PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Luka-pop
03-31-2003, 07:10 PM
Hi! I just joined yesterday, and this is my first post. A bit about me...
I've been volunteering at a local animal shelter for 2 years, and in January, I adopted my first dog, a 1 y.o. male lab/pointer mix, Luka. I also have a teddy bear hamster (Obi), 3 mice (Pro, Echo, Mooney), 2 gerbils (Goma, Ti), 4 frogs, and a pond full of about 40 goldfish.

I've also been horseback riding (hunter/jumper) for 5 years. Last summer, I leased a green (incompletely trained) Thoroughbred named Romeo who was a wild bucking bronco. I also just finished training a Morgan/Arab pony named Sadie into a lesson pony, and I've been assigned to exercise/train a saddlebred named Jewel (wish me luck, cuz she's crazy).

Hope I'm welcomed here! :)

babolaypo65
03-31-2003, 07:14 PM
WELCOME! :D

slick
03-31-2003, 07:29 PM
Of course you are welcomed!! The first thing I always ask is "can we see pictures of your pets??"

You'll find alot of comfort and support here. We all care about each other and each other's pets and we're glad to help you in any way we can.

weiner_teddy
03-31-2003, 07:53 PM
WELCOME LUKA-POP!!! Hope you enjoy it here at PET TALK!!! :D

Tina
03-31-2003, 07:59 PM
Welcome To Pet Talk!! I'm sure you will really like it here. There are some pretty nice people here :)

I'm proudly owned by 3 dogs Ginger-Miniature Pinscher mix,Oscar-Miniature Pinscher/Miniature Poodle/Terrier mix and Ruff- Collie/Spitz mix.

3 cats- Gus,Fuzzy Wuzzy and Ozzie.

1 bird-Feathers-Parakeet I just recently lost my cockatiel BirdBird.

1 guinea pig-Wiggy Pig

1 rabbit- Hershey

04-01-2003, 05:24 AM
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/welcomeweb.gif

I have 2 cats, one RB-cat, a bunny and a guinea pig. You can see their pics in my signature and on my web-site!

jenluckenbach
04-01-2003, 06:06 AM
WELCOME. And finally someone with some mice (we'll have to trade stories)
I have 13 cats and 14 mice. You will really like it here.

Cataholic
04-01-2003, 08:21 AM
I think you will find you are very welcomed here- even with your mice...:D :D

I cohabitate with six tuxies, and they are displayed in my signature. We sure would like to see pictures!!

anna_66
04-01-2003, 08:24 AM
I'm sure you'll enjoy it here:D

PayItForward
04-01-2003, 11:20 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk,

We like pictures on this forum :D :D

tatsxxx11
04-01-2003, 11:39 AM
Welcome to you Luka!! You are MOST welcome~:) What a wonderful critter menagerie you've got there! And you sound like a wonderfully accomplished horsewomen, animal lover and dedicated volunteer! Yup, you're gonna fit right in! I have 2 dogs, Cody. a Husky/Shep and Star, a yellow Lab, 2 kitties, Mr. B and Oliver, and 2 guinea pigs, Squeeker and Moon! Welcome!:)

Logan
04-01-2003, 11:44 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk!!!! We are so glad you are here!!! :)

Join in and tell us more about your pets. The horse training sounds very exciting! Let us know how that goes!!!

My signature says it all, I am "mother of many", both skin, furry and feathered. We have 3 dogs (2 Golden Retrievers and one Lab), two cats and two Cockatiels! :) And there are 3 skin kids here, 4 if you count my husband!! :p

Vermontcat
04-01-2003, 11:45 AM
http://www.uselessgraphics.com/cheval11a.gifWelcome to Pet Talk Luka! :D
I am sure we will be talking about horses in Pet General, in fact I think you already posted some pics there. I will go check it out now.
It is nice to see someone new from my corner of the country.( Cookiebaker will be happy too!) :)

HoRsELUvR
04-01-2003, 01:10 PM
Hi and welcome!Thats so cool that you've trained green horses and that you do hunter jumper.I love show jumping.actually i love anything related to horses.anyway enough of me babbling.Welcome and Im sure youll like it here!:D

iceyshiver21
04-01-2003, 01:13 PM
WELCOME!!
You wounldn't happen to be the same great person who showed such beautiful pictures to me at Dogo, would you?? :D Everyone would like to see you wonderful Horses, we LOVE pictures here too. This too is a great place like Dogo!! I know you'll LOVE it here also.

bluekat
04-01-2003, 05:21 PM
~WELCOME!!!!!!!~

I'm sure you'll love it here!