let's say bra, on VERY high heels, hair done, walking like a bird. Very happy (just for the reason to feel beautiful and important!) Lots of clients.
I had to walk down some steps to get to a VERY IMPORTANT CLIENT and make sure he gets what he needs. There was a stair with very narrow steps.
MY heel got stuck and I ACTUALLY FLEW to him :D :D :D
OMG, I can't stop laughing.
My dress was all on my head like a parashute - I've never been so embarassed in my life like that time. If you can imagine, I was lying almost naked there, my dress on my head, wearing tanga...
The director was there too. Actually, he didn't think it was funny, he got scared that a broke a leg or something, the guard took me to an office. The director checked my bones to see if I am ok. They were afraid I'll sue them. Still, they haven't changed the steps, someone else fell through those steps and injured her leg worse than me.
Every time after this ... accident, when this VIP customer was in our agency, he was looking at me and was smiling like only him and I knew about what happened. There were at least 30 customers there.

lynnestankard
04-02-2003, 03:26 PM
This happened many, many years ago, on my way to the office - I was running across the road to catch a bus - my knickers ended up round my ankles!!
Apart from standing there and bursting into tears - all I could think was scoop 'em up - shove them in my handbag and carry on running!!! I still come over all hot and sweaty thinking about it!!!

Lynne

RICHARD
04-03-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
This happened many, many years ago, on my way to the office - I was running across the road to catch a bus - my knickers ended up round my ankles!!
Apart from standing there and bursting into tears - all I could think was scoop 'em up - shove them in my handbag and carry on running!!! I still come over all hot and sweaty thinking about it!!!

Lynne

hot AND sweaty??????

(behave;) )

pretty amazing- i can get you all to admit to doing some wacky stuff cooking, driving, and being hot and sweaty......

lynne,
you win!!!!!!:eek:

kingrattus
04-03-2003, 07:13 PM
It was my 3rd day at work (Post Office) & it was my first time working at night with the boys (we're all around 20ish). & boys being boys, One decided to play a prank on me. He told me that Andrew wanted to talk to me in the backroom (thats were our managers office is, parcels r kept there & so is some stock) Of course I went back there & Andrew didn't want me back there cause he was changing!!

I was very upset because I had been sexually harrased the year before & it was silly pranks just like that that started it & then turned into death threats towards me & my dog Max... So I asked the manager if she could tell them what I told her & not to play that kind of prank on me, but not get them in crap, just warn them, which she did :) & now we're all really good friends