PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember us?

Kirsten
04-01-2003, 12:03 PM
We are back, Luna and I, we finally settled in a bit in our new apartment, and I'm glad I'm done with everything now!

Things did not turn out so well for me, I lost my job a couple of weeks ago and haven't found anything new yet. Can't say the past weeks have been easy for me...

But Luna is doing fine, she loves the new apartment and has many "favorite" places, she has even got a room of her own (which she probably has to share with a little sister soon! :)) where she has her own couch and a new scratching post. She likes her room and she often wants me to follow her there, but most of the time she prefers to be where I am! :)

So what's going on here? Hope everyone's alright, I must have missed such a lot!

Luna says hi to the fur kids here! Does anyone remember her?

Kirsten

Pam
04-01-2003, 12:10 PM
Yes of course we remember you! I'm so sorry that things haven't been very good for you lately but hope that now that you are back you will have some positive and good things to report. My boys, Trevor and Andy, send lots of purrs and headbutts to Luna. :)

Edwina's Secretary
04-01-2003, 12:10 PM
Kirsten and Luna!!!!! How great to see you back again! Sorry about the job -- ouch!!! So much of that going around lately. Try and think of it as a new beginning......

and spend your spare time here!

NoahsMommy
04-01-2003, 12:12 PM
I remember you!! I've missed hearing about your gorgeous Luna!

Welcome back!! I'm sorry things are going very well, but I'm sure things will look up soon for you. :) Especially with a new little furkid in the future! ;)

Not sure how many cats we had since you've been gone, but we have 6 now. You can see them all in my signature. :D

kimlovescats
04-01-2003, 12:23 PM
So sorry about the job.... but glad to have you and Luna back!

:)

wolflady
04-01-2003, 12:24 PM
Hi Kirsten! We couldn't forget such a lovely face as Luna's! :D It's nice to see you back and posting again:) Sorry to hear about the job...I may be in that same position soon. Good luck with the search!
**hugs**

Former User
04-01-2003, 01:37 PM
Yeah, as I could forget you and Luna, one of my fave cutie pie (Luna that is ;) ) I've been to your site many times for an update...
Welcome back! :D

Kirsten
04-01-2003, 01:52 PM
Ahh, so good to be back! :)

wolflady , I'm sorry to hear that the same might happen to you soon, I hope not - good luck!

NoahsMommy, I see, you've got a few additions to your household now - congrats! :)

Niina, great to see you! I know, Luna's website definitely needs an update! I have tons of new pics, I only haven't the time so far to upload them.

Thanks to everyone for your encouraging words! It's really a difficult time for me 'because I didn't only got fired, it happened due to a very bad mobbing situation, started by someone who I considered to be a friend for 17 years. Now I have to learn what a bad person she is. I'm really, really hurt and at this point, I definitely prefer feline company. Luna has probably no idea what a huge support she is to me in these times of disappointment.

Kirsten

ChrisH
04-01-2003, 02:00 PM
Welcome back Kirsten and the beautiful Luna! :) Sorry things haven`t been going well for you, hope everything starts getting better real soon.

Kirsten
04-01-2003, 02:15 PM
Thanks Chris! :)

Kirsten

NoahsMommy
04-01-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Kirsten
It's really a difficult time for me 'because I didn't only got fired, it happened due to a very bad mobbing situation, started by someone who I considered to be a friend for 17 years. Now I have to learn what a bad person she is. I'm really, really hurt and at this point, I definitely prefer feline company. Luna has probably no idea what a huge support she is to me in these times of disappointment.

Kirsten
That is terrible! I'm so sorry Kirsten! :(

I'll be praying that you find a job you enjoy soon. Having any luck finding something yet? What type of work do you do?

I agree with you on preferring the company of a feline (or more), they are the BEST!. :)

Barbara
04-01-2003, 03:05 PM
Welcome back Kirsten. I met a friend tonight who just lost her job and like Karen I may be facing the same situation this year too.

I hope that we all will be in better circumstances in some time.

I was missing Luna and am looking forward to see more of her:)

jenluckenbach
04-01-2003, 03:17 PM
Now, I know that I have seen Luna before because I never forget a stuningly beautiful cat face. But I am probably too new to really know you, Kirsten. So just let me say, welcome back and here's hoping that things go better for you in the very near future. Bad things always happen for a good reason, you just do not know what it is yet.

koxka
04-01-2003, 04:18 PM
Of course we didn't forget you!!! :) Welcome back! Glad to hear from you and beautiful Luna. Sorry about the job, good waves are sending to your way.

Miss Meow
04-01-2003, 04:28 PM
Kirsten, welcome back! I'm sorry to hear about your job, I hope you find a better one soon.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-01-2003, 05:34 PM
Welcome back! So sorry to hear about your job and that it was such a nasty situation, but as they say, when one door closes another opens, so hopefully you will find something that suits you even better in the very near future.

And did I hear something about a little sister for Luna? Can't wait to hear more!! And see pics of course. ;) :D

batgirl1980
04-01-2003, 06:48 PM
I just joined in February, so we haven't met yet.. but HELLO! and welcome back!!!! :D :D

I am sorry to hear about your job. My husband is about to lose his, and when that happens (It's inevitable), i'll end up losing mine to look for another so that we can accomdate our one car still. *sigh* This is when having my cats really makes life a little easier!

hugs and scritchies to your gang from my gang!

lizbud
04-01-2003, 07:08 PM
Wecome back To you & Luna. :) I never forget a pretty face
like Luna's. I'm glad you are o.k. health wise & hope you find
somthing that you like to do very soon. Best of luck.

Vio&Juni
04-02-2003, 07:07 AM
I thought about you not so long ago. Glad you came back. We'll see Luna's face more often now? Sorry to hear about your job, my project is going to end after May. I am already looking for a job.

Randi
04-02-2003, 07:21 AM
Yes, I do remember you, welcome back, Kirsten! :D

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your job, and particularly under such bad circumstances. :( But somehow, it must be a relief also. I hope you'll find a better job soon. :)

I missed seing beautiful Luna, she is one of my favourites. Give her extra kisses from me!

HayleyRosie
04-02-2003, 08:01 AM
I just joined in January so this is the first thread I have read that you posted. From what everyone is saying I can't wait to see pictures of Luna. I'm am very sorry to hear about your job. I am sure everything will work out for you.

04-02-2003, 08:12 AM
Kirsten & Luna, i am so happy you are back!!!
Cannot wait to see new pictures of Luna and see how much she has changed:D :D
WELCOME BACK !!!!

ScantyNebula
04-02-2003, 08:20 AM
I've only been around here for...err I'd say around a month or so .. but you have a real sweet kittie there and I wish you luck with the job situation. I know how you feel, jobs are that sparse where I live it's hard to even get a summer job. But things will wokr out. Hi Luna!

catmandu
04-02-2003, 09:41 AM
!0 years ago I was fired , unjustly from a job that i had for 20 years. But the thing to do is to find a new job , and it took me a while but I found one. it is going to be tough but God has a special place in his heart for Cat Lovers. Call 1 800 445 5777 for Science Diet , or 1800 525 4267 , explain your situation , and I am sure that they will send coupons!The second number is for Iams.Good to see the furkids again!:D :D :D :D :D

Kirsten
04-02-2003, 10:39 AM
Thanks everyone! :)

I'm concerned to see that so many have lost their jobs or are going to lose it! :( These are hard times indeed! Good luck to everyone of you!!!

At this point, I'm even more hurt about the lies my so called friend is spreading about me right now, it's just so uncalled for and unfair.

LOL, I know I have to post new pics of Luna, so far I did not have the time. I'm also going to post a picture of Luna's future sister Lily later! :) Lily is only three weeks old and is - of course - still with her mom (who lives in Denmark unfortunately but picking her up at the end of May will be a good opportunity to finally meet a very good online friend in person! :)).

Kirsten

Barbara
04-02-2003, 11:15 AM
OOOOH will you go to see Randi?????

For me it was somehow comforting to read about so many people in job stress. We will make it. That's for sure:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-02-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Kirsten
Lily is only three weeks old and is - of course - still with her mom (who lives in Denmark unfortunately but picking her up at the end of May will be a good opportunity to finally meet a very good online friend in person! :)).

Kirsten

Oh goody! Pics of a new kitty and a meeting with Randi and John...and Fister too? :D

Kirsten
04-02-2003, 11:37 AM
No, not Randi, but another Danish friend I know from another bb... we're talking on the phone almost every day but never met in person so far! :)

Barbara, my best wishes to you and your friend! Times aren't easy in Germany right now, are they? :(

Kirsten

Kirsten
04-02-2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Oh goody! Pics of a new kitty and a meeting with Randi and John...and Fister too? :D

On no, not Randi, John and Fister, another friend from Denmark (from another bb). See post above... :o

Kirsten

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-02-2003, 11:44 AM
Oh darn...oh well, pics will still be fun, especially if a sweet little kitten is involved. :D

Randi
04-02-2003, 11:58 AM
Kirsten, if you come to Copenhagen, I'd love to meet you! :) I have a feeling that your friend is in Jylland though, and if that's the case, I have a friend who'd love to get a male kitten very soon. He has his business in both Copenhagen and Aalborg. He'd like an ordinary tabby barn cat. When he visits, he get along so well with Fister. He's a real nice person. :D

If you want my phone no. PM me - I'm also on ICQ.

Kirsten
04-02-2003, 12:29 PM
Randi, just PMed you! :)

Kirsten