PDA

View Full Version : How many cats/dogs have we all rescued here??

Christiansmommy
04-01-2003, 08:30 AM
I thought it would be interesting to see how many cats/dogs/pets we have rescued in total as a Pettalk community? Either from a shelter/foster home or off the street...

I have rescued 2 from a kill shelter...

Cinder & Smoke
04-01-2003, 11:39 AM
We counted up...
Since High School, Dad has invited

**NINE** FurKids

... **Six Dawgs**
... **Three Katz**

to move in and become Fambly Members!!

FIRST of the Dawggiez {"Lady", RB :( } came from a
Police Department Impound;
Then "Arrow, da *watch* dawg (RB :( ) came from the County Pound;
and then there's ME - Cinder - courtesy of an InterNet search and
all the way from Wheeling, WV (County Dawg Jail)!

Ebberbuddie Else wuz a "Walk-Up" :cool: ~

Dad still hasn't found da sign out by da road dat sez
"FurKidz Welkome - Yer FurEbber Dad Lives Rite Here!" ;)

And he's **LOVED** :) every one of us!!

:D

Logan
04-01-2003, 12:02 PM
Good question, Robyn! I'm going to have to go back and count the "all time" number. Right now, in my house, there are two that sort of "strayed" into my life, needing a roof over their heads. That would be Butter :eek: and Milly Cockatiel.

Logan

Pam
04-01-2003, 12:02 PM
This is a tricky one to answer. Ripley was a rescue for sure and from a Kill Shelter too. Trevor came from a pet shop via a friend so he doesn't count, and Bella came from a breeder so she doesn't count either. Andy was at a Yard Sale so I guess you could say he was 'off the street.' :D Anyway, I voted 1.

jenluckenbach
04-01-2003, 03:34 PM
put me down for 10 or more

Cincy'sMom
04-01-2003, 04:26 PM
I'm not sure how to vote...Spot is our "truest rescue" from a kill shelter in Marietta, Ohio (almost to West Virginia!)

Sadie's mom was taken in by the a friend of a friend. Her original owner was going to put her down beacuase he didn't like the way she was acting (which was pregnant!) The family that took Patches in planned to find her a new home, but when they found out she was pregant decided to keep her and rehome the pups. It was a litter of 11 and when we got Sadie there were 3 left. If they didn't find homes for them soon they were going to have to out them into a shelter. I don't kow what ended up happening, but we rescued Sadie before she ended up in a shelter...

Cincy came to us frm an add in the paper for free lab mix puppies. I felt like we rescued her...her mom had already been back in the house for a week, even though Cincy was just over 6 weeks when we got her. We had intended on leaving her with her mom until she was 8 weeks, as we did with Sadie, but that changed when we saw how they were linving...All the pups were being kept outisde in a chicken coup. Cincy didn't seem to be eating properally as her belly was all swollen and on the way home Ralph found a tick in her ear. I'm not sure she would have made it 2 more weeks....

I guess I can vote 3...

Desert Arabian
04-01-2003, 05:11 PM
We rescued 1 cat and out of my 7 rats 5 were rescued.

So, the total is 6. :D :D

RockyRoad
04-01-2003, 06:47 PM
One for us -- Sally was rescued (In a way) because a man was giving kittens away in my dad's workplace because he could not care for her or her siblings. So I guess that counts.

Cookiebaker
04-01-2003, 08:08 PM
We rescued Marigold from a society. They gave her to us practically for free (just the cost of the spay $60) when they usually had an adoption fee of $120. She is such a special kitty, I am glad that she was there for us!!! :)

tikeyas_mom
04-01-2003, 08:31 PM
you dint put a zero on the poll. .. I guess I cant vote ..

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-01-2003, 08:34 PM
Two in my house now.... I have no idea... how many throughout my life... I had a lot of pets growing up that my dad brought home..

I wanted a kitten for christmas and told Eric to rescue one from the pound... and Jupiter was on his way to the pound or somewhere else when my sister couldn't keep him so ... we took him in.:)

neko1
04-02-2003, 05:21 AM
Neko and Pumpkin were shelter cats.
Cookie was a feral cat we managed to capture.
Tama was given to me by a client who couldn't keep him anymore.

PayItForward
04-02-2003, 05:47 AM
Both George & Milly were adopted from our local RSPCA shelter.

anna_66
04-02-2003, 07:47 AM
Huney was dumped in the country, and we took her in. So I voted 1

Christiansmommy
04-02-2003, 07:59 AM
Well so far (according to the poll), we have rescued 62 animals from a life that we might not want to think of...so i think that should be pretty rewarding for all of us...every bit counts...and i think it is great that all of these loving animals have loving homes and a new outlook on their life! Thanks everyone!

Robyn

mugsy
04-02-2003, 11:15 AM
24 for us (I think) and we have 20 currently

Cinder & Smoke
04-02-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by mugsy
24 for us (I think) and we have 20 currently

24 ~ Wow!

Just *THINK* what that number would be if you'd
started Rescuing a lil Earlier in Life!!

Congratulations to Both of you!! :)

mugsy
04-02-2003, 12:14 PM
Thanks Phred

04-02-2003, 12:51 PM
Oh oh, I voted 3; now I realise I forgot Billie the bun and Jasper the guinea pig....!:eek: :eek: Sorry Billie & Jasper!! So, I HAVE ADOPTED 5 !!!!

So, I first got our bunny Billie, then our RB Sydney from a foster home, then Maya from a shelter, then Jasper from a pet shop, and last our Inka, from the fields...!

4 Dog Mother
04-03-2003, 05:56 AM
I guess I vote 5 - Oreo was definitely rescued 13 1/2 years ago when a friend who was a UPS driver called and asked if we would adopt her from this family that he delivered to because their beagle had gotten with a neighborhood poodle and produced pups that the family didn't want. We don't know how many were in the litter but Tony was there when they found one of the pups dead after becoming stuck in a piece of drainage tile near their barn. It was December and very cold out so he feared for Oreo's life too.

Dazzi came to us when a friend was moving and said if we didn't take her he would probably take her back to the shelter he got her from.

We adopted Taggert after a rescue group rescued him the day before he was to be put down.

We adopted Snoopy in the same way but from a different rescue person.

And now I feel we have rescued Jack who was with a foster after his parents moved without him. He was definitely being neglected with the foster.

captain
04-16-2003, 07:02 PM
I can only contribute 1 :(.

My precious Jo - Rosebreasted cockatoo.

Mugsy - ONLY 24!!!! WOW :eek: